• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Battlefield 3 Clubhouse

Status
Not open for further replies.
System Name My baby
Processor Athlon II X4 620 @ 3.5GHz, 1.45v, NB @ 2700Mhz, HT @ 2700Mhz - 24hr prime95 stable
Motherboard Asus M4A785TD-V EVO
Cooling Sonic Tower Rev 2 with 120mm Akasa attached, Akasa @ Front, Xilence Red Wing 120mm @ Rear
Memory 8 GB G.Skills 1600Mhz
Video Card(s) ATI ASUS Crossfire 5850
Storage Crucial MX100 SATA 2.5 SSD
Display(s) Lenovo ThinkVision 27" (LEN P27h-10)
Case Antec VSK 2000 Black Tower Case
Audio Device(s) Onkyo TX-SR309 Receiver, 2x Kef Cresta 1, 1x Kef Center 20c
Power Supply OCZ StealthXstream II 600w, 4x12v/18A, 80% efficiency.
Software Windows 10 Professional 64-bit
Min frames are what matter, I ran dual 5850's and even with a single 6950 my min frames are higher than the dual setup.

How is that possible. A single 5850 is ALMOST as fast as a single 6950

Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard ASUS TUF x670e
Cooling EK AIO 360. Phantek T30 fans.
Memory 32GB G.Skill 6000Mhz
Video Card(s) Asus RTX 4090
Storage WD m.2
Display(s) LG C2 Evo OLED 42"
Case Lian Li PC 011 Dynamic Evo
Audio Device(s) Topping E70 DAC, SMSL SP200 Headphone Amp.
Power Supply FSP Hydro Ti PRO 1000W
Mouse Razer Basilisk V3 Pro
Keyboard Tester84
Software Windows 11
Min frames are what matter, I ran dual 5850's and even with a single 6950 my min frames are higher than the dual setup.

A faster system memory bus will help those minimum framerates.

Wrigleyvillain

PTFO or GTFO
System Name DarkStar
Processor i5 3570K 4.4Ghz
Motherboard Asrock Z77 Extreme 3
Cooling Apogee HD White/XSPC Razer blocks
Memory 8GB Samsung Green 1600
Video Card(s) 2 x GTX 670 4GB
Storage 2 x 120GB Samsung 830
Display(s) 27" QNIX
Case Enthoo Pro
Power Supply Seasonic Platinum 760
Mouse Steelseries Sensei
Keyboard Ducky Pro MX Black
Software Windows 8.1 x64

True, but I still like the looks of that for my dual 6850s..slightly less powerful than 5850s but better scaling (hopefully such shines in this game).

Speaking of scaling...

An education is more important then any game you will ever play.

However,
If its an educational game you be playing then thats a different story.

People fail at life exams because they spend too much time glued to Warcraft or just computer games in general.

More BF3 talk and less Life Coaching, I say...

1Kurgan1

The Knife in your Back
System Name My Comp | Fiancees Comp
Processor i7 5820k @ 4.6Ghz 1.285v| i5 2500k
Motherboard MSI x99 SLI Plus | AsRock Z77 Pro 3
Cooling Watercooled
Memory 16GB DDR4 2400 @ 2666 | 12GB DDR3 1600
Video Card(s) AMD R9 290x | MSI 5850 OC
Storage 128gb SSD + 2x 2TB | 2TB
Display(s) Asus 27" LCD | 25" Hanns G
Case CM Storm | CM Elite 430
Audio Device(s) Creative Recon 3D PCIe
Power Supply Enermax Galaxy 1250W | Rosewill 630w
Mouse Logitech G700s | Logitech G100s
Keyboard Logitech G901 | Logitech G105
Software Win 8.1 Ultimate x64 | Win 8.1 Ultimate x64
Benchmark Scores 3D Mark - Fire Strike Extreme - 4403

My 5850's had a way higher peak and a higher average. I'm just assuming it's something to do with CF vs Single card.

A faster system memory bus will help those minimum framerates.

I don't got a black edition proc, I've ran as high as 280 FSB, right now I'm at 250.

System Name Wopper
Processor Intel i5 3570 @ 4.2 Ghz
Motherboard ASRock Z77 Extreme4
Cooling Noctua NH-D14
Memory 8 GB
Video Card(s) eVGA GTX 760 3Gb w/acx cooling
Storage 120Gb Evo SSD + 2 GB Games + 1.5 TB Data
Display(s) ViewSonic VX2268WM 22-Inch 120 Hz 3D-Ready
Case Antec P182
Audio Device(s) Realtec onboard
Power Supply Antec TruePower New 550W
Software Windows 8.1 Pro
For people reading at work that can't follow links...

