• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

ASUS Crosshair Hero VIII (Wi-FI) Beta BIOS / FW 3101

System Name RyzenGtEvo/ Asus strix scar II
Processor Amd R5 5900X/ Intel 8750H
Motherboard Crosshair hero8 impact/Asus
Cooling 360EK extreme rad+ 360$EK slim all push, cpu ek suprim Gpu full cover all EK
Memory Corsair Vengeance Rgb pro 3600cas14 16Gb in four sticks./16Gb/16GB
Video Card(s) Powercolour RX7900XT Reference/Rtx 2060
Storage Silicon power 2TB nvme/8Tb external/1Tb samsung Evo nvme 2Tb sata ssd/1Tb nvme
Display(s) Samsung UAE28"850R 4k freesync.dell shiter
Case Lianli 011 dynamic/strix scar2
Audio Device(s) Xfi creative 7.1 on board ,Yamaha dts av setup, corsair void pro headset
Power Supply corsair 1200Hxi/Asus stock
Mouse Roccat Kova/ Logitech G wireless
Keyboard Roccat Aimo 120
VR HMD Oculus rift
Software Win 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores 8726 vega 3dmark timespy/ laptop Timespy 6506
i guess asus is making a big mess with these bios .... 5 bios in less than two months .. to find some stability i had to go back to 2206 ..
it is not the fault of ram, processor or chipset .. the bios is the only thing that determines the stability of a system..
here asus is making a big mess
You got it working, that's great and all that matters but that bold bit is totally wrong.

my motherboard in docp sees memories at 3600mhz by default
the kit has been programmed to work at 3600mhz and on the motherboard instructions and described how to mount 4 memory banks up to a maximum of 128 gb

You got it working, that's great and all that matters but that bold bit is totally wrong.

I'm not sure yet 1 day and too little to say that it works I have to see the reboot and always lurking in the coming days ... sure that from bios 2311 onwards for me and for many others it was a catastrophe ... moreover in the my case and in many other cases referred to me by a professional assembler with physical shop with these last bios the cpu temperature has risen by almost 5 degrees on similar systems .. with this 2206 I am 34 degrees from the 39 in idle I had with with 3003 and 3101 perhaps these last bios are more suitable for the new more performing processors and not for my 3950x

i guess asus is making a big mess with these bios .... 5 bios in less than two months .. to find some stability i had to go back to 2206 ..
it is not the fault of ram, processor or chipset .. the bios is the only thing that determines the stability of a system..
Unfortunatelly (we lose) this seems true - I've been a bit of a fan of theirs but will think very hard when I buy a motherboard after this. This particular motherboard has had more BIOS problems than any I've had since back in the days of ABIT. Maybe this is why they came out with a more robust Dark Hero - but I'm not sure I want to gamble nor give them more of my money as a prize.

System Name Ryzen5900X
Processor AMD Ryzen 5900X
Motherboard Gigabyte B550 AORUS PRO AC
Cooling NZXT Kraken X62
Memory 4x G.Skill F4-3600C17D-8GTZ
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon RX 6800XT Midnight Black
the kit has been programmed to work at 3600mhz and on the motherboard instructions and described how to mount 4 memory banks up to a maximum of 128 gb
Still no guarantee it will work at 3600MHz. Its part of the silicon lottery. If you are unlucky the integrated memory controller is not stable at 3600MHz with four dual rank sticks.

For someone which is asking for help you're quite stubborn. Please test it with just two dimm's installed to see if it is stable at 3600MHz.

[QUOTE = "Bayfront Benny, post: 4424243, membro: 154313"]
Sfortunatamente (perdiamo) questo sembra vero - sono stato un po 'un loro fan ma ci penserò molto duramente quando acquisterò una scheda madre dopo questo. Questa particolare scheda madre ha avuto più problemi di BIOS rispetto a tutti quelli che ho avuto dai tempi di ABIT. Forse è per questo che sono usciti con un Dark Hero più robusto, ma non sono sicuro di voler giocare d'azzardo né dare loro più dei miei soldi come premio.
[/CITAZIONE]

I doubt that on a new card just released you have stability I would be more inclined to keep the one I have and take the new one when the consensus on stability will be many ..

Still no guarantee it will work at 3600MHz. Its part of the silicon lottery. If you are unlucky the integrated memory controller is not stable at 3600MHz with four dual rank sticks.

