• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

ASUS Announces the E3 Pro Gaming V5 Motherboard Based on Intel C232 Chipset

btarunr

Editor & Senior Moderator
Staff member
System Name RBMK-1000
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B450-E Gaming
Cooling DeepCool Gammax L240 V2
Memory 2x 8GB G.Skill Sniper X
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GameRock
Storage Western Digital Black NVMe 512GB
Display(s) BenQ 1440p 60 Hz 27-inch
Case Corsair Carbide 100R
Audio Device(s) ASUS SupremeFX S1220A
Power Supply Cooler Master MWE Gold 650W
Mouse ASUS ROG Strix Impact
Keyboard Gamdias Hermes E2
Software Windows 11 Pro
ASUS today announced E3 Pro Gaming V5, an ATX motherboard based on the latest Intel C232 Express chipset and packed with game-enhancing exclusive features for superior gaming experiences, including gaming-grade SupremeFX and Sonic Radar II audio, gaming-grade Intel Gigabit Ethernet with ASUS LANGuard and GameFirst technologies for fast, safe and lag-free online play.

E3 Pro Gaming V5 offers desktop gamers the unique opportunity to benefit from the performance, stability and ready availability of the latest server-grade Xeon E3-1200 v5 processors based on Intel's high-efficiency 14nm 'Skylake' architecture. It also supports the newest high-speed DDR4 memory modules, for cooler, faster and more efficient performance.

The newest member of the value-packed Pro Gaming line-up is equipped for superior cooling with a dedicated water-pump header, plus intuitive Fan Xpert 3 controls. It also offers the very latest connectivity, with USB 3.1 Gen 2 Type-A, reversible USB 3.1 Gen 2 Type-C and NVM Express (NVMe) M.2 all built in.

E3 Pro Gaming V5 includes exclusive RAMCache technology to accelerate game loads, and has durable Gamer's Guardian components to ensure longevity.

Built to game: SupremeFX audio, Sonic Radar II, Intel Gigabit LAN, LANGuard and GameFirst
E3 Pro Gaming V5 is engineered with ASUS-exclusive SupremeFX audio technology for in-game sound that's alive with realism. The purity and stability of the remarkable 115dB signal-to-noise ratio (SNR) is assured, with a shielded design, electromagnetic-interference (EMI) cover and voltage-protected 5V power supply.

Supreme FX's superior components, including the trusted Realtek ALC1150 codec, maximize acoustic performance and eliminate interference - so only the very best audio is enjoyed through either gaming headsets or speakers. The red-line shielding is illuminated for beautiful aesthetics, and it's even customizable, allowing users to create eye-catching lighting effects.

The new motherboard also enables gamers to become hunters rather than the hunted with Sonic Radar II, a stealthy overlay that shows what opponents and teammates are up to on the battlefield - all managed via a simple control panel and customizable game list. Sonic Radar II shows both the direction and origin of key in-game sounds, enabling ASUS gamers to practice enemy-pinpointing skill. It even includes Audio Enhancement technology to clarify every sound detail - providing an audible heads-up to vital events.

Multiple advanced networking technologies to ensure E3 Pro Gaming V5 gamers are victorious, including tournament-level Intel Gigabit Ethernet, ASUS-exclusive LANGuard and GameFirst technologies to keep the connection fast and free from lag.

Intel's LAN technology has the serious double advantage of reducing CPU overhead and offering exceptionally high TCP and UDP throughput, significantly reducing the processor's workload to free up power for the game.

ASUS LANGuard is hardware-level networking protection that employs signal-coupling technology and premium anti-EMI surface-mounted capacitors for rock-solid gaming connections and better throughout for online play, plus electrostatically-guarded and surge-protected components for greater tolerance to static electricity and improved protection against power surges.

All-new and exclusive GameFirst technology prioritizes game-related packets and allocates more bandwidth to games, eliminating laggy gameplay, streaming stutters and file-sharing slowdown. GameFirst also includes Multi-Gate Teaming to team all available networks for maximum bandwidth and the smoothest-ever gameplay.

