1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Bad Company 2 VOIP: Can it be set to 360 Ear Piece?

Discussion in 'Games' started by MatTheCat, Mar 18, 2010.

1. MatTheCat New Member

Thanks Received:
    Is there anyway at all of setting the Bad Company 2 VOIP to operate only over a USB headset, as the 360/PS3 headsets function?

Or is it all yet more pain in arse pissing around with Teamspeak (a program that used to be simple and straightforward...but isn't anymore) should PC gamers dare to want idel chit chat on a seperate line from the game chat?

2. Phxprovost

Phxprovost Xtreme Refugee

Thanks Received:
    ...no would be my guess

3. Mussels

Mussels Moderprator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    nope.

BC2, like all other PC games insists on using the same device for game sound as it does for VOIP output. It annoys me too.

Teamspeak is still really simple, its only setting up the servers thats complicated -and thats the way its always been.

10 Year Member at TPU
  4. MatTheCat New Member

Thanks Received:
    In the past, I have downloaded the Teamspeak server program, ran it, and setup a server by simply making a few educated guesses. This time around, I downloaded it and was like WTF!?

5. human_error

human_error

Thanks Received:
    Well you normally don't want to setup a TS server - find a group of people you enjoy playing with and put their server details into the teamspeak software and connect. The TPU bfbc2 server clubhouse has some TS3 server information up - worth giving them a try :)

Oh and teamspeak/ventrillo/mumble (all basically 3rd party voip programs) all work great with my 360 wireless headset, providing a far better solution than in-game voip.

6. Mussels

Thanks Received:
    the new server is controlled via the client, as opposed to a web interface. its kinda weird, but it works well enough.

10 Year Member at TPU
  7. Mike0409

Mike0409

Thanks Received:
    Yup. It is much better than the TS2 interface, and it can be controlled via Putty too for adding/removing/stopping server's.

There are some add-on's for a HTML monitoring tool, and some other server add-ons that are pretty nifty.

8. Mussels

Thanks Received:
    i never have more than 5 people on my server, so i havent researched any of it. i just locked the quality where i want it (sadface that TS3 has no decent low bandwidth codecs, ~4KB/s is the lowest you can go) and leave it be.

10 Year Member at TPU
  9. Mike0409

Mike0409

Thanks Received:
    Yeah, I wish the codec's were a bit lower, but you do have to admit...they sound pretty friggin good compared to the older ones and compared to Vent.

10. Mussels

Thanks Received:
    i've ran into oddities where some friends mics sound WORSE on high quality - they need the 'blurriness' of lower codecs to keep it natural.

That said, i'm happy to trade bandwidth for the low latency nature of TS3 - none of the other clients are instant like TS3 is, always a delay

10 Year Member at TPU
  11. Mike0409

Mike0409

Thanks Received:
    Hmmm, that's a odd problem, never had that happen to me. I do have the issue with the Vent latency, where it will delay sometimes up to 2-3 minutes, and finally replay what everyone had said during that span, of non stop talking...get's very annoying.

12. Mussels

Thanks Received:
    for a test on TS, you can tell that TS3 works instantly because when someone yells "grenade!" you have a chance to run... not hearing them shout it after you're both dead

10 Year Member at TPU