• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

ASUS problems...

SANE

One of my friends wanted to build a new computer but he didnt know how, so he asked for some help. Another friend of mine agreed to help him and they desided to build a PC with these specs;

AMD Athlon 64 3200+ (Newcastle Socket 754)------>They wouldnt listen to me about getting the Venice core and the 939 socket....lol.

1 gig RAM (I didnt pay too much attention to the brand and timings)

ASUS K8N-E Deluxe AI Series MB

ATI Radeon 9800Pro

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now here comes the problem.....

When trying to set up a HD on this system, a blue screen comes up with some kind of error message and we cannot get past it.

I checked to make sure everything was connected and that the bios was recognizing the HD.

I even put the HD in another computer and installed WindowsXP, so I know the HD is good.

Anyone have any idea why his system will not load windows due to a blue screen error?

Please help.

Processor AMD 5800x
Motherboard ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero
Cooling Custom Water Loop
Memory 32GB G.Skill Trident Z neo
Video Card(s) Sapphire Vega 64
Storage Sabrent Rocket 4 NVMEs / SSDs
Display(s) 27" AOC AG271QX
Case Phanteks Enthoo Evolve
Audio Device(s) SoundBlaster AE-7
Power Supply EVGA SuperNova 750
Software Windows 10
What is the error? I know that when I set up my friends computer that has an Asus board, I had to make a disk that had all of the of the sata and raid controlers on it. The when you go to install windows you press F6 I belive...it tells you anyway. Then it will load the stuff from the floppy and set up the HDD for you. When do you get the message, at what point of setup?

-Dan

System Name Dell XPS 15 9560
Processor I7-7700HQ
Memory 32GB DDR4
Video Card(s) GTX 1050/1080 Ti
Storage 1TB SSD
Display(s) 2x Dell P2715Q/4k Internal
Case Razer Core
Audio Device(s) Creative E5/Objective 2 Amp/Senn HD650
Mouse Logitech Proteus Core
Keyboard Logitech G910
what PSU? Sounds like a PSU problem. Also run memtes86 to make sure the ram isnt crapping out.

Phelllip

Processor S478 P4 3.0E@3450mhz
Motherboard Asus P4P800
Cooling Scythe Ninja 1000, custom chipset cooler
Memory 2x512 Dual Channel OCZ Premier Series @460mhz
Video Card(s) Asus 6600GT agp
Storage Seagate Barracuda 160gb S-ATA
Display(s) CRT flat 17''
Case X-Blade+mods
Audio Device(s) SB X-Fi Xtreme Music
Power Supply OCZ Modstream 450W
Software WinXp Sp2
is this a new system? if not, is this HD master or slave? if yes, are you getting the blue screen when trying to install Windows XP? if its when your trying to install windows, it's because you need Sata drivers that can be found on the Asus mobo's CD....put the driver on a floppy disk and press F6 when you get the blue screen (like djbbenn said)