• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Battlefield 3 Clubhouse

Status
Not open for further replies.

CDdude55

Crazy 4 TPU!!!
System Name CDdude's Rig!
Processor AMD Athlon II X4 620
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3
Cooling Corsair H70
Memory 8GB Corsair Vengence @1600mhz
Video Card(s) XFX HD 6970 2GB
Storage OCZ Agility 3 60GB SSD/WD Velociraptor 300GB
Display(s) ASUS VH232H 23" 1920x1080
Case Cooler Master CM690 (w/ side window)
Audio Device(s) Onboard (It sounds fine)
Power Supply Corsair 850TX
Software Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit SP1
System Name ODIN
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
Motherboard Gigabyte B550 Aorus Elite AX V2
Cooling Dark Rock 4
Memory G Skill RipjawsV F4 3600 Mhz C16
Video Card(s) MSI GeForce RTX 3080 Ventus 3X OC LHR
Storage Crucial 2 TB M.2 SSD :: WD Blue M.2 1TB SSD :: 1 TB WD Black VelociRaptor
Display(s) Dell S2716DG 27" 144 Hz G-SYNC
Case Fractal Meshify C
Audio Device(s) Onboard Audio
Power Supply Antec HCP 850 80+ Gold
Mouse Corsair M65
Keyboard Corsair K70 RGB Lux
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Benchmark Scores I don't benchmark.
+4 Intelligence to DICE

FreedomEclipse

~Technological Technocrat~
System Name Codename: Icarus Mk.VI
Processor Intel 8600k@Stock -- pending tuning
Motherboard Asus ROG Strixx Z370-F
Cooling CPU: BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 {1xCorsair ML120 Pro|5xML140 Pro}
Memory 32GB XPG Gammix D10 {2x16GB}
Video Card(s) ASUS Dual Radeon™ RX 6700 XT OC Edition
Storage Samsung 970 Evo 512GB SSD (Boot)|WD SN770 (Gaming)|2x 3TB Toshiba DT01ACA300|2x 2TB Crucial BX500
Display(s) LG GP850-B
Case Corsair 760T (White)
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V573|Speakers: JBL Control One|Auna 300-CN|Wharfedale Diamond SW150
Power Supply Corsair AX760
Mouse Logitech G900
Keyboard Duckyshine Dead LED(s) III
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

That's exactly what i wish to hear from all devs developing multiplatform games, im very glad DICE actually gets what the PC community wants and is willing to utilize the hardware that's in our systems.:)

hardly suprising after weve been stuck with console ports for so long. people just get used to seeing games being exactly the same for pc as it is for consoles.

Im glad DICE are changing it up, its about time PC got something first rather then last.

Now all we need are more PC exclusives

Processor Core i5 4460
Motherboard Gigabyte Z97-D3H
Cooling Zalman CNPS10X Optima
Memory 1x 8GB DDR3 @ 900Mhz
Video Card(s) Gigabyte GTX1660 6GB OC
Storage Patriot Blast 240GB SSD; Caviar Black 500 GB; Caviar Green 1 TB
Display(s) Dell U2311H (23'' IPS)
Power Supply FSP Hyper 700
Mouse Sharkoon Fireglider
Software Win 10 Pro 64-bit
System Name Wopper
Processor Intel i5 3570 @ 4.2 Ghz
Motherboard ASRock Z77 Extreme4
Cooling Noctua NH-D14
Memory 8 GB
Video Card(s) eVGA GTX 760 3Gb w/acx cooling
Storage 120Gb Evo SSD + 2 GB Games + 1.5 TB Data
Display(s) ViewSonic VX2268WM 22-Inch 120 Hz 3D-Ready
Case Antec P182
Audio Device(s) Realtec onboard
Power Supply Antec TruePower New 550W
Software Windows 8.1 Pro
Planet Battlefield E3 Hands-on Write-up