New Battlefield Bog Post: Battlefield 3 Open Beta Dates Announced!

BY: HBrun POSTED: Sep 19, 2011, 12:00AM

Join the action in the Open Beta on our Operation Métro map! The Open Beta goes live on September 29th.

We are happy to announce that the eagerly awaited Battlefield 3 Open Beta starts Thursday, September 29th!

Running until October 10th, the Battlefield 3 Open Beta is your chance to play the game early, try out our free social platform Battlelog, and help us make the game even better by sending us your valuable feedback.

If you pre-order Battlefield 3 (PC digital download version) on Origin before September 25th, or if you have bought Medal of Honor: Limited Edition/Tier 1 Edition, you will get 48 hours early access to the Beta, meaning you can start playing Tuesday, September 27th. The full details on how you will be granted early acess is available on our new Beta section.

For Xbox 360 and Playstation 3, the Open Beta will be visible on the consoles' digital marketplaces under Battlefield 3. For PC, you need to install Origin and download the Open Beta from within the Origin application.

For all your Open Beta questions and answers, head to our new Beta section at the official Battlefield 3 site. Enjoy the Beta, and let us know what you think!

EA Press Release:

EA INVITES PLAYERS TO GO ABOVE AND BEYOND THE CALL ON SEPTEMBER 29 WITH THE BATTLEFIELD 3 MULTIPLAYER BETA
Advanced Frostbite 2 Engine, All-out Vehicle Warfare, Unrivaled Destruction and True Teamplay Deliver Epic Battles and Award-winning Gameplay in Battlefield 3

Guildford, UK. – September 20, 2011 – DICE, an Electronic Arts Inc. studio(NASDAQ: ERTS) today announced that the Battlefield 3™ multiplayer beta will open to all gamers on September 29, 2011. Players from around the world will have a chance to experience the game that industry critics have hailed as the ‘Best Online Multiplayer Game’ before itships on October 28, 2011. The beta is set in Paris on the Operation Metro map, where players work their way from lush parks on the outskirts of the city to a dark, bombed-out metro station, to the vibrant streets around the Paris stock exchange. Two elite tactical units square off in the series’popular Rush Mode. One side takes the offensive by attacking M-COM stations while the opposing squad defends and protects. For more information about the beta, players should visit www.battlefield.com/beta or follow @Battlefield on Twitter.

The Battlefield 3 multiplayer beta will be available for the PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system, the Xbox 360® videogame and entertainment system and PC. Gamers who pre-order the digital PC version of the game at Origin (powered by EA) will be granted early access to the beta starting on September 27, 2011. In addition, all customers that pre-ordered a Limited Edition of Medal of Honor™ will also receive early access to the beta starting on September 27, 2011.

Gamers in the beta can also log onto Battlelog, the game’s free social media network that allows gamers to communicate and compete with friends, track their stats and share their progress. Battlelog extends the in-game experience to be accessible anywhere, whether on a PC, console or handheld device.
Players are also invited to join the EA Gun Club for the latest shooter news, and to receive in-game benefits including access to the M1911 pistol and distinct badges in Battlefield 3. The M1911 pistol will also be available to registered Battlefield veterans.

Battlefield 3 is one the year’s most anticipated games, having won over 50 illustrious awards at all of the gaming industry’s major tradeshows. The game recently earned the coveted “Future Game Award” at the Tokyo Game Show, a prize that follows the honor of “Game of the Show” at GamesCom and “Action Game of the Show” at E3. Lauded by game critics for advancing the state of the art in gaming, Battlefield 3 is the only shooter that can deliver the physicality and emotion of being on the battlefield. It is thanks to the expertise of the development team at DICE and the power of the Frostbite™ 2 engine that Battlefield 3 delivers a massive sense of scale, best-in-class audio, completely destructible environments, hyper-real graphics and animation, and lets gamers pilot a whole range of vehicles from trucks and tanks to choppers and jets. Gamers that pre-order the Battlefield 3 Limited Edition will receive the Back to Karkand post-launch digital expansion pack at no extra charge.* This themed multiplayer pack features four highly celebrated maps from Battlefield 2™, each now boldly re-mastered using Frostbite 2. Completing the package are classic Battlefield 2 weapons and vehicles, unique rewards, new achievements/trophies, and more. Pre-order the Battlefield 3 Limited Edition now at http://store.origin.com/battlefield3.

Battlefield 3 hits retail stores on October 28, 2011 in the UK. For more information on Battlefield 3, please visit www.battlefield.com, and for the latest news on Battlefield please visit http://www.facebook.com/battlefield or follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/battlefield.

*Conditions and restrictions apply. See http://store.origin.com/battlefield3 for details.

