• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Battlefield 3 Clubhouse

Status
Not open for further replies.

1Kurgan1

The Knife in your Back
System Name My Comp | Fiancees Comp
Processor i7 5820k @ 4.6Ghz 1.285v| i5 2500k
Motherboard MSI x99 SLI Plus | AsRock Z77 Pro 3
Cooling Watercooled
Memory 16GB DDR4 2400 @ 2666 | 12GB DDR3 1600
Video Card(s) AMD R9 290x | MSI 5850 OC
Storage 128gb SSD + 2x 2TB | 2TB
Display(s) Asus 27" LCD | 25" Hanns G
Case CM Storm | CM Elite 430
Audio Device(s) Creative Recon 3D PCIe
Power Supply Enermax Galaxy 1250W | Rosewill 630w
Mouse Logitech G700s | Logitech G100s
Keyboard Logitech G901 | Logitech G105
Software Win 8.1 Ultimate x64 | Win 8.1 Ultimate x64
Benchmark Scores 3D Mark - Fire Strike Extreme - 4403
nope you need the Origin account as one full account.IE Qrigin=Nuclear Fallout BF3battlelog=Nuclear Fallout

That would surprise me if they forced you to use your Origin name as your soldier name.

I doubt this. you can only have one origin account, you can have multiple soldiers, and they can NOT have the same name, nor the same friends list. therefore, battlelog must have a separate friends list.

I agree, but not sure on multiple soldiers. I haven't ever been able to make a second soldier in BC2, always asks me when making a new account to enter serial keys and my ones I already used obviously don't work. Wasn't sure how you had tested making a new soldier, maybe I missed something though.

Black Haru

Staff member
That would surprise me if they forced you to use your Origin name as your soldier name.

I agree, but not sure on multiple soldiers. I haven't ever been able to make a second soldier in BC2, always asks me when making a new account to enter serial keys and my ones I already used obviously don't work. Wasn't sure how you had tested making a new soldier, maybe I missed something though.

I have two soldiers in bc2, never had an issue. I know people (zen I believe) that have 3+ level 50s.

System Name FumoffuFumoffu
Processor Intel i7 4770K
Motherboard Gigabyte Z87X -UD3H
Cooling Corsair H100i
Memory 16GB DDR3 1600 Crucial Ballistix
Video Card(s) Sapphire AMD Radeon HD 7970 OC
Storage 1- WD 500GB 1- Samsung F2 1.5TB 1- Crucial M4 128GB SSD 1-256GB ADATA XPG SX900 ASX900S3 SSD
Display(s) Hanns-G HZ281HPB 27.5'' 3ms Full HD 1920x1200 WideScreen LCD Monitor
Case Corsair Graphite Series 600T
Audio Device(s) Creative Soundblaster X-Fi Titanium
Power Supply Corsair HX 750W Gold
Software Windows 7 Pro x64
I'm Mr. Bombastic say me fantastic...........yeah:pimp:

System Name RyZen FX
Processor AMD Ryzen 9 5900x
Motherboard Gigabyte B550 Aorus Elite AX V2
Cooling DeepCool AK400 Zero Dark Plus
Memory Corsair CMK32GX4M2E3200C16 X2 32gig dual channel
Video Card(s) ASUS RX 7700XT TUF OC
Storage x2 Lexar SSD NM710 2TB 2XSeagate 1Terrabyte 1x Seagate 2 Terrabyte
Display(s) 40 Inch Samsung HDTV (monitor)
Case HAF-X:)
Audio Device(s) AMD/HDMI to Onkyo HT-R508 Receiver
Power Supply EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 G2 Power Supply
Software Windows 10 Pro X64
I can almost grantee that unlocks will not be persistent from beta to final release.

agreed.

I doubt this. you can only have one origin account, you can have multiple soldiers, and they can NOT have the same name, nor the same friends list. therefore, battlelog must have a separate friends list.