Battlefield 3 @ E3 2011
Written by: Scott Dupler

We trekked up to E3 in Los Angeles for one thing. To get our hands on Battlefield 3. We were hoping to hear some mention of anything Battlefield related at the 3 main press events (Nintendo, Sony, and Microsoft) and were a little bit disappointed, but we knew the EA press conference would fill our hunger for Battlefield 3. Sony announced a Playstation 3 exclusive for Battlefield 3, which will include Battlefield 1943 on the same disk. At Nintendo, EA CEO John Riccitiello came on stage and hinted that Battlefield is a possibility on the new Wii U. His exact words were "imagine a shooter like Battlefield with jaw dropping graphics and smooth character animations on the Frostbite engine brought to you on a Nintendo system, that breakthrough controller". A very careful choice of wording that doesn't confirm or deny Battlefield 3 coming to Wii U, but it definitely sounds like it could be a possibility.

Briefing
The actual E3 show floor opened at noon on Tuesday and hours before that people lined up to get in. The EA booth was the first thing you saw when entering the South Hall. The line to play Battlefield 3 wrapped around the EA booth with hundreds of people in line. Luckily we had an appointment at noon and after talking to some EA people were put into the Battlefield 3 VIP line to be the first group in. While waiting in line an EA rep asked for our names so they could engrave our names onto BF3 dog tags. We were then ushered into a small air conditioned room where a large TV with the Battlefield 3 logo was displayed. Alongside was Battlefield 3 Lead Multiplayer Designer, Lars Gustafsson who has been with DICE for over 12 years. Lars talked about the Frostbite engine and the different gamemodes they plan to offer such as single player, multiplayer and co-op. The single player was shown at the EA press conference in the form of the tank mission which takes place in the deserts outside of Tehran.

At the EA booth, we played multiplayer rush gamemode on a map called Operation Metro based in the heart of Paris where we played as the U.S. Marines taking on the Russian forces. Operation Metro is an infantry focused, urban environment, close combat map. Russian forces have taken over the city and are headquartered at the stock exchange. U.S Marine forces start from the west taking out the heavy anti-air stations setup throughout the park. In addition to conquest and rush gamemodes, team deathmatch was also announced. Lars then touched on the newly announced Battle Log, a social Battlefield experience that ties everything together. Although that was all that was said about Battle Log.

Lars then explained the 4 classes in Battlefield starting with assault. The assault class is now equipped with medic capabilities for healing and reviving. Second is engineer which has anti-vehicle abilities and repair abilities. Next is the support solider whose responsibility is to lay down fire. Lastly is the recon class who has the responsibility of supplying intel on the battlefield. It wouldn't be a Battlefield game without unlocks and as Lars explained, Battlefield 3 will have more unlocks and upgrades than any other Battlefield game. Primary weapons in Battlefield 3 have three customization slots which include add-ons such as silencers and flashlights. The support class now has a bi-pod that can be placed on any surface to provide more accuracy and to enable the player to use a new support only ability called Suppression. When your bipod is deployed, all the bullets you fire at an enemy affect them regardless if you hit them or not. Bullets that get close enough to an enemy will start to reduce their combat efficiency. Your squad can then flank the enemy and you will receive a Suppression bonus.

Vehicles are of course another important part of Battlefield games and as we know jets will indeed be making a comeback. You will be able to fight with boats, tanks, jets and helicopters. In Operation Metro the only vehicle we were allowed to play with was the LAV-25 (Light Armor Vehicle). Vehicles in Battlefield 3 have two new features. First is they now have regenerating armor. If it goes down below a certain threshold your vehicle will be disabled (you will see sparks) and not being able to move, although the turret can still move. Vehicles as well as soldiers are now fully customizable. In the demo, the LAV-25 has the main gun, an added a coax cannon to take out infantry and added thermal vision.

Since Battlefield 2142, players have received dog tags in return for humiliating a player by knifing them. Battlefield 3 is no different, except they are now fully customizable. As you play you will unlock more ways to upgrade and customize your dog tag. Dog tags are now dynamically upgraded, so the example used was if you choose to display you are a kick ass pilot, your dog tag will now be updated with your latest stats. New to this system is that dog tags can only be stolen by a knife to the back. The animation system for knifing is more dramatic and spectacular that before.

