1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Asus P5E Deluxe, is it any good?

Discussion in 'Motherboards & Memory' started by Kofoed, Apr 2, 2009.

1. Kofoed

Thanks Received:
    I guess the Title describes almost everything.
    However to make sure, have anybody tryed the Asus P5E Deluxe, is it a good gamer board?
    Worth the money?
    Easy to use and just so good as the describes on the site says it is?

2. DrPepper

DrPepper The Doctor is in the house

Thanks Received:
    P5E deluxe is a good board and very easy to use. It can do crossfire with two ati cards and can overclock quite well.

3. technicks

technicks

Thanks Received:
    Yeah, very nice board. Peel of the sticker then you will have a Maximus Formula and flash it with any P5E, Maximus Formula, Rampage Formula bios and you will have a very nice board.

10 Year Member at TPU
  4. technicks

technicks

Thanks Received:
    I have the Maximus Formula which is basically the same board only it has more options on the board.
    It's very nice. Awesome overclocking board and of course good for gaming.

10 Year Member at TPU
  5. Kofoed

Thanks Received:
    So this card is good for gaming? aswell i have been looking alittle and the Rampage formula, i see it have a few more tweaking and overclock things, but im really not much into that :)
    The only things i think is cool is the LCD volt thing, and CPU level up, is these two things worth the moeny more for the rampage?
    Overall, what you do recommend for me if im not about overclock very high, only alittle bit of easy testing. :p

6. LittleLizard

LittleLizard

Thanks Received:
    remember this: if is asus and says "deluxe" in the model is good and is for gamers.

the rampage formula is more designed for oc but the deluxe oc very well also. either decission will be ok, but for the price go for the p5e deluxe.

in fact they are almost the same board

7. Kofoed

Thanks Received:
    Hi, well, i got the:
    P5E Deluxe, and it works good, however i heard that the bios could be updated to the rampage formula, that will give me some better thing, im just doing alittle OC, not very much. I only want good fps and stability.
    So, will it matter if i upgraded to another bios? Right now it running pretty stable, only having alittle problem when saving new things in the bios, it closes wrong and i have to reset the bios, and than change everything in the first boot.
    But everything else runs very stable.

Last edited: May 12, 2009