If that was the case why does it say you have to have the same login as your Origin account. Also if you have the same solder name for Origin and Battle log right. Also solider names can change but most honest player like to keep their names just change classes. just don`t get caught hacking the game or using cheats.....They will ban you accounts period. They have done this in Battlefield play 4 free, They do it this way to prevent cheater using multi names and getting away with it.

1Kurgan1

The Knife in your Back
Cooling Watercooled
I have two soldiers in bc2, never had an issue. I know people (zen I believe) that have 3+ level 50s.

What do you do when it asks for the cd key? Me and 2 other friends have tried and it doesn't work.

If that was the case why does it say you have to have the same login as your Origin account. Also if you have the same solder name for Origin and Battle log right. Also solider names can change but most honest player like to keep their names just change classes. just don`t get caught hacking the game or using cheats.....They will ban you accounts period. They have done this in Battlefield play 4 free, They do it this way to prevent cheater using multi names and getting away with it.

Where does it say you have to have the same login as the Origin account? And I login to BC1 as my email, then select my soldier name, why couldn't you login to BF3 as your origin account then select soldier name?

Processor Intel i7 4770K
Cooling Corsair H100i
Storage 1- WD 500GB 1- Samsung F2 1.5TB 1- Crucial M4 128GB SSD 1-256GB ADATA XPG SX900 ASX900S3 SSD
What do you do when it asks for the cd key? Me and 2 other friends have tried and it doesn't work.

Where does it say you have to have the same login as the Origin account? And I login to BC1 as my email, then select my soldier name, why couldn't you login to BF3 as your origin account then select soldier name?

are you on console? Maybe that is why. On Pc no prob

System Name Wopper
Processor Intel i5 3570 @ 4.2 Ghz
Motherboard ASRock Z77 Extreme4
Cooling Noctua NH-D14
Memory 8 GB
Video Card(s) eVGA GTX 760 3Gb w/acx cooling
Storage 120Gb Evo SSD + 2 GB Games + 1.5 TB Data
Display(s) ViewSonic VX2268WM 22-Inch 120 Hz 3D-Ready
Case Antec P182
Audio Device(s) Realtec onboard
Power Supply Antec TruePower New 550W
Software Windows 8.1 Pro

Not sure if you are hitting the create button on the correct screen. There is one on the EA login screen to create a new EA Account, then there is one on the next screen, as seen below. I just went in an created a chicken_little soldier name, and it didn't ask me for any key.

If you have auto-login enabled, you may be skipping past this screen. Uncheck it on the EA login screen.

Perhaps it is different for the Steam version? Mine is retail.

Last edited:

1Kurgan1

The Knife in your Back
Cooling Watercooled
Yeah I just realized that after I typed what I did about the Origin account, was going to login and see if I could do it.

Processor Intel i7 4770K
Cooling Corsair H100i
Not sure if you are hitting the create button on the correct screen. There is one on the EA login screen to create a new EA Account, then there is one on the next screen, as seen below. I just went in an created a chicken_little soldier name, and it didn't ask me for any key.

If you have auto-login enabled, you may be skipping past this screen. Uncheck it on the EA login screen.

Perhaps it is different for the Steam version? Mine is retail.

http://img72.imageshack.us/img72/3953/bfbc2soldier.png

nope it is the same with Steam.

Wrigleyvillain

PTFO or GTFO
System Name DarkStar
Processor i5 3570K 4.4Ghz
Motherboard Asrock Z77 Extreme 3
Cooling Apogee HD White/XSPC Razer blocks
Memory 8GB Samsung Green 1600
Video Card(s) 2 x GTX 670 4GB
Storage 2 x 120GB Samsung 830
Display(s) 27" QNIX
Case Enthoo Pro
Power Supply Seasonic Platinum 760
Mouse Steelseries Sensei
Keyboard Ducky Pro MX Black
Software Windows 8.1 x64
They'll give you Dead Space 2 no matter when you pre-ordered on Origin it would seem. Worked for me too (preordered a few weeks ago). They'll want the credit card last 4 and the order number. Was only a minute wait too...

http://support.ea.com/app/ask

Hey where the hell does it put these games? I installed Origin to my D: drive but I think DS2 is going to C: which is only a 60GB SSD. Anyone?

