• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-I GAMING WIFI 6E Socket AM5 (???????)

It's a good board.

Two issues.

#1, no ECLK to OC X3D;
#2, chipset fans are annoying, so I just removed them.

I wouldn't recommend more than 96 GB of RAM on a AM5 platform, you'd sacrifice way too much frequency. Even at 96 GB I'd be surprised if you could run faster than 4800 MT on Zen 4.

Seriously though, wait for the motherboard refreshes even if you don't care about Zen 5 or Arrow Lake.

Thank you so much. I have found non-ecc RAM, and I will get it when I get the motherboard. The processor allows for 192GB of support, and the motherboard matches that perfectly. I will shoot for 96GB of total RAM for sure, but if I can find a solid solution beyond 96GB, I will go for it. In the world of CAD/3D, I tend to use a lot of RAM quickly.
For the use of unregistered RAM, ECC, I would have to look at the server-grade RAM. As far as the processor, I will wait for the Ryzen 9950X to be released and get the motherboard around the same time.

I agree, I will see how the motherboard refresh turns out, I did have that thought but never said anything. But at the same time IF this is a solid solution and I can get the motherboard for a nice price, I will go for it.

Thank you so much!

It's a good board.

Two issues.

#1, no ECLK to OC X3D;
#2, chipset fans are annoying, so I just removed them.

I wouldn't recommend more than 96 GB of RAM on a AM5 platform, you'd sacrifice way too much frequency. Even at 96 GB I'd be surprised if you could run faster than 4800 MT on Zen 4.

Seriously though, wait for the motherboard refreshes even if you don't care about Zen 5 or Arrow Lake.
1720611312305.png