• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Azza Helios 910

Darksaber

Senior Editor & Case Reviewer
Staff member
System Name Meshlicious Monster
Processor Intel Core i5-10600T
Motherboard MSI Z490I Unify
Cooling NZXT Kraken Z53 with 2x Noctua Redux 1300 RPM PWM fans
Memory ADATA 16 GB 3200 Mhz DDR4
Video Card(s) MSI GeForce RTX 3070 Gaming X Trio
Storage TeamGroup 1TB NVMe SSD
Display(s) Asus ProArt 27" 1440P, 75Hz
Case ssupd Meshlicious with mesh side panels
Power Supply Fractal Design Ion 660 W Platinum ATX
Mouse Corsair Dark Core RGB Pro Wireless
Keyboard Microsoft Sidewinder X4 Keyboard
Software Windows 10 Home
The Helios 910 is a simple but sturdy chassis with nine external drive bays up front. It features an all black interior with a menacing looking 230 mm side fan, which comes equipped with blue or red LEDs. Azza is aiming to offer you a useful set of features at a price that won't break your bank.

Show full review

Last edited by a moderator:
System Name Box
Processor AMD 720BE @ 3700MHz 1.4v
Motherboard Biostar TA790GX 128M
Cooling Arctic Cooling Freezer64 (I know I've had it years but it just works)
Memory Corsair 4 x 2Gb (8Gb DDR2)
Video Card(s) ATI HD4850 512Mb
Storage Samsung F3 1TB OS, Samsung F3 1TB Media
Display(s) 22" Belinea 1680 x 1050
Case Coolermaster HAF 922 (dusty)
Audio Device(s) Creative X-Fi Extreme Music
Power Supply Thermaltake TR2 550w
Software Windows 7-64
Benchmark Scores 8669 in Overdrive 3.0.2
see, this is why I love TPU - quality reviews from someone who thinks about using and living with the case. Some other sites don't even do a build - you know who you are...

Good work - keep it up

System Name The Dove Box Rev 3.0
Processor i7 8700k @ 4.7GHz
Motherboard Asus Maximus X APEX
Cooling Custom water loop
Memory 16GB 3600 MHz DDR4
Video Card(s) 2x MSI 780 Ti's in SLI
Storage 500GB Samsung 850 PCIe SSD, 4TB
Display(s) 27" Asus 144Hz
Case Enermax Fulmo GT
Audio Device(s) ON BOARD FTW
Power Supply Corsair 1200W
Keyboard Logitech G510
Software Win 10 64x
If our Graphic Cards can have Noise Level ratings I think our Case reviews should too. It's important to know/hear if a 230mm fan is truly quiet.

I think it could be a very crucial piece in the review process. But thats just my $0.02. :)

Keep the reviews coming!!! Great job all around!

System Name [Primary Workstation]
Processor Intel Core i7-920 Bloomfield @ 3.8GHz/4.55GHz [24-7/Bench]
Motherboard EVGA X58 E758-A1 [Tweaked right!]
Cooling Cooler Master V8 [stock fan + two 133CFM ULTRA KAZE fans]
Memory 12GB [Kingston HyperX]
Video Card(s) constantly upgrading/downgrading [prefer nVidia]
Storage constantly upgrading/downgrading [prefer Hitachi/Samsung]
Display(s) Triple LCD [40 inch primary + 32 & 28 inch auxiliary displays]
Case Cooler Master Cosmos 1000 [Mesh Mod, CFM Overload]
Audio Device(s) ASUS Xonar D1 + onboard Realtek ALC889A [Logitech Z-5300 Spk., Niko 650-HP 5.1 Hp., X-Bass Hp.]
Power Supply Corsair TX950W [aka Reactor]
Software This and that... [All software 100% legit and paid for, 0% pirated]
Benchmark Scores Ridiculously good scores!!!
Not a bad case and the review is pretty much spot-on, expect for the hard drive bays. I mean, it's 2010 and they are still doing these legacy front-to-back 3.5-inch hard drive bays? I saw this the other day in another fresh-to-market case from Silverstone. Once you realize how much easier it is to deal with drives once you go with a case that has side-to-side mountings (especially once you have the rest of the hardware set up) you can't go back to front-to-back setups.

