1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Battlefield 3 Clubhouse

Discussion in 'TechPowerUp Club Forum' started by TheMailMan78, Feb 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mastrdrver

mastrdrver

Thanks Received:
    :roll::roll::roll:

I love the comment "99 bugs but a fix ain't one". :laugh:

I saw today someone die and I was going to try to revive them......until their body flew across the map. I was thinking, hmmmm that's a new one. Become Superman when you die.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2013
  2. random

random

Thanks Received:
    I see most of my cores in use while the game is running so probably right, but I don't see the DX 11 features, most noticeable with the cover with the piled up sand sacks it is flat as, but you can sort of tell how the tessellation would contribute to making it stick out and look better.

3. H82LUZ73

H82LUZ73

Thanks Received:
  4. DrunkenMafia

Thanks Received:
    I am loving the beta, haven't had any probs so far, I guess I am one of the lucky ones with no crossfire issues. I was getting a lot of lag but found its because I was playing with the game windowed, full screen fixed that.

Mind you I have only played for about 2hrs so my issues may start soon.

BTW - I am stoked they brought prone back, I hated crouching behind boxes in BC2 that were 1in to short and you get the top of head taken off by some muppet with a sniper rifle. :)

H82LUZ73 says thanks.
    10 Year Member at TPU
  5. mastrdrver

mastrdrver

Thanks Received:
    What a bitch fest. I want to join hacked servers but not suffer the consequences. Play the "I'm an innocent victim of uncontrollable circumstances" card. :shadedshu

What? Are we all 5 yrs old suddenly? :rolleyes:

These are probably the people who blame others as hackers just because they suck the wind. I really hope we get an admin program for our BF3 servers as I thought I remembered someone saying there was a possibility that wasn't going to be possible with BF3. Nothing empties a server quite like a "you're all hackers" player.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2011
    Wrigleyvillain says thanks.
  6. horik

horik

Thanks Received:
    now you can safely stay hidden in a bush laid on your belly

blue.dot and DrunkenMafia say thanks.
  7. AltecV1

AltecV1 New Member

Thanks Received:
    i cant join any goddamn servers....it so damn frustrating

8. H82LUZ73

H82LUZ73

Thanks Received:
    they are re doing the servers right now ,I think they are taking those hack servers off and banning the guy`s who set them up.reason being those guys who have put them up are the dudes who build the aim bots and stuff,I really like this, means we all have a equal playing field on the 25. And Master no they are just spoiled kids who have nothing better to do why do you think that thread is locked now.Also I said back in Alpha do not be surprised to see Dice handle these server`s and hacker`s in an extreme way.Why they left Steam and invented Origin.

9. Q9650

Q9650

Thanks Received:
    hey guys can i play BF3 on my evga 1gb gtx 460 sc ee @1680x1050 on high settings? see my system specs for more info on my machine...:)

10. DrunkenMafia

Thanks Received:
    Yes, you should be fine with that. You may see some small lags on big maps but that res shouldn't be a problem at all. :)

Q9650 says thanks.
    10 Year Member at TPU
  11. Q9650

Q9650

Thanks Received:
    as far as i play @ 1680x1050 my gtx460 runs everything i throw at it. my lcd only support 1680x1050 so i cannot go 1920 but i am happy with 1680x1050..thanks

12. Crap Daddy

Crap Daddy

Thanks Received:
    I also have the same res on 22" but I'm with GTX570 SC. Great aspect ratio 16x10 don't feel I need to change. You will be fine with your specs and anyway I found out that at lower settings the game still looks great (played on medium/low/SSAO on 720p with GTS450 512 MB and it looked OK and played well)

13. AlienIsGOD

AlienIsGOD

Thanks Received:
    im having a few issues @ med settings w 1680 x 1050 on my 4850. Its to be expected I suppose, with enuff bitching to the wife I can get a new card in a month or 2 :D

Crunching for Team TPU
  14. FreedomEclipse

FreedomEclipse ~Technological Technocrat~

Thanks Received:
    If you OC you Q9450 a some. you can pull some more frames. the CPU is your PC's weakpoint@3Ghz and it will hold back any higher end GPU you upgrade to.

Im not sure just how far you can go with a new graphics card. but i'd be looking at a 570 or 6950. A 560Ti will suffice if you cant afford either.

AlienIsGOD says thanks.
    10 Year Member at TPU
  15. 1Kurgan1

1Kurgan1 The Knife in your Back

Thanks Received:
    Well I been playing a lot of Support. And the one thing I have realized is, unless you are crouched with the bipod down, anything over 30 feet or so way is almost impossible to kill, or impossible to kill fast. It's pretty pointless to burst first, the 1st bullets accurate, 2nd bullet way to high, and 3rd bullet even higher, this is while trying to correct, but on such small bursts it's hard to judge how to correct as you usually need a few bullets to do so. So usually when trying to hit people at distance like snipers, I have to single fire the rounds, which is slow and they hit for very little. So I tap them a few times then they just hide. Or a guy 30 or so feet away, don't even bother aiming at him, recoil will just own you, go prone and bipod it, because if you don't mid fire he's goign to turn and own you with his Medic or Engineer AR.