For someone which is asking for help you're quite stubborn. Please test it with just two dimm's installed to see if it is stable at 3600MHz.
i am not stubborn i tested it at 3200 and i had reboots anyway so i came to the conclusion that this ram with these bios is not good the controller is not the reason for the malfunction as i repeat with the 2206 for now no reboot at 3600 mhz why? with the other bios it would have restarted at least 4 times in a day...can you explain this?

Cooling 360EK extreme rad+ 360$EK slim all push, cpu ek suprim Gpu full cover all EK
Storage Silicon power 2TB nvme/8Tb external/1Tb samsung Evo nvme 2Tb sata ssd/1Tb nvme
Audio Device(s) Xfi creative 7.1 on board ,Yamaha dts av setup, corsair void pro headset
Keyboard Roccat Aimo 120
VR HMD Oculus rift
Software Win 10 Pro

I'm not sure yet 1 day and too little to say that it works I have to see the reboot and always lurking in the coming days ... sure that from bios 2311 onwards for me and for many others it was a catastrophe ... moreover in the my case and in many other cases referred to me by a professional assembler with physical shop with these last bios the cpu temperature has risen by almost 5 degrees on similar systems .. with this 2206 I am 34 degrees from the 39 in idle I had with with 3003 and 3101 perhaps these last bios are more suitable for the new more performing processors and not for my 3950x
I'm not saying bios don't make a difference or that it didn't fix you're problems, and sure fault's can be there or excaserbated by your bios but they're not the only thing , for one like any computer it's set up by a human, some determined to push boundaries because a few sticker's said they could.
By the same token others advice though not possibly applicable here Could have been relevant like the many comments about your CPU officially supporting upto 2933 I think, more is not always possible even with two sticks.
Weird though, some have bios issues others not so much I'm on the latest beta bios, just cos.

[QUOTE = "theoneandonlymrk, post: 4424271, member: 82332"]
Non sto dicendo che il bios non fa la differenza o che non ha risolto i tuoi problemi, e sicuramente la colpa può essere presente o essere eliminata dal tuo BIOS ma non sono l'unica cosa, per uno come qualsiasi computer è organizzato da un umano, alcuni determinati a spingersi oltre i limiti perché alcuni sostenitori hanno detto che potevano.
Per lo stesso motivo altri consigli anche se non applicabili qui potrebbero essere stati rilevanti come i molti commenti sulla tua CPU che supporta ufficialmente fino a 2933, penso, di più non è sempre possibile anche con due stick.
Strano però, alcuni hanno problemi di bios altri non tanto io sono sull'ultimo bios beta, solo perché.
[/CITAZIONE]

Non sto dicendo che il bios non fa la differenza o che non ha risolto i tuoi problemi, e sicuramente la colpa può essere presente o essere eliminata dal tuo BIOS ma non sono l'unica cosa, per uno come qualsiasi computer è organizzato da un umano, alcuni determinati a spingersi oltre i limiti perché alcuni sostenitori hanno detto che potevano.
Per lo stesso motivo altri consigli anche se non applicabili qui potrebbero essere stati rilevanti come i molti commenti sulla tua CPU che supporta ufficialmente fino a 2933, penso, di più non è sempre possibile anche con due stick.
Strano però, alcuni hanno problemi di bios altri non tanto io sono sull'ultimo bios beta, solo perché.
[/CITAZIONE]
I am also skeptical that it can work .. but then to have 128 gb stable in your opinion which system should I use ... which motherboard and which processor? then asus assistance in here I am in contact told me to do all the necessary tests because he assured me that it must work ... who to believe?this replied asus: About the problem of the memories, we invite you to inform us if the problem persists even with version 2206. Unfortunately there are no reports about an incompatibility problem of the memories with the bios of the motherboard.they insist that my 128 ram must be able to run at 3600mhz

Last edited:
Keyboard Roccat Aimo 120
VR HMD Oculus rift
Software Win 10 Pro
[/CITAZIONE]

I am also skeptical that it can work .. but then to have 128 gb stable in your opinion which system should I use ... which motherboard and which processor? then asus assistance in here I am in contact told me to do all the necessary tests because he assured me that it must work ... who to believe?this replied asus: About the problem of the memories, we invite you to inform us if the problem persists even with version 2206. Unfortunately there are no reports about an incompatibility problem of the memories with the bios of the motherboard.they insist that my 128 ram must be able to run at 3600mhz
Err?!? I dunno.

System Name Ryzen5900X
Cooling NZXT Kraken X62
[/CITAZIONE]

I am also skeptical that it can work .. but then to have 128 gb stable in your opinion which system should I use ... which motherboard and which processor? then asus assistance in here I am in contact told me to do all the necessary tests because he assured me that it must work ... who to believe?
No motherboard or processor can assure you it will work properly. It is all overclock.

