• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Audio-Technica Debuts New Wireless High-end Personal Audio at CES 2019

btarunr

Editor & Senior Moderator
Staff member
System Name RBMK-1000
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B450-E Gaming
Cooling DeepCool Gammax L240 V2
Memory 2x 8GB G.Skill Sniper X
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GameRock
Storage Western Digital Black NVMe 512GB
Display(s) BenQ 1440p 60 Hz 27-inch
Case Corsair Carbide 100R
Audio Device(s) ASUS SupremeFX S1220A
Power Supply Cooler Master MWE Gold 650W
Mouse ASUS ROG Strix Impact
Keyboard Gamdias Hermes E2
Software Windows 11 Pro
At CES 2019 Audio-Technica is exhibiting an unprecedented number of new products. The wide variety of products on exhibit include the company's standard-setting ATH-M50xBT wireless studio monitor headphones, an all-new turntable lineup, the new top-of-the-line QuietPoint ATH-ANC900BT wireless noise-cancelling headphones and much more. The recently introduced ATH-M50xBT wireless over-ear headphones (SRP: US$199, available now) bring Bluetooth wireless technology to one of the world's most acclaimed pro audio and consumer headphones, the ATH-M50x. The ATH-M50xBT offers the same sonic signature that has made the ATH-M50x an audio industry standard, along with the convenience of on-the-go wireless operation.

The closed-back ATH-M50xBT's 45 mm large-aperture driver, rare-earth magnets and copper-clad aluminum wire (CCAW) voice coils deliver studio-quality sonic accuracy and musical enjoyment. The ATH-M50xBT utilizes Bluetooth 5.0 and is compatible with aptX and AAC codecs for the best-possible wireless audio reproduction. Controls mounted on the left earcup provide easy handling of phone calls and music listening. An internal battery provides up to 40 hours on a full charge, and the headphones can also be used in wired mode. Like all of Audio-Technica's new wireless headphones, the ATH-M50xBT is compatible with Audio-Technica's new Connect smartphone app, which provides an array of convenient tools and features.

At CES 2019 Audio-Technica is introducing an all-new turntable lineup, including professional home/DJ, wireless and fully-automatic models and the company's first-ever turntable and headphones bundle, the AT-LP60XHP. All offer a host of upgrades, come with high-quality phono cartridges and feature sleeker, updated styling in a variety of finishes and colors. The new turntables include the following:
  • AT-LPW40WN manual belt-drive with wood finish (SRP: US$299.00)
  • AT-LPW30TK manual belt-drive with wood finish (SRP: US$249.00)
  • AT-LP140XP direct-drive for professional DJ/home use (SRP: US$399.00)
  • AT-LP120XUSB direct-drive for professional/home use with USB (SRP: US$249.00)
  • AT-LP60XHP fully-automatic turntable/headphones bundle (SRP: US$129.00)
  • AT-LP60XBT fully-automatic wireless belt-drive with Bluetooth (SRP: US$149.00)
  • AT-LP60XUSB fully-automatic belt-drive with USB (SRP: US$129.00)
  • AT-LP60X fully-automatic belt-drive (SRP: US$99.00)

All the new models (except the AT-LP140XP) have a built-in phono preamp which allows them to be used with a wide variety of audio systems and components. All also come with a dust-cover, cables, stereo RCA output jacks (allowing the use of separate RCA cables of the user's choice) and accessories. The new turntables will be available in early 2019.

The AT-LPW40WN and AT-LPW30TK manual belt-drive turntables are unlike any previously offered by Audio-Technica, with their striking wood finishes, elegant design and straight-line tonearms. The AT-LP140XP professional DJ turntable is designed to deliver exceptional sound quality and unmatched reliability. Audio-Technica's AT-LP120XUSB is an update of the acclaimed AT-LP120-USB with upgrades including a new DC servo direct-drive motor, damped base construction for improved sonics and other refinements. In addition, Audio-Technica has upgraded its entry-level turntable lineup with the introduction of the AT-LP60XHP turntable and headphones bundle, the AT-LP60XBT wireless turntable, the AT-LP60XUSB with USB output and the AT-LP60X.

Audio-Technica is expanding its QuietPoint wireless active noise-cancelling headphones lineup with its new top-of-the-line over-ear ATH-ANC900BT, plus the over-ear ATH-ANC500BT and in-ear ATH-ANC100BT. The ATH-ANC900BT (SRP: US$299.00, available Spring 2019) features Audio-Technica's new digital hybrid active noise cancellation (ANC) technology, which uses multiple microphones and exclusive digital feedback and feed-forward noise-isolation techniques including to deliver the highest degree of ambient noise reduction of any QuietPoint model, along with exceptional Hi-Res, aptX and Bluetooth 5.0-compatible audio quality. It provides up to 35 hours battery life when fully charged.

