1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

ASUS RMA - Finally pulls through.

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by thebeephaha, Mar 6, 2009.

1. thebeephaha

thebeephaha

Thanks Received:
    So over the course of the last year I have gone through like 6 Striker Extremes, just a whole lot of back and forth to RMA... About $100 some in shipping costs and a lot of stress and waisted time later I finally got fed up and bought a new P5N-T Deluxe and it has been smooth sailing ever since.

I still had two dead Strikers, even after RMA's I kept getting highly unstable or DOA boards. Which sucks because when I had a good one it would work like a dream for a few months then explode.

Anyways, after a ton of phone calls and several supervisors later I got them to replace my two dead Striker Extremes in my possession with two new Striker II Formulas.

Talk about upgrade... I guess it was worth all the hassle in the end because I can sell these on Ebay and actually make more money back than I'd spent on the old Strikers and shipping costs.

Just wish they had done it sooner!

10 Year Member at TPU
  2. kiriakost

kiriakost New Member

Thanks Received:
    If some one buys this boards from you , he will not have any warranty .

Just tell them so ... (to your ebay customers )

3. crazy pyro

crazy pyro New Member

Thanks Received:
    Lucky guy, maybe sell them here on TPU or are these ones that seem to be cursed also?

4. Ketxxx

Ketxxx Heedless Psychic

Thanks Received:
    Couldnt you send the boards back to the place you bought them from? Guaranteed brand new board as replacement, assuming you make sure the board you send back is absolutely dead, giving them no excuses.

10 Year Member at TPU
  5. thebeephaha

thebeephaha

Thanks Received:
    I guess though this has not been my experience. ASUS never asks for receipts of purchase or name ownership. I RMA friends boards under my own name all the time.

However, the warranty period is only as long as what is remaining from the original board purchased.

These are the new 780i vs the old 680i and are of a completely different design.

I may just sell them here but I would get more on ebay.

Sadly one was purchased on hardforum, it actually was fine for over 6 months before it died. The other was from my other workstation, it has been back and forth several times now but far out of return/exchange from the store I got it from.

10 Year Member at TPU
  6. jagass New Member

Thanks Received:
    Thanks for this info...

thebeephaha says thanks.
  7. dnottis New Member

Thanks Received:
    dunno if I had that many issues with one brand that Id ever buy from them again

10 Year Member at TPU
  8. Mussels

Mussels Moderprator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    680i and 780i chipsets are well known to be troublesome, and the striker extreme definately has a poor reputation for reliability.

10 Year Member at TPU
  9. thebeephaha

thebeephaha

Thanks Received:
    My current 780, my P5N-T Deluxe has been a dream with the latest BIOS. Makes my old Striker look like a toy.

The new Striker II Forumulas I am getting get about the same reviews as the P5N-T seeing as they are almost the same motherboard.

The thing about the old Striker Extreme was, at the time, it was the only board that fit my needs and OC'd well. When I got it the EVGA 680's still couldn't OC quads worth anything and I needed as many PCI-E slots as I could get.

Not so much the brand but more of the particular model.

My point was though that they did take the time to help me out.

10 Year Member at TPU
  10. iStink

iStink New Member

Thanks Received:
    dude! This sounds exactly like what i went through with my p5w dh deluxe. They sent me a board that would work for a few weeks or months, then stop working!

I'm getting ready to just trash this latest one. I'm fed up with asus rma.

11. thebeephaha

thebeephaha

Thanks Received:
    Lol just keep asking for a supervisor. Or PM me and I can give you names of helpful people.

10 Year Member at TPU