Equipped to cool: Dedicated liquid-cooling water-pump header, plus Fan Xpert 3 controls
For the ultimate in cooling and quietness, E3 Pro Gaming V5 includes a dedicated water-pump header along with advanced onboard thermal sensors and hardware-level 4-pin/3-pin PWM/DC mode detection - all controlled by the intuitive simplicity of Fan Xpert 3.

E3 Pro Gaming V5's integrated onboard water-pump header makes the best water-cooling efficiency instantly accessible, and Fan Xpert 3 ensures that every fan maximizes cooling performance while minimizing noise.

Next-gen connections and protection: USB 3.1, M.2, RAMCache, Gamer's Guardian and smart DIY
E3 Pro Gaming V5 has the newest, fastest and most convenient connectivity built in, with both USB 3.1 Gen 2 Type-A and reversible Type-C sockets for data-transfer speeds of up to 10Gbit/s - or twice (2X) as fast as USB 3.0. USB 3.1 is completely backward-compatible with existing USB devices, and ASUS-exclusive USB 3.1 Boost technology automatically accelerates USB 3.1 performance even further.

A built-in M.2 socket provides access to the latest high-speed solid-state drives (SSDs), while uniquely-intelligent RAMCache technology caches an entire storage device so that favorite games and apps launch at breakneck speeds. RAMCache gets to work the moment it's activated, minimizing the risk of data loss and turning milliseconds into microseconds - boosting game-load times to stratospheric levels.

E3 Pro Gaming V5 is protected by multiple self-defenses called Gamer's Guardian, including the Digi+ voltage-regulator module (VRM) for ultra-clean power delivery, DRAM Overcurrent Protection with resettable fuses to prevent overcurrent and short-circuit damage, superior chokes, durable and high-temperature-resistant capacitors, and a corrosion-resistant stainless-steel input/output (I/O) back panel. It also has ASUS ESD Guards to actively protect against sudden electrostatic discharge (ESD).

E3 Pro Gaming V5 is the first ASUS consumer motherboard to support Xeon E3-1200 v5 processors. It will be followed in 2016 by multiple additions to the popular ASUS Signature series, including the ATX E3-Pro V5 and micro ATX (mATX) E3M-ET V5 and E3M-Plus V5. Every ASUS Signature motherboard is engineered with multiple advanced hardware safeguards and LED-illuminated audio.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

Nelson Ng

Using Xeon processors for gaming???

Xeons are server processors, for task and workload intensive workloads only. Consumer grade Windows XP / 7 / 8 / 10 doesn't even have proper support for these processors. You'll need Linux for proper OS support....

Asus is desperate to milk every soul till their last drop ... *** SIGN ***

Not like you're really gonna see a difference..especially since you can get a "i7" Xeon for about 50 dollars less at the moment.

System Name [H]arbringer
Processor 4x 61XX ES @3.5Ghz (48cores)
Motherboard SM GL
Cooling 3x xspc rx360, rx240, 4x DT G34 snipers, D5 pump.
Memory 16x gskill DDR3 1600 cas6 2gb
Video Card(s) blah bigadv folder no gfx needed
Storage 32GB Sammy SSD
Display(s) headless
Case Xigmatek Elysium (whats left of it)
Audio Device(s) yawn
Power Supply Antec 1200w HCP
Software Ubuntu 10.10
Benchmark Scores http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=1780855 http://www.hwbot.org/submission/2158678 http://ww

Xeons are server processors, for task and workload intensive workloads only. Consumer grade Windows XP / 7 / 8 / 10 doesn't even have proper support for these processors. You'll need Linux for proper OS support....

You are right up there with the dipshit cable tech who tried to tell me my internet performance sucked because my modem and router were "out of sync" ...