Hands-On
The briefing with Lars ended and we then moved to the next room where each of us sat down at one of 16 Alienware computers (specs not revealed) pimped out with custom Battlefield 3 A40 headsets and Razer keyboard and mice. Every station had a clearly marked yellow triangle with a construction worker with the text "Pre-Alpha" on it. The first thing you notice is the spawn screen has been completely redone. It looks a lot more simple and kit load outs are now at the bottom indicated by four icons. Weapon load outs are to the right of the kit select, but it didn't appear as if we could experiment with these. In the briefing they did say they had unlocked everything and preselected our loadouts.

The class I play the most is assault, so I selected assault which is the first class and is indicted with a medic style cross. Controls are as you would expect with 1 being your primary weapon, 2 - secondary weapon (pistol), 3 - med pack, 4 - shock paddles. The much asked for prone is back which can be toggled by hitting Z. Crouch is X and sprint / hold breath is the shift key. Quick knife is F, and flashlight was set to L. Q will spot enemies just like Bad Company 2. The ability to toggle between firing modes automatic, semi-automatic, and single shot is available in most weapons. There was no commo rose, and this is one of those things EA and DICE aren't talking about yet probably because they haven't decided on it fully.

Running around and shooting people was remarkably smooth for a pre-alpha game. We had 16 players at E3 vs 16 QA players, so this wasn't just some local LAN game. Speaking of LAN, I was told there would be no LAN support. Other features I noticed are obviously you can see your feet and when you go to jump over something it goes into this parkour type animation. The squad leader is marked with a star and if I remember correctly you can only spawn on them. Flash lights now have a new purpose besides lighting up dark areas. Whether you are in broad daylight or a dark tunnel you can turn on your flashlight and blind enemies. In the few times this happened while playing I noticed a halo around an enemy, making it difficult to know where to shoot. The knifing system in Battlefield 3 has also changed dramatically. The knife is more like a switchblade that your solider can flip out. Quick knifing an enemy from behind will initiate an animation where you grab the enemies head and slit their throat. This might not have been the only animation, but one of many. EA had also told us that knifing from the front is possible, but not an instant kill. I was also told you can pull out the knife (possibly the #5 slot) and not have to use quick knife.

As far as points go here's how it goes: 100 points for killing someone, 10 points extra for a headshot, suppress bonus is 10, kill assist is 50 points, m-com arm is 100 points 100 points for reviving. The reviving system has also been tweaked and DICE have solved the problem of being rived countless times in the middle of enemy fire only to be killed and revived again. You can opt out of being rived by holding E to die or space bar to accept being revived. The shock paddles are no longer a one click instant shock revive. You now have to hold the mouse button down to charge the paddles in order to revive fallen teammates.

I didn't spend too much time with the support class, but I did check out the bi-pod just see what it looked like. The bi-pod deploys when you go prone, and apparently you can mount it on anything zooming in, but I didn't have time to test this. I didn't experience the new suppression system, but from I was told it creates a blur around the edges of your screen.

In the 20-30 minutes I had with Battlefield 3 it was a lot of fun. There are some elements from Battlefield: Bad Company 2, but that's fine. The game itself still has many new improvements and features that will please old and new fans. Of course this is still pre-alpha so things can always change, but this already great game can only get better. The graphics look amazing and lighting is unlike any Battlefield game we have seen. Like many others, I wish I could have had more time to get a feel for the game. That September beta can't come soon enough!

