1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Battlefield 3 Clubhouse

Discussion in 'TechPowerUp Club Forum' started by TheMailMan78, Feb 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. newbsandwich

Thanks Received:
    Played a couple good games with u guys yesterday. Hopefully I'll get on the same side one day.

Oh, I had a crazy round before that where the other side was camping in their base on rush, and would only drive vehicles in every once in a while. Got so many mine kills. Not as many points as cadaveca, but still pretty good.

Attached Files:

2. caleb

Thanks Received:
    Anybody else having such problems? It seems its something with the game as its not all over the screen. I have a new PC (with previous in my sig had no such probz). This is i52500k,ASUS560Ti DirectCUII,P8P67.

bf3.jpg

10 Year Member at TPU
  3. AlienIsGOD

AlienIsGOD

Thanks Received:
    About my best round to date :D i really like vehicles like the AA and Attack heli

[​IMG]

4. TRIPTEX_CAN

TRIPTEX_CAN

Thanks Received:
    Nice score Dave. Still using the controller I assume? You should get triple points on everything for that fact.

I've been away for work for the last few weeks but I think I should be playing tonight.... have to go away again on Tuesday though. :shadedshu

5. cadaveca

cadaveca My name is Dave

Thanks Received:
    Yeah, we were working together, and he helped me get those points in a big way. All those vehicle points could have been his, but he let me hop in the driver seat the entire round.

Yeah, controller, as always. The round was 600 tickets though, so that end score is kinda falsely inflated. End score with awards was like 33770 or something...nearly a whole rank in one round, with no cheating. ;)

People have been asking where you were...You, Kurgan, LaughingMan, BlackHaru, ChaoticG8tr, and erocker have to be the top players, so everyone notices when one of you guys isn't around. Need to paly with the top guys to get better!

10 Year Member at TPU
  6. TRIPTEX_CAN

TRIPTEX_CAN

Thanks Received:
    I tried playing with my 360 controller when I showed a friend BF3 for the first time. I can't handle it... I get no hero cookies when I use mine.

I had also raged on the game before I went away (to cable 3 hotels in 3 days for CCTV) and deleted everyone and everything but I'm over it now. I just sent you another friendy.

IF ANYONE DOESNT HAVE ME ON THEIR LIST FEEL FREE TO ADD ME - TRIPTEX.

7. MT Alex

MT Alex

Thanks Received:
    Yessir, I have found him to be extremely helpful, considerate, and patient with middle of the road players like myself. Some guys, luckily none that I have played with on the TS we use, can be real pecker heads when they are consistently at the top of the heap. Hell, I think you could add yourself to the list of above average players you mentioned, as well. And, as it turns out, you aren't a dick, either:)

8. brandonwh64

brandonwh64 Addicted to Bacon and StarCrunches!!!

Thanks Received:
    Im guessing alot of people have either rage quit the game or have other games to play?

I have skyward sword (HEHE releases on the 20th but I have mine...) and Skyrim but I'd rather play BF3

Crunching for Team TPU
  9. Radical_Edward

Radical_Edward

Thanks Received:
    Ever since I went crossfire BF3 likes to get stuck loading or crash while loading. I get into maybe 1 out of 7 games I try to join. Even then I'm lucky if I'm able to stay in game for more than 1 or 2 rounds. Because it likes to crash to desktop during gameplay. :(

Crunching for Team TPU
  10. AlienIsGOD

AlienIsGOD

Thanks Received:
    I hear you there :D

t77snapshot says thanks.
  11. Wrigleyvillain

Wrigleyvillain PTFO or GTFO

Thanks Received:
    I can't tear myself away from Skyrim. I played a ton of BF3 too though already including over a whole week off post-launch. I'll be back...

12. MT Alex

MT Alex

Thanks Received:
    That is unfortunate. Thankfully, I get very few crashes to desktop that aren't server related. Also, since the last Battlelog update, occasionally I will black screen when joining the round, but always only once, them I'm good to go. I also have crossfired 5xxx series cards, but I have very little troubles with them. Did you follow Erocker's driver uninstall guide? Are you using 11.10 with 11.9 CAP 4? I doubt it matters, but I also notice you have a reference card with a later version as the slave, maybe that is the difference, I would hope not.