Edit: Found it in settings.

Last edited:
Processor Intel i7 4770K
Cooling Corsair H100i
They'll give you Dead Space 2 no matter when you pre-ordered on Origin it would seem. Worked for me too (preordered a few weeks ago). They'll want the credit card last 4 and the order number. Was only a minute wait too...

http://support.ea.com/app/ask

Hey where the hell does it put these games? I installed Origin to my D: drive but I think DS2 is going to C: which is only a 60GB SSD. Anyone?

Edit: Found it in settings.

I want to put BF3 on my SSD (C:) and the rest on Drives D: or X:.

System Name Wopper
Processor Intel i5 3570 @ 4.2 Ghz
Motherboard ASRock Z77 Extreme4
Cooling Noctua NH-D14
Memory 8 GB
Video Card(s) eVGA GTX 760 3Gb w/acx cooling
Storage 120Gb Evo SSD + 2 GB Games + 1.5 TB Data
Display(s) ViewSonic VX2268WM 22-Inch 120 Hz 3D-Ready
Case Antec P182
Audio Device(s) Realtec onboard
Power Supply Antec TruePower New 550W
Software Windows 8.1 Pro
ign.com - Battlefield 3 Developer Talks Mod Tools

DICE says mod tools still an option. Talks Origin, Frostbite 2 and tuning the game for consoles.

Australia, September 18, 2011

by Cam Shea
IGN AU

Battlefield 3 is more than just one of the year's most anticipated games. It's also one of the most contentious, sparking all sorts of debates - some justified, some blown entirely out of proportion. Should the PC version have mod tools? And why isn't it on Steam? Is it a big deal that the game will run at 30 frames per second on console? And why can't PS3 and 360 support 64 players online? These were a few of the topics that have set the Internet alight this year. To get DICE's perspective on a few of these issues – as well as other topics, we caught up with Karl Magnus Troedsson, the studio's General Manager.

IGN: A core part of Battlefield's heritage is giving gamers tools to mod the game and take it to new places. Why not do that with Battlefield 3?

Karl Magnus Troedsson: Well, first of all, we have a lot of respect for the modding community. They've done some awesome things, and there's also a bit of a parallel there for a lot of us getting into the games industry; in the early days when we were looking at other games, making our own games, reverse engineering other games to understand what was happening, it's somewhat similar to modding a game - it's getting more and more close to actually making your own game. So we have a lot of respect for the modding community.

At the same time, we haven't had mod support in our games for a long time, and there's a lot of reasons for that. First of all, DICE is committed to innovation and quality, whenever we do something. If we were to do mod support, it needs to be proper mod support, not some hack that we've thrown out there and then people scratch their heads. If we let it out there, it's going to be a good tool.

It's a huge investment for us to do something like that, and also a bit complicated, and to some degree there's also [a concern] security-wise. It's a bit scary to take an investment like Battlefield 3 and just let people dig into that engine and do whatever they want. We're dedicated to try and really limit the amount of hacks and exploits that come out there, but as soon as you let something like that out, people have all the tools in the world that they need to sit there and try to create cheats that actually would destroy the experience for a lot of other people. I'm not blaming mod tools for hacks and exploits in any way, but there's a lot of things we need to consider.

Mod tools won't be in Battlefield 3 when we ship it, but I can say this – we have heard the community loud and clear. We are talking about it in the studio. I'm not promising that we're going to do it in any way, but we have heard it, and we'll see what we do in the future.

IGN: It must be pretty cool getting Frostbite 2 out there and into the hands of other teams.