==================================================

*Not a real product

The Gadget Show: E3 2011: Battlefield - Lars Gustavsson interview

System Name FumoffuFumoffu
Processor Intel i7 4770K
Motherboard Gigabyte Z87X -UD3H
Cooling Corsair H100i
Memory 16GB DDR3 1600 Crucial Ballistix
Video Card(s) Sapphire AMD Radeon HD 7970 OC
Storage 1- WD 500GB 1- Samsung F2 1.5TB 1- Crucial M4 128GB SSD 1-256GB ADATA XPG SX900 ASX900S3 SSD
Display(s) Hanns-G HZ281HPB 27.5'' 3ms Full HD 1920x1200 WideScreen LCD Monitor
Case Corsair Graphite Series 600T
Audio Device(s) Creative Soundblaster X-Fi Titanium
Power Supply Corsair HX 750W Gold
Software Windows 7 Pro x64

FreedomEclipse

~Technological Technocrat~
System Name Codename: Icarus Mk.VI
Processor Intel 8600k@Stock -- pending tuning
Motherboard Asus ROG Strixx Z370-F
Cooling CPU: BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 {1xCorsair ML120 Pro|5xML140 Pro}
Memory 32GB XPG Gammix D10 {2x16GB}
Video Card(s) ASUS Dual Radeon™ RX 6700 XT OC Edition
Storage Samsung 970 Evo 512GB SSD (Boot)|WD SN770 (Gaming)|2x 3TB Toshiba DT01ACA300|2x 2TB Crucial BX500
Display(s) LG GP850-B
Case Corsair 760T (White)
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V573|Speakers: JBL Control One|Auna 300-CN|Wharfedale Diamond SW150
Power Supply Corsair AX760
Mouse Logitech G900
Keyboard Duckyshine Dead LED(s) III
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
I don't mind not having PC exclusives with "ports" like BF3 :)

not a port

Consoles get Xbox/PS3 exclusive games all the time. Why cant we have the same thing? If they bothered to make games properly and not give us utter shite games like MW2, MW3 and black ops then I'd happily pay a little bit extra for them.

we need something to draw in the crowds to the platform. Making PC games 100x better then their console iterations is a good start, and thats how everyone started at first. then they got incredibly fucking lazy and decided it took too much time and effort. to make 2 different versions for the same game, but yet saw fit to hike the prices up and charge us more for something they are putting less effort into create.

If they made some good titles 'pc only' im sure people might get curious and be drawn into the pc gaming platform. Pc's are so much more powerful then consoles but yet the developers deny the PC gaming community their right to shine. and lump us with the rest of the shit in the console pile. hopefully, by EA making BF3 a proper game for PC that didnt start life on the drawing board as 'console first' will start a snowball effect with the other studios and mark a turning point in the industry where developers went back to their roots and made quality games.

as i said before. I dont mind paying a little extra for a game if they really put time and effort into making better then their the console variants.

Wrigleyvillain

PTFO or GTFO
System Name DarkStar
Processor i5 3570K 4.4Ghz
Motherboard Asrock Z77 Extreme 3
Cooling Apogee HD White/XSPC Razer blocks
Memory 8GB Samsung Green 1600
Video Card(s) 2 x GTX 670 4GB
Storage 2 x 120GB Samsung 830
Display(s) 27" QNIX
Case Enthoo Pro
Power Supply Seasonic Platinum 760
Mouse Steelseries Sensei
Keyboard Ducky Pro MX Black
Software Windows 8.1 x64
Maybe this was already posted or discussed as it follows from the PS3 footage from Jimmy Fallon (and there really shouldn't be any surprise) but BF3 will run at 720P and 30 FPS on consoles.

Subjecting oneself to this utterly subpar experience is akin to going to 31 Flavors and having a single scoop of vanilla in a plastic dish. Without a spoon.

System Name Crisco / Backup
Processor AMD Ryzen 3600 / FX 6300
Motherboard ASUS X570 / Gigabyte 970-DS3p-FX
Cooling Wraith Stealth / AMD Factory
Memory G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR4 16 GB (3200) / G.Skill Ripjaw DDR3 16 GB (1600)
Video Card(s) XFX Radeon RX 5700 8 GB GDDR6 / Asus RX 470 8 GB GDDR5
Storage Kingston 480gb SSD, Hitachi Ultrastar 2 TB, 1 TB Caviar Black /Hitachi 500 gb, 2 Seagate 320 GB
Display(s) Viotek 34-Inch Ultrawide Curved 100Hz 3440x1440p, / 52" Sharp 1080p
Case Coolermaster Elite 430 / ROSEWILL ATX Mid Tower
Audio Device(s) Realtek HD: 5.1 Technics DD / Plantronic Gamecom 7.1 headset/5.1 Digital Home Theatre
Power Supply Thermaltake 750 watt / Corsair 550 watt Modular
Mouse Logitech G502 SE HERO / Logitech G602
Keyboard Gamesir GK100 / Steel Series
Software Windows 10 Home 64-bit / Windows 10 Home 64 bit
Maybe this was already posted or discussed as it follows from the PS3 footage from Jimmy Fallon (and there really shouldn't be any surprise) but BF3 will run at 720P and 30 FPS on consoles.

