• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

ATI's next gen GPU in next half of 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
System Name Felix777
Processor Core i5-3570k@stock
Motherboard Biostar H61
Memory 8gb
Video Card(s) XFX RX 470
Storage WD 500GB BLK
Display(s) Acer p236h bd
Case Haf 912
Audio Device(s) onboard
Power Supply Rosewill CAPSTONE 450watt
Software Win 10 x64
Well you may have a point here :confused: It seems to me that this Southern Islands thingy may have been a back up plan for AMD which all depended on TMSC and its 28nm process. Anyway it's already confirmed that TMSC stated they will have full production of 28nm in Q4 2010, which brings us to ATI Radeon's based on 28nm for Q1 2011 :D Also the crapping of 32nm delayed things at least 6 months.

So what about the re-fresh? We know AMD is planning on them, but when? Now to August is what I predict ;)

isn't GF supposed to have 28nm in q4 of 2010 also? and since we've already seen 28nm wafers, one of which was said to contain GPU's, from them it could be possible that AMD's next gen comes from GF and not TSMC. i only hope it does come from GF. that'll only help out AMD. i kno they aren't going to technically get cheaper prices per wafer, but seeing as how they own 30%? of GF it is helping them instead of TSMC producing AMD's chips

cadaveca

My name is Dave
GF producing graphics chips can go either way. ATI might end up very screwed if they put all thier eggs in one basket. It makes the most sense to use BOTH, and take advantage of the differences in fab processing according to the market. You simply spin out samples of all models from both, but the downside to this is that there is more chance for info leaks, although I do not see it being any greater than it is already.

If they commit 100% to GF, and TSMC has a better process, they migth get stamped into the ground by nV, and lose a huge part of the market. That option is not acceptable in any way.

It would make sense for a new product to launch in September, but truly, I feel this is far too fast for a new gen...the 5-series was released just last year, after all. So if there is a 6-series chip in the fall, expect it to be a refresh, and not anything new.

This is where Southern Islands comes in. It also makes sense to try part of the new tech to come, if designs are ready, but when the market is in the position it is in right now, there's plenty of time for both nV and ATi to sit back and earn some cash. Meanwhile, the engineers at both are in crunch phase, finalizing refresh products. nV needs to recoup costs of Fermi, so the market is set for a while, it think.

The lack of a "pre-announced" 1ghz ATI gpu, and it's replacement with 950mhz models, could say a couple of things too... First, maybe TSMC is still having yield issues, and the problem hasn't been fixed yet. Given the natural disaster in thier area, I'll say that this was uncontrollable, and most likely.

At the same time, maybe they've given up on the refresh, and are pushing a new model forward, and don't want to overshadow this fictional chip, so will sit back, enjoy the cheaper pricing plan than nV, with performance to match, and they'll respin the new chips until it's perfect, with a March 2011 release.

At this point I think anything is possible, and that all the options offered currently in rumour are possible, as there is more than one design team making gpus @ AMD proper. Whichever plan proves most profitable will be the one that wins out, in the end.

System Name RiseZEN Gaming PC
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X @ Auto
Motherboard Asus ROG Strix X570-E Gaming ATX Motherboard
Cooling Corsair H115i Elite Capellix AIO, 280mm Radiator, Dual RGB 140mm ML Series PWM Fans
Memory G.Skill TridentZ 64GB (4 x 16GB) DDR4 3200
Video Card(s) ASUS DUAL RX 6700 XT DUAL-RX6700XT-12G
Storage Corsair Force MP500 480GB M.2 & MP510 480GB M.2 - 2 x WD_BLACK 1TB SN850X NVMe 1TB
Display(s) ASUS ROG Strix 34” XG349C 180Hz 1440p + Asus ROG 27" MG278Q 144Hz WQHD 1440p
Case Corsair Obsidian Series 450D Gaming Case
Audio Device(s) SteelSeries 5Hv2 w/ Sound Blaster Z SE
Power Supply Corsair RM750x Power Supply
Mouse Razer Death-Adder + Viper 8K HZ Ambidextrous Gaming Mouse - Ergonomic Left Hand Edition
Keyboard Logitech G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Gaming Keyboard
Software Windows 11 Pro - 64-Bit Edition
Benchmark Scores I'm the Doctor, Doctor Who. The Definition of Gaming is PC Gaming...
I sort of agree with you but ATI has been without a new GEN card built from the ground up for a long time now, at least 5 to 7 years now. They've been revamping the same old design ever since the R420 line. Through major enhancements came the R520, R600, R700 and finally Evergreen.

cadaveca

My name is Dave
I hear ya on that one...but really...do we need MORE graphical power?