Karl Magnus Troedsson: Naturally, we're very flattered by this, that other teams within EA want to use the engine, but it's also a bit of a challenge. We have a separate team – the Frostbite 2 team – that handles this, so it's quite a big difference from them supporting one game to supporting more games within EA, but it's also very cool for us on the game team for Battlefield 3 because when [multiple] teams are on the same engine they can really share a lot more things, so we're starting to see things coming back into the engine from the various teams that really can help each other out, and that's a really cool experience.

IGN: Can you give me an example of something that's come back?

Karl Magnus Troedsson: An example, which isn't a real example, but is what's probably going to happen further down the line – usually these integrations back into the engine will happen more when the games are done I would argue – but for instance, we have a physics system for our vehicles. Maybe the Need for Speed team took that physics engine and then implemented their stuff on top and made it even better, because their physics engine is much more complex than ours probably, when it comes to vehicles. Then maybe at some point we'll integrate that back into the Frostbite 2 engine all the way to the core of it, so other teams can use that as well.

IGN: How does the difference between 64 players on PC and 32 on console influence map design?

Karl Magnus Troedsson: We're dedicated to making sure each version of Battlefield 3 makes the most out of the platform it's running on, but there are some changes we need to make, especially with consoles compared to PC, naturally, the PC being more powerful. But we have a good grasp of this. Those who've been following the series for a long time know that in the old Battlefield games you could play it with 64 players, but also a lower amount of players, meaning that we then scaled down the maps and the amount of vehicles, and these kind of things. And it's a natural way of thinking about it when you then play it with less players on console as well. We have a lot of history of knowing how to do this, so it's more of a technical challenge to get the most out of that platform when it comes to visuals, audio, animation etc, and putting each console's technical features to best use.

IGN: Does the fact that some people will be playing on game pads influence the wider design? Or is it more subtle than that?

Karl Magnus Troedsson: No, I would say that the different input devices, on console compared to keyboard and mouse on PC, is probably a bigger change for us, where we need to spend a lot of time – not revolutionising it, it's still the same gamepad as [players used] for the last game that we did, Battlefield: Bad Company 2, but you always want to refine it, make sure that it's as fine-tuned as it can be, because – we like to call it the 'second to second' experience - when you run and gun and shoot, it needs to be perfect, because if that doesn't work, then it doesn't matter what you have with the rest of the game. So we're really spending a lot of time making sure that the different gamepads on PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 are really fine-tuned, in collaboration with some assists, when it comes to how you aim at enemies and these kinds of things.

IGN: How do you guys feel about EA's Origin service and Battlefield 3 not appearing on Steam? I would assume that you guys would want your game to be available in as many places as possible.

Karl Magnus Troedsson: First of all, I like the idea of Origin. I like the idea that EA is dedicated to creating a service that actually latches onto the games, lets us have a direct communication with our players. It makes it easier for us to get updates to them, it adds that social layer of having your friends in one place. There's a lot of cool stuff in there. I can understand that people are a bit reluctant towards this in the beginning, but I would ask people to give it a shot and have a look at it. There's been other services out there that are now very established that have had perhaps a harder time in the beginning as well.

Our ambition with this game is to make it available in all channels possible, retail as well as e-tail, of course. In some cases, business terms get in the way, and it's sad when this happens and I really hope we can sort this in the future, but right now we're not on Steam.

Wrigleyvillain

PTFO or GTFO
System Name DarkStar
Processor i5 3570K 4.4Ghz
Motherboard Asrock Z77 Extreme 3
Cooling Apogee HD White/XSPC Razer blocks
Memory 8GB Samsung Green 1600
Video Card(s) 2 x GTX 670 4GB
Storage 2 x 120GB Samsung 830
Display(s) 27" QNIX
Case Enthoo Pro
Power Supply Seasonic Platinum 760
Mouse Steelseries Sensei
Keyboard Ducky Pro MX Black
Software Windows 8.1 x64

