• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Asus ROG G17

BiPolarBear

Hello,

im having problems with my i7 10750h...throttle..i dont know anything about this stuff. After some google research i found out that this is the best forum to get advice and that unclewebb is the expert. Unclewebb cau you help me please? What do i have to do? If you can try to explain as simple as possible, i dont know nothing about technical terms. I just want to run cs go as smooth as possible, i dont care about energy consumption

Attachments

• image_2020-10-25_213817.png
    image_2020-10-25_213817.png
    66.2 KB · Views: 110
System Name Black Box
Processor Intel Xeon E3-1260L v5
Motherboard MSI E3 KRAIT Gaming v5
Cooling Tt tower + 120mm Tt fan
Memory G.Skill 16GB 3600 C18
Video Card(s) Asus GTX 970 Mini
Storage Kingston A2000 512Gb NVME
Display(s) AOC 24" Freesync 1m.s. 75Hz
Case Corsair 450D High Air Flow.
Audio Device(s) No need.
Power Supply FSP Aurum 650W
Mouse Yes
Keyboard Of course
Software W10 Pro 64 bit
FIVR Control shows it is locked, so you cannot undervolt.
Best options are lowering core ratios and making sure the fan/s are clean and dust free, perhaps use a cooling pad underneath with a built in fan.

unclewebb

ThrottleStop & RealTemp Author
What do I have to do?
As @Caring1 mentioned, Asus has locked CPU voltage control. The top of the FIVR window in the middle says FIVR Control Locked. The CPU voltage you entered into ThrottleStop is being ignored by the CPU. The monitoring table shows that all of your voltages are at default values, +0.0000.

Turn on the ThrottleStop Log File option. Go play a game for at least 15 minutes or until you experience some throttling. When finished testing, exit the game and then exit ThrottleStop. Your log file will be in your ThrottleStop / Logs folder. Attach it to your next post and show me a few more screenshots of how you have ThrottleStop setup. You might as well set the voltage adjusters back to 0 since they are locked and not working anyhow.