1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Battlefield 3 Clubhouse

Discussion in 'TechPowerUp Club Forum' started by TheMailMan78, Feb 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. btarunr

btarunr Editor & Senior Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
  2. Crap Daddy

Crap Daddy

Thanks Received:
    Same here now. Problems problems problems...

3. alexsubri

alexsubri

Thanks Received:
    Hopefully, Modern Warfare 3 won't have all these issues :-\

4. FierceRed

FierceRed

Thanks Received:
    Oh you... you're so droll.

Wrigleyvillain says thanks.
  5. alexsubri

alexsubri

Thanks Received:
    Don't get me wrong, BF3 has better graphics, realism, effects, etc. But, the main flaw for BF3 is the server issues, graphic issues, battlelog issues, and other minor things. I personally love BF3. However, what MW3 will have the advantage over is the story. BF3's story was meh

6. Bjorn_Of_Iceland

Bjorn_Of_Iceland

Thanks Received:
    jeez... they should at least make mortar not that accurate, and make the setup / getup have a delay time.

7. digibucc

digibucc

Thanks Received:
    that is such a canned response and i wish you guys would elaborate. that's all i hear since release (since obviously nothing else mw3 does will compare) the only thing you guys can point to is their crappy hole-filled stories - and then you act like those are actually something worth experiencing.

everyone knows mw just like bf is for multiplayer. no one really cares about single player, and you all recognize that both games have plain single player stories. now lets stop mentioning the things that no one actually cares about, and talk about how it will compare in multiplayer - and it won't. it will be the same exact game MW has been since cod4.

have fun playing cod4 , again, for the 5th year in a row.

REAYTH, 1Kurgan1, Black Haru and 3 others say thanks.
  8. DannibusX

DannibusX

Thanks Received:
    CoD4 was an awesome experience, and I bought every CoD afterward. MW2 really bugged me, when IW took 3 weeks off immediately after launching a game with no beta testing that was so bugged it took forever for them to patch out the Javelin glitch and the care package sprint and stab glitch. I can't remember too much about any more bugs in the game, but I definitely remember the game leaving a really bad taste in my mouth. I won't even start on the IWNet debacle, with IW saying that VAC will keep all cheaters off of MW2. They must have forgotten about VAC's delays ban system.

Oh, and let us not forget the hackers that were able to find a way around the VAC ban, only for MW2.

Quote of the day. It's so good I'll quote it again.

brandonwh64, digibucc and JD15 say thanks.
  9. brandonwh64

brandonwh64 Addicted to Bacon and StarCrunches!!!

Thanks Received:
    I still love playing COD4 multiplayer but hackers have riddled the game and its hard to find a server without one..... or five

Crunching for Team TPU
  10. tigger

tigger I'm the only one

Thanks Received:
    For the people not too keen on origin, there is a way to play it Multiplayer without using origin. And NO it is not pirated, you NEED to have bought it and NEED a legitimate key.

digibucc says thanks.
    10 Year Member at TPU
  11. digibucc

digibucc

Thanks Received:
    oh for sure. i don't debate that cod4 was kinda groundbreaking. not that it was or is in any way perfect, but it did a lot of things well, it was fresh, and very fun. the problem as i see it is that they stopped progressing right there, and just rode on their laurels.

DiCE on the other hand, only ever tries to improve everything about the experience they provide. they put more work into sound than CoD does into graphics. they release 1 game in the time CoD releases 3, and that's not a positive mark on CoD's side imo.

i don't want to turn this into a cod war. suffice it to say i enjoyed it, and bought black ops even. though for myself personally. there is simply no comparison.against epic strategical vehicle battles - run n gun, twitch response driven, albeit intense gameplay; just isn't good enough

12. johnnyfiive

johnnyfiive

Thanks Received:
    No doubt, the MW series does indeed have a pretty intriguing story. I will be getting it simply for the story, I have to know what happens!

As for multiplayer.... the MW series is no threat. BF3 is the $@#$@$ing king in that area. :rockout::rockout::rockout:

AMIRIGHT!? HOOORAHH!