TheMailMan78

Big Member
System Name TheMailbox 5.0 / The Mailbox 4.5
Processor RYZEN 1700X / Intel i7 2600k @ 4.2GHz
Motherboard Fatal1ty X370 Gaming K4 / Gigabyte Z77X-UP5 TH Intel LGA 1155
Cooling MasterLiquid PRO 280 / Scythe Katana 4
Memory ADATA RGB 16GB DDR4 2666 16-16-16-39 / G.SKILL Sniper Series 16GB DDR3 1866: 9-9-9-24
Video Card(s) MSI 1080 "Duke" with 8Gb of RAM. Boost Clock 1847 MHz / ASUS 780ti
Storage 256Gb M4 SSD / 128Gb Agelity 4 SSD , 500Gb WD (7200)
Display(s) LG 29" Class 21:9 UltraWide® IPS LED Monitor 2560 x 1080 / Dell 27"
Case Cooler Master MASTERBOX 5t / Cooler Master 922 HAF
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1220 Audio Codec / SupremeFX X-Fi with Bose Companion 2 speakers.
Power Supply Seasonic FOCUS Plus Series SSR-750PX 750W Platinum / SeaSonic X Series X650 Gold
Mouse SteelSeries Sensei (RAW) / Logitech G5
Keyboard Razer BlackWidow / Logitech (Unknown)
Software Windows 10 Pro (64-bit)
Benchmark Scores Benching is for bitches.
System Name Crisco / Backup
Processor AMD Ryzen 3600 / FX 6300
Motherboard ASUS X570 / Gigabyte 970-DS3p-FX
Cooling Wraith Stealth / AMD Factory
Memory G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR4 16 GB (3200) / G.Skill Ripjaw DDR3 16 GB (1600)
Video Card(s) XFX Radeon RX 5700 8 GB GDDR6 / Asus RX 470 8 GB GDDR5
Storage Kingston 480gb SSD, Hitachi Ultrastar 2 TB, 1 TB Caviar Black /Hitachi 500 gb, 2 Seagate 320 GB
Display(s) Viotek 34-Inch Ultrawide Curved 100Hz 3440x1440p, / 52" Sharp 1080p
Case Coolermaster Elite 430 / ROSEWILL ATX Mid Tower
Audio Device(s) Realtek HD: 5.1 Technics DD / Plantronic Gamecom 7.1 headset/5.1 Digital Home Theatre
Power Supply Thermaltake 750 watt / Corsair 550 watt Modular
Mouse Logitech G502 SE HERO / Logitech G602
Keyboard Gamesir GK100 / Steel Series
Software Windows 10 Home 64-bit / Windows 10 Home 64 bit
System Name i7-PC / HTPC / iMac
Processor i7 3820 / Phenom II 940
Motherboard GIGABYTE G1.ASSASSIN2 / M3A79-T Deluxe
Cooling Corsair Hydro H100i / Scythe II (HS only)
Memory G.SKILL Trident X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3 1600mhz / 4GB DDR2 1066 (@800) Corsair Dominator
Video Card(s) GB Radeon HD 7950s 3GB / GB Radeon HD 7950s 3GB
Storage 2x 80GB Intel X-25, 2x600gb SATA, 1x1tb 5400RPM storage /1x600GB, 3x500GB,1x160,1x120 SATA
Display(s) 1x 27" Yamakasi / Vizio 42" HDTV
Case Lian Li Lancool PC-K58 / Antec 900
Audio Device(s) HT Omega Striker 7.1 / Onboard and HDMI from ATi Card
Power Supply PC Power & Cooling 750W / 610W
Software Ubuntu / Windows 8.1 Pro / OS X / PHPStorm / Gaming
I have all my games on an SSD. Its a lil faster but not worth the space waste IMO.

yeah i keep too many games installed to put them all on an ssd, and as you said - it makes little difference (for most games)

I do keep a few larger games that load alot of models, etc on an old ssd. it's fast but has the jmicron chip that makes it unusable (imo) as an os drive. i will use it for skyrim before bf3 though, not playing favorites just think it will make a bigger difference.