Subjecting oneself to this utterly subpar experience is akin to going to 31 Flavors and having a single scoop of vanilla in a plastic dish. Without a spoon.
:roll: No shit !

1Kurgan1

The Knife in your Back
System Name My Comp | Fiancees Comp
Processor i7 5820k @ 4.6Ghz 1.285v| i5 2500k
Motherboard MSI x99 SLI Plus | AsRock Z77 Pro 3
Cooling Watercooled
Memory 16GB DDR4 2400 @ 2666 | 12GB DDR3 1600
Video Card(s) AMD R9 290x | MSI 5850 OC
Storage 128gb SSD + 2x 2TB | 2TB
Display(s) Asus 27" LCD | 25" Hanns G
Case CM Storm | CM Elite 430
Audio Device(s) Creative Recon 3D PCIe
Power Supply Enermax Galaxy 1250W | Rosewill 630w
Mouse Logitech G700s | Logitech G100s
Keyboard Logitech G901 | Logitech G105
Software Win 8.1 Ultimate x64 | Win 8.1 Ultimate x64
Benchmark Scores 3D Mark - Fire Strike Extreme - 4403

Wrigleyvillain

PTFO or GTFO
System Name DarkStar
Display(s) 27" QNIX
Case Enthoo Pro
Mouse Steelseries Sensei
Software Windows 8.1 x64
:roll: No shit !

Look, obviously not everyone has the time and money for high end, trouble-free PC gaming but c'mon. It just really makes no sense to try and play this game on a 5+ year old Xbox. Yet millions will and complain about it to boot as they have already begun to do.

TheMailMan78

Big Member
System Name TheMailbox 5.0 / The Mailbox 4.5
Processor RYZEN 1700X / Intel i7 2600k @ 4.2GHz
Motherboard Fatal1ty X370 Gaming K4 / Gigabyte Z77X-UP5 TH Intel LGA 1155
Cooling MasterLiquid PRO 280 / Scythe Katana 4
Memory ADATA RGB 16GB DDR4 2666 16-16-16-39 / G.SKILL Sniper Series 16GB DDR3 1866: 9-9-9-24
Video Card(s) MSI 1080 "Duke" with 8Gb of RAM. Boost Clock 1847 MHz / ASUS 780ti
Storage 256Gb M4 SSD / 128Gb Agelity 4 SSD , 500Gb WD (7200)
Display(s) LG 29" Class 21:9 UltraWide® IPS LED Monitor 2560 x 1080 / Dell 27"
Case Cooler Master MASTERBOX 5t / Cooler Master 922 HAF
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1220 Audio Codec / SupremeFX X-Fi with Bose Companion 2 speakers.
Power Supply Seasonic FOCUS Plus Series SSR-750PX 750W Platinum / SeaSonic X Series X650 Gold
Mouse SteelSeries Sensei (RAW) / Logitech G5
Keyboard Razer BlackWidow / Logitech (Unknown)
Software Windows 10 Pro (64-bit)
Benchmark Scores Benching is for bitches.

