• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Avg 8

Sorry if there is a thread on this already.

Any one tried AVG 8? Just downloaded the trial and i think its a lot more refined than the free AVG 7.5.
The Internet Security option is what im talking about as it includes all the features of Anti Virus plus extras.

The update includes everything, the firewall is easy to set up and has a gaming option, when each application is opened it asks you spybot style to allow or disable is and has a permanent option, finds a lot more virus ect.

The included software is
Anti Virus-Rootkit-Spyware, Firewall, System Tools, Anti Spam, Email Scanner, Web Shield and Resident shield.

Its quite a good package i dont plan on buying it tho.

Internet Security package is $54.99 which is about £30 in UK, well it is about the same cost as a pc game so it is cheap but i can get all my anti virus protection for free just now.

The Single Anti Virus is only $34.99 but it is still only $20 cheaper than the whole Internet Security.

Id recommend this for users wanting a whole complete package and want to pay for the support ect and id recommend it for business and network users. For home office users there is still the Free AVG 7.5 and it is almost as good if you combo it with a good firewall and spyware.

I recommend trying the trial even if you dont plan on buying it.

A

Azazel

i tried it..it was good...but man..it slows down the internet like crazy :) i use avast now and comodo firewall :)