• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Battlefield 3 Clubhouse

Status
Not open for further replies.

crazyeyesreaper

Not a Moderator
Staff member
System Name Old reliable
Processor Intel 8700K @ 4.8 GHz
Motherboard MSI Z370 Gaming Pro Carbon AC
Cooling Custom Water
Memory 32 GB Crucial Ballistix 3666 MHz
Video Card(s) MSI GTX 1080 Ti Gaming X
Storage 3x SSDs 2x HDDs
Display(s) Dell U2412M + Samsung TA350
Case Thermaltake Core P3 TG
Audio Device(s) Samson Meteor Mic / Generic 2.1 / KRK KNS 6400 headset
Power Supply Zalman EBT-1000
Mouse Mionix NAOS 7000
Keyboard Mionix
its a perfect comparison to how people percieve things

everyone expects Carmack to walk on water but he and his studio released a pile of shit lol

point is kurgan and you well know most day 1 issues that should be fixed usually are not, huge game breaking bugs get carried over from Beta's all the time that shouldnt have made it to Final release game, thats the point im making

i recognize its a beta i see theres issues, my problem is most of those issues will exist in the final release and take months to patch out regardless of what Dice wants to say, lol

i mean hell took them 6-7 months to fix a memory leak to stop the Realtek audio crashing the game, when it comes to BC2 lol if they cant fix an issue thats integral to the game actually running and takes 6-7 months i as a consumer am worried mostly because the state of software gets worse year over year with more focus on release now patch later but patches dont come,

how about i remind you of Sabotuoer or w.e ATI issues that were notorious with that EA title instead of truly fixing it they release a fix so the game runs like ass and then fire the entire studio so theres no one left to ever patch said game,

DICE might be huge they might be in higher standing yes there only testing battlelog, dosent mean i cant be completely 100% concerned with the rampant hacking, and god weapons, hit detection changes that punish users like me ;)

there are many issues i can tell already that wont ever be resolved in the game so im stuck dealing with poor design decisions. a Beta might be a Beta but usually underlying mechanics and base code seldom changes ;)

1Kurgan1

The Knife in your Back
System Name My Comp | Fiancees Comp
Processor i7 5820k @ 4.6Ghz 1.285v| i5 2500k
Motherboard MSI x99 SLI Plus | AsRock Z77 Pro 3
Cooling Watercooled
Memory 16GB DDR4 2400 @ 2666 | 12GB DDR3 1600
Video Card(s) AMD R9 290x | MSI 5850 OC
Storage 128gb SSD + 2x 2TB | 2TB
Display(s) Asus 27" LCD | 25" Hanns G
Case CM Storm | CM Elite 430
Audio Device(s) Creative Recon 3D PCIe
Power Supply Enermax Galaxy 1250W | Rosewill 630w
Mouse Logitech G700s | Logitech G100s
Keyboard Logitech G901 | Logitech G105
Software Win 8.1 Ultimate x64 | Win 8.1 Ultimate x64
Benchmark Scores 3D Mark - Fire Strike Extreme - 4403
I don't see it as a good comparison, because I don't see Carmack as a god. The guys smart, made some great games, but he can't mimic a public beta stress test. To compare it to a game in beta(BF3) that hasn't released, that bugs are being fixed for. To a release game(RAGE) that had no public beta and landed with bugs, it doesn't make a ton of sense. It's like saying you can compare cars to planes because both move forward.

And yep, sometimes annoying hard to fix bugs make it through at launch. But having played a lot of betas, I realize this isn't just a DICE specific thing. Even right now I am overall happy with BF3, I dislike instant death from bullets. But otherwise, everything else is pretty minor, select-able squads and weapon tuning (granted I hope they do look at this a bit). Also remember, a lot of issues you have are specific to servers in different locations in the US.