Facts:
  1. 3200MHz is supported with 2 single rank dimms
  2. 3200MHz isn't official supported with 4 dual rank dimms
  3. No proper timing configuration in bios will cause an unstable system
  4. Using DOCP is no guarantee it will work
  5. Memory controller will become quicker unstable with 4 dual rank dimms at very high speeds
So when are you going to the instruction for troubleshooting to see if the memory controller is even stable with just 2 dual rank dimms installed?
Or do you choose to stay stubborn and ignoring the help your are receiving?

[QUOTE = "VuurVOS, post: 4424302, membro: 50657"]
Nessuna scheda madre o processore può assicurarti che funzionerà correttamente. È tutto overclock.

Fatti:
  1. 3200 MHz è supportato con 2 dimmer single rank
  2. 3200MHz non è ufficialmente supportato con 4 dimm dual rank
  3. Nessuna corretta configurazione dei tempi nel BIOS causerà un sistema instabile
  4. L'uso di DOCP non è una garanzia che funzioni
  5. Il controller di memoria diventerà instabile più rapidamente con 4 dimmer dual rank a velocità molto elevate
Quindi, quando vai alle istruzioni per la risoluzione dei problemi per vedere se il controller di memoria è anche stabile con solo 2 dimm dual rank installati?
O scegli di rimanere testardo e ignorare l'aiuto che stai ricevendo?
[/CITAZIONE]

Nessuna scheda madre o processore può assicurarti che funzionerà correttamente. È tutto overclock.

Fatti:
  3. Nessuna corretta configurazione dei tempi nel BIOS causerà un sistema instabile
  5. Il controller di memoria diventerà instabile più rapidamente con 4 dimmer dual rank a velocità molto elevate
Quindi, quando vai alle istruzioni per la risoluzione dei problemi per vedere se il controller di memoria è anche stabile con solo 2 dimm dual rank installati?
[/CITAZIONE]
so i don't have to trust the stubbornness of the asus assistance that keeps telling me it has to work .. i don't know what to say

Keyboard Roccat Aimo 120
VR HMD Oculus rift
Software Win 10 Pro

Fatti:
[/CITAZIONE]

so i don't have to trust the stubbornness of the asus assistance that keeps telling me it has to work .. i don't know what to say
I would suggest that Asus support are absolutely right saying that they're board should support it, how could they know though, by how much you can exceed the warranteed performance of your Processor.
It's a chicken and egg thing they support frequency speeds on every bus way in excess of what any chip can do typically, because some can push a few margins.

System Name Ryzen5900X
Cooling NZXT Kraken X62
I would suggest that Asus support are absolutely right saying that they're board should support it, how could they know though, by how much you can exceed the warranteed performance of your Processor.
It's a chicken and egg thing they support frequency speeds on every bus way in excess of what any chip can do typically, because some can push a few margins.
Gold sample processor vs Brons sample processor. Its the silicon lottery when buying. If you are truely unlucky you can even get a Stone sample processor :rolleyes: It doesnt almost allow you to overclock but still operates within the specification of the processor manufacturer.

It will be ... I have been trying 2206 for two days and zero reboots with 128 gb of ram at 3600mhz .. this is the proof that nothing is taken for granted as some say... Also benefits on temperatures

Attachments

• Cattura.PNG
    Cattura.PNG
    316 KB · Views: 77
Last edited:
System Name Ryzen5900X
Cooling NZXT Kraken X62
It will be ... I have been trying 2206 for two days and zero reboots with 128 gb of ram at 3600mhz .. this is the proof that nothing is taken for granted as some say... Also benefits on temperatures
Did you make a screenshot of the working configuration with zentimings? If some parts are still on auto they can change with every boot and give you an unstable system when you least expected.

Which kind of stress tests do you use to validate your system? Another tip is when you are going to stress test is to use a lower fan speed curve so the cooling is less effective but you know the system is stable when it is summer :laugh:

Did you make a screenshot of the working configuration with zentimings? If some parts are still on auto they can change with every boot and give you an unstable system when you least expected.