1Kurgan1

The Knife in your Back
System Name My Comp | Fiancees Comp
Processor i7 5820k @ 4.6Ghz 1.285v| i5 2500k
Motherboard MSI x99 SLI Plus | AsRock Z77 Pro 3
Cooling Watercooled
Memory 16GB DDR4 2400 @ 2666 | 12GB DDR3 1600
Video Card(s) AMD R9 290x | MSI 5850 OC
Storage 128gb SSD + 2x 2TB | 2TB
Display(s) Asus 27" LCD | 25" Hanns G
Case CM Storm | CM Elite 430
Audio Device(s) Creative Recon 3D PCIe
Power Supply Enermax Galaxy 1250W | Rosewill 630w
Mouse Logitech G700s | Logitech G100s
Keyboard Logitech G901 | Logitech G105
Software Win 8.1 Ultimate x64 | Win 8.1 Ultimate x64
Benchmark Scores 3D Mark - Fire Strike Extreme - 4403
Yes it will, also don't forget to vote for Gamespots Readers Choice Awards!

http://e3.gamespot.com/special-feature/best-of-e3-2011/game-of-the-show/index.html?page=1

So far here are the results, looks like a slaughtering (and by the fans at that)

TheMailMan78

Big Member
Memory ADATA RGB 16GB DDR4 2666 16-16-16-39 / G.SKILL Sniper Series 16GB DDR3 1866: 9-9-9-24
Video Card(s) MSI 1080 "Duke" with 8Gb of RAM. Boost Clock 1847 MHz / ASUS 780ti
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1220 Audio Codec / SupremeFX X-Fi with Bose Companion 2 speakers.
Power Supply Seasonic FOCUS Plus Series SSR-750PX 750W Platinum / SeaSonic X Series X650 Gold
System Name Bandit 2: Ryzen Boogaloo
Processor AMD R5 3600X
Motherboard MSI X470 Gaming Pro Carbon
Cooling Stock
Memory G.SKILL TridentZ 16GB @ 3200
Video Card(s) PowerColor RX 5700XT
Storage Samsung 960 EVO m.2 500GB; Seagate FireCuda 2TB
Display(s) Viotek GN32Q
Case Fractal Design Define C
Audio Device(s) Creative Sound Blaster Z
Power Supply EVGA SuperNOVA 750
Mouse Cougar Revenger S
Keyboard ROCCAT Ryos MK Pro
Software Windows 10 Professional
I can't help but notice Gamespots addiction to Hitman Absolution across their awards categories. Hitman taking Editor's choice over BF3...I'm astonished by that.

Mindweaver

Moderato®™
Staff member
System Name Tower of Power / Sechs
Processor i7 14700K / i7 5820k @ 4.5ghz
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming WiFi D4 / X99S GAMING 7
Cooling CM MasterLiquid ML360 Mirror ARGB Close-Loop AIO / CORSAIR Hydro Series H100i Extreme
Memory CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4 3600 / G.Skill DDR4 2800 16GB 4x4GB
Video Card(s) ASUS TUF Gaming GeForce RTX 4070 Ti / ASUS TUF Gaming GeForce RTX 3070 V2 OC Edition
Storage 4x Samsung 980 Pro 1TB M.2, 2x Crucial 1TB SSD / Samsung 870 PRO 500GB M.2
Display(s) Samsung 32" Odyssy G5 Gaming 144hz 1440p, ViewSonic 32" 72hz 1440p / 2x ViewSonic 32" 72hz 1440p
Case Phantek "400A" / Phanteks “Enthoo Pro series”
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC4080 / Azalia Realtek ALC1150
Power Supply Corsair RM Series RM750 / Corsair CXM CX600M
Mouse Glorious Gaming Model D Wireless / Razer DeathAdder Chroma
Keyboard Glorious GMMK with box-white switches / Keychron K6 pro with blue swithes
VR HMD Quest 3 (128gb) + Rift S + HTC Vive + DK1
Software Windows 11 Pro x64 / Windows 10 Pro x64
Benchmark Scores Yes
I know this is an early request, but what do you guys think about someone in the club house do a live feed of the early access demo/beta? Just a thought.. What do you guys think?

