1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

ASUS Debuts the World's Smallest 2.4GHz Wireless Mouse

Discussion in 'News' started by malware, Apr 3, 2008.

1. malware New Member

Thanks Received:
    ASUS today released the ASUS MS-71 Ultra-Mini Wireless Mouse. Heralded as the world’s smallest 2.4GHz wireless mouse, the MS-71 proves that there is truth in the adage of “Good things come in small packages”. Ideal for use together with small and portable notebooks like the ASUS Eee PC, the MS-71's compact size however, belies its interior, where several key innovations provide total user convenience through exceptional power management for power savings, quick charging and much more.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

World's Smallest 2.4GHz Wireless Mouse
    With dimensions of only 65.8mm (L), 25.1mm (W) and 17.5mm (H), the ASUS MS-71 is often called the “1-finger mouse”, and provides users with a compact pointing solution that is perfect for use together with small notebook computers like the Eee PC. Providing 800 dpi of resolution, it is able to provide sharp and responsive tracking for precise cursor movements; while the 2.4GHz RF receiver provides users with wireless capabilities of more than 30m.

Exclusive Power Management for 75% Energy Savings
    The MS-71 is also equipped with intelligent power management capabilities, and when left idle is able to automatically enter a power saving mode – providing up to 75% power savings! This helps users conserve energy, reducing energy costs and helping to save the environment at the same time.

User Convenient Features
    With a whole range of extra features, the MS-71 is extraordinarily easy and convenient to use. With just 3 minutes of quick charging time, users can enjoy up to 1 day’s worth of operating usage time! What’s more, with an embedded protective IC for extensive overcharging voltage protection, users can rest easy that the MS-71 will never run the risk of overcharging; while the detachable USB receiver dongle with quick-charging dock provides easy portability and great convenience for charging on the go.

Specifications

[​IMG]

Source: ASUS

10 Year Member at TPU
  2. xvi

xvi

Thanks Received:
    I suppose it's interesting to see these things, but who could seriously use this thing for more than five minutes without getting a hand cramp?

I'm not completely up to date on Greenpeace protests, but I don't think the power consumption of a wireless mouse is on their radar.
    Speaking of power, how long does a charge last?

Overall, this mouse seems pretty impractical. If this isn't cheap, I don't see very many people buying it. Novelty item anyone?

Edit: I suppose you could grab a USB Flash Drive and pretend it's that mouse. That should give you a pretty good idea of how this mouse would work out.

10 Year Member at TPU Crunching for Team TPU
  3. Bundy

Bundy

Thanks Received:
    When I travel (lots), I use a lenovo x60 that only has trackpoint:(. It's fairly hard to fit a laptop, a beer and a mouse on an airline table so to date, the mouse stays home. I'm certainly interested in trying this lil mouse for practicality reasons.

4. PVTCaboose1337

PVTCaboose1337 Graphical Hacker

Thanks Received:
    Thats a pretty cool idea... just looks a little fail.

10 Year Member at TPU
  5. Sasqui

Sasqui

Thanks Received:
    Mentos? Looks like a pack of gum and the usb dongle wouldn't allow anything else to fit in the next socket. Pass.

10 Year Member at TPU Crunching for Team TPU
  6. Easy Rhino

Easy Rhino Linux Advocate

Thanks Received:
    where is the mouse in the picture?

10 Year Member at TPU
  7. moto666 Guest

My girlfriend has a very tiny mouse for his laptop too!
    If I use it for five minutes I'm crippling my hand!
    Seriously there is pain there!
    So for what the hell is it good????
    :wtf:

10 Year Member at TPU
  8. Esse

Thanks Received:
    Looking at it you can see pins on both parts of the mouse which would be used for power. So the little attachment is the battery and not the connection.

9. Ehstii New Member

Thanks Received:
    midgets? dwarfs? babies!

10. OnBoard

OnBoard New Member

Thanks Received:
    If it was really a question, the one with the hole in it's end :) The black stripe is the wheel and buttons side by side to it.

That sure is small, but is this new? I've seen this like 6months ago, maybe it was a prototype (or made by someone else).

10 Year Member at TPU
  11. largon

largon

Thanks Received:
    Must be painful to use such a mouse...
    Cramping palms, o-hoy!
    Post reported.

10 Year Member at TPU