I got a bit sick of that and decided to try out the AR's finally, no sights or anything, very little deviation while firing. And they seem to hit just as hard, was extremely easy to snipe with. And the recoil on it seemed to be better while standing and aiming that prone (non-bipod) as Support. I haven't got to try the foregrip on the ARs yet, but the LMG's it feels like it does nothing.

16. AltecV1

AltecV1 New Member

Thanks Received:
    spray that shit son,spray it good

17. AlienIsGOD

AlienIsGOD

Thanks Received:
    A new build is coming at/after Xmas, but im starting with GFX now. My price range is ~ $200 CAN w/ taxes, so im more looking at a 6850/70 and another to follow.

Crunching for Team TPU
  18. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    random says thanks.
    10 Year Member at TPU
  19. random

random

Thanks Received:
    Thanks, I signed. We already have facebook and statverse. Battlelog sorta gives me a disjointed gaming experience so far, just the idea of having to close the game and reopening it to switch modes/servers etc. makes my blood boil.

20. FreedomEclipse

FreedomEclipse ~Technological Technocrat~

Thanks Received:
    fucking HATE battlelog. -- Signed

10 Year Member at TPU
  21. 1Kurgan1

1Kurgan1 The Knife in your Back

Thanks Received:
    I haven't had any real problems with Battlelog. It's easy enough to join a server and then when you leave it auto closes the window. Doesn't feel any different that leaving a server in BC2 really. I always have my internet open in the background anyways. I probably won't sign, as signing less than a month before release isn't going to change a thing anyways. And after it releases I would rather have them working on weapon tweaks, hit boxes, fixes, and toher crap. Rather than working on a menu that isn't going to change much. If they make an ingame menu and don't require Battlelog, Platoons and crap won't be checked much, I don't mind the setup at all really.

That isn't going to help at all. Spraying is for suppressing people behind rocks and crap. When someone is in front of you and you spray, it is horribly inaccurate. Even burst firing they are able to turn and kill you in in 2 or 3 bullets, spraying with no cover is not a good idea, and it's not an answer for all situations. The M249 seems to have less deviation than the PKP, but it's still horrible. I was just playing a round firing at a Medic would was prone not looking at me. Fired 5x 3 round bursts, the 1st bullet from each hit him, then he turns and lets 1 three round burst go and kills me, hit me with all 3 bullets.

I'm just saying the LMGs right now don't hit harder than the ARs (guns like the M416 seems to 1 shot kill to the body) and they are horribly inaccurate by comparison. The only time they are half way decent is if you are prone with a bipod, any other time, it would be better to have another weapon. Also it seems every weapon in the game with any kit provides suppressive fire, had a Recon with an SVD firing bullets over my head and blurring my vision. What is that crap? Every class gets to suppress, just Support only gets points for it? Thats pretty lame, anyone can fill the role then.

22. Wrigleyvillain

Wrigleyvillain PTFO or GTFO

Thanks Received:
    Wish I could say the same; mainly due to intermittent performance issues I find it hard to compete and haven't had much fun (outside of my six knife kills anyway). Dunno that I'm having crossfire issues per se (disabling still seemed to eventually drop to unplayable framerates too at times) but I need it on anyway as one 6850 drops me from like 33 to 20 FPS at stock clocks outside (GPUs at 925/1150 can get all the up into the 50s too at times in first section so all over the place, really). By the third part of the map it's especially bad (or could also be that section; don't get there too much though).

However, unlike crazyeyes, there's no way in hell I expect to feel the same about the full game or that it will "suck". Especially after some time and patches, like any (BF) game.

10 Year Member at TPU
  23. mastrdrver

mastrdrver

Thanks Received:
    You all realize that the likely hood of DICE removing Battlelog from the game is less then the sun splitting in two right? I'm assuming you do. If so what's the point?

I'll admit I don't mind Battlelog. Sure I'd rather have something like the BC2 or BF2 setup, but it's not enough for me to sign.

Scrizz and blue.dot say thanks.
  24. xenocide

xenocide

Thanks Received:
    Battlelog doesn't bother me, the server browser is no worse than the in-game ones that DICE\EA has put out in past BF games. If they could only add the Server Queuing from BC2 it would be quite a bit better. Sure, it's basically a lame BF-themed FB, but it does work decently well.

25. EastCoasthandle

EastCoasthandle New Member

Thanks Received:
    That ain't even half of it. Check out EAUK's forum regarding:
    In game Ping
    Add In game server browser
    In game squad management is by far, the highest vote count I've seen on that forum.

There is a lot more going on with this game then just bugs. People don't like the direction of how we can play the game.

1Kurgan1 says thanks.
    10 Year Member at TPU