5870 1GB is almost good for 2560x1600 and 4xAA in DX11. A clock bump makes it perfect @ 60FPS(sure, a couple of apps this is not the case).

So why change what works already? There is LOTS to lose by changing things drastically, and DX11 has just come out. There's only so much more you can do...without DX12...

Cooling Corsair H115i Elite Capellix AIO, 280mm Radiator, Dual RGB 140mm ML Series PWM Fans
Storage Corsair Force MP500 480GB M.2 & MP510 480GB M.2 - 2 x WD_BLACK 1TB SN850X NVMe 1TB
Display(s) ASUS ROG Strix 34” XG349C 180Hz 1440p + Asus ROG 27" MG278Q 144Hz WQHD 1440p
Mouse Razer Death-Adder + Viper 8K HZ Ambidextrous Gaming Mouse - Ergonomic Left Hand Edition
Benchmark Scores I'm the Doctor, Doctor Who. The Definition of Gaming is PC Gaming...
I see your point, though the same can be said about CPU's. Both AMD & Intel could have just kept on jacking up the clock speed higher and higher for the Athlon 64 / Pentium 4. Where would that have taken us?
Thank goodness for Intel's Super Efficient Core i7 and AMD’s soon to come Bulldozer. My point is innovation and technology drives competition. Though one pet peeve I have is software, it’s always late in the game, and by the time it catches up we are into new hardware again.
Not sure if the HD 6000 series is going to be based on DX12, but I assume AMD is going to stick with DX11, or at the very least support both DX11 and DX12, it makes sense, DX11 games are just starting to trickle down the pipe. We need to get to the point where all games are based on DX11. None of this DX10, DX10.1, DX9a, DX9b etc nonesense, they need to stick with one, perfect it then move on.

By the way to answer your question, NO, graphics today is not fast enough for games today. I think 2GB should be the standard regardless what res people plan to play with.
Crossfire and SLI also don’t improve as much as it should today. I am hoping AMD’s new tech is going to greatly improve CrossfireX performance, at least a lot more than Evergreen.:D

System Name Felix777
Motherboard Biostar H61
Memory 8gb
Video Card(s) XFX RX 470
Storage WD 500GB BLK
Display(s) Acer p236h bd
Case Haf 912
Audio Device(s) onboard
Software Win 10 x64
I see your point, though the same can be said about CPU's. Both AMD & Intel could have just kept on jacking up the clock speed higher and higher for the Athlon 64 / Pentium 4. Where would that have taken us?
Thank goodness for Intel's Super Efficient Core i7 and AMD’s soon to come Bulldozer. My point is innovation and technology drives competition. Though one pet peeve I have is software, it’s always late in the game, and by the time it catches up we are into new hardware again.
Not sure if the HD 6000 series is going to be based on DX12, but I assume AMD is going to stick with DX11, or at the very least support both DX11 and DX12, it makes sense, DX11 games are just starting to trickle down the pipe. We need to get to the point where all games are based on DX11. None of this DX10, DX10.1, DX9a, DX9b etc nonesense, they need to stick with one, perfect it then move on.

By the way to answer your question, NO, graphics today is not fast enough for games today. I think 2GB should be the standard regardless what res people plan to play with.
Crossfire and SLI also don’t improve as much as it should today. I am hoping AMD’s new tech is going to greatly improve CrossfireX performance, at least a lot more than Evergreen.:D

um yep i'd definitely cut dx12 out of the next gen haha. there's no purpose for it right now. and i don't feel 2gb is necessary, there are a few HD 5870 2gb's out with reviews that show like 3-5fps improvement over the 1gb version even at 2560x1600, so def not a necesity.

