1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

ASUS u52f-bbl9 charging problem

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by pfc87, Dec 28, 2011.

1. pfc87 New Member

Dec 28, 2011
    1 (0.00/day)
    Thanks Received:
    I have an ASUS u52f-bbl9 that's about a year old with its original battery. The ASUS power adapter that came with the computer stopped working recently after a day or so where the battery/charge indicator on the screen repeatedly switched back and forth between the battery and charging modes.

- I purchased a PWR+ adapter on-line that claims to be for this ASUS model (along with many others). The original and the replacement adapters are 19v 3.42A (65W). Although the PWR+ adapter sometimes charges the computer normally, the computer mostly switches back and forth between the charging and battery modes.

- The computer does take a charge when it is off and the adapter is plugged in. It does not charge when it is switching back and forth. As far as the adapter connection goes, I would say the connector seems a bit loose when plugged into the computer.

- I read a previous thread about a similar situation with an ASUS computer which appeared to be due to an under-powered replacement adapter.

- One other note: With the new PWR+ adapter, there have been a few times where the computer turned itself back on within 10-20 minutes after it was shut down while the adapter was plugged in. I'm not aware of any ghosts haunting our house.

Any ideas about sorting out battery, power adapter or mother board issues? I have not yet tried removing the battery and running the computer with just the power cord.