About Electronic Arts
Electronic Arts (NASDAQ:ERTS) is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. The Company’s game franchises are offered as both packaged goods products and online services delivered through Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets. EA has more than 100 million registered players and operates in 75 countries.

In fiscal 2011, EA posted GAAP net revenue of $3.6 billion. Headquartered in Redwood City, California, EA is recognized for critically acclaimed, high-quality blockbuster franchises such as The Sims™, Madden NFL, FIFA Soccer, Need for Speed™, Battlefield, and Mass Effect™. More information about EA is available at www.eagames.co.uk/press.

EA, EA SPORTS, EA Mobile, POGO are trademarks of Electronic Arts Inc. Battlefield 3, Battlefield 2 and Frostbite are trademarks of EA Digital Illusions CE AB. PlayStation is a registered trademark of Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. Xbox and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies.

Twitter is a registered trademark of Twitter, Inc. Facebook is a registered trademark of Facebook, Inc. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.

Battlefield 3 Beta FAQ:

Full Beta FAQ from the Battlefield website:

WHAT ARE THE DATES FOR THE BETA?

THE OPEN BETA STARTS SEPTEMBER 29TH ON XBOX 360, PLAYSTATION 3, AND PC. THOSE THAT HAVE ALREADY PRE-ORDERED THE PC DIGITAL DOWNLOAD VERSION OF BATTLEFIELD 3 THROUGH ORIGIN OR OWN THE LIMITED/TIER 1 EDITION OF MEDAL OF HONOR FOR XBOX 360, PLAYSTATION 3 OR PC, WILL HAVE EARLY ACCESS STARTING ON SEPTEMBER 27TH. THE OPEN BETA ENDS ON OCTOBER 10TH.

WHERE DO I GET THE BETA?

On Playstation 3, the Beta will appear automatically on the Playstation Network Store. On Xbox 360, it will automatically appear on Xbox Live Marketplace. On PC, it will automatically appear in the Origin application's demo page.

HOW DO I INSTALL THE BETA?

ON CONSOLE, YOU SIMPLY DOWNLOAD THE BETA AND PLAY. ON PC, YOU FIRST INSTALL THE ORIGIN CLIENT FOUND ON WWW.ORIGIN.COM/DOWNLOAD AND THEN INSTALL THE BETA FROM WITHIN THE ORIGIN CLIENT. MORE DETAILS WILL BE AVAILABLE HERE BEFORE THE BETA STARTS.

IN WHICH LANGUAGES WILL THE BETA BE AVAILABLE?

The Open Beta and Battlelog will only be available in English, but there will be localized sections on the Battlelog Open Beta forum where you can leave feedback and get your questions answered.

IS ORIGIN REQUIRED TO PLAY THE BETA?

ORIGIN IS NOT REQUIRED TO PLAY ON XBOX 360 OR PLAYSTATION 3. FOR PC, ORIGIN WILL BE USED TO DISTRIBUTE THE BETA INSTALLATION AND run the game and THEREFORE NECESSARY TO PLAY.

WHAT IS ORIGIN?

ORIGIN IS A SERVICE FROM EA WHICH ALLOWS YOU TO EASILY BUY, DOWNLOAD AND PLAY GAMES. YOU CAN FIND THE ENTIRE ORIGIN FAQ BY CLICKING ON THIS LINK.

WHAT IS BATTLELOG?

Battlelog is our free social platform that ties into Battlefield 3 and lets you socialize, track stats, plan your next game, and more.

WHAT ARE THE MINIMUM AND RECOMMENDED SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS FOR PLAYING ON PC?

Minimum System Requirements
PROCESSOR: 2 GHZ DUAL CORE (CORE 2 DUO 2.4 GHZ OR ALTHON X2 2.7 GHZ)
MEMORY: 2 GB
HARD DRIVE: 20 GB
GRAPHICS CARD (AMD): DIRECTX 10.1 COMPATIBLE WITH 512 MB RAM (ATI RADEON 3000, 4000, 5000 OR 6000 SERIES, WITH ATI RADEON 3870 OR HIGHER PERFORMANCE)
GRAPHICS CARD (NVIDIA): DIRECTX 10.0 COMPATIBLE WITH 512 MB RAM (NVIDIA GEFORCE 8, 9, 200, 300, 400 OR 500 SERIES WITH NVIDIA GEFORCE 8800 GT OR HIGHER PERFORMANCE)
SOUND CAR DIRECTX COMPATIBLE
KEYBOARD AND MOUSE
DVD ROM DRIVE

Recommended System Requirements
PROCESSOR: QUAD-CORE CPU
MEMORY: 4 GB
HARD DRIVE: 20 GB
GRAPHICS CAR DIRECTX 11 COMPATIBLE WITH 1024 MB RAM (NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 OR ATI RADEON 6950)
SOUND CAR DIRECTX COMPATIBLE
KEYBOARD AND MOUSE
DVD ROM DRIVE

I GOT AN INVITE TO THE EARLY ACCESS BETA FOR XBOX 360, BUT I WOULD RATHER PLAY IT ON PLAYSTATION 3, CAN I SOMEHOW CHANGE THIS?