So much red vomit on this board, seriously what the hell were designers at Asus thinking when they designed this board. :banghead:

Somebody needs to tell this person that others also have gaming xeon boards.

Processor FX 8320
Motherboard ASUS M5A99X Evo R2.0
Cooling Enermax TCS-T40-W
Memory Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer
Video Card(s) Radeon HD5750
Storage Crucial MX200 250GB
Display(s) BenQ 19"
Case Enermax Ostrog White
Audio Device(s) Asus Xonar DG
Power Supply Enermax Revolution XT 530 Gold
Software Windows 10 Pro 64bit
Sorry but I am sickened by intel. Soon we will find its products also in boxes of detergent.
Yes Yes I'm waiting for Zen...

System Name Marmo / Kanon
Processor Intel Core i7 9700K / AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
Motherboard Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro WiFi / X570S Aorus Pro AX
Cooling Noctua NH-U12S x 2
Memory Corsair Vengeance 32GB 2666-C16 / 32GB 3200-C16
Video Card(s) KFA2 RTX3070 Ti / Asus TUF RX 6800XT OC
Storage Samsung 970 EVO+ 1TB, 860 EVO 1TB / Samsung 970 Pro 1TB, 970 EVO+ 1TB
Display(s) Dell AW2521HFA / U2715H
Case Fractal Design Focus G / Pop Air RGB
Audio Device(s) Onboard / Creative SB ZxR
Power Supply SeaSonic Focus GX 650W / PX 750W
Mouse Logitech MX310 / G1
Keyboard Logitech G413 / G513
Software Win 11 Ent
Just another product which uses the "Xeon" name to trick the buyers.

I can't see any difference between this and any B150 based budget gaming boards apart from the lack of IGP output. It would be more appealing if they at least implemented C236 (server/workstation equiv. of Z170) instead.

Windows 10 supports up to 2 CPU's, 256 cores/threads and 512GB RAM. And we are talking just Pro version that basically everyone has. Most systems still run on single quad cores with 8GB RAM. I think there is very little fear for compatibility. I've seen people with 10 cores/20 threads Xeons on Windows 10. So, I guess there aren't any problems with that...

Benchmark Scores Faster than yours... I'd bet on it. :)

Wat??? NO.

Aquinus

Resident Wat-man
System Name Apollo
Processor Intel Core i9 9880H
Motherboard Some proprietary Apple thing.
Memory 64GB DDR4-2667
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon Pro 5600M, 8GB HBM2
Storage 1TB Apple NVMe, 4TB External
Display(s) Laptop @ 3072x1920 + 2x LG 5k Ultrafine TB3 displays
Case MacBook Pro (16", 2019)
Audio Device(s) AirPods Pro, Sennheiser HD 380s w/ FIIO Alpen 2, or Logitech 2.1 Speakers
Power Supply 96w Power Adapter
Mouse Logitech MX Master 3
Keyboard Logitech G915, GL Clicky
Software MacOS 12.1
Xeon board and no VT-d? What the hell? The only "Xeon-like" thing about this chipset is support for RSTe...
Somebody needs to tell this person that others also have gaming xeon boards.
Or that Xeons can run on non C-series chipsets depending on the motherboard?

System Name Personal Rig
Processor Intel i5 3570K
Motherboard Asus P8Z77-V
Cooling Noctua NH-U12P Push/Pull
Memory 8GB 1600Mhz Vengeance
Video Card(s) Intel HD4000
Storage Seagate 1TB & 180GB Intel 330
Display(s) AOC I2360P
Case Enermax Vostok
Audio Device(s) Onboard realtek
Power Supply Corsair TX650
Mouse Microsoft OEM 2.0
Keyboard Logitech Internet Pro White
Software Legal ;)
Benchmark Scores Very big
Xeon board and no VT-d? What the hell? The only "Xeon-like" thing about this chipset is support for RSTe...

Or that Xeons can run on non C-series chipsets depending on the motherboard?

