• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

ATi Tool - Prevent clock-change?

System Name The Terminator.
Processor Intel i7 950 3.06Ghz.
Motherboard Asus P6X58D-Extreme
Cooling Stock.
Memory Corsair 6GB (3x2GB) DDR3 2000MHz Dominator-GT Memory Kit CL8 (8-9-8-24) 1.65V
Video Card(s) Sapphire HD 6950 2GB GDDR5.
Storage WD 1TB 3.5" SATA-III 6Gb/s / OCZ Vertex 120GB SSD.
Display(s) 24'' Widescreen Samsung 1080p.
Case Antec 1200 Gaming Case.
Audio Device(s) Realtek.
Power Supply TX 650W Corsair
Software Windows 7 Enterprise 64 bit
Hey guys,

I want to use ATi Tool solely for Fan Control and Temperature Monitoring on my X1900XT. I have disabled 3D Detection since i think this has been the contributing factor to a lot of my crash problems lately, since disabling it, its been running okay (Except the excessive heat this card produces). Now the problem is, with 3D Detection disabled, but with ATi Tool running, my card does not enter 3D clock mode and stays at 2D clock speeds. How can i fix this? Will installing CCC enable 3D clocks when entering games instead, even while ATI tool is running? I'm just a bit confused to be honest, im assuming as long as ATi Tool is running it is the primary control center for my card, meaning all the settings there are the only ones taking effect, hence the reason my card will not enter 3D mode with it running. Then if i remove it i have no fan control or temp monitoring which is vital! Systool is innacurate and slow and doesn't show me the Vreg temperature either.

So, whats the best course of action guys?

Thanks!

Hux.

Namslas90

I use CCC for overclocking, and ATI TOOL for fan controll and temp monitoring only. After properly loading files, reboot, and open ATI TOOL. In the bottom right corner click the box "Settings", go to the top and click the 'down arrow" where it says "overclocking" and select Fan controll. Make your adjustments there and save them as a profile is you want to.

System Name The Terminator.
Processor Intel i7 950 3.06Ghz.
Motherboard Asus P6X58D-Extreme
Cooling Stock.
Memory Corsair 6GB (3x2GB) DDR3 2000MHz Dominator-GT Memory Kit CL8 (8-9-8-24) 1.65V
Video Card(s) Sapphire HD 6950 2GB GDDR5.
Storage WD 1TB 3.5" SATA-III 6Gb/s / OCZ Vertex 120GB SSD.
Display(s) 24'' Widescreen Samsung 1080p.
Case Antec 1200 Gaming Case.
Audio Device(s) Realtek.
Power Supply TX 650W Corsair
Software Windows 7 Enterprise 64 bit
I use CCC for overclocking, and ATI TOOL for fan controll and temp monitoring only. After properly loading files, reboot, and open ATI TOOL. In the bottom right corner click the box "Settings", go to the top and click the 'down arrow" where it says "overclocking" and select Fan controll. Make your adjustments there and save them as a profile is you want to.

Hey nams,

Yeah i know how to adjust it and all that, but, do all the ATi Tool adjustments still run after it has been closed? Will CCC adjust my clocks for me? Thats what i meant, i might not have made it so clear in my OP. :)

Cheers,

Hux.

Namslas90

Weather you use CCC or ATI Tool for OC, you gota save the profile or click the run at startup button. IUse the CCC and have it load at startup and then I manually open Ati Tool for fan controll if I'm gonna game, if not I just don't start it.