• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

ASUSTOR Responds to Intel Meltdown and Spectre Vulnerabilities

btarunr

Editor & Senior Moderator
Staff member
System Name RBMK-1000
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B450-E Gaming
Cooling DeepCool Gammax L240 V2
Memory 2x 8GB G.Skill Sniper X
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GameRock
Storage Western Digital Black NVMe 512GB
Display(s) BenQ 1440p 60 Hz 27-inch
Case Corsair Carbide 100R
Audio Device(s) ASUS SupremeFX S1220A
Power Supply Cooler Master MWE Gold 650W
Mouse ASUS ROG Strix Impact
Keyboard Gamdias Hermes E2
Software Windows 11 Pro
ASUSTOR Inc. is releasing ADM to version 3.0.5 to fix the Meltdown security vulnerability in Intel CPUs. The models receiving an update are: AS3100, AS3200, AS5000, AS5100, AS6100, AS6200, AS6300, AS6400 and AS7000 series. For the AS6302T and AS6404T NAS devices, ASUSTOR is releasing a BIOS update to patch the Meltdown and Spectre vulnerabilities. Other x86 NAS will be patched as soon as Intel releases a patch.

For ASUSTOR's other models, they will be patched as soon as an updated Linux kernel is released. On non-Intel CPU models, ASUSTOR is also continuing to work with the other relevant CPU manufacturers. ASUSTOR takes security very seriously. When further information is released, customers will be informed through the appropriate channels.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

It is worth mentionning that phpvirtualbox has lost all posibility to run properly since i upgraded to ADM 3.0.5 RU1

Consequently i can't run existing VMs, can't create new ones, can't import OVF appliances.

<gasp> :kookoo:

It is worth mentionning that phpvirtualbox has lost all posibility to run properly since i upgraded to ADM 3.0.5 RU1
Consequently i can't run existing VMs, can't create new ones, can't import OVF appliances.
<gasp> :kookoo:
If you can downgrade and can operate your unit without the internet, do so. You'll get the functionality back and prevent the vulnerability but at the cost of no internet access for that unit. I know a bunch of people, business' and governments that are employing such a tactic to keep certain assets secure.

Last edited: