• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

ASUS P8P67 users, I need a hand.

System Name Iam-a-computah
Processor i9 9900k @5 Ghz
Motherboard Gigabyte Auros z390x
Cooling Custom water loop, x2 280 radiators
Memory 16gb Corsair Dominator
Video Card(s) MSI 1080 TI FE 11gb WC
Storage SSD: 256gb Samsung 840pro & HHD: WD black 2T
Display(s) LG 34" UW screen
Case EVGA DG-86
Audio Device(s) Creative x-FI
Power Supply EVGA super NOVA 1300wtt
Keyboard G710
Software W 10
I recently bought an ASUS P8P67 DELUXE motherboard, which is my first ASUS MB ever. Apart from all the great reviews this board has, Im having a hell of a time with it.

The mb seemed fine at first, but I started noticing unusual behavior when I turned off the thing in mid BIOS boot because it will not turn back on unless I disconnected the power. I have done this in many boards and they will turn back on just fine. But I dont do this often so it did not bothered me.

Now the real problem is that I turned off my PC via windows, and now it wont turn back on. It quickly powers on and shuts off, I tried trouble shooting by:

• Disconnection everything, and used the MB out side of the case with only 1 stick of ram and one GFX card = same problem
  • Tried different slots of RAM = same problem
  • Back to 1 stick of RAM, but with no GFX card = same problem
  • Reseated CPU = same problem
  • Cleared CMOS = Worked! but once I save the same problem happens
  • Cleared CMOS again, with all of the hardware connected = Worked! but problem came back after saving BIOS>reset
  • Same as above, plus a little OC = Worked! but problem occurs after save>reset.

Now I dont know if this common or my mb is just bad. Please guys helped me out here, Im so mad that I finally get my system going but now Im getting weird problems that I never experienced before.

System Name Junkamatic
Processor i7
Motherboard Z77
Cooling Thermaltake
Memory Corsair
Video Card(s) Evga GTX770
Storage 4 Seagate Satas
Display(s) VW266H
Case Lian-Li A77B
Audio Device(s) on-board
Power Supply Corsair HX1000w
Software W7
I would RMA that board as soon as possible.

Make sure all your other components are compatible with P67.

System Name Iam-a-computah
Processor i9 9900k @5 Ghz
Motherboard Gigabyte Auros z390x
Cooling Custom water loop, x2 280 radiators
Memory 16gb Corsair Dominator
Video Card(s) MSI 1080 TI FE 11gb WC
Storage SSD: 256gb Samsung 840pro & HHD: WD black 2T
Display(s) LG 34" UW screen
Case EVGA DG-86
Audio Device(s) Creative x-FI
Power Supply EVGA super NOVA 1300wtt
Keyboard G710
Software W 10
I would RMA that board as soon as possible.

Make sure all your other components are compatible with P67.

Done:rolleyes:, I did extensive research on this error, and it appears to be quiet common among P8p67 users. Its called the "cold boot error" which is the board's fault from not providing enough voltage to the RAM modules during the boot up process. There are work arounds for it but they only work 80% of the time.

Not all P8P67 user get it, but there's a large number of them that do, so it appears as a bad batch of MBs. Instead of putting up with the headache of having a unstable board I would suggest to return it or exchange it, which I did with mine.

Now Im waiting for an Asrock p67 Fatality :D