• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

ASUS ROG FORUMS ARE NOT CURRENTLY SAFE

System Name The FlaMING Flogger
Processor Devil's Canyon i7 4790k @ 4.7
Motherboard Asus Maximus VII Ranger
Cooling Corsair H100i (CPU) Kraken G10 with Corsair H55 (GPU)
Memory 16 GB G Skill Trident 2400
Video Card(s) Galaxy GTX 970 Reference running at 1500MHz Core / 1950MHz memory
Storage OCZ 248 GB SSD X 2 in RAID 0
Case NZXT H440 Red / Black
Audio Device(s) Supreme FX On board
Power Supply OCZ-ZT 650W Bronze Rating
Software Windows 8.1 Pro
Hi guys,

Just a heads up,

Marshall@ Asus is currently looking into virus problems at the Asus Rog Forums.

Google Chrome has flagged the site unsafe and i had a read through the statistics of the website.

"
What happened when Google visited this site?

Of the 264 pages we tested on the site over the past 90 days, 32 page(s) resulted in malicious software being downloaded and installed without user consent. The last time Google visited this site was on 2014-08-23, and the last time suspicious content was found on this site was on 2014-08-23.
Malicious software includes 64 exploit(s), 32 trojan(s). Successful infection resulted in an average of 8 new process(es) on the target machine.

Malicious software is hosted on 3 domain(s), including alzeborert.com/, obuwiemedyczne.home.pl/, myfirepow.com/.

1 domain(s) appear to be functioning as intermediaries for distributing malware to visitors of this site, including alzeborert.com/.

This site was hosted on 11 network(s) including AS701 (UUNET), AS20940 (AKAMAI-ASN1), AS7922 (COMCAST-7922).

Has this site acted as an intermediary resulting in further distribution of malware?

Over the past 90 days, rog.asus.com appeared to function as an intermediary for the infection of 5 site(s) including asusrog.com/, hexus.net/, outpost.be/."

cadaveca

My name is Dave
When have they ever been safe? ROFL. Nothing new to me, ASUS forum reps insist it's images or ads causing the issue. I just choose to stay away.

System Name The FlaMING Flogger
Processor Devil's Canyon i7 4790k @ 4.7
Motherboard Asus Maximus VII Ranger
Cooling Corsair H100i (CPU) Kraken G10 with Corsair H55 (GPU)
Memory 16 GB G Skill Trident 2400
Video Card(s) Galaxy GTX 970 Reference running at 1500MHz Core / 1950MHz memory
Storage OCZ 248 GB SSD X 2 in RAID 0
Case NZXT H440 Red / Black
Audio Device(s) Supreme FX On board
Power Supply OCZ-ZT 650W Bronze Rating
Software Windows 8.1 Pro
When have they ever been safe? ROFL. Nothing new to me, ASUS forum reps insist it's images or ads causing the issue. I just choose to stay away.

Oh Dear !

Well, thanks for the heads-up cadaveca. I wasn't aware their forums had that sort of reputation ! I'll tread warily. I'm using BitDefender Total Security so things should be fairly safe for me. I don't click on any user-posted links or anything.

P.S.

Looking forward to some reviews on the new DDR4 ram.

Have a great day.

rtwjunkie

PC Gaming Enthusiast
Supporter
Louisiana -Laissez les bons temps rouler!
System Name Bayou Phantom
Processor Core i7-8700k 4.4Ghz @ 1.18v
Motherboard ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 6
Cooling All air: 2x140mm Fractal exhaust; 3x 140mm Cougar Intake; Enermax T40F Black CPU cooler
Memory 2x 16GB Mushkin Redline DDR-4 3200
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX 2080 Ti Xc
Storage 1x 500 MX500 SSD; 2x 6TB WD Black; 1x 4TB WD Black; 1x400GB VelRptr; 1x 4TB WD Blue storage (eSATA)
Display(s) HP 27q 27" IPS @ 2560 x 1440
Case Fractal Design Define R4 Black w/Titanium front -windowed
Audio Device(s) Soundblaster Z
Power Supply Seasonic X-850
Mouse Coolermaster Sentinel III (large palm grip!)
Keyboard Logitech G610 Orion mechanical (Cherry Brown switches)
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (Start10 & Fences 3.0 installed)
I followed a link to their forum for a topic I was looking into, and McAfee SiteAdviser alerted me the site wasnt safe. Decided to listen and not go there.

cadaveca

My name is Dave
Oh Dear !

Well, thanks for the heads-up cadaveca. I wasn't aware their forums had that sort of reputation ! I'll tread warily. I'm using BitDefender Total Security so things should be fairly safe for me. I don't click on any user-posted links or anything.

P.S.

Looking forward to some reviews on the new DDR4 ram.

Have a great day.

Meh as rtwjunie posted, it's a common thing users run into...not sure why/how/whatever... I just know that what many people complain about.

I'll have reviews once the platform is launched, 100% for sure. ;) I see some "previews" have been posted recently at other sites, so I've got a review ready for action when the time comes, and more on the way. ;)