• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Ati Firegl V7200

Wild Bill

Installed this card with latest driver (Had ATI 800XL), No experience with these, but, am CAD student so... Well worth it,but, wanted to play with it anyway. Riva Tuner works, neither ATI tool (Both cause"Blue Corduroy" screen, very detailed texture,must hard boot to restore) CCCenter Has no help files or custom skins. Autodesk "Optimizes" settings anyway, when opened. I just wanted to compare with previous card. Does anybody have experience with these. Im thinking they are not meant to be OCd. This card does everything I do very,very well now and maybe I should just "run" it, as is. Just looking for some advice

System Name The Lizard v2.4
Processor Intel Celeron G1840 (for the time being
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-H81-S2PH
Cooling Intel Stock Fan
Memory 16GB Kingston HyperX 1600
Video Card(s) MSI Gaming GTX 750Ti (For the time being)
Storage 500GB Samsung F1, 160GB Maxtor "Older than god"
Display(s) AOC 28' LCD
Case Coolermaster N200
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Antec VP500P
Software Windows 7 Ultimate x64
Benchmark Scores No crashes in the last 24 minutes.
which psu are u running? maybe you are running it at the bare minimum

Wild Bill

I am running a Antec 550 Neo HE, bought card used,nothing with it. I used one of the left over connectors (connected it into DVD plug and used 6pin coming off it to connect to card) I could not find any install instructions on ATI/AMD FIRE section, maybe it should use power straight from PSU (Antec Instruction is to refer to card Manufacturer) The card is smoking on 3d apps, have not tried any games yet and otherwise runs great.

Wild Bill

I went up in the attic (Over 100 already), I do have a a seperate 6pin to 6pin connector. One noob question, Connector has one end marked PCI-E (6wires in it) one 6pin only 4wires. Im thinking PCI-E to card and one (4 wires only) straight to PSU. I will check ATI site for other cards requiring additional power and try to figue out which one, goes where. I installed last card 3 years ago, so better do more research, before asking dumb Qs.

Wild Bill

Firegl V7200

Ref: Previous posts, Have installed separate Power connector, now I have a white screen with blue lines when trying to use ATI tool (Both versions 0.26 & 0.27) This card is vastly superior to my last one and works fine, unless I try the ATI tools,so, must be an oman. I do not have the experience to carry this further and am forced to accept as is, besides I don't think I could improve this one with my limited skill set anyway. Many Thanks (BTW have latest driver and reduced acceleration to half, same results)

boogah

System Name Core i7 WS
Processor i7 920 D0 @ 4.2 GHz
Motherboard ASUS P6T WS Professional
Cooling Thermalright Ultra 120 Extreme RT1366
Memory 6gb 3x2gb Crucial DDR3
Video Card(s) Firepro V8700
Storage Velociraptor 300gb in raid0
Display(s) 2x Dell Ultrasharp 24"
Case Antec Twelve Hundred
Audio Device(s) onboard sound
Power Supply Corsair HX1000
Software Windows 7 64-bit
FireGL are never been to be overclocked.

V7200 is essentially a lower clock lower voltage Radeon X1800 XT. They underclock it for longevity rather than high clock speed so trying to OC it will crash the system.

for full benefit make sure you installed the FireGL drivers not the Radeon drivers.

Wild Bill

Firegl V7200

I have the latest FIREGL driver and I installed this on a ASUS 915 "Puffer" board with Win XP 2005 MCE, 3.0 single CPU. 4 years ago I tried to install a X-1900, it was too long also and very expensive, I took it back and bought the 800xl. I had to do some "Mods" to make this even fit. I am impressed it works so well and should not be surprised about OCing, its after all a "Workstation" card. This was my first PC and new then, I have an HP HDX laptop now, so I play on this one. I may even wait another year on a new Desktop now. Thank you all very much.