Processor 13700KF Undervolted @ 5.6/ 5.5, 4.8Ghz Ring 200W PL1
Motherboard MSI 690-I PRO
Cooling Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 w/ Arctic P12 Fans
Memory 48 GB DDR5 7600 MHZ CL36
Video Card(s) RTX 4090 FE
Storage 2x 2TB WDC SN850, 1TB Samsung 960 prr
Display(s) Alienware 32" 4k 240hz OLED
Case SLIGER S620
Audio Device(s) Yes
Power Supply Corsair SF750
Mouse Xlite V2
Keyboard RoyalAxe
Software Windows 11
Benchmark Scores They're pretty good, nothing crazy.

the multi card issue, and even the graphics power issues are all software based... I mean here you have a card that is capable of 2 tflops getting matched by a card that can do less than half of that - a couple hundred Gflops at most because of scheduling (among other things) and software. Basically... because of inefficiency.

I think drivers - and the fact that we are not using anywhere NEAR the potential of these cards also come into play. Its like having a machine running at 60% efficiency and then saying you need a faster machine. Yeah, sure, that will do the trick no doubt, but I think it makes sense to increase software efficiency first. We need DX11 and DX12 to be more efficient, and to some extent DX11 does that. Totally agree with the whole "we need just DX11 and not 10 / 10.1 / 9abc ..." :toast:

cadaveca

My name is Dave

Absolutely. I'm talking about a holding pattern for 6 months, not an eternity. If they release new tech too soon, they'll have old product sitting on shelves...product that could hurt alot of sellers. Given current supply constraints...maybe they could pull it off, but they still have 4-series cards to get through, so it's a very delicate balance they must pull off if they release new product that completely changes things.

Yes, but Moore's Law exists for a reason. You want them to exceed that by a year? While that may sound great, that's not a good idea, long-term. Business is all aobut biggest returns for the smallest investment...and the investment on the 5-series is still paying hand over fist...nV hasn't even got product out in full force yet, and they don't have a top-to-bottom lineup yet either...

In March next year they should be fabbing the new gen, the one you are looking for.

This is exactly what I'm saying...

I agree on the 2GB thing, but I tell ya what...programmers aren't to keen to change things like that just yet. There's just no real motivation, that I see, and where there is motivation, it's either an indie house, or in a place so big that the exec snuff it out quickly. We need a new gen of consoles before something like that becomes worthwhile.

phan covered the rest I wanted to say...except for 1GB+ cards, and multi-gpu set-ups, we need sideport to return. We need new Crossfire interfaces too. Having 6GB of ram...and three gpus...is like having a 3-cpu socket system...without QPI or HT.

Until they can do that, I think software is going to be a big barrier to multi-gpu scaling. Crossfire needs to be hardware-based 2000%, and not software, and now Win7 makes that really possible, as far as I am concerned, and there's even hardware out there that could make it possible.

Remember that the original chip that became cypress was MUCH larger. They can pull this chip out at any time, and stomp on Fermi, if that's all they wanted to do.

But innovation not only needs competition...it needs funding.

Mind you, I'm probably the only one that thinks ATI took over AMD, not AMD bought ATI. ATi guys run the ship now, and now hold the all important x86 liscence. Couldn't happen any other way. Mr Huang must be fuming. Ati got what he never will.:laugh:

I totally agree. Software needs to get better. I still think 1GB at the very least is great for graphics. 2GB IMO is better perhaps not just for gaming but for other things like video encoding and stuff.

Both ATI and NVIDIA need to do somehow join :eek: forces and try to convince game developers to utilize GPU's a lot better so we don't have to spend $1000 on graphics just to play Crysis as it was meant to be played.

HD 5000 series have been out for about 7 months now, I believe ATI already made good profit on them, but I do agree they shouldn’t release anything new too soon but at the same time ATI needs to keep pressure on NVIDIA by staying in the lead, something they’ve not had for a long time now.

Last edited:

cadaveca

My name is Dave
Who says they aren't leading?:wtf:

Oh, in performance, not with product line-ups! Silly me!:laugh:

:nutkick:

If ATi's products perform slightly less, as they do now, but price/performance ratio stays better than nV's, ATi wins.

In the real world..not us, but big business purchases...Fermi is a failure. ATi provides the same performance, and uses less power to do so.

Now, of course, nVidia has the software edge, so this may completely eliminate ATi from this market...and all of a sudden, Mr Huang's focus on GPGPU suddenly makes sense...

Remember, nV's focus isn't us, but GPGPU, with these chips. Those that buy 'em will pay extra in power bills, but they'll get that money back in software. And before Ati can get software, nV will fix the power issues, or release a new chip. No wonder Ati likes open platforms...it's all they can offer!