The over-ear ATH-ANC500BT offers exceptional value (SRP:US$99.00, available Spring 2019) and features 40 mm drivers for clear, impactful audio. The ATH-ANC500BT offers up to 20 hours of continuous wireless use and like the ATH-ANC900BT, can be used in wired as well as wireless mode. The ATH-ANC100BT (SRP: US$99.00, available Spring 2019) offers outstanding noise-cancelling and wireless audio performance in an attractive, comfortable pendant-type in-ear design with an in-line mic and controls.

Audio-Technica's Sound Reality ATH-CKR7TW and Sonic Sport ATH-SPORT7TW true wireless in-ear headphones (both now shipping) incorporate the company's new true wireless technology, which eliminates all connecting wires for completely cord-free listening. Both models come with a combination charging and carrying case, ear pieces and accessories.

The ATH-CRK7TW's sleek design and interchangeable 3D Loop Support provide a discreet yet secure in-ear fit. The ATH-CKR7TW (SRP: US$249.00) employs 11 mm DLC (diamond-like carbon) drivers, a high-quality D/A converter/amplifier and other refinements and is compatible with Bluetooth 5.0, aptX and other codecs for superior wireless audio reproduction. The ATH-SPORT7TW (SRP: US$199.00) fitness-oriented headphones feature a stay-in-place fit and are IPX5 sweat-resistant-rated. It has compact ear pieces with ergonomic Freebit ear fins for stability and comfort even during intense workouts. The ATH-SPORT7W also provides a switchable ambient hear-through function that gives wearers the choice of hearing environmental sounds for safer use outdoors.

At CES 2019 Audio-Technica is also showcasing its Sound Reality ATH-SR50BT and ATH-SR30BT premium wireless headphones, (SRP: US$199.00, US$99.00, available January 2019) which feature Audio-Technica's latest advancements in Bluetooth 5.0 audio and rechargeable battery technology. The ATH-SR50BT has a noise-reduction mode that minimizes environmental sounds, and a switchable ambient noise hear-through function. The ATH-SR30BT is the perfect traveling companion, thanks to its extended 70 hour battery life and superior audio quality. Also available are the ATH-SR50 on-ear wired headphones (SRP: US$159.00, available January 2019), which offer exceptional Hi-Res audio playback thanks to 45 mm True Motion drivers, a balanced audio connection and other high-performance features.

The recently introduced VM95 Series of high-value moving-magnet phono cartridges offers vinyl enthusiasts an affordable way to enjoy high-quality record playback. The series also includes the AT-VM95E, the next-generation of Audio-Technica's AT95E cartridge that has been acclaimed by reviewers and listeners worldwide as the finest entry-level phono cartridge ever produced.

The six VM95 Series models (SRP: from US$34.00 to US$199.00, currently available) feature Audio-Technica's patented Dual Magnet design, which duplicates the "V"-shaped arrangement of the magnets in a cutter head to provide superior channel separation, stereo imaging, frequency response and tracking. All have removable styli and the same body design, enabling vinyl enthusiasts to interchange and upgrade any VM95 cartridge with any VM95 stylus type.

CES 2019 marks the debut of three premium audiophile headphones: the over-ear ATH-AP2000Ti, the new flagship in-ear ATH-CK2000Ti and the in-ear ATH-CM2000Ti. All feature a host of Audio-Technica's latest engineering and materials technologies to deliver extraordinary sonic accuracy and musical involvement.

The ATH-AP2000Ti, ATH-CK2000Ti and ATH-CM2000Ti employ driver diaphragms with a DLC coating and a Permendur magnetic circuit, to deliver exceptional musical detail, ultra-fast transient response and powerful dynamic impact. For all three models, the drivers are mounted in lightweight yet rigid titanium housings to attenuate unwanted resonances for maximum sonic purity. All the headphones are Hi-Res Audio compatible.

The headphones incorporate Audio-Technica's A2DC (Audio-Designed Detachable Coaxial) jack that can be used with the included detachable 3.5 mm stereo mini-plug and 4.4 mm balanced mini-plug cables. Each is supplied with a hard carrying case.

The closed-back ATH-AP2000Ti (SRP: US$1,250.00, available January 2019) utilizes large-diameter 53 mm drivers and features Audio-Technica's Core Mount Technology (CMT), which positions the driver's voice coil in the middle of its housing so that the acoustic space is balanced in both the front and the back of the driver. This configuration facilitates highly transparent midrange and high frequency reproduction and a Double Air Damping System (D.A.D.S.) yields improved bass extension and detail.