NO. HOWEVER, YOU CAN PLAY ON ANY PLATFORM WHEN THE OPEN BETA STARTS ON SEPTEMBER 29TH.

I BOUGHT THE LIMITED EDITION OF MEDAL OF HONOR, HOW DO I GET EARLY ACCESS?

FOR XBOX 360, YOU WILL RECEIVE AN EMAIL WITH INSTRUCTIONS AND YOUR PERSONAL EARLY ACCESS CODE. NOTE YOUR CODE AND FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS.
FOR PLAYSTATION 3, THE EARLY ACCESS OPEN BETA WILL AUTOMATICALLY APPEAR FOR YOU IN THE PLAYSTATION NETWORK STORE.
ON PC, YOU WILL RECEIVE AN EMAIL WITH INSTRUCTIONS AND YOUR PERSONAL EARLY ACCESS CODE. NOTE YOUR CODE AND FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS TO REDEEM THE CODE ON ORIGIN.

I PRE-ORDERED BATTLEFIELD 3 (PC DIGITAL DOWNLOAD VERSION) ON ORIGIN. HOW DO I GET EARLY ACCESS?

You will receive an email from us with instructions on your early access. The cutoff date for receiving early access by pre-ordering on Origin is September 25th.

I BOUGHT MEDAL OF HONOR LIMITED EDITION/TIER 1 EDITION ON STEAM. HOW DO I GET EARLY ACCESS?

IF YOU PURCHASED MEDAL OF HONOR THROUGH STEAM PRIOR TO JULY 26TH, 2011 CUT-OFF, YOU ARE ELIGIBLE FOR EARLY ACCESS TO THE BATTLEFIELD 3 OPEN BETA.
TO VIEW YOUR KEY, GO TO MEDAL OF HONOR IN YOUR STEAM LIBRARY, AND CLICK THE "CD KEY" LINK. FIND THE "BATTLEFIELD 3 OPEN BETA EARLY ACCESS" KEY.
BATTLEFIELD 3 IS DELIVERED THROUGH ELECTRONIC ARTS' ORIGIN CLIENT, WHICH YOU CAN DOWNLOAD HERE. www.origin.com/download
ONCE YOU HAVE ORIGIN INSTALLED, RUN IT AND LOG IN WITH YOUR ORIGIN ID. (THIS WILL BE THE SAME AS YOUR EA ACCOUNT ID USED IN METAL OF HONOR.). IN THE ORIGIN CLIENT, CLICK THE GEAR ICON IN THE TOP MENU BAR, AND THEN SELECT "REDEEM PRODUCT CODE".

WHAT TERRITORIES ARE THE BETA AVAILABLE IN?

THE BETA IS AVAILABLE in North America, South America, Europe, South Africa, Australia and New Zealand.

ARE THERE ANY RESTRICTIONS TO PLAY TIME IN THE BETA?

YOU CAN PLAY FOR AS LONG AS YOU WANT DURING THE TIME OF THE BETA. THERE WILL BE NO CAP ON HOW FAR YOU CAN RANK UP OR WHAT YOU CAN UNLOCK.

I SEE THERE ARE SERVERS UP FOR A SECOND MAP ON PC. CAN I ACCESS AND PLAY THIS MAP?

No. THIS MAP IS ONLY FOR INTERNAL BACK-END TESTS.

DOES THIS BETA REPRESENT FINAL GAME QUALITY?

THE BETA IS NOT FINAL SOFTWARE AND UPDATES WILL BE DONE BOTH TO THE GAME AND TO THE BACK-END PRIOR TO THE BATTLEFIELD 3 LAUNCH. YOUR PARTICIPATION WILL STILL HELP US IMPROVE THE FINAL GAME.

WILL MY STATS CARRY OVER FROM THE BETA TO THE FINAL GAME?

NO. WE ARE STILL FINE TUNING THE RANKING SYSTEM AND WE DON'T WANT TO GIVE BETA PLAYERS AN UNFAIR ADVANTAGE WHEN BATTLEFIELD 3 LAUNCHES. You will keep your soldier name, though.

I HAVE ADDITIONAL QUESTIONS ABOUT THE BETA

Please reach out to our Customer Service.

