• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

ASUS ROG Announces Collaboration with DJ Alan Walker for Exclusive Zephyrus Variant

btarunr

Editor & Senior Moderator
Staff member
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 2700X
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B450-E Gaming
Cooling AMD Wraith Prism
Memory 2x 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3000
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GameRock
Storage Western Digital Black NVMe 512GB
Display(s) BenQ 1440p 60 Hz 27-inch
Case Corsair Carbide 100R
Audio Device(s) Creative Sound Blaster Recon3D PCIe
Power Supply Cooler Master MWE Gold 650W
Mouse ASUS ROG Strix Impact
Keyboard Microsoft Sidewinder X4
Software Windows 10 Pro
ASUS Republic of Gamers (ROG) today announced a new collaboration with acclaimed DJ and music producer Alan Walker to create gaming content, tech and other experiences that will help elevate and bring gaming to a wider audience.

Over the years, the gaming audience has expanded to include not only esports athletes and enthusiasts, but also a diverse audience of creators. ASUS ROG is committed to staying at the forefront of gaming technology by innovating products that empower these next-gen gamers in fulfilling their creative vision. As a self-made entrepreneur, gamer and music producer, Alan Walker stood out as a quintessential creator with valuable insights into what the next generation needs. His background, skills, and interest in gaming make him an ideal partner for ROG. "I can't wait to begin this journey with Republic of Gamers. Since the beginning of my career, I've wanted to combine and merge the worlds of music, tech and gaming in everything I do. And this is a great opportunity to continue that mission. A big thanks to everyone at ROG for giving me this opportunity!" said Alan Walker.

From his earliest days as a YouTube content creator, to his rise in the music industry, Alan Walker has kept his feet planted in the gaming community. Whether he's producing massive hits with industry stars like Hans Zimmer, A$AP Rocky, and Sabrina Carpenter, or spinning out new videos for YouTubers to enjoy, Walker is committed to bringing gamers into his audience and creating new works that they will love.

Walker has also produced a number of tracks in collaboration with video game studios worldwide. PUBG Corporation called on Walker's talents to create On My Way and Live Fast featuring A$AP Rocky for their PUBG Mobile game. Walker also produced the single, Ghost featuring Au/Ra, for the Death Stranding: Timefall album of Hideo Kojima's 2019 video game, Death Stranding.

Today, he continues to carve out a foothold in the gaming community with this ROG collaboration.

Remixing a classic: Alan Walker's one-of-a-kind ROG Zephyrus G14 laptop
Together, ASUS ROG and Alan Walker are exploring more ways to enhance the lives of content creators and gamers everywhere, starting with Walker himself. To kick off the collaboration, ROG sought to produce a laptop tailored to Walker's needs as a gamer, creator, and musician. For that, one device stood out above the rest: the ROG Zephyrus G14.

As one of the world's most powerful 14-inch gaming laptops currently on the market, the Zephyrus G14 fits the latest generation 8-core 16-thread AMD Ryzen 9 CPU and a robust NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 GPU in a lightweight, ultra-slim chassis measuring under 20mm thin. On a performance level alone, this laptop was ideal for Walker, who games, makes music, and travels frequently for work. What truly sets the Zephyrus G14 apart, however, is its rich set of premium features that elevate the full laptop experience.

In order to work on professional-level creative content, a laptop must offer top notch visuals and sound quality. It's not always feasible to set up an external display or wear headphones, especially while traveling. With the Zephyrus G14, everything necessary for serious work and play is already built in. The device's IPS-level display is Pantone Validated and features Adaptive Sync variable refresh rate technology that makes gaming ultra-smooth.

Sound is clean and rich thanks to a quad speaker design with two tweeters that fire high-frequency sounds toward the user and two woofers that offer deep bass amplified by the ErgoLift design. Each speaker is powered by Dolby Atmos technology that offers immersive virtual surround sound. Plus, the device's one-of-a-kind AniMe Matrix LED display embedded on the laptop lid gives creatives like Walker a new platform to show off their animations, text effects, and audio visualizers that make playing music a uniquely visual experience.

For Alan Walker's exclusive Zephyrus G14, ROG designers took inspiration from his music and signature style to create a new skin with a sleek, white chassis, custom text elements, and custom keyboard. Walker's G14 also includes a custom lighting effect for the AniMe Matrix LED display that combines scrolling text with animated art elements that evoke his music and aesthetic. This unique visual display will be available for all Zephyrus G14 devices later this year.

Future drops in 2020
Starting in August of 2020, ROG and Alan Walker will be releasing videos that give audiences an early look at Walker's new music, future projects with ASUS ROG, and additional behind-the-scenes content for all of his fans.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

System Name Black Box
Processor Intel i5-9600KF
Motherboard NZXT N7 Z370 Black
Cooling Cooler Master 240 RGB AIO / Stock
Memory Thermaltake Toughram 16GB 4400MHz DDR4 or Gigabyte 16GB 3600MHz DDR4 or Adata 8GB 2133Mhz DDR4
Video Card(s) Asus Dual 1060 6GB
Storage Kingston A2000 512Gb NVME
Display(s) AOC 24" Freesync 1m.s. 75Hz
Case Corsair 450D High Air Flow.
Audio Device(s) No need.
Power Supply FSP Aurum 650W
Mouse Yes
Keyboard Of course
Software W10 Pro 64 bit
Never heard of him, I hope that his name on the cover is a sticker we can remove!