Xeons (skylake ones) can't run on non C chipsets, unlike previous platforms.
So this board makes a lot of sense. Xeon E3 123x is basicly just i7 6700 with iGPU disabled and noticeably cheaper.

They just need to make cheaper skus, so buyers wanting a cheap 8 thread system will get its treat.

First. You're seeing this news in a purely gaming perspective... If we talk stock clocks, is being proven many times now that a xeon of same specs as an equivalent "core" series cpu, actually performs better in many tasks (games included) due to a higher level binning procedure. Also due to to this binning, xeons often consume less power then core parts and have support for pro-sumer features.
Maybe you want to have a workstation and gaming system all in one but you don't necessarely want to spend a fortune on a e5 xeon or extreme edition cpus (lga 2011-3 to be clear).
With this board and a matching xeon e3, you could still have plenty of gaming "umph" to cream most games with no bottlenecks what so ever!
More over you CAN overclock them (BCLK only mind you, but you can!) and I've seen something in the neighbours of a 10% increase in clock speeds for xeon parts...

Perfect streamer-gaming-workstation PC would be:

motherboard : Asus E3 Pro Gaming V5
processor : Intel Xeon E3-1270V5 (Skylake - 80W - base3.6/turbo4.0Ghz - no integrated graphics)
http://ark.intel.com/compare/88195,88174 (i7 6700k vs Xeon E5 1270v5)
memory : Crucial 16GB (2 x 8GB) Registered DDR4-2133
cooler : beQuiet! DarkRock Pro3
ssd : m.2 Samsung 950pro 256GB
hdd : Seagate 2TB Hybrid
graphics card : Gigabyte Windforce 3X OC GTX 980Ti
power supply : Rosewill Photon 750W 80+Gold
case : beQuiet! Silent Base 600
case fans : beQuiet! silentWings2 120mm 50CFM 19dB

PcPartPicker link to a build I made using a B150 board cause no one has that asus board in stock...
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/f2ZBXL

System Name Personal Rig
Processor Intel i5 3570K
Motherboard Asus P8Z77-V
Display(s) AOC I2360P
Case Enermax Vostok
Mouse Microsoft OEM 2.0
Software Legal ;)
Just another product which uses the "Xeon" name to trick the buyers.

I can't see any difference between this and any B150 based budget gaming boards apart from the lack of IGP output. It would be more appealing if they at least implemented C236 (server/workstation equiv. of Z170) instead.

There is one fundamental difference. It supports E xeons, while B/H/Z150 boards dont.

System Name Personal Rig
Processor Intel i5 3570K
Motherboard Asus P8Z77-V
Display(s) AOC I2360P
Case Enermax Vostok
Mouse Microsoft OEM 2.0
Software Legal ;)

First. You're seeing this news in a purely gaming perspective... If we talk stock clocks, is being proven many times now that a xeon of same specs as an equivalent "core" series cpu, actually performs better in many tasks (games included) due to a higher level binning procedure. Also due to to this binning, xeons often consume less power then core parts and have support for pro-sumer features.
Maybe you want to have a workstation and gaming system all in one but you don't necessarely want to spend a fortune on a e5 xeon or extreme edition cpus (lga 2011-3 to be clear).
With this board and a matching xeon e3, you could still have plenty of gaming "umph" to cream most games with no bottlenecks what so ever!
More over you CAN overclock them (BCLK only mind you, but you can!) and I've seen something in the neighbours of a 10% increase in clock speeds for xeon parts...