I mean, lot of these manufacturers try everything to simplify front-to-back arrangements from cages to removable front covers, but nothing comes close to the ease-of-use that side-to-side mountings offer.

Does somebody actually hold a patent on such a design or something? I mean, that would explain a lot, since other than Cooler Master, Thermaltake, Ultra cases and maybe few others, side-to-side mountings are pretty rare.

Last edited:
System Name Box
Processor AMD 720BE @ 3700MHz 1.4v
Motherboard Biostar TA790GX 128M
Cooling Arctic Cooling Freezer64 (I know I've had it years but it just works)
Memory Corsair 4 x 2Gb (8Gb DDR2)
Video Card(s) ATI HD4850 512Mb
Storage Samsung F3 1TB OS, Samsung F3 1TB Media
Display(s) 22" Belinea 1680 x 1050
Case Coolermaster HAF 922 (dusty)
Audio Device(s) Creative X-Fi Extreme Music
Power Supply Thermaltake TR2 550w
Software Windows 7-64
Benchmark Scores 8669 in Overdrive 3.0.2
Not a bad case and the review is pretty much spot-on, expect for the hard drive bays. I mean, it's 2010 and they are still doing these legacy front-to-back 3.5-inch hard drive bays? I saw this the other day in another fresh-to-market case from Silverstone. Once you realize how much easier it is to deal with drives once you go with a case that has side-to-side mountings (especially once you have the rest of the hardware set up) you can't go back to front-to-back setups.

I mean, lot of these manufacturers try everything to simplify front-to-back arrangements from cages to removable front covers, but nothing comes close to the ease-of-use that side-to-side mountings offer.

Does somebody actually hold a patent on such a design or something? I mean, that would explain a lot, since other than Cooler Master, Thermaltake, Ultra cases and maybe few others, side-to-side mountings are pretty rare.

+1 on the HDD mounting

Darksaber

Senior Editor & Case Reviewer
Staff member
System Name Meshlicious Monster
Processor Intel Core i5-10600T
Motherboard MSI Z490I Unify
Cooling NZXT Kraken Z53 with 2x Noctua Redux 1300 RPM PWM fans
Memory ADATA 16 GB 3200 Mhz DDR4
Video Card(s) MSI GeForce RTX 3070 Gaming X Trio
Storage TeamGroup 1TB NVMe SSD
Display(s) Asus ProArt 27" 1440P, 75Hz
Case ssupd Meshlicious with mesh side panels
Power Supply Fractal Design Ion 660 W Platinum ATX
Mouse Corsair Dark Core RGB Pro Wireless
Keyboard Microsoft Sidewinder X4 Keyboard
Software Windows 10 Home

Well the truth is rather simple: cost and complications.

Companies like AzzA, Sharkoon, Apevia...do not build their cases from scratch. They buy the frame and design the front or even buy the entire case from an ODM or OEM and slap their name on it. Nowadays having a black interior is the new hype. So that is what many manufacturers are doing. Taking a grey case, painting the interior black - done. So traditional setups for HDDs for example are not changed in favor of a lower price tag, as many users won't mind this if it means they save a few bucks.

cheers
DS

System Name Old Skool
Processor E6750 @ 3.6 ghz
Motherboard GA P35 DS3L
Cooling Xigmatek Dark Knight S1283v
Memory 4gb Kingston DDR2 @ 900mhz
Video Card(s) XFX 9800GT 512MB
Storage SAMSUNG 320gb
Display(s) VIEWSONIC vx2260wm
Case HAF 922
Audio Device(s) Realtek (on board) + Logitech x540
Power Supply CM 550w
Software W7 Ultimate 64
Pretty good for a case, I mean, the interior's black! not every case manufacturer does this. If you look at it from far away, you might mistake it for a 900. lol

System Name N/A
Processor i7-4790K
Motherboard Asus Z97-A
Cooling Thermalright True Power 140
Memory 2 x 8GB GeIL Potenza 2400Mhz
Video Card(s) MSI GTX 970 Gaming
Storage 2TB Seagate Barracuda
Display(s) 24" Samsung 1080p LED Monitor
Case Phanteks Enthoo Pro
Power Supply Corsair TX650W
Mouse Logitech MX518
Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown MX)
Software Windows 8.1