So, ATi needs some programmers, and BADLY. They need some cash too.

So hold those horses back a bit yet...just what do you expect ATi to deliver in this new gen? What exactly is it you need that they might provide? 'Cause you know...they just might listen...

:D

Processor Intel Core i5 8400
Motherboard Gigabyte Z370N-Wifi
Cooling Silverstone AR05
Memory Micron Crucial 16GB DDR4-2400
Video Card(s) Gigabyte GTX1080 G1 Gaming 8G
Storage Micron Crucial MX300 275GB
Display(s) Dell U2415
Case Silverstone RVZ02B
Power Supply Silverstone SSR-SX550
Keyboard Ducky One Red Switch
Software Windows 10 Pro 1909
It may very well be low to mid range HD 6000's cards to get released in Q4 2010, perhaps to test the waters on the new 28nm I assume.
Then we get the HD 6800's in Q1 2011, which again I assume it would be in late Q1 2011. So this would leave Southern Islands release sometime within now and August 2010 :confused: :D
i thought normally the highest end cards get released first then followed by crippled mid end of low end versions?

I highly agree ATI needs programmer’s bad big time. Though have a feeling ATI is in better position today than they were before AMD bought them. It would make sense for ATI to have a full capable GPGPU for its HD 6800 series, or they can always separate the two, one for strictly gaming and another for GPGPU. Just like the All in Wonder line. Though I think open standards make a lot better sense IMO, and hope it catches on.
i thought normally the highest end cards get released first then followed by crippled mid end of low end versions?
Well looking as some past releases, ATI always released low to mid cards on new manufacturing processes just to test the waters such as in this case it would be the new 28nm process.

It’s much easier and cheaper to test and possibly screw up a low to mid card rather a monstrous high end card. Then after they’ve tested the water and somewhat learned more about say 28nm, they get the high end babies out the door.

Like if I am not mistaken, they released some HD 3700's or HD 3600's on new manu. process then later on released it on high end HD 4870's or something.

Last edited:
System Name Gamers PC
Processor AMD Phenom II X4 965 BE @ 3.80 GHz
Motherboard MSI 790FX-GD70 AM3
Cooling Corsair H50 Cooler
Memory Corsair XMS3 4GB (2x2GB) DDR3-1333
Video Card(s) XFX Radeon HD 5770 1GB GDDR5
Storage 2 x WD Caviar Green 1TB SATA300 w/64MB Buffer (RAID 0)
Display(s) Samsung 2494SW 1080p 24" WS LCD HD
Case CM HAF 932 Full Tower Case
Audio Device(s) Creative SB X-FI TITANIUM -PCIE x 1
Power Supply Corsair TX Series CMPSU-650TX (650W)
Software Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
So what no Southern Islands now? :wtf:

System Name Felix777
Motherboard Biostar H61
Memory 8gb
Video Card(s) XFX RX 470
Storage WD 500GB BLK
Display(s) Acer p236h bd
Case Haf 912
Audio Device(s) onboard
Software Win 10 x64
no body honestly knows. from what i've read, southern islands will include features that'll be in Northern Islands but keep the Evergreen shader architecture. Then northern islands will come next with the same or more features of Southern Islands paired with a new shader architecture.

But again in all honesty no one can say yay or nay to whether Southern Islands will release or not.

I was doing more digging but didn't find anything that we didn't know. AMD's CEO did talk about a graphics re-fresh, maybe this Southern Island is the re-fresh he speaks about.
We will have to just wait and see. NI for Q1 2011 and SI for Q3-Q4 2010 :D

System Name Money Hole
Processor Core i7 970
Motherboard Asus P6T6 WS Revolution
Cooling Noctua UH-D14
Memory 2133Mhz 12GB (3x4GB) Mushkin 998991
Video Card(s) Sapphire Tri-X OC R9 290X
Storage Samsung 1TB 850 Evo
Display(s) 3x Acer KG240A 144hz
Case CM HAF 932
Audio Device(s) ADI (onboard)
Power Supply Enermax Revolution 85+ 1050w
Mouse Logitech G602
Keyboard Logitech G710+
Software Windows 10 Professional x64
I was doing more digging but didn't find anything that we didn't know. AMD's CEO did talk about a graphics re-fresh, maybe this Southern Island is the re-fresh he speaks about.
We will have to just wait and see. NI for Q1 2011 and SI for Q3-Q4 2010 :D

SI is coming since AMD's CEO mentioned it in a financial conference call. Bad things can happen to him and the company if they don't deliver. Also, since bulk 28nm at TSMC isn't happening until late 2H 2011, we won't see NI until then since it will be on 28nm and not 40nm. Apparently, they need the smaller process to keep it under 400m2 which SI is already going to be pushing on 40nm.