Wrigleyvillain

PTFO or GTFO
System Name DarkStar
Display(s) 27" QNIX
Case Enthoo Pro
Mouse Steelseries Sensei
Software Windows 8.1 x64
Sure! Just send me the beta! :laugh:

Processor Intel Core i5-3570K
Motherboard Asus P8Z77-V Pro
Cooling Noctua NH-D14
Memory 8GB Mushkin Blackline DDR3-1600
Video Card(s) Gigabyte GTX 670
Storage Intel 520 60GB, Seagate Barracuda XT 2TB
Display(s) BenQ 24" XL2420T
Case Corsair 550D
Audio Device(s) Sennheiser HD600, Audeze LCD-3F, Mytek Stereo 192 DSD, La Figaro 339, Burson HA-160, Geek Pulse X
Power Supply Corsair AX650
Mouse steelseries Sensei MLG edition
Keyboard Cooler Master QuickFire Pro
Software Windows 7 64-bit Home Premium
I can't help but notice Gamespots addiction to Hitman Absolution across their awards categories. Hitman taking Editor's choice over BF3...I'm astonished by that.

Gerstmann was dismissed from his position at GameSpot as Editorial Director on November 28, 2007. Immediately after his termination, rumors circulated proclaiming his dismissal was a result of external pressure from Eidos Interactive the publisher of Kane & Lynch: Dead Men which Gerstmann had previously given a Fair rating, which is relatively undesirable, along with critique. This was at a time when Eidos had been putting heavy advertising money into GameSpot, going as far as transforming the entire website to use a Kane & Lynch theme and background instead of the regular GameSpot layout, regardless of which game or page viewers were seeing. Both GameSpot and parent company CNET stated that his dismissal was unrelated to the negative review, but have never cited any reason why his termination was deserved.

what else does Eidos publish? oh yeah Hitman: Absolution.

System Name PC
Processor AMD Ryzen 3600
Motherboard MSI B450 Mortar Max
Cooling Phanteks PH-TC12DX, 3 x NZXT FN 140mm, 1x NZXT FV V2 120mm
Memory 32gb DDR4 3200mhz
Video Card(s) ASUS R9 290 DCII-OC 4GB
Storage corsair mp600 1TB
Display(s) LG 27MB85Z 27" 1440p
Case NZXT Source 340
Power Supply Thermaltake 675w
Mouse Logitech G500S
Keyboard Logitech G510S
Software Windows 8.1 64 bit

TheMailMan78

Big Member
what else does Eidos publish? oh yeah Hitman: Absolution.

LOL Politics in games. Ya know when I was a kid reading how great Robocop or Festers Quest was for the NES in Nintendo Power I would have never thought it was a lie. :laugh:

No shes right. Bumblebee is of the old school like me. We have seen it go from a BS little industry to a billion dollar power house. When that much money is involved corruption follows.

Cooling Noctua NH-D14
Case Corsair 550D
Audio Device(s) Sennheiser HD600, Audeze LCD-3F, Mytek Stereo 192 DSD, La Figaro 339, Burson HA-160, Geek Pulse X
Frank Provo left GameSpot after eight years stating that "I believe CNET management let Jeff go for all the wrong reasons. I believe CNET intends to soften the site's tone and push for higher scores to make advertisers happy."

GameSpot staffers Alex Navarro, Ryan Davis, Brad Shoemaker, and Vinny Caravella also left as a result of Gerstmann's termination

Last edited:
System Name PC
Processor AMD Ryzen 3600
Memory 32gb DDR4 3200mhz
Case NZXT Source 340
Mouse Logitech G500S
Keyboard Logitech G510S
No shes right. Bumblebee is of the old school like me. We have seen it go from a BS little industry to a billion dollar power house. When that much money is involved corruption follows.

of course theres corruption, any industry worth more then a few 1000 has it to some degree?

it does seem to be mainly guesswork and assumptions though

Cooling Noctua NH-D14
Case Corsair 550D
System Name PC
Processor AMD Ryzen 3600
Memory 32gb DDR4 3200mhz
Case NZXT Source 340
Mouse Logitech G500S
Keyboard Logitech G510S

TheMailMan78

Big Member
Status
Not open for further replies.