• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Asus P5N32-SLI Deluxe PSU problem

DualCore Tycoon

Hi!

Trying to power up my Asus P5N32-SLI Deluxe. but bumped into problems already.
I got a Thermaltake Purepower 520W Power Station, and the problem is that the
mobo requires a 8-pin power connector, but the 5,25 powerstation also need that
one for power. Anyone know if it's possible to use the PSU with the ASUS mobo?

:cry:

newmodder

System Name Gamer
Processor amd phenom quad core 9950 black edition
Motherboard msi ms-7309
Cooling 120mm front,120mm rear
Memory 2gigs ddr2 800
Video Card(s) BFG gtx 260 maxcore
Storage wd 160gig sata2 hd
Display(s) LG 20in widescreen
Case USP 100
Audio Device(s) onboard Logitech x-530 5.1 spkrs
Power Supply Antec Neo 550watt
Software windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
phone asus tech help

i tried to find on the internet about that but had no luck.this is the first time i have heard of 2 12v plugs for the cpu.have you tried it with just the one?

100vaselina

I´ve the same problems!

Hi, my M.B. is one P5N32-SLI Deluxe, with an adaptor 4pin-8pin (12v)...but no video signal!! My PSU is 550w....and all other components were tested in another M.B....and working! But...when I turn the basic configurations on (M.B. + processor + memory + video)....no video signal!!! Can you help-me??

titanmk

i too have the same problem as you '100vaselina' mines a P5N32-SLI Premium with core Duo cpu, 2 GB ram, silverstone 650w Powersupply and 8800gtx and it doesnt even boot up!
when you turn it on the fans come on and the lights turn on but the monitor say 'no video signal'.
ive tried pulling the ram module out and shifting it to different slots and also change the 8800 gtx to a 6600LE and i still got the same problem.

titanmk

hey '100vaselina' ive been hunting around on internet and forums about the problem were having with ithe P5N32-SLI motherboard appearently the board doesnt like certain ram types in my case and a few others that ive seen in the forums this motherboard doesnt like Corsair xms ddr2 675Mhz ram very much and produces the problems that we had.
how they figured out it was the ram is they put in a different brand of ram and the motherboard booted up perfectly, then they put the xms ram back in and it didnt work anymore.

Holo

Hello guys, I have a P5N32-SLI SE Deluxe (very similiar) and I'm running a Pentium 4 631, 1 GB XMS2 800mhz and I was getting no signal as well. Check to see if your motherboard LED is solid or flashing (its a green LED near the Expansion slots on mine) If it's flashing that means you're not getting proper 5v from your PSU and that is probably the cause. If solid, you'll need to look elsewhere for the culprit. I was using an Antec TruePower Trio 650w and I thought that this would be more then enough for what I was using, but found out that this mobo has issues with power... And I upgraded to an OCZ GameXstream 700w and it works perfect now... The LED is always solid. A 4pin to 8pin adapter should work, But from what I hear, you don't need the 8-pin unless you're using dual cores...

Let me know if you're getting a solid LED and what CPU you are using.

PS: Asus tech help is crap and tech guys do not even browse the forums. However, the ASUS forums are still a great help.

http://vip.asus.com/forum/topic.aspx?board_id=1&model=P5N32-SLI Deluxe&SLanguage=en-us

Above is a link to the P5N32-SLI section. Post there and I'm sure you'll get some help. (Hopefully Sodapop or Stoneball will reply)

Try updating your bios, if possible. I forgot the link, but you can get an already updated bios chip and they're pretty easy to swap out on this particular motherboard, and they can overnight it pretty cheap and you can send yours in and have it updated to the latest bios... Ask on the ASUS forums for the link, StoneBall should have the link, as he referred it to me. (These guys are regulars)

Last edited:
System Name Lian Li Carbon fiber ed.
Processor Intel i5 2500k 4.6Ghz 24/7 Max OC 5Ghz
Motherboard Asrock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3
Cooling Swiftech blocks, 360 Xflow rad, Swiftech 120 rad, Liang with XSPC res/pump top.
Memory 8Gb Mushkin 1600Mhz 8-9-8-24
Video Card(s) Sapphire HD6950 2Gb
Storage OCZ Vertex 4 128 / Western Digital 160
Display(s) ASUS 25,5" wide VW266h
Power Supply Corsair HX620 modular
Software Windows 7 64
Hi there.

I have the Asus A8R32-MVP Deluxe with a Hiper type-r 580w psu. And my light is always solid green.:)

Das Squid

Hi, I'm also having some problems with this motherboard...

I've got a P5N32-SLI SE Deluxe
E6400 Intel C2D
1GB Kingston DDR2 Ram
650w Antec Power supply
and X1900 XTX Graphics card

Everything is assembled correctly, When I turn it on, it powers on for half a second, then powers itself off again, everytime I change the hardware around, it powers on for about one or two seconds before turning itself off, I can't get to BIOS... Funny thing is, when I pull out the VCORE 4pin (or 8pin I've tried both) It stays on indefinitely, however without power getting to the CPU then obviously nothing happens, I'm praying it isn't a problem with the motherboard, as it's the one component I can't replace easily... Though with the problems seen in this thread, and others over the net, I'm guessing this is a common problem, I'm hoping with a common solution...

Thanks

Last edited:

Das Squid

Update: If this happens to your motherboard, It's dead. Deader than corduroy. Replaced mobo... everything works... Now I just need to get another highish end mobo... -=sob=-