• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Audio-Technica Debuts its QuietPoint ATH-ANC300TW Truly Wireless Noise-Cancelling In-Ear Headphones

VSG

Editor, Reviews & News
Staff member
Audio-Technica is introducing its ATH-ANC300TW truly wireless in-ear headphones, which combine Audio-Technica's next-generation truly wireless technology with newly-designed digital hybrid active noise-cancelling (ANC) electronics. The result is improved high-fidelity sound and superior noise cancelling performance, all without requiring any connecting wires.

The Audio-Technica ATH-ANC300TW (SRP: US$249.00) utilizes digital hybrid noise cancellation. In this design, the ANC mics are located both in front of and behind the driver, with one of the ANC mics mounted in a unique horizontal configuration within the sound chamber. This allows the location of the driver and geometry of the chamber to be optimized for an ideal balance of ambient noise reduction and audio performance. The ATH-ANC300TW's 5.8 mm drivers feature a diamond-like carbon coated diaphragm that combines light weight with rigidity for faster response time and reduced distortion, along with powerful, impactful sound with generous bass response and improved high-frequency extension and clarity.

The ATH-ANC300TW features an easy to use control system that makes it simple and convenient for the listener to control volume and music playback with compatible devices. The headphones support Bluetooth 5.0 and are compatible with aptX and AAC (as well as SBC) codecs for the best-possible wireless audio reproduction. A useful quick hear-through function allows some ambient sound to be heard if the listener wants to be aware of his or her outside environment. The ATH-ANC300TW also features Qualcomm TrueWireless Stereo Plus, a special low-latency function that ensures that users can stream audio with no disruption and a stable connection.

The ATH-ANC300TW offers up 4.5 hours of music on a single charge and its compact protective carrying case also serves as a charger to provide an additional 13.5 hours of use.The headphones come with XS, S, M and L-sized eartips and a USB-C charging cable. The ATH-ANC300TW's operation can be customized using the Audio-Technica Connect smartphone app for iOS and Android. The Audio-Technica ATH-ANC300TW will be available in spring 2020.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

TheLostSwede

News Editor
System Name Overlord Mk MLI
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard Gigabyte X670E Aorus Master
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 SE with offsets
Memory 32GB Team T-Create Expert DDR5 6000 MHz @ CL30-34-34-68
Video Card(s) Gainward GeForce RTX 4080 Phantom GS
Storage 1TB Solidigm P44 Pro, 2 TB Corsair MP600 Pro, 2TB Kingston KC3000
Display(s) Acer XV272K LVbmiipruzx 4K@160Hz
Case Fractal Design Torrent Compact
Audio Device(s) Corsair Virtuoso SE
Power Supply be quiet! Pure Power 12 M 850 W
Mouse Logitech G502 Lightspeed
Keyboard Corsair K70 Max
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores https://valid.x86.fr/5za05v
Why do all of these have such awkward designs? My partner bought herself a pair of Sony wf-1000xm3's and although she really likes them, I can't make them fit in my ears properly.
Considering you need a tight seal with the silicon tips of these to make them work properly, with or without additional noise cancelling, I would've thought the headphone companies would try a bit harder work a more universal fit. Or maybe I just have weirdly shaped ears?

VSG

Editor, Reviews & News
Staff member
Why do all of these have such awkward designs? My partner bought herself a pair of Sony wf-1000xm3's and although she really likes them, I can't make them fit in my ears properly.
Considering you need a tight seal with the silicon tips of these to make them work properly, with or without additional noise cancelling, I would've thought the headphone companies would try a bit harder work a more universal fit. Or maybe I just have weirdly shaped ears?

I have a couple of such true wireless earbuds here (not this one specifically), and they are mostly pretty good in terms of fitting if the provided set of tips work out. There are some companies such as Acouva that go the extra mile with inner ear sealing tips, but they tend to also be more expensive and offer specialized parts for applications such as audio amplification for hearing aids etc.

Processor RyZen R9 3950X
Motherboard ASRock X570 Taichi
Cooling Coolermaster Master Liquid ML240L RGB
Memory 64GB DDR4 3200 (4x16GB)
Video Card(s) RTX 3050
Storage Samsung 2TB SSD
Display(s) Asus VE276Q, VE278Q and VK278Q triple 27” 1920x1080
Case Zulman MS800
Audio Device(s) On Board
Power Supply Seasonic 650W
VR HMD Oculus Rift, Oculus Quest V1, Oculus Quest 2
Software Windows 11 64bit
Yeah, I agree there should be something more akin to a universal fit designed. I've always thought that such in-ear deigns should be more like those soft tip earplugs. You know the kind that you have to roll into a quasi thin cylinder and then insert into the ear, at which point they inflate to their normal size for a custom fit.

I find that when you just push something in your ear you can get good results but there are times when it is a bit off the sweet spot.

Wow, I see what you guys are talking about with the shape of these...they look awfully uncomfortable. My Jabra Elite Sports fit pretty well into my ears and I have forgotten I was even wearing them sometimes. I was maybe wanting to try something new from a good company like Audio-Technica but I don't think so after seeing the shape. I'd have to try them out first though..

VSG

Editor, Reviews & News
Staff member
Wow, I see what you guys are talking about with the shape of these...they look awfully uncomfortable. My Jabra Elite Sports fit pretty well into my ears and I have forgotten I was even wearing them sometimes. I was maybe wanting to try something new from a good company like Audio-Technica but I don't think so after seeing the shape. I'd have to try them out first though..

I have their recently released CK3TW in my ears right now, and they are pretty comfortable. I did swap out the default tips to a smaller version that was provided with the box, though. Creative's Outlier Gold have been the most comfy for me so far.

truly wireless = we did not pay Bluetooth licence, so we can't use the name or the logo.