1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

ATI CCC settings not always taking effect

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by mk_ln, Dec 14, 2006.

1. mk_ln New Member

Thanks Received:
    hi, i've recently started using the CCC settings to get better image quality. i was actually surprised how much of a difference it made vs in-game ultra settings. anyways, i've noticed that sometimes after i enable my profile, things seem to lag; it is not because of the settings i choose, as it does run smoothly in some games. at first i thought that it was b/c i didn't have the Catalyst AI enabled - this actually seemed to be the problem. now, however, even with the AI enabled and set to the advanced setting, things still seem to stutter at times. the best example i have is with ATITool:

before i started using CCC, i would check the '3D view' every once in a while and it would display anywhere from 550-640 fps.

after i started using CCC, and enabled my settings, i would get b/w 110-190 fps on the cube.

at first i disregarded this and tried started Titan Quest, and EVERYTHING was lagging...i found that odd but just restarted the game and it was later fine with amazing IQ. i then exited and checked ATITool's cube again and it was back to 550-640 fps.

i am just a little frustrated as i cant seem to find the cause of the problem. the version of CCC i am using are the ones which came on my ASUS CD. i believe they are a modified version of the 6.10. is this an known issue with these set of drivers or am i just overlooking something?

thanks in advance for any helpful advice :)

10 Year Member at TPU
  2. Athlon2K15

Athlon2K15 HyperVtX™

Thanks Received:
    is that you in your avatar? what version of catalyst do you have try using 6.12

10 Year Member at TPU
  3. Namslas90 New Member

Thanks Received:
    did you try the new Catylist version 6.12.?

10 Year Member at TPU
  4. mk_ln New Member

Thanks Received:
    actually, no i haven't. is there a significant difference b/w the version i'm using and the 6.12s? the version i am currently using is great...when it actually works properly. i was hoping not needing to install the 6.12s. unless there is another solution, i might actually have to do that. i hate the uninstallation/reinstallation of drivers. thanks for the reply :)

10 Year Member at TPU
  5. Athlon2K15

Athlon2K15 HyperVtX™

Thanks Received:
    i would go with the catalyst 6.12 i think they have some updates for the 1950 cards

10 Year Member at TPU
  6. mk_ln New Member

Thanks Received:
    hm...no difference whatsoever...any other ideas? thanks in advance :)

10 Year Member at TPU