Perfect streamer-gaming-workstation PC would be:

motherboard : Asus E3 Pro Gaming V5
processor : Intel Xeon E3-1270V5 (Skylake - 80W - base3.6/turbo4.0Ghz - no integrated graphics)
http://ark.intel.com/compare/88195,88174 (i7 6700k vs Xeon E5 1270v5)
memory : Crucial 16GB (2 x 8GB) Registered DDR4-2133
cooler : beQuiet! DarkRock Pro3
ssd : m.2 Samsung 950pro 256GB
hdd : Seagate 2TB Hybrid
graphics card : Gigabyte Windforce 3X OC GTX 980Ti
power supply : Rosewill Photon 750W 80+Gold
case : beQuiet! Silent Base 600
case fans : beQuiet! silentWings2 120mm 50CFM 19dB

PcPartPicker link to a build I made using a B150 board cause no one has that asus board in stock...
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/f2ZBXL

1151 xeons don't support registered dimms. Also, there is no point in buying 1270V5, if you have 1230V5 for much less.

Aquinus

Resident Wat-man
System Name Apollo
Processor Intel Core i9 9880H
Motherboard Some proprietary Apple thing.
Memory 64GB DDR4-2667
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon Pro 5600M, 8GB HBM2
Storage 1TB Apple NVMe, 4TB External
Display(s) Laptop @ 3072x1920 + 2x LG 5k Ultrafine TB3 displays
Case MacBook Pro (16", 2019)
Audio Device(s) AirPods Pro, Sennheiser HD 380s w/ FIIO Alpen 2, or Logitech 2.1 Speakers
Power Supply 96w Power Adapter
Mouse Logitech MX Master 3
Keyboard Logitech G915, GL Clicky
Software MacOS 12.1
Xeons (skylake ones) can't run on non C chipsets, unlike previous platforms.
My P9X79 Deluxe didn't support Xeons until later in its lifetime either. My point is that in a year or less, I wouldn't be surprised if that's no longer the case. There really isn't a whole lot of difference between the two that could make them electrically incompatible.

My point is, give it time.

peche

Thermaltake fanboy
System Name Athenna
Processor intel i7 3770 *Dellided*
Motherboard GIGABYTE GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 Rev. 1.1
Cooling Thermaltake Water 3.0 Pro + Tt Riing12 x2 / Tt ThunderBlade / Gelid Slim 120UV fans
Memory 16GB DRR3 Kingoston with Custom Tt spreaders + HyperX Fan
Video Card(s) GeForce GTX 980 4GB Nvidia Sample
Storage Crucial M4 SSD 64GB's / Seagate Barracuda 2TB / Seagate Barracuda 320GB's
Display(s) 22" LG FLATRON 1920 x 1280p
Case Thermaltake Commander G42 Window
Audio Device(s) On-board Dolby 5.1+ Kingston HyperX Cloud 1
Power Supply Themaltake TR2 700W 80plus bronce & APC Pro backup 1000Va
Mouse Tt eSports Level 10M Rev 1.0 Diamond Black & Tt Conkor "L" mouse pad
Keyboard Tt eSports KNUCKER
Software windows 10x64Pro
Benchmark Scores well I've fried a 775' P4 12 years ago, that counts?
@Knoxx29 there you have, what we already discuss in the past lad...
@CAPSLOCKSTUCK your dreams make true....
:toast:

System Name Personal Rig
Processor Intel i5 3570K
Motherboard Asus P8Z77-V
Display(s) AOC I2360P
Case Enermax Vostok
Mouse Microsoft OEM 2.0
Software Legal ;)
My P9X79 Deluxe didn't support Xeons until later in its lifetime either. My point is that in a year or less, I wouldn't be surprised if that's no longer the case. There really isn't a whole lot of difference between the two that could make them electrically incompatible.

My point is, give it time.

I doubt that will be the case. xeon e3 123x v3 were very popular choice instead of i7 (cous they were cheaper). I bet intel smelled that and locked it away next time around (that being 1151).

So i highly doubt we'll see that.

System Name Lynni PS \ Lenowo TwinkPad T480
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7700 Raphael \ i7-8550U Kaby Lake-R
Motherboard ASRock B650M PG Riptide Bios v. 2.02 AMD AGESA 1.1.0.0 \ Lenowo 20L60036MX Bios 1.47
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 Chromax.Black (Only middle fan) \ Lenowo WN-2
Memory G.Skill Flare X5 2x16GB DDR5 6000MHZ CL36-36-36-96 AMD EXPO \ Willk Elektronik 2x16GB 2666MHZ CL17
Video Card(s) Asus GeForce RTX™ 4070 Dual OC GPU: 2325-2355 MEM: 1462| Nvidia GeForce MX™ 150 2GB GDDR5 Micron
Storage Gigabyte M30 1TB|Sabrent Rocket 2TB| HDD: 10TB|1TB \ SKHynix 256GB 2242 3x2 | WD SN700 1TB
Display(s) LG UltraGear 27GP850-B 1440p@165Hz | LG 48CX OLED 4K HDR | AUO 14" 1440p IPS
Case Asus Prime AP201 White Mesh | Lenowo T480 chassis
Audio Device(s) Steelseries Arctis Pro Wireless
Power Supply Be Quiet! Pure Power 12 M 750W Goldie | 65W
Mouse Logitech G305 Lightspeedy Wireless | Lenowo TouchPad & Logitech G305
Keyboard Akko 3108 DS Horizon V2 Cream Yellow | T480 UK Lumi
Software Win11 Pro 23H2 UK
Benchmark Scores 3DMARK: https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/89434432? GPU-Z: https://www.techpowerup.com/gpuz/details/v3zbr
There is one fundamental difference. It supports E xeons, while B/H/Z150 boards dont.

It's lame to see Intel has removed Xeon support from even the Z170 chipset, idk if it's just a simple bios remove instead of they have removed it in the chipset while it was build.

I personally hope it's just a bios update needed to be able to run a Xeon.

System Name [H]arbringer
Processor 4x 61XX ES @3.5Ghz (48cores)
Motherboard SM GL
Cooling 3x xspc rx360, rx240, 4x DT G34 snipers, D5 pump.
Memory 16x gskill DDR3 1600 cas6 2gb
Video Card(s) blah bigadv folder no gfx needed
Storage 32GB Sammy SSD
Display(s) headless
Case Xigmatek Elysium (whats left of it)
Audio Device(s) yawn
Power Supply Antec 1200w HCP
Software Ubuntu 10.10
Benchmark Scores http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=1780855 http://www.hwbot.org/submission/2158678 http://ww
It's lame to see Intel has removed Xeon support from even the Z170 chipset, idk if it's just a simple bios remove instead of they have removed it in the chipset while it was build.

I personally hope it's just a bios update needed to be able to run a Xeon.

Given that manufactures said its not possible and made server chipset desktop gaming boards... to bypass intel...

System Name Lynni PS \ Lenowo TwinkPad T480
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7700 Raphael \ i7-8550U Kaby Lake-R
Motherboard ASRock B650M PG Riptide Bios v. 2.02 AMD AGESA 1.1.0.0 \ Lenowo 20L60036MX Bios 1.47
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 Chromax.Black (Only middle fan) \ Lenowo WN-2
Memory G.Skill Flare X5 2x16GB DDR5 6000MHZ CL36-36-36-96 AMD EXPO \ Willk Elektronik 2x16GB 2666MHZ CL17
Video Card(s) Asus GeForce RTX™ 4070 Dual OC GPU: 2325-2355 MEM: 1462| Nvidia GeForce MX™ 150 2GB GDDR5 Micron
Storage Gigabyte M30 1TB|Sabrent Rocket 2TB| HDD: 10TB|1TB \ SKHynix 256GB 2242 3x2 | WD SN700 1TB
Display(s) LG UltraGear 27GP850-B 1440p@165Hz | LG 48CX OLED 4K HDR | AUO 14" 1440p IPS
Case Asus Prime AP201 White Mesh | Lenowo T480 chassis
Audio Device(s) Steelseries Arctis Pro Wireless
Power Supply Be Quiet! Pure Power 12 M 750W Goldie | 65W
Mouse Logitech G305 Lightspeedy Wireless | Lenowo TouchPad & Logitech G305
Keyboard Akko 3108 DS Horizon V2 Cream Yellow | T480 UK Lumi
Software Win11 Pro 23H2 UK
Benchmark Scores 3DMARK: https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/89434432? GPU-Z: https://www.techpowerup.com/gpuz/details/v3zbr
I hope to see some nice Micro-ATX boards too, instead of all ATX, now that Intel skipped support for Xeon processors on the Z170 chipset board.

