• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

ATI tool process running but cant see the tool

thomasj

I have a problem I cant figure out. I just changed from a visiontek x1550 to a visiontek HD2600 PRO. I used the ati tool with my x1550 all the time with no problems. I uninstalled the drivers for my old card and installed the correct ones for my HD 2600 and it works fine. Its just that when I open the atitool I cant see it.

It is running in the lower right part of the tool bar and it shows in the process info as ATItool.exe but I cant get it to show on the screen. I tried double clicking the icon and nothing. Any Ideas?

khebeln

I have exacly the same problem. Ati tool is runing in tray, its extensivly using procesor but you cant acces it by any means :/ Im using 2600xt to. I realy need some tool to set fan speed to max becasue its runing on low all the time and i get 110C temp when using top games, but i have 61C in idle. Funny is that when i bought the card i had 30-40C top and 55 MAX while using 3d games... ech.

a_punker

Processor AMD Athlon 64 3700+ SanDiego (939)
Motherboard Asus A8N-SLi Premium
Cooling air - nexus, Scythe, silverstone
Memory corsair twinx 3GB PC3200
Video Card(s) Sapphire ATi HD3870
Storage WD and seagate 120GB sata disks
Display(s) Hitachi CM812 20" CRT
Case budget
Audio Device(s) integrated
Power Supply Seasonic S12
Software XPpro
same here version 0.26 ATiTool running at high cpu percentage and can't access.
HD3870. When i hover over the system tray icon it says Core -1.#JMHz, Mem -1.#JMHz