System Name BumBumBox
Processor AMD 5900x
Motherboard ITX
Cooling AIO
Memory 32GB
Video Card(s) 3080ti
Storage 2TB
Software Win11
Processor 2700x under H100i progeebee
Motherboard ASUS x470 prime
Cooling Fans
Memory gskill ripjaw 3200
Video Card(s) MSi Vega 64 ref
Storage 120Gb OCZ Vertex 2E SSD - 500Gb Games - 1.5tb Storage and Media
Case CM HAF 932
Power Supply Corsair TX750
Software Win 10
I keep game like BF on my SSd its 120gb so I dont mind one or two games installed there. I have another HDD for all my other games and Steam folder.

I do like how fast BC2 loads and the BF3 Alpha was equally as fast. I have no issues allocation SSD space for a game I'll play 500+ hours.

System Name Money Hole
Processor Core i7 970
Motherboard Asus P6T6 WS Revolution
Cooling Noctua UH-D14
Memory 2133Mhz 12GB (3x4GB) Mushkin 998991
Video Card(s) Sapphire Tri-X OC R9 290X
Storage Samsung 1TB 850 Evo
Display(s) 3x Acer KG240A 144hz
Case CM HAF 932
Audio Device(s) ADI (onboard)
Power Supply Enermax Revolution 85+ 1050w
Mouse Logitech G602
Keyboard Logitech G710+
Software Windows 10 Professional x64
Don't have an SSD I just want to play it :D

Agree.

Besides I've got me a couple 300GB VR for RAID0. Sure it isn't a SSD, but have you seen the price of those things!? :p

:D

System Name The Venerable One
Processor Intel Core i7 980x 3.33GHz
Motherboard EVGA X58 FTW3
Cooling Big Ass fan pointed at the motherboard with the side panel off FTW
Memory 12GB DDR3 1333
Video Card(s) EVGA GeForce GTX 680 Superclocked X2 in SLI
Storage Samsung 840 Pro 256MB SSD/1.5TB HDD internal
Display(s) Samsung SyncMaster 2443BWX 24" 1920X1200
Case SK-503 Super Case
Audio Device(s) X-Fi Xtreme Music
Power Supply SeaSonic 1000W Platinum Rated
Software Windows 7 Home SP1 64-bit
Benchmark Scores epic
TimSad has found me a few times. He has found gysgt a lot more than me, I read on TimSad's stats.

I have done a mobo swap and not reinstalled the OS and it worked perfectly. OFC, it was for the same make and model mobo but with an additional graphics card slot.

Spammers of any weapon aren't an issue to me.

Processor Intel i7 4770K
Cooling Corsair H100i
Agree.

Besides I've got me a couple 300GB VR for RAID0. Sure it isn't a SSD, but have you seen the price of those things!? :p

:D

$161 for Corsair M4 at 128GB.

1Kurgan1

The Knife in your Back
Cooling Watercooled
$161 for Corsair M4 at 128GB.

I got my WD 750 Black Edition RAID0 setup for $110 about 6 months ago, I wanted some more speed, but didn't want to sacrifice space, I like it.

System Name i7-PC / HTPC / iMac
Processor i7 3820 / Phenom II 940
Motherboard GIGABYTE G1.ASSASSIN2 / M3A79-T Deluxe
Cooling Corsair Hydro H100i / Scythe II (HS only)
Memory G.SKILL Trident X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3 1600mhz / 4GB DDR2 1066 (@800) Corsair Dominator
Video Card(s) GB Radeon HD 7950s 3GB / GB Radeon HD 7950s 3GB
Storage 2x 80GB Intel X-25, 2x600gb SATA, 1x1tb 5400RPM storage /1x600GB, 3x500GB,1x160,1x120 SATA
Display(s) 1x 27" Yamakasi / Vizio 42" HDTV
Case Lian Li Lancool PC-K58 / Antec 900
Audio Device(s) HT Omega Striker 7.1 / Onboard and HDMI from ATi Card
Power Supply PC Power & Cooling 750W / 610W
Software Ubuntu / Windows 8.1 Pro / OS X / PHPStorm / Gaming
I have no issues allocation SSD space for a game I'll play 500+ hours.

totally agreed, i just didn't notice a difference when i had bc2 installed on the ssd. it couldn't have been more than 5% loading time decrease, and imo that's nothing.

i guess i see battlefield as a well optimized franchise and it doesn't get hung up on hdd speeds anyway, so an ssd to decrease what's imo the least demanding part isn't worth it.