So the rumor goes like this

SI: 2H 2010, same shader count as Evergreen but with updated front end, rops, and maybe memory type.
NI: Updated shaders which are suppose to do away with the 5 wide shaders. Includes SI minus shaders with maybe some tweaking.

Some of you guys are really getting out in left field. SI/NI will not go to GF since not only is their 28nm later than TSMC, but a totally different way of doing it. AMD would need to start over from scratch and learn a new process. If you thought Fermi was late, this would make that look like child's play.

Processor AMD Ryzen 5 7600
Motherboard Gigabyte B650 Aorus Elite AX
Cooling Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE
Memory Kingston Fury Beast DDR5-5600 16GBx2
Video Card(s) Gigabyte Gaming OC AMD Radeon RX 7800 XT 16GB
Storage TEAMGROUP T-Force Z440 2TB, SPower A60 2TB, SPower A55 2TB, Seagate 4TBx2, Samsung 870 2TB
Display(s) AOC 24G2 + Xitrix WFP-2415
Case Montech Air X
Audio Device(s) Realtek onboard
Power Supply Be Quiet! Pure Power 11 FM 750W 80+ Gold
Mouse Logitech G304
Keyboard Redragon K557 KAIA RGB Mechanical Keyboard
Software Windows 10
Check my prior post in this thread, if we're assuming that what xbitlabs report is fact, then it will be a hybrid of sorts for AMD, 32nm initially spread out in both GF and TSMC, then 28nm afterwards, IN BOTH as well.

They're using the 32nm as a stepping stone of sorts and not exactly a "true progression" so to speak. I would think they're saying is that instead of sticking with TSMC with a problematic 32nm, why not spread it so to speak to GF too (with admittedly a problematic 32nm as well) so the yields would not be as bad.

This way they could:
-"Test the waters" with a 1) smaller process and 2) new architecture
-"Spreading it out" with both TSMC and GF to offset yield problems

Once they've accomplished that, we can expect next year a FULL lineup of 28nm cards. The 32nm serves as preparation for them. Think of it as the "4770 way", except bigger, and even the process (32nm) is only a "stepping stone" rather than the goal itself. Of course that's assuming that the problems get solved by that time.

TSMC and AMD are not going to be late, 28nm is on schedule for full production starting in Q4 2010. AMD and TSMC scrapped 32nm a while ago. Only Intel is using there version of 32nm for some chipsets and CPU's.

So looking at the latest information, Southern Islands is either ATI's HD 5800 re-fresh or it does not exist. And that re-fresh is based on 40nm process which makes sense because AMD is very familiar with 40nm.
Nothern Islands is on schedule for Q1 2011 which is based on a brand new design based on 28nm process.

No, TSMC 28 nm is not late—they are on the record
http://www.edn.com/blog/1690000169/post/570047857.html

TSMC to Start Production of 28nm Chips in Q4 2010.
TSMC Tops Off Fab 12 Production Facilities

http://www.xbitlabs.com/news/other/...tart_Production_of_28nm_Chips_in_Q4_2010.html

Both TSMC and AMD Cancel 32nm. This has already been confirmed.
Globalfoundries Scraps 32nm Bulk Fabrication Process.

Globalfoundries Will Not Make Chips Using 32nm Bulk Tech
http://www.xbitlabs.com/news/other/...ies_Scraps_32nm_Bulk_Fabrication_Process.html

cadaveca

My name is Dave
Your TSMC info was before the earthquake in early March. Schedules have changed due to this.

