1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Batman: Arkham Fail

Discussion in 'Games' started by TheLaughingMan, Sep 27, 2009.

1. TheLaughingMan

TheLaughingMan

Thanks Received:
    I have been having a weird issue with Batman: AA since the 1.1 patch was installed.

I use to run the PhysX at High with no issue, except during the second Scarecrow fight. I found out later the PhysX were running off my CPU, which explained the temp increase of my system during that fight....but to the point.

Now when I am playing, everything runs great for a while. Then suddenly the game freaks out, turn black for a second or two and then minimizes itself. When I bring the game back up, the PhysX are broken (I hit a stack of papers on a desk, paper just hovers in place without falling). Anybody else have this issue and know how to correct it? I will test the PhysX at Low when I get off work and see if their is an issue with PhysX anywhere else.

2. Mussels

Mussels Moderprator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    sounds like a typical driver crash due to a high OC/overheating card.

Try other drivers, perhaps?

(before anyone starts, PLEASE keep the NV hate out of this thread over the AA issues)

TheLaughingMan says thanks.
    10 Year Member at TPU
  3. TheLaughingMan

TheLaughingMan

Thanks Received:
    Visiting the fam and away from my baby, but will do. I will monitor the heat next time and maybe adjust the cooling curve again and different drivers or tweak something else cause right now I run the game at max everything. Thanks for the help.

4. TheLaughingMan

TheLaughingMan

Thanks Received:
    Tested the game with a more aggressive cooling profile and the error seems to be gone. Thanks.