1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

AUKEY KM-G3 Keyboard

Discussion in 'Reviews' started by davido_labido, Dec 5, 2016.

1. davido_labido

davido_labido

Thanks Received:
    AUKEY is a brand I have seen a lot on Amazon, mainly selling power banks and USB hubs. They have now decided to break into the peripheral market with a very affordable mechanical keyboard.

To read this review go to: https://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/AUKEY/KM-G3/

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 29, 2016
    AsRock and manofthem say thanks.
  2. Chaitanya

Chaitanya

Thanks Received:
    One more con: No palmrest . how hard is it to add a simple palm rest? I dont care much about the media keys or software but there must be some sort of palmrest included with keyboards. my gigabyte K85 didnt come with one so i had to spend a day in workshop carving and polishing one out of wood.

3. tomkaten

tomkaten

Thanks Received:
    Typing this on my KM-G3 :)

Bought mine on Amazon.it for 50 euro, a very good price, about a month ago. Been pretty happy with it, switches are a bit loud, but I ordered a set of O-Rings as well, waiting for them to arrive.

It's actually this keyboard, rebranded by Aukey.

AsRock says thanks.
  4. matteo New Member

Thanks Received:
    I bought a MechanicalEagle z-77 rgb, very similar to this one, that keyb have the same switches as this one, its fully rgb and have a detachable palm rest, and for about 60 euros you get it.
    There is also a smaller version without the keypad and its just 40, but it doesnt have rgb colors just a rainbow effect, but it's very cheap.
    The only downside, at least for me, it's the us layout. I mean it's not bad, but you need to get used to it, especially for the enter button.

5. davido_labido

davido_labido

Thanks Received:
    wrist/palm rests are very subjective, a lot of people don't use them or care about them.

AsRock and Chaitanya say thanks.
  6. mrw1986

mrw1986

Thanks Received:
    Bought my KM-G3 from Sneekpeet here, this keyboard is amazing. Not quite as good as my K95 RGB, but for the price it can't be beat.

7. Apocalypsee

Thanks Received:
    There is a lot of rebrands of these in the Chinese market. I got one of these under the name LingYi Black Widow (I wonder where they got that name from) with the same switch. They are quite good but I shouldn't bought blue switches since is very loud, my wife hates it so I sold it back after few hours of use and use my trusty CM Storm QuickFire Cherry MX Black switch.

10 Year Member at TPU
  8. Carolcantdrive New Member

Thanks Received:
    I like the quality of the AUKEY products I have. BUT I recently discovered, unless you buy DIRECT from them through Amazon, they give you no warranty. Very short sighted for a manufacturer not to honor it's product warranties. A company unfortunately best AVOIDED.