System Name [Daily Driver]
Processor [Ryzen 7 5800X3D]
Motherboard [Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS]
Cooling [be quiet! Dark Rock Slim]
Memory [64GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3600MHz (16GBx4)]
Video Card(s) [PNY RTX 3070Ti XLR8]
Storage [1TB SN850 NVMe, 4TB 990 Pro NVMe, 2TB 870 EVO SSD, 2TB SA510 SSD]
Display(s) [2x 27" HP X27q at 1440p]
Case [Fractal Meshify-C]
Audio Device(s) [Steelseries Arctis Pro]
Power Supply [CORSAIR RMx 1000]
Mouse [Logitech G Pro Wireless]
Keyboard [Logitech G512 Carbon (GX-Brown)]
Software [Windows 11 64-Bit]
Isnt operation metro what the alpha was? that map sucked imo.. felt way too much like cod.. makes sense to use it as the demo.. i mean beta.. to draw in a few cod gamers as sales.

System Name Komputor
Processor 2500k
Motherboard p5b d
Cooling stock
Memory 8gigs ddr 1600
Video Card(s) Asus Turbo GTX 970 4 gig
Storage sata II 500 gig
Display(s) 30inch Dell ultrasharp
Case Haf 922
Audio Device(s) Auzentech X-Fi Prelude
Power Supply 600w OCZ stealthxtream
Mouse Razer Death Adder
Keyboard Logitech G15
Software Win 7 home premium 64 bit.
It would seem to me that the map is also a good choice to get the "COD" crowd interested in BF3....no? They might not like a full on war with planes helis and huge open maps like us "adults" do. :)

System Name ODIN
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
Motherboard Gigabyte B550 Aorus Elite AX V2
Cooling Dark Rock 4
Memory G Skill RipjawsV F4 3600 Mhz C16
Video Card(s) MSI GeForce RTX 3080 Ventus 3X OC LHR
Storage Crucial 2 TB M.2 SSD :: WD Blue M.2 1TB SSD :: 1 TB WD Black VelociRaptor
Display(s) Dell S2716DG 27" 144 Hz G-SYNC
Case Fractal Meshify C
Audio Device(s) Onboard Audio
Power Supply Antec HCP 850 80+ Gold
Mouse Corsair M65
Keyboard Corsair K70 RGB Lux
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Benchmark Scores I don't benchmark.
It also gives them a change to show off light effects such as flashlights and light sources you can destroy to those who have not seen that yet. It also gives the alpha players a comparison point so they can provide feed back on improvements they notice. I was sure the Alpha and beta would run the same map, but many were hoping for a second map to play on as well.

System Name Komputor
Processor 2500k
Motherboard p5b d
Cooling stock
Memory 8gigs ddr 1600
Video Card(s) Asus Turbo GTX 970 4 gig
Storage sata II 500 gig
Display(s) 30inch Dell ultrasharp
Case Haf 922
Audio Device(s) Auzentech X-Fi Prelude
Power Supply 600w OCZ stealthxtream
Mouse Razer Death Adder
Keyboard Logitech G15
Software Win 7 home premium 64 bit.
On another note, will I not see anything in Origin until the day of the beta release? I have pre ordered BF3. I dont see my pre order or anything , they told me I wouldn't see anything till release day.

1Kurgan1

The Knife in your Back
Cooling Watercooled
It also gives them a change to show off light effects such as flashlights and light sources you can destroy to those who have not seen that yet. It also gives the alpha players a comparison point so they can provide feed back on improvements they notice. I was sure the Alpha and beta would run the same map, but many were hoping for a second map to play on as well.

Makes sense, especially the Alpha to Beta part. 3D spotting was all funky, some lights couldn't be shot out, I don't think destruction was completed yet, and ground had no tesselization. So should be interesting for those that got to play it before, wish I could compare, but didn't get a chance to play myself.

System Name Titan
Processor AMD FX-8350 4.6ghz
Motherboard AsRock 990FX Fatal1ty Professional
Cooling Corsair H100
Memory G.Skill RipjawsX 8gb
Video Card(s) XFX Double D 7970 3gb
Storage Western Digital Green 2TB 64mb Cache/ Western Digital 500gb
Display(s) iMac Display 2560 x 1440
Case NZXT Switch 810 White
Audio Device(s) Creative Sound Blaster Z
Power Supply Corsair AX1200
Software Windows 7 64-bit
It makes sad knowing that the retail version will probs be 10x more demanding than the alphatrial. On the alphatrial I was getting about 93-113 fps on average @ 1920x1080 D:

As long as I get 60+ fps at max, I will be a happy camper. (Not that I camp in game or anything lol)

