1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Auzentech is a slam mutherFin dunk.

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by xmarine0311, Aug 28, 2007.

1. xmarine0311 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Zero problems installing, tight fit on motherboard. Only beefs are that my xfi platinum aux bay thingy wont match up with the pins on the card:cry: . Sound is AMAZING, anyone who says there is no diff between this and audigys' and other low price cards is NUTS. I havent run it long enough to say the infamous crackle and pop bug has been killed. All together this card FRIKIN ROCKS:rockout::rockout::rockout:

2. xmarine0311 New Member

Thanks Received:
    oh and yes it beats the shit out of my old x-fi platinum.....

3. HellasVagabond New Member

Thanks Received:
    Unless you have professional audio equipment to measure in what exactly it beats the Xfi platinum i doubt you can say for sure.

4. DaMulta

DaMulta My stars went supernova

Thanks Received:
    My X-Fi made those SCP sounds on my 580x board so I had to sell it.....I would of never sold seeing that I paid 240USD for it. I only got 115 back for half a year of use:(

I want one of these. I just want to make sure the SCP is gone.

10 Year Member at TPU
  5. niko084

niko084

Thanks Received:
    They use higher grade capacitors I wouldn't doubt with a high end pair speakers/headphones and the right ear could hear a very apparent difference...

Good vs Mediocre Capacitors make a big difference when matched to good equipment and a picky ear.

6. Specsaver New Member

Thanks Received:
    Auzentech Prelude IS X-Fi with higher specd components and runs on Creative written drivers so what's the point?

10 Year Member at TPU
  7. HellasVagabond New Member

Thanks Received:
    The only difference people that have even changed the capacitors on the X-Fi is that the crackling sounds are gone...But in some rigs the crackling sounds never exist like in mine.
    It has nothing to do with better sound quality.

8. niko084

niko084

Thanks Received:
    Obviously your knowledge in high end audio components is limited. Read about voltage regulation and power conditioning in amplifiers :)

9. Chewy

Chewy New Member

Thanks Received:
    well I thikn he means for music sound quality.. it should have the same sound as the merdian card they pushed out that sounded amazing from all the reviews... gaming I think it would be the same if not aboout the same as a regular x-fi.

10 Year Member at TPU
  10. kwchang007

kwchang007 New Member

Thanks Received:
    If it's true that it has better capacitors it should have a better sound. By going on what I know about psus....better capacitors would mean the signal is cleaner and more true than worse capacitors. If that's not true....then I have no clue why capacitors would provide a better sound.

11. niko084

niko084

Thanks Received:
    You hit it dead on the nose, also better caps also reject noise from outside, which obviously inside a computer case can become an issue.

12. kwchang007

kwchang007 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Ah forgot about the noise thing. That's right, one of the big reasons for going dedicated sound card instead of integrated (talking about cheap sound cards, not the really nice ones)

13. Chewy

Chewy New Member

Thanks Received:
    grats to xmarine for buying the best all around available sound card on the market!

mine works great but I wish I had yours! lol

10 Year Member at TPU
  14. Sovereign

Sovereign New Member

Thanks Received:
    I'd have to agree although my gripe is that everytime someone mentions the slightest negative about Creative, or happens to praise one of it's competitors, you'll find good ol' Hellas taking up the Creative banner... :rolleyes:

15. niko084

niko084

Thanks Received:
    Yes sound among many other things has many fans or critics of certain products...

Although I may not be the worlds biggest fan of creative *and I'm not*, they are masters of their product, they have their downsides also but, when it comes to a cross between great gaming and good sound they can't really be beat.. Driver issues or not...

Now me, I chose to give up the best gaming performance for the "better" sound quality, I can't say the best because I refuse to pay as much for a sound card as a nice main amp that sounds 10x better and puts out 1000x the power :)

16. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    I'd get one if I wasn't so darn pleased with my 24-bit Audigy. I just use headphones, but when I decide to get a home theater setup it's going to be Auzentech all the way.

10 Year Member at TPU
  17. xmarine0311 New Member

Thanks Received:
    I have ears, and I can hear all kinds of stuff I couldnt before in ARMA. Such as dragonflies buzzing around me.

18. Steevo

Steevo

Thanks Received:
    I notice the largest difference in sound going from ANY pc system, to my home theater. Even left digital, toslink to my Harman Kardon reciever from my PC sounds like crap. What doesn't is from my CD player or DVD player, but even the DVD player sound a bit off compared to a good quality CD player, toslink connection there too.

10 Year Member at TPU 10 Million points folded for TPU
  19. HellasVagabond New Member

Thanks Received:
    We ARE talking about a Card that uses a chip made by CREATIVE are we not ? I think that in the long run what matters is that Auzentech had no competitor to the X-Fi thus needed to borrow technology from Creative. As for beeing a fanboy of Creative i am not it just comes natural to like a company which made sound be what it is now.

20. niko084

niko084

Thanks Received:
    Eh... They made games what they are now....

They hold nothing in the big "sound" picture.

21. HellasVagabond New Member

Thanks Received:
    Well i was talking about games....I am a gamer as are almost all people in here, i couldnt care less about pro audio. However Creative cards have been used by Pros and studios over the years.

22. Judas

Judas

Thanks Received:
    Some proof of this would be nice ;)

10 Year Member at TPU
  23. mysticjon New Member

Thanks Received:
    im not that knowledgeable about sound quality, though i have the cards to see the difference, i have an old soundblaster audigy 2, soundblaster audigy x-fi platinum, sound blaster x-fi fatal1ty, and the Auzentech, well obviously the audigy 2 is no were close to the newer soundcards, but i would say my audigy 2 has been through more physical abuse than the others, my dog pissed on it, spilled jello that eventually got sticky and then dried up. the audigy 2 is better in durability, but im still trying to see the difference between the newer cards, though x-fi platinum does sound kinda 'dry' when playing certain songs, while the fatal1ty seems a lot clear and even when playing games with 5.1 setup, but the auzentech sounds the same to me. i hear a tiny bit of crackeling but thats only when i use guitar pro 5 with their rse crap

10 Year Member at TPU
  24. niko084

niko084

Thanks Received:
    Used in home studios yes...

Professional big business studios Creative is not seen.... In fact being a person who is building a home based studio I am going to buy an E-mu 1212m here in about 2 weeks. This card yes the company is owned by creative, but they kinda run their own game, and these are nothing like creatives line of cards. And even in higher end home based studios people are ditching them for M-Audios and a few others which are indeed harder to use and require other expensive software. Ups and downs.

A lot of small time bands, groups and people who play use Creative cards that is for sure, their software is very well supported, and is pretty easy to get used to.

25. xmarine0311 New Member

Thanks Received:
    And how the hell am I supposed to do that???