1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Bad Company 2 for the PC; don't hold your breath!

Discussion in 'Games' started by EastCoasthandle, Dec 22, 2009.

1. EastCoasthandle

EastCoasthandle New Member

Thanks Received:
    source
    :confused: :wtf:
    I find it hilarious they need more time to support essential features for the game to actually run on the PC. Don't hold your breath folks after reading this there is no telling when the PC version will surface. Hopefully, it's on time and this was posted in error!

10 Year Member at TPU
  2. assaulter_99

assaulter_99

Thanks Received:
    I d rather let them have more time than get a half assed port. knowing dice, I assume we can trust them.

codyjansen and TIGR say thanks.
  3. EastCoasthandle

Thanks Received:
    I don't think it take extra time to support Intel/AMD cpus, etc. :laugh:
    To me this reads as if they are just getting started on the PC version. Not so much about them optimizing the game for the PC. I still find it odd there are no PC specific videos for this game and a demo is assumed to be released in a few weeks.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2009
    10 Year Member at TPU
  4. assaulter_99

assaulter_99

Thanks Received:
    We won't know for sure till the games ship out. I don't think that they are starting only now since the beta will be up shortly, but you never know! If they take more time and give us something good (mass effect comes to mind) well it aint too bad waiting a lil more.

5. EastCoasthandle

Thanks Received:
    Oh I understand trust me and in a situation like that it makes sense if more features are added. However, the post quoted in the OP comes off different. IE: they need extra time to support cpus and video cards. Those are not added features which is why I created this thread. However, let's wait and see if the demo actually does come out in a few weeks or not. That will, IMO, tell the real story of where they are in development of this game. Again, I hope that information quoted in the OP was simply posted in error. :D

10 Year Member at TPU
  6. assaulter_99

assaulter_99

Thanks Received:
    I guess we just have to cross our fingers.:toast:

But its sad really, I believe that in the future we'll get more and more games released after the initial console releases. How many games have done that? The main reason they have behind this is piracy, even though they shove us dumb excuses. Thats why i lol'ed when cod:mw2's xbox 360 release was leaked on torrents before the pc version!

7. 3870x2

3870x2

Thanks Received:
    that was good for micro$oft. Half of all the xbox 360s in the entire world were banned in a week.

8. cadaveca

cadaveca My name is Dave

Thanks Received:
    If I told you the PC closed beta has already started, would that make you feel better?:laugh:

10 Year Member at TPU
  9. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    cadaveca right it has in fact started. No worries man. I'm watching this game like a hawk.

10. cadaveca

cadaveca My name is Dave

Thanks Received:
    Here(from Dec 1st):
    Release for console versions is in march.

You are making a mountain out of a molehill, ECH.

10 Year Member at TPU
  11. EastCoasthandle

Thanks Received:
    If there is a PC closed beta out then it would make the information quoted in the OP in error then.

10 Year Member at TPU
  12. assaulter_99

assaulter_99

Thanks Received:
    Seems like its the case. But then, maybe they need more time to polish it after, cause betas are know to be bug fests. :)

13. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    There is a closed beta which I was to be a part of. Thats how I know my friend. :toast: However from what I hear they are going above and beyond with the PC version so there may in fact be a delay. But its for the good.

DICE basically wants to school IW with this game. Its almost personal with them from what I hear.

FYI: https://www.combattesting.com/

14. cadaveca

cadaveca My name is Dave

Thanks Received:
    How so? Tsalking about the console versions has nothing to do with PC version, really, other than to explain the delay in Open beta launch. I do not get the same impression form the EA forum post...I hear him saying that the open PC beta is on hold ATM as they finalize the console versions to go out for qualification in early January. When that is done, the open pc beta will start. They can then dedicate the full team to the PC version, at least, assuming there are no issues with console qualification.

FYI, closed Beta of DICE games is generally months, if not longer, than open betas.

:toast:

10 Year Member at TPU
  15. assaulter_99

assaulter_99

Thanks Received:
    Yeah I read an article bout that. Dice wants to :nutkick: IW. Its pretty funny to see EA caring at least for the pc community.