System Name The SwagMachine / The Sister
Processor Core i5 3570K @5.2ghz 1.3V/ 1100T
Motherboard ASUS P8Z77-V / ASUS M5A99X EVO
Cooling Phanteks PH TC14PE / Corsair H40
Memory M379B5273DH0-YK0 2X4GB + PVI316G213C1QK 2X4GB / 2x4GB Patriot 2133
Video Card(s) PNY 780Ti /Windforce 7950
Storage 2xSamsung 840 EVO 250gb+WD10EZEX + WD30EZRX/ 1x WD1500 Black
Display(s) AOC Q2963PM+Acer S200HL / Acer S200L+ LG 22LD350
Case Fractal Define R4 / NZXT Trinity
Audio Device(s) Asus Xonar DG / Asus Xonar DG
Power Supply Seasonic 750X / ROSEWILL RG630-S12 630W R
Mouse Razer Deathadder Chroma / Roccat Kone+
Keyboard Razer Blackwidow 2013 Stealth / Roccat Isku
Software Windows 8.1 Pro / Windows 7 Ultimate
Benchmark Scores one time I scored a 3 on 3dmark 11
I'm still upset I didn't get to play :( I had my rig up and running the day it ended. Stupid Newegg rma taking a week and a half to rma :c

Black Haru

Staff member
Well at least my Two 5850s is faster than 1 580 :p

http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l227/GSVHammer/General/BC21920.png

..so maybe I can play at Max Settings

of course BFBC2 is using the old Frostbite engine, hopefully this picture can be the same when BF3 comes out, (wishful thinking)

I think that frostbite uses more CPU than people normally credit. I don't know what that test setup was, but I have yet to see my minimum drop below 75 on my 580. usually hovers between 90-110. (rig in specs)

if my min is below 60, I will likely pick up a second card. we will see.

1Kurgan1

The Knife in your Back
Cooling Watercooled
It makes sad knowing that the retail version will probs be 10x more demanding than the alphatrial. On the alphatrial I was getting about 93-113 fps on average @ 1920x1080 D:

As long as I get 60+ fps at max, I will be a happy camper. (Not that I camp in game or anything lol)

If you were happy with how it looked, then I wouldn't be worried since you had some frames to spare. Should allow you to use some of that extra eye candy that will be available.

System Name Titan
Processor AMD FX-8350 4.6ghz
Motherboard AsRock 990FX Fatal1ty Professional
Cooling Corsair H100
Memory G.Skill RipjawsX 8gb
Video Card(s) XFX Double D 7970 3gb
Storage Western Digital Green 2TB 64mb Cache/ Western Digital 500gb
Display(s) iMac Display 2560 x 1440
Case NZXT Switch 810 White
Audio Device(s) Creative Sound Blaster Z
Power Supply Corsair AX1200
Software Windows 7 64-bit
If you were happy with how it looked, then I wouldn't be worried since you had some frames to spare. Should allow you to use some of that extra eye candy that will be available.

I also remember reading one of the DICE tweets stating that "If you can play BC2 just fine, you'll be able to play BF3" Something along those lines. So this brings some comfort.

System Name The SwagMachine / The Sister
Processor Core i5 3570K @5.2ghz 1.3V/ 1100T
Motherboard ASUS P8Z77-V / ASUS M5A99X EVO
Cooling Phanteks PH TC14PE / Corsair H40
Memory M379B5273DH0-YK0 2X4GB + PVI316G213C1QK 2X4GB / 2x4GB Patriot 2133
Video Card(s) PNY 780Ti /Windforce 7950
Storage 2xSamsung 840 EVO 250gb+WD10EZEX + WD30EZRX/ 1x WD1500 Black
Display(s) AOC Q2963PM+Acer S200HL / Acer S200L+ LG 22LD350
Case Fractal Define R4 / NZXT Trinity
Audio Device(s) Asus Xonar DG / Asus Xonar DG
Power Supply Seasonic 750X / ROSEWILL RG630-S12 630W R
Mouse Razer Deathadder Chroma / Roccat Kone+
Keyboard Razer Blackwidow 2013 Stealth / Roccat Isku
Software Windows 8.1 Pro / Windows 7 Ultimate
Benchmark Scores one time I scored a 3 on 3dmark 11
I also remember reading one of the DICE tweets stating that "If you can play BC2 just fine, you'll be able to play BF3" Something along those lines. So this brings some comfort.

I thought I did too, no one else seemed to remember I thought I was crazy lol ;3 If the engine is close enough It'll be fine. If I need to bring down the AA down to 2x it's fine. I just dont want to have to bring it all the way down to low with shadows off to have it run at a decent res.

