1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Asus P7P55 glory (updates)

Discussion in 'Motherboards & Memory' started by erixx, Jun 22, 2010.

1. erixx

erixx

Thanks Received:
    Pro, Luxe, etc. users:

There are new BIOS and new AI-Suite and TurboV versions available.

Although I do not dare to install the VIA sound drivers (long ago updated) and I am still using Windows 7 default audio drivers, apart from that, ASUS has been updating its stuff regulary and it rocks... With the latest 17 bios it is so much easier to get above 4 GHZ :)

:rockout:

2. erixx

erixx

Thanks Received:
    CAn you believe this:? I just updated all that shit and used the (moderate) autotuning feature of the BIOS (I already was at 4Ghz) to find the best OC.

LOL

It got to 4336 Mhz for my i5 CPU. I started playing Bad Company 2 and it did not crash... as it did a 4000 Mhz... hahahahahahahaha... Go testing guys, you never know what you'll find!!!!

3. Hockster

Hockster

Thanks Received:
    The Via drivers for my P7P55D Deluxe work quite well. Much better than any Creative crap by miles.

4. erixx

erixx

Thanks Received:
    Thank you. As I rarely touch anything sound related, I find the VIA drivers too confusing and time consuming.... but for sure I dont regret leaving Destructive behind! :)