Audio-Technica's new top-of-the-line in-ear ATH-CK2000Ti (SRP: US$750.00, available January 2019) is the finest in-ear model ever offered by the company. It utilizes dual-phase push-pull DLC drivers of different diameters that face each other but are wired out of phase, which provides lower harmonic distortion along with improved bass control and better high-frequency response. The new ATH-CM2000Ti (SRP: US$400.00, available January 2019) delivers superlative Hi-Res audio reproduction in a compact, attractive in-ear design.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

System Name Cyberline
Processor Intel Core i7 2600k -> 12600k
Motherboard Asus P8P67 LE Rev 3.0 -> Gigabyte Z690 Auros Elite DDR4
Cooling Tuniq Tower 120 -> Custom Watercoolingloop
Memory Corsair (4x2) 8gb 1600mhz -> Crucial (8x2) 16gb 3600mhz
Video Card(s) AMD RX480 -> ... nope still the same :'(
Storage Samsung 750 Evo 250gb SSD + WD 1tb x 2 + WD 2tb -> 2tb MVMe SSD
Display(s) Philips 32inch LPF5605H (television) -> Dell S3220DGF
Case antec 600 -> Thermaltake Tenor HTCP case
Audio Device(s) Focusrite 2i4 (USB)
Power Supply Seasonic 620watt 80+ Platinum
Mouse Elecom EX-G
Keyboard Rapoo V700
Software Windows 10 Pro 64bit

Solaris17

Super Dainty Moderator
Staff member
System Name Rocinante
Processor I9 14900KS
Motherboard EVGA z690 Dark KINGPIN (modded BIOS)
Cooling EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB
Memory 64GB Gskill Trident Z5 DDR5 6000 @6400
Video Card(s) MSI SUPRIM Liquid X 4090
Storage 1x 500GB 980 Pro | 1x 1TB 980 Pro | 1x 8TB Corsair MP400
Display(s) Odyssey OLED G9 G95SC
Case Lian Li o11 Evo Dynamic White
Audio Device(s) Moondrop S8's on Schiit Hel 2e
Power Supply Bequiet! Power Pro 12 1500w
Mouse Lamzu Atlantis mini (White)
Keyboard Monsgeek M3 Lavender, Akko Crystal Blues
VR HMD Quest 3
Software Windows 11
Benchmark Scores I dont have time for that.
Love my audio technicas.

Ermm yet when you look up any review site I have never seen any company named "real blue" but I have seen Audio Technica on the list often enough sooooo yeah

Look again. Real blue is the name of the headset. Company name is Teufel. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Teufel_(manufacturer)

Well known audio brand in Europe. One of the best price performance high fidelity audio companies. Here is one of many reviews of the headset. https://www.hifi-journal.de/testber...el-real-blue-teufel-real-blue-nc-test?start=3

Last edited:
Low quality post by sszorin

sszorin

These have way better audio fidelity than anything Audio-Technica has ever offered and are actually still made in Germany not some cheap China sweatshop:

https://www.teufelaudio.com/headphones/real-blue-nc-p16586.html
"These have way better audio fidelity than anything Audio-Technica has ever offered.."

This is an utterly ridiculous statement. How do you know that ?
How many Audio-Technicas are you familiar with ? I would bet you have not even seen A-T's top range of headphones.
What do you know about how to evaluate headphones ?
Do you get paid for propagating your ridiculous claim ?
By the way, I can not find a decent review of Teufel headphones. All I see on the internet is sales talk.

Solaris17

Super Dainty Moderator
Staff member
System Name Rocinante
Processor I9 14900KS
Motherboard EVGA z690 Dark KINGPIN (modded BIOS)
Cooling EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB
Memory 64GB Gskill Trident Z5 DDR5 6000 @6400
Video Card(s) MSI SUPRIM Liquid X 4090
Storage 1x 500GB 980 Pro | 1x 1TB 980 Pro | 1x 8TB Corsair MP400
Display(s) Odyssey OLED G9 G95SC
Case Lian Li o11 Evo Dynamic White
Audio Device(s) Moondrop S8's on Schiit Hel 2e
Power Supply Bequiet! Power Pro 12 1500w
Mouse Lamzu Atlantis mini (White)
Keyboard Monsgeek M3 Lavender, Akko Crystal Blues
VR HMD Quest 3
Software Windows 11
Benchmark Scores I dont have time for that.
/Just bought and got in the ATH-SR50BT in gray/brown. Really cool. I needed something for work when im more mobile and didnt really like my wifes beats or how little the ear cup is on the skull candys I tried.

The only other AT stuff I own as far as headsets are analogue M50Xs for my KB and my ATH-AG1s for my desktop and im floored at the crazy tech in BT headsets.

active NC is straight magic imo.