Processor AMD Ryzen 3700x
Motherboard asus ROG Strix B-350I Gaming
Cooling cooler master masterliquid 240
Memory Gskill Aegis 2x 8GB DDR4
Video Card(s) zotac amp GTX 1660 super
Storage WD sn550 1To/WD ssd sata 1To /Samsung 960 evo 256 Gb/Seagate 2To/WD book 4 To back-up
Display(s) LG 25UM58
Case Ncase M1
Audio Device(s) sennheiser HD58X
Power Supply bequiet SFX L power 500w
Mouse Logitech M590
Keyboard Master Key Mx
Software win 10 pro
Never heard of him, I hope that his name on the cover is a sticker we can remove!
If you don't like him you can just get the regular zephyrus G14. It's like buying a Fc Barcelone jersey with Messi name's on it, and then deciding to rip it off instead of just buying a cheaper vanilla jersey. Special edition are always more costly than a regular product, so buying those when you don't care about what that special edition is about isn't wise.

System Name Black Box
Processor Intel i5-9600KF
Motherboard NZXT N7 Z370 Black
Cooling Cooler Master 240 RGB AIO / Stock
Memory Thermaltake Toughram 16GB 4400MHz DDR4 or Gigabyte 16GB 3600MHz DDR4 or Adata 8GB 2133Mhz DDR4
Video Card(s) Asus Dual 1060 6GB
Storage Kingston A2000 512Gb NVME
Display(s) AOC 24" Freesync 1m.s. 75Hz
Case Corsair 450D High Air Flow.
Audio Device(s) No need.
Power Supply FSP Aurum 650W
Mouse Yes
Keyboard Of course
Software W10 Pro 64 bit
If you don't like him you can just get the regular zephyrus G14. It's like buying a Fc Barcelone jersey with Messi name's on it, and then deciding to rip it off instead of just buying a cheaper vanilla jersey. Special edition are always more costly than a regular product, so buying those when you don't care about what that special edition is about isn't wise.
Nah, white chassis, custom keyboard, lighting etc is all good, it's just the gaudy name on the cover that needs to go.

Processor AMD Ryzen 3700x
Motherboard asus ROG Strix B-350I Gaming
Cooling cooler master masterliquid 240
Memory Gskill Aegis 2x 8GB DDR4
Video Card(s) zotac amp GTX 1660 super
Storage WD sn550 1To/WD ssd sata 1To /Samsung 960 evo 256 Gb/Seagate 2To/WD book 4 To back-up
Display(s) LG 25UM58
Case Ncase M1
Audio Device(s) sennheiser HD58X
Power Supply bequiet SFX L power 500w
Mouse Logitech M590
Keyboard Master Key Mx
Software win 10 pro
Nah, white chassis, custom keyboard, lighting etc is all good, it's just the gaudy name on the cover that needs to go.
From the look of it it's not a sticker, but a piece of cloth:
1593529809456.png

His name is literally everywhere, look at the space bar :
1593529847025.png

1593529892758.png

Imho, the classic white zephirus looks better :
1593530230037.png

Last edited:
System Name Ghetto Rigs x299 and z490 is in x99 case
Processor 9940x with optimus sigV2 & 10900k with optimus foundation
Motherboard X299 Rampage VI Apex & z490 ROG Maximus XII Apex
Cooling D5 combo/280 GTX/ VRM water block copper/280 GTX/ D5 Top/Optimus sigV2/TitanXp/Mora 360x2
Memory Trident-Z 3600C16 4x8gb & Trident-Z 3600c16 2x8gb
Video Card(s) Titan Xp & 1080ti ftw3 need a third gpu 30 series come on
Storage 970 evo plus 500gb & 970 evo 500gb many 2.5" ssd's and regular hdd's
Display(s) 1-AOC G2460PG 24"G-Sync 144Hz/ 2nd 1-ASUS VG248QE 24"
Case D450 second floor for 2nd rad x2
Audio Device(s) Built in Realtek x2
Power Supply evga 1200P2 & 1000P2
Mouse Redragon Perdition x3
Keyboard G910 & G710+x2
Software Win-7 pro and win-10 pro x2
Benchmark Scores Refer to OC.Net and tenforums.com x3
Hi,
I wouldn't buy something like this but I guess if I was allen walker it makes more sense to have :)

System Name Best AMD Computer
Processor AMD TR4 1920X
Motherboard MSI X399 SLI Plus
Cooling Alphacool Eisbaer 420 x2 Noctua XPX Pro TR4 block
Memory Gskill RIpjaws 4 3000MHZ 48GB
Video Card(s) Sapphire Vega 64 Nitro, Gigabyte Vega 64 Gaming OC
Storage 6 x NVME 480 GB, 2 x SSD 2TB, 5TB HDD, 2 TB HDD, 2x 2TB SSHD
Display(s) Acer 49BQ0k 4K monitor
Case Thermaltake Core X9
Audio Device(s) Corsair Void Pro, Logitch Z523 5.1
Power Supply Corsair HX1200!
Mouse Logitech g7 gaming mouse
Keyboard Logitech G510
Software Windows 10 Pro 64 Steam. GOG, Uplay, Origin
Benchmark Scores Firestrike: 24955 Time Spy: 13500
Another excuse for Asus to hose buyers with a non performance upgrade for a premium.