I doubt it, i have an OEM casecom case that's sideways mounted, and i see your point
it's so much easier

System Name NEW
Processor Intel 4770 non-K
Motherboard Gigabyte H81M-DS2V
Cooling CM Hyper 212 plus
Memory 16gb Muskin
Video Card(s) XFX 380X 4gb
Storage Sandisk 120gb plus WD blue 1tb
Display(s) AOC 23.5 LED bl
Case XIGMATEK
Audio Device(s) motherboard
Power Supply Cooler Master 500

So true.NZXT FTW:rockout:

System Name not very good (wants throwing out window most of time)
Processor xp3000@ 2.17ghz pile of sh** /i7 920 DO on air for now
Motherboard msi kt6 delta oap /gigabyte x58 ud7 (rev1.0)
Cooling 1 green akasa 8cm(rear) 1 multicoloured akasa(hd) 1 12 cm (intake) 1 9cm with circuit from old psu
Memory 1.25 gb kingston hyperx @333mhz/ 3gb corsair dominator xmp 1600mhz
Video Card(s) (agp) hd3850 not bad not really suitable for mobo n processor/ gb hd5870
Storage wd 320gb + samsung 320 gig + wd 1tb 6gb/s
Display(s) compaq mv720
Case thermaltake XaserIII skull / coolermaster cm 690II
Audio Device(s) onboard
Power Supply corsair hx 650 w which solved many problems (blew up) /850w corsair
Software xp pro sp3/ ? win 7 ultimate (32 bit)
Benchmark Scores 6543 3d mark05 ye ye not good but look at the processor /uknown as still not benched
personaly i think sideways mounted harddrives don't get cooled correctly ,
i know this as a fact as i've had 2 cases and the one i have now with a side mounted fan just doesn't cut it even after drilling big holes
pictured here

there is no way they can unless you have mountings with huge holes,
and well they just don't exist, so this Azza case has the benefit of keeping the drives alot cooler,
yes sideways mounting harddrives are a alot easier to put in/take out, but what use is that if they overheat and make more noise?

System Name [Primary Workstation]
Processor Intel Core i7-920 Bloomfield @ 3.8GHz/4.55GHz [24-7/Bench]
Motherboard EVGA X58 E758-A1 [Tweaked right!]
Cooling Cooler Master V8 [stock fan + two 133CFM ULTRA KAZE fans]
Memory 12GB [Kingston HyperX]
Video Card(s) constantly upgrading/downgrading [prefer nVidia]
Storage constantly upgrading/downgrading [prefer Hitachi/Samsung]
Display(s) Triple LCD [40 inch primary + 32 & 28 inch auxiliary displays]
Case Cooler Master Cosmos 1000 [Mesh Mod, CFM Overload]
Audio Device(s) ASUS Xonar D1 + onboard Realtek ALC889A [Logitech Z-5300 Spk., Niko 650-HP 5.1 Hp., X-Bass Hp.]
Power Supply Corsair TX950W [aka Reactor]
Software This and that... [All software 100% legit and paid for, 0% pirated]
Benchmark Scores Ridiculously good scores!!!
I actually came back from MicroCenter tonight and they had several Azza Helios 910 cases on display. They had one unit on display for people to play with. I literally had the case in that review in my hands few hours ago. In short, the case is budget-build material at best, although it does look semi-decent and by semi-decent I mean the aesthetics of it and only them.

As for airflow issues, I have yet to see a case with side-to-side arrangement that doesn't allow for some sort of fan mounting for the hard-drive area, usually the standard front intake. My Cosmos 1000 case with side-to-side slide trays not only has nice rubberized vibration mountings in the individual trays but it also has a fitting for a 120mm fan dedicated only for the hard drive area. In fact, I rigged/mounted another 120mm fan near the HD area mostly to benefit my GPU's so I have now two 120mm fans taking hot air out of the hard drive area (overkill really). Noise due to vibration with six hard drives (4 SATA and 2 PATA) is non-existent, thanks to the special rubber mountings. As for the temperatures, they go from upper 20's in idle mode to mid 30's under load.

