I am new to litecoin mining. I got my new 290X today and the first time I run it with cgminer 3.7.2 I get about 600 Kh/s on 20 intensity. WTF? I should be getting 850-900 with this card. So I found this thread (please read) : http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/answers/id-1992780/asus-290x-directcu-hash-rate.html (That last answer is mine after thinking I got it the first time) I used Stingray454's settings and underclocked the GPU clock at 920 with 1500 memclock by changing the values while mining because my system hanged for some reason when I added the clock settings to the config file. Hashrate went up to 860 that first time. So I thought this worked. But when I tried to do it again the hashrate didn't increase although the clock values changed. Since then my 290X is mining at 465 Kh/s and I can't make it increase no matter what settings I change. It only decreases even more when I lower the intensity or clocks now. I don't know what's happening or what I did to cause this. It's stuck there and won't increase. UPDATE: Somehow I did it again once. I now know when it's going to work and when not. If I start it and it goes with stock clocks to 600 Kh/s then the trick with lowering the engine and increasing the memclock works. If not and it peaks at 465 then lowering the clocks results in even less hashrate. But it seems to be totally random if it will reach 465 or 600. One moment it works then after a reboot it doesn't without changing any settings.