• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

ATT U-Verse, Any good for gaming?

System Name Dell inspiron 5570
Processor Intel® Core™ i7-7500U Processor
Motherboard Dell Inc.
Memory SK Hynix 4GB DDR4 SDRAM PC4-19200
Video Card(s) Intel(R) HD Graphics 620
Storage Intel Optane+932GBHDD w/ External Crucial M500 240GB ssd
Display(s) 15.6" w/ Extended display Samsung 27"
Audio Device(s) Realtek Audio
Mouse ONN Wireless
Software Microsoft Windows 10 Home (x64)
Benchmark Scores HaHa yeah right :p
Yea the modem is not my problem.

My internet slows down and the modem drops out and resets itself over and over at peak hours.

It works pretty good except at the times i want to game.

How can i get the cable company to fix it?

I had them over here twice in 2 weeks and all they do is check the line and modem even after i tell them what the problem is.

Hey Asylum I had the same issues just like you for quite a while. It started October of last year and was April when it was fixed. This is very frustrating but you have to keep on them. Treat it like anything you bought that was problematic. (like a car /truck) You need it you want it and your paying for it. You wouldn't just lose your ass on a 1yr old vehicle purchase, you would be on the company and stay on them to get it fixed. That is what you have to do from my experience. First have their techs actually seen the issue? I had to schedule them to come out after 4 or 5 PM here because it was flawless before then. They acted like I was the issue until I got their own tech to see the issue. I copied trace rt, ping tests and speed test results for 2 months to back me up. It was easier once I got one of their own to admit there was a issue on their end. Once he logged it in their system that there was a problem all I had to do was keep on them. After that is was getting a tech that actually cared. Several came out just to make an appearance. I kept calling and amazingly I kept getting tidbits of the truth until I found out the whole story. (over sold their capabilities, no nodes left ) Then I started calling and asking for managers names and looking up any phone numbers I could till I got high enough up the ladder that someone gave a damn. One place that got me some really good support was at dslreports .com . Many of the ISP providers actually have their own people available to help over there in the forums.

Going through the same ordeal I ended up with a new modem a new router my entire house inside and out all the way to the pole ran with the latest cable. Also I was credited for all the time since my first call reporting the issue until I said it was fixed.

The hardest part was being professional while still being firm about getting this resolved. Cursing hanging up etc on them does nothing good for you. Although I wanted to it paid off to be adult as possible. Just keep stirring the pot with higher up management till you get high enough he/she doesn't want to hear from you. My calls didn't fix my issue it was already in the works but the system became overloaded before the new trunk line was ran and the new load balancing software was implemented. My internet is now very stable and I actually get 11 down consistently on my 10 down package and no drops.

I used a cheap AT&T DSL package while it was being resolved.

Good luck

System Name Vegnagun
Processor Ryzen 5950x
Motherboard Asus B550 Gaming-E
Cooling Noctua NH-U14
Memory 4x8 G. Skill 3800mhz CL14
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
Storage WD SN850 2tb
Display(s) Viotek 1080p 120hz
Case Fractal Design Define 7
Power Supply Corsair AX850
Mouse Logitech
Keyboard Logitech 815 tactile
Software Windows 10 Education
Benchmark Scores top 1% in the world for weekly score in Killzone 2 :)
I had U-verse for years. Its fine for gaming......when it runs. I will never have ANYTHING AT&T again.

THANK YOU for saying that. ATT was by far one of the worst companies I have ever dealt with. The only way I would go back to them is if they paid me to use their service.

System Name Money Hole
Processor Core i7 970
Motherboard Asus P6T6 WS Revolution
Cooling Noctua UH-D14
Memory 2133Mhz 12GB (3x4GB) Mushkin 998991
Video Card(s) Sapphire Tri-X OC R9 290X
Storage Samsung 1TB 850 Evo
Display(s) 3x Acer KG240A 144hz
Case CM HAF 932
Audio Device(s) ADI (onboard)
Power Supply Enermax Revolution 85+ 1050w
Mouse Logitech G602
Keyboard Logitech G710+
Software Windows 10 Professional x64
interesting. they're actually rolling out FTTH (called the NBN) here in AU.

Yea the give away is the cabinet sits on top of what appears to be concrete slab. The concrete slab is really a building that is about 6 stories tall, all underground. It houses all the electronics to control everything to and from that location.

Before ATT split in to 3 divisions in the mid 90s, what ended up becoming Lucent Technologies was the manufacturing arm of ATT. My dad worked at the location in Kansas City before they closed it down, but that was one of the things that location worked on (him being an Electrical Engineer) and manufactured.