System Name Wopper
Processor Intel i5 3570 @ 4.2 Ghz
Motherboard ASRock Z77 Extreme4
Cooling Noctua NH-D14
Memory 8 GB
Video Card(s) eVGA GTX 760 3Gb w/acx cooling
Storage 120Gb Evo SSD + 2 GB Games + 1.5 TB Data
Display(s) ViewSonic VX2268WM 22-Inch 120 Hz 3D-Ready
Case Antec P182
Audio Device(s) Realtec onboard
Power Supply Antec TruePower New 550W
Software Windows 8.1 Pro
Battlefieldo - BETA Q&A WITH ZH1NT0

We’ve got more Beta news!

A Q&A with BF3 Global Community Manager Daniel Matros (zh1nt0) on a public teamspeak with the German community, and details of the discussion from the EAUK Forums have exposed some new unconfirmed details regarding Battlefield 3 and the release of the BF3 Beta next week on September 29th. We’ve broken down the list from the conversations below into bullets to keep it as short and sweet as possible.

Q&A

General Beta Info
  • Beta will not start at 00:00.
  • Between 2-3 gig beta client.
  • You can not UPDATE alpha client you need to re-download the new Beta Client.
  • Netcode is totally rewritten and new.
  • No level limit @ beta.
  • Cant join as a Squad if the Team is full so battlelog groups won’t get split.

Gameplay Info

• Autoheal on all vehicle’s after 10-15sec.
  • Vehicles autoregeneration ONLY under 75% Health.
  • Unlocks are for WEAPONS not for the classes you can not unlock red dot sight on gun1 and use it on gun 2.
  • Operation Metro got changed and has a new Layout, thats why they want to test balance again.
  • You have more then 1 knife animation, from behind, on the ground and you can NOT counter the knife attack.
  • You can still throw grenades to hear enemys yell.
  • You can not cook grenades.
  • You can join with friends on a server.
  • Friendly fire is On as the default setting.

Misc. Info

• You can use 3 screens if you have enough graphic power.
  • Next 1-3 weeks will be talking about new maps.
  • Caspian Border IS NOT THE BIGGEST MAP.
  • No Bombs on Jets.
  • When you get kicked you can see the reason in Battlelog.
  • Ranked Servers can be changed to unranked Servers.
  • Battlelog application for iPhone.
  • Battlelog can be updated without patching the game so we can get new stuff faster.
  • No weather or time changing in game.
  • No comment on the Battlerecorder.

System Name ODIN
Cooling Dark Rock 4
Storage Crucial 2 TB M.2 SSD :: WD Blue M.2 1TB SSD :: 1 TB WD Black VelociRaptor
Case Fractal Meshify C
Mouse Corsair M65
Battlefieldo - BETA Q&A WITH ZH1NT0

We’ve got more Beta news!

A Q&A with BF3 Global Community Manager Daniel Matros (zh1nt0) on a public teamspeak with the German community, and details of the discussion from the EAUK Forums have exposed some new unconfirmed details regarding Battlefield 3 and the release of the BF3 Beta next week on September 29th. We’ve broken down the list from the conversations below into bullets to keep it as short and sweet as possible.

Q&A

General Beta Info
  • Beta will not start at 00:00.
  • Between 2-3 gig beta client.
  • You can not UPDATE alpha client you need to re-download the new Beta Client.
  • Netcode is totally rewritten and new.
  • No level limit @ beta.
  • Cant join as a Squad if the Team is full so battlelog groups won’t get split.

Gameplay Info

• Autoheal on all vehicle’s after 10-15sec.
  • Vehicles autoregeneration ONLY under 75% Health.
  • Unlocks are for WEAPONS not for the classes you can not unlock red dot sight on gun1 and use it on gun 2.
  • Operation Metro got changed and has a new Layout, thats why they want to test balance again.
  • You have more then 1 knife animation, from behind, on the ground and you can NOT counter the knife attack.
  • You can still throw grenades to hear enemys yell.
  • You can not cook grenades.
  • You can join with friends on a server.
  • Friendly fire is On as the default setting.

Misc. Info

• You can use 3 screens if you have enough graphic power.
  • Next 1-3 weeks will be talking about new maps.
  • Caspian Border IS NOT THE BIGGEST MAP.
  • No Bombs on Jets.
  • When you get kicked you can see the reason in Battlelog.
  • Ranked Servers can be changed to unranked Servers.
  • Battlelog application for iPhone.
  • Battlelog can be updated without patching the game so we can get new stuff faster.
  • No weather or time changing in game.
  • No comment on the Battlerecorder.

I still got a knife for Daniel Matros. When I find him, I will mess him up bad.

1Kurgan1

The Knife in your Back
Cooling Watercooled
I still got a knife for Daniel Matros. When I find him, I will mess him up bad.

