• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Battlefield 2 Demo is out!

U

Unregistered

help me!!

yea ive re-downloaded it a few times...at first i downloaded it from many different websites and when i got it the setup didnt even start so i waited until xfire.com had it and i downloaded it off xfire

U

Unregistered

Lol

I dont know what to do?
My comp should be fast enough, I just re did it not long ago for gaming.

U

Unregistered

ive got nivida geforce 6600 GT.... do i need anything more for that?

J

Johnnynoob

Dunno what to do too it does look really fun. :s i really want to play it! And i re-installed it so many times:( from different sites.

U

Unregistered

Bad news

Hi, I just found out that my vidio card is the problem. I need a newer card. My dad read somewhere that a card 2 years or older may not work for the game. I dont know if this is your problem, but I would look into it. Bye

U

Unregistered

Unregistered said:
Hi, I just found out that my vidio card is the problem. I need a newer card. My dad read somewhere that a card 2 years or older may not work for the game. I dont know if this is your problem, but I would look into it. Bye

ok i will

Snipe0876

u need

to be able to play BF 2 u need a FX version from nvidia or higher if u have probs with it and u have a higher version than a fx its drivers u can go start programs EA bf2 and in there is a icon to dl the latest drivers. After that it should work dunno if the full version will allow older than fx version aswell wouldnt think it if the demo wont all to make u spend spend spend wish i never got into computing its worse than keeping a car

U

Unregistered

will my ge force 6600 gt work?

and when does the actual game come out?

U

Unregistered

Battlefield 2 demo

Whenever I try to run the demo, the screen goes black as if it is going to load, but then it goes back to my desktop. I checked my video card, and it is an ATI Radeon 7000. I downloaded the latest Catalyst drivers, and it still doesn't work. I'm wondering if the game even supports the card?

Snipe0876

Unregistered said:
Whenever I try to run the demo, the screen goes black as if it is going to load, but then it goes back to my desktop. I checked my video card, and it is an ATI Radeon 7000. I downloaded the latest Catalyst drivers, and it still doesn't work. I'm wondering if the game even supports the card?

As far as i am aware the demo should work on ur card i have only heard of problems with old nvidia cards. it sounds to me like its drivers though or else the exe is bad if u have the time try to dl another ill keep a ear out on ur card though to hear if there has been problems like urs

and ur 6600 gt will work to its out in around 1 week and half i think

Snipe0876

the following is a list of what cards Battlefield 2 Supports
- Video Cards
Battlefield 2 only supports the following video cards:
Radeon X700 (PCIe)
Radeon X600 (PCIe)
GeForce 6600 (PCIe)
GeForce PCX 5900 (PCIe)
GeForce 5800 Series (AGP)
ATI Radeon X800 XT Platinum Edition
ATI Radeon X800 PRO
ATI Radeon 9800 Series
ATI Radeon 9600 Series
ATI Radeon 9550 (RV350LX)
ATI Radeon 9500 / 9700 Series
ATI Radeon 8500 Series
ATI Radeon X300 Series
NVidia GeForce 6800 Ultra
NVidia GeForce 6800 GT
NVidia GeForce 6800
NVidia GeForce FX 5950 Series
NVidia GeForce FX 5900 Series
NVidia GeForce FX 5700 Series

U

Unregistered

whenever I tru to install the Demo a msg box pops up after a monent that says that I need Administrator privileges. I've had this machine for 3 years and never had a message like that come up before. I'm on a router now would that cause this to happen? Or would it be my operating system? ( I have Windows ME, I know there are problems with it. )

J

Johnnynoob

Snipe0876 said:
to be able to play BF 2 u need a FX version from nvidia or higher if u have probs with it and u have a higher version than a fx its drivers u can go start programs EA bf2 and in there is a icon to dl the latest drivers. After that it should work dunno if the full version will allow older than fx version aswell wouldnt think it if the demo wont all to make u spend spend spend wish i never got into computing its worse than keeping a car

can u give me a link to get those things?

