• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Asus EAHD3650 - long name,dont make sence..

Andr31

Hey people,i bought new computer about 2 months ago,cheap stuff -
CPU :Amd Athlon x2 4800+ 2.5Ghz
MB : Gigabyte GA-M68SM-S2L
PSU : 400w Codegen(came with case)
VC : Asus Eahd3650(ati radeon hd3650 chip) 256mb,ddr3.
Ram: 1k a-data ddr2 533mhz
PF: 2453 to 4096 - Set now to 3000-4096 telling me to restart,
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Anyway - Problem is -
Ati keeps giving me BSOD!
Dont have much games on computer,but with those what i have : WoW,Stalker SoC,AC - i can play really without errors or bsod's from my graph card is WoW,stalker and AC keep crashing and crashing,doesn't make any sence.

Errors are usually with either my main card driver,or with some else(today was with Ati2cquag.dll)usually with ati2dvag or atidualg,its random.
Code is 0x0000050..
Searched ati's support center,google,found people having problems too,but not really the same one,at one topic i found people telling to buy new PSU,cause the 400w didnt have enough amps/volts to power the card enough at rough times.
My friend told me that he had that problem too,because of insufficient ram and so he bought another gig of ram and hasn't had any problems like that since..

About drivers i can tell,i can put the common text :
''I have reinstalled the drivers hundr3d times - installed omega drivers,original outdated drivers from cd asus gave me,reinstalled windows(that was cause i installed windows with sp3 - witch - my motherboard soundcard did not support,so had to install with sp2,yes a problematic computer,or the brainless thing between display and computer[me])

So,if someone had problem of same kind,and found a solution,either with buying something or just fixing some drivers,:toast:

EDIT: Checked PSU side,says one 12 rail has 10amps,and the second 14.

Last edited:
System Name Addison Clark
Processor Ryzen 9 7950x3D delid
Motherboard Asus X670E Hero
Cooling Custom Bykski loop CPU, GPU, 2x 360 rads, and 1x 280 rad with Arctic P12 and P14 ARGB fans
Memory G.Skill DDR5-6000 64GB CL30
Video Card(s) Gigabyte 4090 Aorus Master
Storage Kingston Fury 2TB and 4TB NVME
Display(s) Samsung 57"
Case Lian Li O11 mini
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Thermaltake 1000w SFX-L
Mouse Corsair Dark Core RGB SE
Keyboard Corsair K95 Platnium
Software Win 11 Pro
If your PSU is only stating 24AMPS on 2 12v rails then more than likely that is your problem. Some good ones to look at would be these:

If your not looking to upgrade any further then the 550-620W are great
550W http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139004
620W http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139005

If your going to upgrade or Overclocking your system these are your best choice for the money
750W http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139006
1000W http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139007

Out of them all I think the 750W is the best bang for the buck(I hope it doesn't go bang on you).

Please fill in your system specs so we all can help you out further!!

System Name Addison Clark
Processor Ryzen 9 7950x3D delid
Motherboard Asus X670E Hero
Cooling Custom Bykski loop CPU, GPU, 2x 360 rads, and 1x 280 rad with Arctic P12 and P14 ARGB fans
Memory G.Skill DDR5-6000 64GB CL30
Video Card(s) Gigabyte 4090 Aorus Master
Storage Kingston Fury 2TB and 4TB NVME
Display(s) Samsung 57"
Case Lian Li O11 mini
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Thermaltake 1000w SFX-L
Mouse Corsair Dark Core RGB SE
Keyboard Corsair K95 Platnium
Software Win 11 Pro
I'm sorry, I thought it said 3850. :shadedshu Did you have a previous video card in your system or used onboard graphics? If yes then I would recommend you read this to clean all display drivers and reinstall, http://forums.techpowerup.com/showthread.php?t=51219. Check your add/remove programs list for Nvidia or whatever display drivers you were using before and uninstall them as well.

Andr31

Hmmmm.... I did a clean install,uninstalled all in safe mode,then used 3dguru driversweeper to do the cleaning job for me,but still got errors,last error what i got had a name atkdisp.dll or something,so i just googled for it,and found that its related to asus gamerOsd and Splendid applications,i just disabled the applications,and have played AC for an hour without any crash(altough at one spot picture freeze for some seconds,i tought again crash,but yee! nope :)..) So,maybe it was just lucky case,but ill try to play it and stalker longer tonight,so if no crash,i've kinda saved myself from buying a new Ram,what i've planned to buy anyway :D

Kenkickr,tough the last reply really did some,i discussed this matter with my friend while smoking just couple hours ago and he said exactly the same thing,so,if i didn't go smoking then i would have read your reply and it would help me alot too,thanks,cheers ftm.dont know will it stop crashing or not...yet.. :)