• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

ATItool and Windows Vista64

Status
Not open for further replies.

willardjuice

Do you see many 16bit programs around any more no so who cares and my sound card was from razer look at my specs,

C-Media has Vista x64 drivers for cards based on the 8788 chip. Perhaps you lack the ability to install them.

And tell me one good reason you need vista x64 do you run any 64bit programs:rolleyes: and can you run any 16bit programs no you cant:laugh:

I use 4GB of ram. Do me a favor, install 4GB of ram on your x86 build and tell me how much Windows actually sees. And I guess it's a good thing I haven't used any 16-bit programs in 5+ years. :rolleyes:

supageek

Processor Intel Core 2 Quad@3.3ghz
Motherboard Asus P5K Deluxe Wifi-AP
Cooling Tuniq Tower 120 / OCZ XTC
Memory G.Skill DDR2 4gb @ 1086mhz
Video Card(s) Gigabyte Radeon 2900XT
Storage Seagate 320gbx2 / Samsung 250gbx2 in RAID0
Display(s) 24inch as primary 17inch as secondary
Case Lian Li PC7B-PLUS
Audio Device(s) Creative SB X-Fi XtremeMusic
Power Supply Enermax Galaxy EGX1000 DXX
Software Windows Vista Ultimate 64
C-Media has Vista x64 drivers for cards based on the 8788 chip. Perhaps you lack the ability to install them.

I use 4GB of ram. Do me a favor, install 4GB of ram on your x86 build and tell me how much Windows actually sees. And I guess it's a good thing I haven't used any 16-bit programs in 5+ years. :rolleyes:

I have 4 gigs installed and it only showed 2gb in vista 32bit. There is nothing you can do about 32bit os's not being able to see and utilize more then 2 gigs of ram.

Ramon

:laugh::slap: those up date only come under Reliability and Performance because microsoft fould out that people got around siged drivers so they released these update to stop it, microsoft dosnt think its safe for people running vista x64 to have unsiged driver running because ONE vista x64 has alot of bugs, I know i used it for 6 mouths and it sucked vista x64 is only good for people that use there computer for graphics designing,Two vista x64 was released as a future upgrade, Three vista x64 has crap all that runs on it there 1% of programs that use 64 bit code and close to 0% games that use it.

With all due respect, you are incorrect about the update. It certainly does do more than re-enforce driver signing. I suggest you go read microsofts KB article on that particular update before spreading more mis-information.

And my video, sound and motherboard drivers work just fine in Vista x64 and my games run atleast as well as the do on my Vista 32bit setup.

Processor Intel Core i9 10980XE @ 4.7Ghz 1.2v
Motherboard ASUS Rampage VI Extreme Omega
Cooling EK-Velocity D-RGB, EK-CoolStream PE 360, XSPC TX240 Ultrathin, EK X-RES 140 Revo D5 RGB PWM
Memory G.Skill Trident Z RGB F4-3000C14D 64GB
Video Card(s) Asus ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 OC WC
Storage M.2 990 Pro 1TB / 10TB WD RED Helium / 3x 860 2TB Evos
Display(s) Samsung Odyssey G7 28"
Case Corsair Obsidian 500D SE Modded
Power Supply Cooler Master V Series 1300W
Software Windows 11

I have installed the C-media drivers for vista x64 and the razer ones both made it blue screen RAZER blue screened every 30-40min C-MEDIA took longer to blue screen but it still did and microcrap is full of shit.

wazzledoozle

Processor X2 3800+ @ 2.3 GHz
Motherboard DFI Lanparty SLI-DR
Cooling Zalman CNPS 9500 LED
Memory 2x1 Gb OCZ Plat. @ 3-3-2-8-1t 460 MHz
Video Card(s) HIS IceQ 4670 512Mb
Storage 640Gb & 160Gb western digital sata drives
Display(s) Hanns G 19" widescreen LCD w/ DVI 5ms
Case Thermaltake Soprano
Audio Device(s) Audigy 2 softmod@Audigy 4, Logitech X-530 5:1
Power Supply Coolermaster eXtreme Power Plus 500w
Software XP Pro
There is still one way besides using F8 at every startup, I haven't tried it myself but should work.

So this will require the use of some tools from the Windows Driver Kit, which you can get free of charge from Microsoft Connect. First you'll use makecert to generate a test signature that you'll embed in the program/driver you want to use. Then you'll follow the directions in the first section here to use signtool to embed the test signature you just created in the driver file (or program which includes a driver).

Then to enable test signing mode, you have to run "bcdedit /set testsigning on" from a command prompt; this will allow test-signed drivers to load.

It's a very roundabout way to get unsigned drivers to load (plus you have to do it for each individual driver that you want to load), but it did work for me (for the driver that the A64Info program uses). Sure, it would be more ideal (from a security standpoint) not to need to load unsigned drivers in the first place, but that isn't always realistic...

Edit: Forgot to mention that enabling test signing mode will plaster "Test Mode" text at all corners of your desktop, along with the Windows version (on all monitors if you have more than one). As far as I know, that's just something you'll have to live with while using this workaround. It's less annoying than having to press F8 at every boot or selectively not installing the performance/reliability packs anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.