• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Asus Mining RX470 to Gaming is that possible?

IFlow

Good afternoon! I have a question, can this card be made (remake) for gaming? Maybe someone has done it and can you suggest a solution? I have Asus (mining-rx470-4gb-led) with Elpida chips .
I tried to flash a couple of bios, but then the fans didn't turn on. And I was scared and quickly role back to stock version.

SuperShermanTanker

This should help:
The bios of the GPU also controls the fan curve and ALOT of new GPUs have a 0 RPM mode, I have a old RX570 that was used for mining and the fans don't turn on unless the card is under load like running a game.

IFlow

I tried, but there is probably another problem with the card, because when trying to play, the GPU load jumped a lot from 30-80-90-39... at low settings. I don't know what to do.

Or mby try flashing the bios from the 5 series? (570/580)

SuperShermanTanker

EXTREME very late reply but check the temps the fans don't turn on till a certain temp running a game on low the card may not be heating up enough and don't worry the card should work long enough even with no fans running to test it quick and then shut it down to let it cool down