Keullo-e

S.T.A.R.S.
System Name 4K-gaming
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X up to 5.05GHz
Motherboard Gigabyte B550M Aorus Elite
Cooling Custom loop (CPU+GPU, 240 & 120 rads)
Memory 32GB Kingston HyperX Fury @ DDR4-3466
Video Card(s) PowerColor RX 6700 XT Fighter OC/UV
Storage ~4TB SSD + 6TB HDD
Display(s) Acer 27" 4K120 IPS + Lenovo 32" 4K60 IPS
Case Corsair 4000D Airflow White
Audio Device(s) Asus TUF H3 Wireless
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse Logitech MX518
Keyboard Roccat Vulcan 121 AIMO
VR HMD Oculus Rift CV1
Software Windows 11 Pro
Benchmark Scores It runs Crysis remastered at 4K

What the hell are you talking about? 10 years ago S939 Opterons were popular with gamers and overclockers because they had a great price/performance ratio and they overclocked well. And Opterons are "server" processors, just like Xeons. But in fact they are just like their desktop counterparts, only different branding and maybe some more features. They run games just like their desktop counterparts when compared clock-to-clock.

cdawall

where the hell are my stars
System Name All the cores
Processor 2990WX
Motherboard Asrock X399M
Cooling CPU-XSPC RayStorm Neo, 2x240mm+360mm, D5PWM+140mL, GPU-2x360mm, 2xbyski, D4+D5+100mL
Memory 4x16GB G.Skill 3600
Video Card(s) (2) EVGA SC BLACK 1080Ti's
Storage 2x Samsung SM951 512GB, Samsung PM961 512GB
Display(s) Dell UP2414Q 3840X2160@60hz
Case Caselabs Mercury S5+pedestal
Audio Device(s) Fischer HA-02->Fischer FA-002W High edition/FA-003/Jubilate/FA-011 depending on my mood
Power Supply Seasonic Prime 1200w
Mouse Thermaltake Theron, Steam controller
Keyboard Keychron K8
Software W10P
Assuming asus gives a bios with unlocked overclocking this will be an excellent setup for semi-budget builds. I rocked a xeon and currently have a 2p opteron setup both of which ran 7 ultimate. It supports it fine.

System Name Univac SLI Edition
Processor Intel Xeon 1650 V3 @ 4.2GHz
Motherboard eVGA X99 FTW K
Cooling EK Supremacy EVO, Swiftech MCP50x, Alphacool NeXXos UT60 360, Black Ice GTX 360
Memory 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000MHz
Video Card(s) Nvidia Titan X Tri-SLI w/ EK Blocks
Storage HyperX Predator 240GB PCI-E, Samsung 850 Pro 512GB
Display(s) Dell UltraSharp 34" Ultra-Wide (U3415W) / (Samsung 48" Curved 4k)
Case Phanteks Enthoo Pro M Acrylic Edition
Audio Device(s) Sound Blaster Z
Power Supply Thermaltake 1350watt Toughpower Modular
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard CODE 10 keyless MX Clears
Software Windows 10 Pro
I rock Xeons at work that game completely fine. See no issue with this, especially if there is no immediate support for Xeons on Z170/below boards. In a tech world full of processor stagnation this makes sense from a business perspective.

Im gaming on my E5-1650v3 and running windows 7 on it. Its literally the same chip as x99 consumer cpus, but binned and marketed xeon. You don't know what you are talking about, at all. Do you really think Asus would release and market a board with xeon support that didn't work with windows....