13. Radical_Edward

Radical_Edward

Thanks Received:
    Honestly I'm not entirely sure what the issue is. But I can play other games that are taxing on my cards without it crashing.

I am using 11.10s with 11.9 CAP 4s

Crunching for Team TPU
  14. mastrdrver

mastrdrver

Thanks Received:
    I'm on 11.9s with 11.9 CAP 4.

Only time I have a black screen or crashes is when I launch the game from Origin. Even then it only happens the very first time I try to launch the game. If I go from the BF3 icon on my desktop then I never have a problem.

15. jlewis02 New Member

Thanks Received:
    I have a question whats a good FOV to use I never messed with it before.
    Im sure its been beat to death already but I ddont want to go though 371 pages to find it.

10 Year Member at TPU
  16. H82LUZ73

H82LUZ73

Thanks Received:
    LOL I find potential evidence of a Mod at the forums ,working for AA .net I complain about it to the links in the cheat thread ,I get this ...Is this someone reporting me on privacy policies at EA?

Hello,

We would like you to know that we received your petition and are currently investigating it. Due to our Privacy Policy, we cannot contact you concerning the outcome of the investigation, but please rest assured that we will take appropriate action.

You can read the Terms of Service for Electronic Arts Online by going to the following web address:

http://www.ea.com/global/legal/tos.jsp

Sincerely,
    Customer Support
    Electronic Arts, Inc.

EA.com Customer Relations

Petition history: On 11-13-2011 you asked Battlefield3 support:
    Bad content in profile

I got 2 of these yesterday when i was offline all day..You guys be my eyes ,Did any of you see me log in yesterday?After 6 am to be honest.I think some one is using my profile.

17. brandonwh64

Thanks Received:
    I have it installed but I figure I dont have time for a full out RPG let alone about 2-3 rounds of BF3 on my spare time.

I do want to get started on Skyward sword soon.

Crunching for Team TPU
  18. erixx

erixx

Thanks Received:
    To continue with offtopics: I have found the Ghost Recon mod for Arma2 and I am enjoying it. But will return to BF3 at any moment both to finish SP and earn some leet weapons in MP :)

19. Fhrope New Member

Thanks Received:
    Sup guys another great episode is here!

Sit back relax and enjoy!

There thanks lol

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2013
    t77snapshot, crush3r and MT Alex say thanks.
  20. brandonwh64

Thanks Received:
    Do the [YT] tags with this 8W8AEKb8YMI in the middle

Like..

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2013
    Crunching for Team TPU
  21. Jasper005

Thanks Received:
    Caleb I have exactly the same issue on my 560ti with the latest beta drivers and the ones before that too. I was having it in SLI as well but have since taken a card out to see if it fixes the issue (which it doesn't).

It's a weird one as it doesn't always seem to happen either and it's definitely not an issue with overheating. Sometimes I can play for hours without issue then sometimes just mins. I was worried that it might be my PSU failing but as we both have newish systems I doubt that is the case.

I'm starting to think it might be an issue with something running in the background like evga precision so I'm going to test that out tonight. I'd had similar issues when programs use overlays before.

Also do you get it so that (to begin with at least) you only have that issue when you are looking in a certain direction? So for example if I'm looking north I get those black lines but if I look east they vanish until I look north again?!!? Also if I look through my IR scope the lines vanish. Most bizarre.

I'll let you know if I find a cure if you could do the same that'd be great!

22. Scrizz

Scrizz

Thanks Received:
    I've just been busy. lol
    :cry:

23. digibucc

digibucc

Thanks Received:
    yeah playing skyrim atm. i look at BF as a long term game though. I put in quite a few hours launch week and the following, it's good to get my mind switched up.

24. brandonwh64

Thanks Received:
    Skyrim looks good, On everything maxed out I was getting 60FPS. I noticed some of the same voices from oblivion.

Crunching for Team TPU
  25. Wrigleyvillain

Wrigleyvillain PTFO or GTFO

Thanks Received:
    Uh...noooo. It just looks like your reporting was received and this is the canned response. Not sure why they include the link to the TOS like that but it doesn't seem "directed" specifically at you for anything you did.

A mod at what forum, btw?