Snipe0876

get what the drivers here is a link to nvidias driver page http://www.nvidia.com/content/drivers/drivers.asp
or if u want to u can dl through BF 2 gl

BTW for those who do have it and is working i have a nice thing were u can try all the weapons if anyone wants it not a hack or cheat its for singleplayer only to try all the new guns that u have to be ranked to use

Last edited:
J

Johnnynoob

Snipe0876 said:
get what the drivers here is a link to nvidias driver page http://www.nvidia.com/content/drivers/drivers.asp

BTW for those who do have it and is working i have a nice thing were u can try all the weapons if anyone wants it not a hack or cheat its for singleplayer only to try all the new guns that u have to be ranked to use

Ok i will check that out. And i got a question in bf2 are there clans?

U

Unregistered

Snipe0876 said:

Which Driver should i dl?

Snipe0876

Unregistered said:
Which Driver should i dl?

if u go to that site there is only 1 u can dl u hit graphics driver then geforce and tnt2 then ur operating system then go and download from the primary mirror. Run the exe and bob is ur uncle fanny is ur aunt make sure u have the latest direct x if u installed the game it should install them automatically but cheack anyway. U should be running Direct X 9.c to check this hit start then RUN clear whatever is in the box if anything and type dxdiag then ok and itll show u somthing like this as u can see near the bottom it says direct X 9 c if urs says that u should have no probs

And yes there r clans and theres gonna be alot more clans team play is critical being on ur own gun ho isnt gonna work in this u will see the advantages immediately when u play it get in squads and so on its amazing

Attachments

• direct x.JPG
    direct x.JPG
    76.6 KB · Views: 548
Last edited:
U

Unregistered

Snipe0876 said:
if u go to that site there is only 1 u can dl u hit graphics driver then geforce and tnt2 then ur operating system then go and download from the primary mirror. Run the exe and bob is ur uncle fanny is ur aunt make sure u have the latest direct x if u installed the game it should install them automatically but cheack anyway. U should be running Direct X 9.c to check this hit start then RUN clear whatever is in the box if anything and type dxdiag then ok and itll show u somthing like this as u can see near the bottom it says direct X 9 c if urs says that u should have no probs

And yes there r clans and theres gonna be alot more clans team play is critical being on ur own gun ho isnt gonna work in this u will see the advantages immediately when u play it get in squads and so on its amazing

Ok im just installing it if it works ill tell u.

H

help me!!

help me!!

yea ive been tryin to get this demo to work for about a week now and im not sure why it wont work and im not sure on how to find out what ur video card is. My computer's manufacturer was dell and i have the Dimension 4600i, can anyone help me??

U

Unregistered

Snipe0876 said:

There was an error how bout i give u my msn and you can help me by talking to me on msn pB_John@hotmail.com

U

Unregistered

Help

The demo starts up fine, and it even connects until i get to the server list for multiplkayer, but the only problem is that no matter how many times i press refresh no servers come up, i have a 1mb aol bb connection, and i know my internet is working fine, ive even re-configured my router firewall, but this still doesent help. can somebody please help me

U

Unregistered

this game sucks. whenever i try to play a server, it takes like 10 minutes to load, and half the time it just switches and takes me back to the server list after it does finish. and when i DO play, it runs really fucking slow and its pissing me off. what can i do? i have a nivida geforce 6600 and cable internet, but it still runs as though there were 1000+ ping. WHATS GOING ON

wazzledoozle

Processor X2 3800+ @ 2.3 GHz
Motherboard DFI Lanparty SLI-DR
Cooling Zalman CNPS 9500 LED
Memory 2x1 Gb OCZ Plat. @ 3-3-2-8-1t 460 MHz
Video Card(s) HIS IceQ 4670 512Mb
Storage 640Gb & 160Gb western digital sata drives
Display(s) Hanns G 19" widescreen LCD w/ DVI 5ms
Case Thermaltake Soprano
Audio Device(s) Audigy 2 softmod@Audigy 4, Logitech X-530 5:1
Power Supply Coolermaster eXtreme Power Plus 500w
Software XP Pro
Unregistered said:
this game sucks. whenever i try to play a server, it takes like 10 minutes to load, and half the time it just switches and takes me back to the server list after it does finish. and when i DO play, it runs really fucking slow and its pissing me off. what can i do? i have a nivida geforce 6600 and cable internet, but it still runs as though there were 1000+ ping. WHATS GOING ON
Old drivers and malware

U

Unregistered

wazzledoozle said:
Old drivers and malware

no you moron. i have a good computer and im the one with the 6600 gt. i turned the graphics as low as they can be and when i play online its laggy as shit. and i have cable internet, not dial-up or any of that crap.