System Name White Theme
Processor Intel 12700K CPU
Motherboard ASUS STRIX Z690-A D4
Cooling Lian Li Galahad Uni w/ AL120 Fans
Memory 32GB DDR4-3200 Corsair Vengeance
Video Card(s) Gigabyte Aero 4080 Super 16GB
Storage 2TB Samsung 980 Pro PCIE 4.0
Display(s) Alienware 38" 3840x1600 (165Hz)
Case Lian Li O11 Dynamic EVO White
Audio Device(s) 2i2 Scarlett Solo + Schiit Magni 3 AMP
Power Supply Corsair HX 1000 Platinum
totally agreed, i just didn't notice a difference when i had bc2 installed on the ssd. it couldn't have been more than 5% loading time decrease, and imo that's nothing.

i guess i see battlefield as a well optimized franchise and it doesn't get hung up on hdd speeds anyway, so an ssd to decrease what's imo the least demanding part isn't worth it.

imo only MMO's or really big sandbox type games benefit from the speed of SSD drives, I had 2x SSD's to play with and I ended up giving one to my brother because I literally wasn't doing anything with it since I had no need to put games on there but WoW. :laugh: There definitely is a difference though in other games but the difference is in mere seconds so its barely noticeable. Although with the big maps of BF3 and all it might be too early to tell whether we'll gain anything by putting it on one of our Super Spectacular Drives :laugh: and I do remember BF 1942 taking years to load.

TheMailMan78

Big Member
System Name TheMailbox 5.0 / The Mailbox 4.5
Processor RYZEN 1700X / Intel i7 2600k @ 4.2GHz
Motherboard Fatal1ty X370 Gaming K4 / Gigabyte Z77X-UP5 TH Intel LGA 1155
Cooling MasterLiquid PRO 280 / Scythe Katana 4
Memory ADATA RGB 16GB DDR4 2666 16-16-16-39 / G.SKILL Sniper Series 16GB DDR3 1866: 9-9-9-24
Video Card(s) MSI 1080 "Duke" with 8Gb of RAM. Boost Clock 1847 MHz / ASUS 780ti
Storage 256Gb M4 SSD / 128Gb Agelity 4 SSD , 500Gb WD (7200)
Display(s) LG 29" Class 21:9 UltraWide® IPS LED Monitor 2560 x 1080 / Dell 27"
Case Cooler Master MASTERBOX 5t / Cooler Master 922 HAF
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1220 Audio Codec / SupremeFX X-Fi with Bose Companion 2 speakers.
Power Supply Seasonic FOCUS Plus Series SSR-750PX 750W Platinum / SeaSonic X Series X650 Gold
Mouse SteelSeries Sensei (RAW) / Logitech G5
Keyboard Razer BlackWidow / Logitech (Unknown)
Software Windows 10 Pro (64-bit)
Benchmark Scores Benching is for bitches.
imo only MMO's or really big sandbox type games benefit from the speed of SSD drives, I had 2x SSD's to play with and I ended up giving one to my brother because I literally wasn't doing anything with it since I had no need to put games on there but WoW. :laugh: There definitely is a difference though but the difference is in mere seconds so its barely noticeable. Although with the big maps of BF3 and all it might be too early to tell whether we'll gain anything by putting it on one of our Super Spectacular Drives :laugh: and I do remember BF 1942 taking years to load.

Thats true. Games like Fallout and such are were SSD shine for gaming.

Status
Not open for further replies.