16. EastCoasthandle

Thanks Received:
    Actually no I am not, your quoted information was prior to the posted information in the OP (IE considered it an update if you will). I think this is a typical cause of blaming the messenger. I'm not the person who said what was quoted in the OP.

Simple, as I never mentioned or implied the console version :slap:.

10 Year Member at TPU
  17. cadaveca

cadaveca My name is Dave

Thanks Received:
    True, but you are misinterpreting events here. ;) There is no indication in that post that the PC version is delayed, or anything. Open Beta Timing are not reflections on retail products....in fact, this is the same situation as 2142, beta-wise.

You suggest PC version may never come out, and I say that is not the case, and you are reading too much between the lines of that post.

10 Year Member at TPU
  18. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    It has nothing to do with the PC community. Its a pride/money thing. They have to one up IW to gain followers. That and IW talked a lot of trash at DICE. We are just benefitting from it :D

No its not. 2142 never hit the consoles so there was no threat of a crappy port.

19. cadaveca

cadaveca My name is Dave

Thanks Received:
    Yes, but 2142 closed beta(which I was a part of, you know this) was MONTHS before open beta, which was just a short tiem before release. They actually changed very little from Open beta to retail...this is what I am getting at.

10 Year Member at TPU
  20. EastCoasthandle

Thanks Received:
    No, I am not as I said lets wait and see about the demo. I think you are misinterpreting my posts here. As this is the second time you are implied something I've not expressed. And, as TheMailMan78 mentioned there was no console version of BF2142.

10 Year Member at TPU
  21. assaulter_99

assaulter_99

Thanks Received:
    Yeah thats why I said it was funny, we all know we are just $$$ in EA's eyes! :toast:

22. cadaveca

cadaveca My name is Dave

Thanks Received:

It's called NDA, #1. Only those shown previously to actually help on closed betas, are in current closed betas. Open beta will be just that...completely open. They will need to test server-side stuff fully, as well as a small bit of quality-control, so there will be a bit-by-bit addition of beta players.

PC version has DX9, DX10, and DX11. The call for DX11-based pcs for the closed beta weas some time ago, FYI. Consoles are not subject to three codepaths, and as such, will tkae more testing. Like really, ECH, I was shocked by your post, hence my reaction. Nevermind I do not beleive you to be correct, nor do I beleive the post indicated any issues that might affect the release.

I could care less about console versions. I'm only talking about PC versions. I'm on the PS3 closed beta, but hate using a controller. Based on what I saw on the PS3, there's little work left.

No hard feelings dude, I just think you are wrong.

Here's teh full post:

Post is from two days ago. Where's the indication of delay?

Last edited: Dec 22, 2009
    10 Year Member at TPU
  23. TheLaughingMan

TheLaughingMan

Thanks Received:
    It is possible the post was accurate, but like 4 months old and whoever posted is just way behind.

EastCoasthandle says thanks.
  24. EastCoasthandle

Thanks Received:
    :laugh:
    Your posts are getting nonsensical and off topic here. None of what you said made any sense to why you've replied to my post. Earlier, you misinterpret aspects of my post now you are posting this just to argue. :slap:
    Here read this:
    Which clearly debunks your opinion which you clearly misunderstood. :D

Exactly, I find it rather funny that cadaveca is taking this so seriously.

TheLaughingMan says thanks.
    10 Year Member at TPU
  25. cadaveca

cadaveca My name is Dave

Thanks Received:
    This is why...lol...what's to misunderstand?

And I'm not taking it so serious, dude, that's just my personality. I think you are taking a comment as to why there are things in the current console betas that have been changed...to mean that the pc version will be delayed. As my quote above of you says.

Conversation man, that's all this is. You may call my posts off-topic, when really, PC version does need more testing than consoles...this is a given. The post you originally quoted said jsut this..that the pc version needs more work. It didn't say "from ths point on"...

10 Year Member at TPU