• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

atmclk.exe Virus

Greaslog

hi folks, I am new 2 this forum.

plz help me, this virus atmclk.exe hit my laptop.

I looked at the many solutions on this forum on this issue, but none can solve the problem.

The reason is because my laptop cannot access the net since got hit by this junk.
It also suddenly cannot recognize any drive other than the C:

So I cannot run any cure from a CD or floppy. I also cannot go online to download something or do online cleaning.

The only way I have is access the DOS prompt and delete the atmclk.exe , which did not work.
plz help me.

Azn Tr14dZ

Processor AMD Athlon 64 3200+
Motherboard DFI LanParty nf4 Ultra-D
Cooling Thermaltake Big Typhoon
Memory 2x512MB GeIL
Video Card(s) ATI Radeon X800XL
Storage 2x80GB Western Digital
Display(s) HP vs17
Case SuperTalent
Audio Device(s) Soundblaster
Power Supply Ultra X-Finity 500 Watt
Do you have a recovery software that came w/ the laptop? It usually lets you recover to factory settings.

i_am_mustang_man

Processor AMD X2 AM2+
Memory 2GB DDR2
Video Card(s) 7900gto
Storage 80GB+120GB 7200RPM IDE + 250GB SATA2 + 500GB SATA2
Display(s) 26" 1920x1200
Case Antec Nine Hundred
Audio Device(s) OnBoard
Power Supply Ultra 600W with X-Connect
Software Vista Ultimate
i got the same one. locate it, (i think windows/system32 or somthing) do a system restore to apoint before you had the virus, and then delete the file, as well as anything with a similar timestamp. sysrestore deletes the registry key that it's using to control everything from the get go.

you said that you can only access in dos. you mean access the file, or do anything? if you can only use dos, the above way wont' work. in which case get a 2.5->3.5 ide adapter and plug your notebook hdd into a pc as a secondary drive, and then delete everything with a similar time stamp. if these don't work, i'm spent. those always work for me.

Azn Tr14dZ

Processor AMD Athlon 64 3200+
Motherboard DFI LanParty nf4 Ultra-D
Cooling Thermaltake Big Typhoon
Memory 2x512MB GeIL
Video Card(s) ATI Radeon X800XL
Storage 2x80GB Western Digital
Display(s) HP vs17
Case SuperTalent
Audio Device(s) Soundblaster
Power Supply Ultra X-Finity 500 Watt
That's what I do, with Norton. Lets say I got a virus about 5min. ago, I restore about 10 minutes before that. or the beginning of the day to be safe.

Greaslog

I do not have the recovery CD of the laptop. Also the computer does not recognize any of its drives except C for now. I tries to format the C from the DOS, but still refusing asking for drive size !. For a moment, I thought a hammer would smash the problem for Good. But thats what the crooks who created the atmclk want. I wish people like those drop dead. till then I still need a solution.
I tried to netweok the laptop with the desktop using a crossover RJ45, but the laptop simply no more recognizing any connection.

i_am_mustang_man

Processor AMD X2 AM2+
Memory 2GB DDR2
Video Card(s) 7900gto
Storage 80GB+120GB 7200RPM IDE + 250GB SATA2 + 500GB SATA2
Display(s) 26" 1920x1200
Case Antec Nine Hundred
Audio Device(s) OnBoard
Power Supply Ultra 600W with X-Connect
Software Vista Ultimate
run the hdd as a secondayr on someone elses pc. thats sounds like the only thing to do from here. then del the file that way. make sure you activate (or something, i forget the exact term) from the menu in : control panel-administrative tools-computermanagement (local)-storage-disk management so that you can access the drive. keep us posted

VAN.HALEN

Van Halen To The Rescue

Hey How You All Doing, Not Very Good With That Fucking Virus Right, Hahaha
Well I'm Here To Help Ya All, I Got Many Problems With That Fucking Virus And After Trying To Clean My Computer With Antiviruses And Antispyware But None Of Those Worked So I Decided To Take Care Of That Shit By Myself, So I'll Help Ya With It
1) The First Thing You Need To Do Is To Get "windows Defender" It Is Optional But Might Help Ya If You Got It

2) Now Fun Begins, Go To "folder Options" Then "view" Now Uncheck The Box Of "use Simple File Sharing" Now By Doing So You're Gonna Have A New Tab Called "security" On Any File You Want Just Right Click On Any File And There It Will Be, Now Let's Fuck This Virus,

3)find The Files "atmclk.exe, Regperf.exe, Dcomcfg.exe" These Are The Files That Are Fucking You're Computer By Sending You Ponr Websites And Other Shit , These Files Are Gonna Be Located In The "system32" <"""usually""> They Were In That Folder When I Find Them Any Way Use Command Prompt To Find Them.
Now, Let's Begin With Atmclk.exe ,right Click On It And Go To The Security Tab And Deny The Right To The System And Boys I'm Tell Ya ""all The Rights"" And To Any Other User As Well Except For You "in Other Words, Deny The Rights To Any Username Including The System "it Is The Most Important",and To A File With A Weird Name That Has Numbers That You're Gonna Find But Do Not Do It With You're Username. <do This With The Three Files "atmclk.exe... Etc>
4)now Fun Begins, So To Windows Defender, Tools, Software Explorer, And It Is Gonna Show Ya All The Files In Your Taskbar Including "atmclk.exe N The Other 2"
Now Just Remove Them And Just To Make Sure Do It Also From The Taskbar Itself
Now I Kno I Know You're Gonna Say "but Dude Those Files Are Gonna Appear Again Well Guest What They Are Not If You Deny The Right To The System Because The System Is Not Gonna Be Allowed To "read,write And Even Execute" Those Files Now Just Reboot Up Your Computer And Ready You're Computer Is Not Gonna Execute Those Files Now Just Go To System32 And Delete Them "of Course If You Didn't Deny The Right Of Those Files To Yourself.

I'm Pretty Sure You'll Do It Good And It's Gonna Work With Other Viruses As Long As You Find The Name Of The File And Location.
Ooooohhh By The Way The Other Antispyware (spy Quake) And That Shit Just Uninstall It And Delete Their Folders From The "program Files" Folder

Done!!!!

Van Halen:: "look To The Sky Just Before You Die, It's The Last Time You Will

Sledgehammerhyena

Processor Intel Pentium 3
Motherboard Dunno.
Cooling A fan?
Memory Is this RAM? If so, 128 MB.
Video Card(s) 64 MB.
Storage 11 GB.
Display(s) Screen? Nup. Laptop.
Case Its a laptop dumbass.
Audio Device(s) ATI something-or-other.
Power Supply Dead (That is NOT a brand name) Battery, AC power
Software Random stuff I got off the net, Frontpage 2003, ahhhh......?
Try this. Simple, easy, no programs required!

What I did to get rid of the :mad: evil:mad: spyware:

I use XP Professional. Firstly I removed the SpyFalcon thing using "Add/Remove Programs". Then I logged out.

1. - I logged in and immediately pressed ctrl + alt + del and clicked on the task manager option.

2. - I waited until the processes that are associated appeared. (dcomcfg.exe, regperf.exe, atmclk.exe)

3. - I then right clicked on them and chose "End Process Tree".

4. - That fixed them straight up. I was then free to delete them from the system32 folder and the registry and "POOF" they were gone.

NOTES: When waiting for the processes to appear, the main thing to look out for is regperf.exe. That is the process that you want to end mainly. Beware though. It will dissapear in a short amout of time and then it is too late. You will have to log in and out again for a second attempt.