Are you going to whisper in his ear, "I'll cut you so bad, you'll wish I didn't cut you so bad"?

System Name Aluminum Mallard
Processor Ryzen 1900x
Motherboard AsRock Phantom 6
Cooling AIO
Memory 32GB
Video Card(s) EVGA 3080Ti FTW
Storage SSD
Display(s) Benq Zowie
Case Cosmos 1000
Audio Device(s) On Board
Power Supply Corsair CX750
VR HMD HTV Vive, Valve Index
Software Arch Linux
Benchmark Scores 31 FPS in Dalaran
Are you going to whisper in his ear, "I'll cut you so bad, you'll wish I didn't cut you so bad"?

No way. He should say that stuff in German when the Nazi was slowly plunging the knife into the Jewish soldier in Saving Private Ryan.

Or you could just broadcast this over VOIP

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icvRDSzB7Dc

In other news, I have my game preordered. My Origin ID is DannibusX.

Last edited:
System Name :)
Processor Intel 13700k
Motherboard Gigabyte z790 UD AC
Cooling Noctua NH-D15
Memory 64GB GSKILL DDR5
Video Card(s) Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC
Storage 960GB Optane 905P U.2 SSD + 4TB PCIe4 U.2 SSD
Display(s) Alienware AW3423DW 175Hz QD-OLED + Nixeus 27" IPS 1440p 144Hz
Case Fractal Design Torrent
Audio Device(s) MOTU M4 - JBL 305P MKII w/2x JL Audio 10 Sealed --- X-Fi Titanium HD - Presonus Eris E5 - JBL 4412
Power Supply Silverstone 1000W
Mouse Roccat Kain 122 AIMO
Keyboard KBD67 Lite / Mammoth75
VR HMD Reverb G2 V2
Software Win 11 Pro
System Name HAL
Processor Core i5 2500K
Motherboard Asus P8P67 Pro Rev3.1
Cooling stock
Memory 2x4GB Kingston 1600Mhz Blu
Video Card(s) Asus 560Ti DirectCuII TOP
Storage Kingston 120 3K SSD,WD Black WD1502FAEX
Display(s) LG 1440x900
Case Chieftec Mesh Midi
Audio Device(s) onboard
Power Supply Corsair TX750V2
Software w8

FreedomEclipse

~Technological Technocrat~
System Name Codename: Icarus Mk.VI
Processor Intel 8600k@Stock -- pending tuning
Motherboard Asus ROG Strixx Z370-F
Cooling CPU: BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 {1xCorsair ML120 Pro|5xML140 Pro}
Memory 32GB XPG Gammix D10 {2x16GB}
Video Card(s) ASUS Dual Radeon™ RX 6700 XT OC Edition
Storage Samsung 970 Evo 512GB SSD (Boot)|WD SN770 (Gaming)|2x 3TB Toshiba DT01ACA300|2x 2TB Crucial BX500
Display(s) LG GP850-B
Case Corsair 760T (White)
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V573|Speakers: JBL Control One|Auna 300-CN|Wharfedale Diamond SW150
Power Supply Corsair AX760
Mouse Logitech G900
Keyboard Duckyshine Dead LED(s) III
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
Well.....If you fail exams because you were playing BF3 instead of revising like you should - thats BF3 related talk IMO.

At least you can look back and say what a great game BF3 was in style with a big red 'F' for Fail stamped on your forehead

System Name ODIN
Cooling Dark Rock 4
Case Fractal Meshify C
Mouse Corsair M65

Ummm no it won't. The alpha trial was a incomplete game, but it was the full core engine. The retail product will be only slightly higher demand than the alpha and beta tests due to the engine simply being used more. It would never be even twice as demanding.

System Name White Theme
Processor Intel 12700K CPU
Motherboard ASUS STRIX Z690-A D4
Cooling Lian Li Galahad Uni w/ AL120 Fans
Memory 32GB DDR4-3200 Corsair Vengeance
Video Card(s) Gigabyte Aero 4080 Super 16GB
Storage 2TB Samsung 980 Pro PCIE 4.0
Display(s) Alienware 38" 3840x1600 (165Hz)
Case Lian Li O11 Dynamic EVO White
Audio Device(s) 2i2 Scarlett Solo + Schiit Magni 3 AMP
Power Supply Corsair HX 1000 Platinum
Ummm no it won't. The alpha trial was a incomplete game, but it was the full core engine. The retail product will be only slightly higher demand than the alpha and beta tests due to the engine simply being used more. It would never be even twice as demanding.

Unless they have an ultra crazy graphics setting up their sleeves like The Witcher 2 and Ubersampling :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.