Your TSMC info was before the earthquake in early March. Schedules have changed due to this.
Dam Earthquakes, I am really getting pissed about HAARP lately ;)

Just in case nobody is aware of what HAARP is:
Project HAARP: Overview

The Pentagon's provocative plan to superheat the earth's ionosphere
The HAARP phased-array transmitter zaps the earth's ionosphere with
high-frequency radio waves. In an Arctic compound 200 miles east of
Anchorage, Alaska, the Pentagon has erected a powerful transmitter designed
to beam more than a gigawatt of energy into the upper reaches of the
atmosphere. Known as Project HAARP (High-frequency Active Auroral Research
Program:eek:), the $30 million experiment involves the world's largest
"ionospheric heater," a prototype device designed to zap the skies hundreds
of miles above the earth with high-frequency radio waves. Why irradiate the
charged particles of the ionosphere (which when energized by natural
processes make up the lovely and famous phenomenon known as the Northern
Lights)? According to the U.S. Navy and Air Force, co-sponsors of the
project, "to observe the complex natural variations of Alaska's
ionosphere." That, says the Pentagon, and also to develop new forms of
communications and surveillance technologies that will enable the military
to send signals to nuclear submarines and to peer deep underground.

eidairaman1

The Exiled Airman
System Name PCGOD
Processor AMD FX 8350@ 5.0GHz
Motherboard Asus TUF 990FX Sabertooth R2 2901 Bios
Cooling Scythe Ashura, 2×BitFenix 230mm Spectre Pro LED (Blue,Green), 2x BitFenix 140mm Spectre Pro LED
Memory 16 GB Gskill Ripjaws X 2133 (2400 OC, 10-10-12-20-20, 1T, 1.65V)
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon 290 Sapphire Vapor-X
Storage Samsung 840 Pro 256GB, WD Velociraptor 1TB
Display(s) NEC Multisync LCD 1700V (Display Port Adapter)
Case AeroCool Xpredator Evil Blue Edition
Audio Device(s) Creative Labs Sound Blaster ZxR
Power Supply Seasonic 1250 XM2 Series (XP3)
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD
Keyboard Roccat Ryos MK Pro
Software Windows 7 Pro 64
Dam Earthquakes, I am really getting pissed about HAARP lately ;)

Just in case nobody is aware of what HAARP is:

Any links to that news as that is over my head even. and I work for the Mil.

Last edited:

eidairaman1

The Exiled Airman
System Name PCGOD
Processor AMD FX 8350@ 5.0GHz
Motherboard Asus TUF 990FX Sabertooth R2 2901 Bios
Cooling Scythe Ashura, 2×BitFenix 230mm Spectre Pro LED (Blue,Green), 2x BitFenix 140mm Spectre Pro LED
Memory 16 GB Gskill Ripjaws X 2133 (2400 OC, 10-10-12-20-20, 1T, 1.65V)
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon 290 Sapphire Vapor-X
Storage Samsung 840 Pro 256GB, WD Velociraptor 1TB
Display(s) NEC Multisync LCD 1700V (Display Port Adapter)
Case AeroCool Xpredator Evil Blue Edition
Audio Device(s) Creative Labs Sound Blaster ZxR
Power Supply Seasonic 1250 XM2 Series (XP3)
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD
Keyboard Roccat Ryos MK Pro
Software Windows 7 Pro 64
sounds like speculation to me, also Nothing is true until the Military makes a statement about it.

cadaveca

My name is Dave
They have admitted to using harp to push the ozone layer? troposhpere?...I cannot remember..anyway, pushed out 1.5 miles, or something. Cool stuff...

totally off topic, but in a thread like this, built on speculation...

System Name Felix777
Motherboard Biostar H61
Memory 8gb
Video Card(s) XFX RX 470
Storage WD 500GB BLK
Display(s) Acer p236h bd
Case Haf 912
Audio Device(s) onboard
Software Win 10 x64
Ok i just googled a bunch about HAARP, and DESTINI in "The Core" isn't HAARP. DESTINI fired electro-magnectic pulses of god knows how much power into the earths core, HAARP shoots extremely strong(3.6billion watts) radio frequencies into our ionosphere(above the atmosphere) and is going to be used to study it. there are a lot of conspiracy theories but no facts behind them. the earthquakes, power outages, ability to deflect missiles, even mind control. all bullshit as of right now.

OT: 32nm as stated, was scrapped for GPU's. 28nm is on schedule as was stated also. i do believe SI will release and is legit for Q3, probly Q4 of this year. NI not till next year sometime and i believe it'll depend on how nvidia reacts to SI on when it releases.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.