According to the SMART readings, the lifetime readings on all the drives show that one of the drives hit 42C previously (probably during the summer), which is the highest recorded ever among all six drives. The records for the rest show upper 30's with one at 40C flat. Right now the highest temps are 34C and 33C (for my primary RAID setup drives), the rest are idling with temps few degrees lower than that.

Processor AMD Ryzen 5 2600
Motherboard MSI B450 Gaming Plus
Memory GSkill 8GB Dual Channel DDR4-2800
Video Card(s) MSI GamingX RX580 4GB
Storage Kingston V300 240GB SSD + WD Green 2TB
Display(s) ACER K212HL 27" + Haier 55" + Lenovo Explorer Mixed Reality Headset
Case Enermax Ostrog (Red)
Power Supply EVGA SuperNOVA B2 750W
Software Win10 64bit
I don't go to the review section here that often. So I thought it funny that I did today and saw this review. Cause I just bought this case yesterday. It's the exact same thing except for the inside colour and mine has a clear side panel.

jujdred

System Name Son(s) of Frankensteins
Processor Core 2 Quad Q6600 G0
Motherboard MSI P45 Diamond-BIOS: 1.67
Cooling Cooler Master Hyper 212+ w/dual fans
Memory 4gb Crucial Ballistix DDR3 1333
Video Card(s) BFG nVidia 9800gtx
Storage 2x Seagate Barracudas - 1x WD Raptor - 1x WD Caviar Black
Display(s) Viewsonic 24"
Case Gigabyte G-ZX
Audio Device(s) HT Omega Striker 7.1
Power Supply Cooler Master 600w
Software Win 7 Ultimate (special)
personaly i think sideways mounted harddrives don't get cooled correctly ,
i know this as a fact as i've had 2 cases and the one i have now with a side mounted fan just doesn't cut it even after drilling big holes
pictured here
http://img.techpowerup.org/091013/more holes cut and cleaned.jpg
there is no way they can unless you have mountings with huge holes,
and well they just don't exist, so this Azza case has the benefit of keeping the drives alot cooler,
yes sideways mounting harddrives are a alot easier to put in/take out, but what use is that if they overheat and make more noise?

+1 for being technically spot on.

For the most part, technology has advanced enough to where 3.5" Sata is the standard nowadays where not long ago it was 3.5" IDE and I can even remember 5.25".
Cases were/are designed to accommodate a multitude of system configurationss some of which may possibly include IDE drives still to this day even believe it or not. Hell, I still have 2 IDE HDD's myself in my main rig.

Average Hard Drives are small enough and the mechanisms within are sturdy enough that mounting HDD's in any position and at any angle is not so big a deal as it used to be. But they still need to be accounted for in high performance systems where massive amounts of heat is generated and most case intakes are designed to be in the front lower area, usually where air is coolest and it just so happens to be where hard drives are mounted. Hard drives are mounted with the mounting holes on the sides and if you build a mounting mechanism to accommodate all 6 screw holes of 4-5 hard drives, then well, you will end up with a wall of metal blocking your main insource of cool air.

There are always around it, but by design it is just more efficient to ensure that hard drives are mounted in a way that cool air is pushed/pulled/forced in some way from front to back with no more resistance than is necessary.

I have 7 different computer cases right now, each with 2 Hard disks mounted in them and each with an intake fan, although varying sizes, that pretty much blows directly onto the hard drives from the intake, thus cooling them, as well as offering cool air to everything else, with the exception of my Dell XPS 410, which has the side to side cages on the very bottom floor of the case, and there are only 2 of them total with no room for expansion because they are side to side. All the rest are front to back.

The Dell XPS' ambient temperature hovers around 45 degrees celsius average and the hard drives run at a minimum of 6 degrees celsius HOTTER at idle than the hottest OPERATING Velociraptor in the crappiest case I have, which is pretty crappy (It's small, cramped, and very crappily built and designed; but I use it solely for testing anyway, so who cares.)
In addition, this extra heat transfers to everything else and does not help cool anything. I even had to cut a hole in the side for extra intake as well as buy 2 fans for the rear since it didn't come with them. Dell is stupid like that, but the case is pretty.

So while I am sure it's just really a cost/efficiency factor rather than cost/convenience factor in budget cases, it is likely the more expensive the case the better your chances of seeing multiple mount possibilities in HDD cages.