Which kind of stress tests do you use to validate your system? Another tip is when you are going to stress test is to use a lower fan speed curve so the cooling is less effective but you know the system is stable when it is summer :laugh:
the weird thing is that it turned off when I was doing idle under stress it never turned off

Here when I had reboots

Great Yarmouth, United Kingdom.{East Anglian Coast
System Name Hells Core.
Processor Ryzen 9 5950x
Motherboard Asus Crosshair hero viii (wifi) x570
Cooling AlphaCool Aurora 420mm
Memory Patriot Viper Gaming RGB Series DDR4 DRAM 4133MHz 32GB Kit
Video Card(s) MSI Gaming X Trio 3070
Storage Sabrent 1TB Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 M.2
Display(s) Acer Predator XB271HU
Case Thermaltake Core X71
Power Supply Corsair RM850 80 plus gold
Software Windows 10
Your Ram must be pretty incompatable or something?
Not only am i running at 3800mhz with 4x8gb im also able to run at 4200mhz with my 5950x. But i prefer the lower timings at 3800mhz 16-16-16-32-42.
My ram is Patriot Viper RGB 4133mhz.

AIDA64 latency test puts me at 58ns to 60ns test always varies.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 58
[QUOTE = "Nitro-Max, post: 4424757, membro: 30141"]
Il tuo Ariete deve essere piuttosto incomprensibile o qualcosa del genere?
Non solo corro a 3800 mhz con 4x8 gb, ma sono anche in grado di funzionare a 4200 mhz con il mio 5950x. Ma preferisco i tempi più bassi a 3800 mhz 16-16-16-32-42.
Il mio ariete è Patriot Viper RGB 4133 mhz.

Il test di latenza AIDA64 mi mette a 58ns a 60ns il test varia sempre.
[/ CITAZIONE]

Keyboard Roccat Aimo 120
VR HMD Oculus rift
Software Win 10 Pro
Your Ram must be pretty incompatable or something?
Not only am i running at 3800mhz with 4x8gb im also able to run at 4200mhz with my 5950x. But i prefer the lower timings at 3800mhz 16-16-16-32-42.
My ram is Patriot Viper RGB 4133mhz.

AIDA64 latency test puts me at 58ns to 60ns test always varies.
Your mileage did vary, plus with a newer generation CPU and a newer integrated memory controller your chip isn't his in any way.
Just because you can doesn't reflect in any way on anyone else setup, your bits are different and the silicon lottery was good to you, well done.

Great Yarmouth, United Kingdom.{East Anglian Coast
System Name Hells Core.
Processor Ryzen 9 5950x
Motherboard Asus Crosshair hero viii (wifi) x570
Cooling AlphaCool Aurora 420mm
Memory Patriot Viper Gaming RGB Series DDR4 DRAM 4133MHz 32GB Kit
Video Card(s) MSI Gaming X Trio 3070
Storage Sabrent 1TB Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 M.2
Display(s) Acer Predator XB271HU
Case Thermaltake Core X71
Power Supply Corsair RM850 80 plus gold
Software Windows 10
I just assumed he was using one of the new chips with this new bios update. my bad. aslong as he has it sorted now?

I was tempted to buy the dark hero (when available) to extend the life of my system without a total upgrade, but I see that the latest bios for that board is 3101 beta, which is the exact same for all the previous hero's (wifi or no). I just don't trust pulling the trigger on $400, when I may or may not run into an incompatibility problem which in turn would force a complete upgrade (CPU $).

I check BIOS page everyday and I saw that the BETA BIOS 3101 has been taken down as of today.

I had updated to the new BIOS before I had installed my new 5900x last week and I kept having overheating CPU issues with the stock fan left over from my previous Ryzen 3 2200G. People had recommended that I turned off CPB and PBO which weren't enough. I also had to fix the clock @3.7GHz with a voltage of 0.9v. That's how I eventually could run CPU-hog games such as Warzone without PC turning off at last.

However now that I have seen the BETA BIOS has been taken down, I started worrying.

I am continuing to use the 2206 with 128 gb of ram at 3600mhz low temperatures and no more reboots for 4 days

I got no hopes of a downgrade right?

Edit: Found a video detailing a procedure through the use of bootable disk and AFUDOS but I am not taking that route. I predict ASUS will be releasing a new one in 2 weeks.

Last edited:
if you have a crosshair hero viii you can return to any bios by inserting the key with the bios you need in the appropriate port where it says bios and hold down the bios button behind the pc .. you have to rename the bios first with the file you will download

if you have a crosshair hero viii you can return to any bios by inserting the key with the bios you need in the appropriate port where it says bios and hold down the bios button behind the pc .. you have to rename the bios first with the file you will download
Oh? So that port works for downgrading as well? Nice to know, thanks.