13. Wrigleyvillain

Wrigleyvillain PTFO or GTFO

Thanks Received:
    lol well I wasn't gonna name names (yet) but you, sir, are a winnar! Scrizz was up there with him too for a bit but when I squad messaged "you guys could cap a flag you know" Scrizz got up and moved...

Well he was sure easy to find! ;) I got Haru once and almost again but it's tough from the front. At first I thought it was kinda bugged but I think knifing is supposed to be more difficult and require more skill which is a good thing.

Ladies and Gentlemen, we have a new sig quote!

While I was hoping BF3 SP lived up to it's hype a but more and that's cool if such is really important to you in a shooter but "story" is not the reason the vast majority of us are here and love this franchise.

14. AphexDreamer

AphexDreamer

Thanks Received:
    Me personally MW2 had a semi alright story line (Got better towards the end). Black Ops had a horrible storyline IMO. Couldn't even play 30 minutes of it.

digibucc says thanks.
  15. DannibusX

DannibusX

Thanks Received:
    So, I drink a lot of Dr. Pepper and I have used their codes to unlock the "exclusive DLC" for BF3. I think I may have one or two more dog tags to get. Does anyone want the codes I get from future bottles?

I'll post up in this thread when I have one or two to spare if anyone is interested. I'm not sure if they're valid outside the US and the promotion ends 12/31/11.

I'll be rockin' a 6 Wolf Moon dogtag tonight.

1Kurgan1, digibucc and JD15 say thanks.
  16. catnipkiller

catnipkiller

Thanks Received:
    first time using motors i whent 14-0. they are more op then a guy with aimbot. you can hide from aimbot u cant hide from motors.

17. JD15

JD15

Thanks Received:
    I wouldn't mind havin em.

18. DannibusX

DannibusX

Thanks Received:
    Well they could be yours!

Except I am a devout Seattle SuperSonics fan. Aaaaaaaand there a little itsy bisty teeny tiny problem of you having the Oklahoma City Thunder logo for your avatar. You know, they tried to retire Gary Payton's number? What kind of BS is that? GP told 'em to get fudged though.

I'm just kidding. When I get a couple of caps, I'll send you a code.

I'm not kidding about being a Sonics fan though. :slap:

Edit: Or were you talking about my dogtags, because if memory serves me correctly you got a set last night. :)

JD15 says thanks.
  19. btarunr

btarunr Editor & Senior Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Have fun with your COD4 Map pack 3.

20. brandonwh64

brandonwh64 Addicted to Bacon and StarCrunches!!!

Thanks Received:
    I just watched a video for MW3 and i noticed many of the weapon sounds are the same as COD4 LOL

Crunching for Team TPU
  21. Wrigleyvillain

Wrigleyvillain PTFO or GTFO

Thanks Received:
    Yeah whats the counterbalancing for the mortars supposed to be?

22. kid41212003

kid41212003

Thanks Received:
    Can you guys help me "like" this idea?

It's a feedback to devs team.

http://getsatisfaction.com/battlefi..._origins_or_just_combine_origin_and_battlelog

23. JD15

JD15

Thanks Received:
    OKC just wanted to honor Payton, cause it doesn't look like Seattle will have a team before the 5 year deadline, but I understand why he wouldn't want it to happen.

As far as the tags, I do believe I got yours :nutkick: but I'm sure you'll return the favor.

DannibusX says thanks.
  24. 1Kurgan1

1Kurgan1 The Knife in your Back

Thanks Received:
    False, stand in a building, or under anything. If you go to B on Grand Bazaar and look up you will see tiny cloth tarps, even those things stop mortars magically (that cloth must be made of steel).

If you get any extra codes I would appreciate them being passed on. How many codes are there? And are they all for different tags?

**EDIT**
    Holy crap, Pile-O Bones is awesome, I want that.

Wrigleyvillain says thanks.
  25. REAYTH

REAYTH

Thanks Received:
    I really want the hello kitty one!!!