I don't hold DICE on a pedestal, or anyone else, and I look at this realistically. And realistically, beyond the client side hit detection, I think most other issues will be fixed with the game. Thats the only stand out that I see not being so simple. But like I said, this isn't just a DICE thing, almost any MP game that releases has it's own set of issues. And it seems people just want to scream that its specific to DICE, and it isn't.

crazyeyesreaper

Not a Moderator
Staff member
System Name Old reliable
Processor Intel 8700K @ 4.8 GHz
Motherboard MSI Z370 Gaming Pro Carbon AC
Cooling Custom Water
Memory 32 GB Crucial Ballistix 3666 MHz
Video Card(s) MSI GTX 1080 Ti Gaming X
Storage 3x SSDs 2x HDDs
Display(s) Dell U2412M + Samsung TA350
Case Thermaltake Core P3 TG
Audio Device(s) Samson Meteor Mic / Generic 2.1 / KRK KNS 6400 headset
Power Supply Zalman EBT-1000
Mouse Mionix NAOS 7000
Keyboard Mionix
no its not dice specific but come on hit detection has ALWAYS been a problem with dice for years haha

my point is kurgan just as youj said the problem is through out the entire industry

it dosent MATTER if theres a beta, when there is one the full realse of the game is still just as buggy, ;) it does get fixed just not nearly as quick as they say it will lol thats my key point ive no reason to believe BF3 wont be a great game in due time

but by look at at the past and BC2, using the same basic engine they took a step backwards added crap that was needed and broke something that WASNT broken to begin with.

people are bitching because the things that needed to change for the better did not, and thats the hang up. for the most part

HammerON

The Watchful Moderator
Staff member
System Name Threadripper
Processor 3960X
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix TRX40-XE
Cooling XSPC Raystorm Neo (sTR4) Water Block
Memory G. Skill Trident Z Neo 64 GB 3600
Video Card(s) PNY RTX 4090
Storage Samsung 960 Pro 512 GB + WD Black SN850 1TB
Display(s) Dell 32" Curved Gaming Monitor (S3220DGF)
Case Corsair 5000D Airflow
Audio Device(s) On-board
Power Supply EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 G5
Mouse Roccat Kone Pure
Keyboard Corsair K70
Software Win 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores Always changing~
I have played the Beta for over an hour and have enjoyed it! I believe that they are looking at what cheaters will do, testing how Battlelog will work and seek info on bugs with different systems. ATI and Nvidia are taking notes as they will be called to task. However you feel about this game in Beta should be somewhat reserved for the final release.
This game is different as it is played in a browser and I am really annoyed at the fact that I cannot change graphic settings unless in a match:(

1Kurgan1

The Knife in your Back
Cooling Watercooled
no its not dice specific but come on hit detection has ALWAYS been a problem with dice for years haha

my point is kurgan just as youj said the problem is through out the entire industry

it dosent MATTER if theres a beta, when there is one the full realse of the game is still just as buggy, ;) it does get fixed just not nearly as quick as they say it will lol thats my key point ive no reason to believe BF3 wont be a great game in due time

but by look at at the past and BC2, using the same basic engine they took a step backwards added crap that was needed and broke something that WASNT broken to begin with.

people are bitching because the things that needed to change for the better did not, and thats the hang up. for the most part

Easy fix for hit detection is laser bullets like COD. And honestly, I would rather have them try at real bullet physics and fail than to play with that shit. But if they do that people won't be happy, no one is every happy no matter what the choices are.

The maps are bigger, the kits are better, there are jets. All things people wanted, I would not call that a step backwards in any way shape or form. But people always look for the negative, rather than the things that make them happy.

Last edited:

johnspack

Here For Good!
System Name System2 Blacknet , System1 Blacknet2
Processor System2 Threadripper 1920x, System1 2699 v3
Motherboard System2 Asrock Fatality x399 Professional Gaming, System1 Asus X99-A
Cooling System2 Noctua NH-U14 TR4-SP3 Dual 140mm fans, System1 AIO
Memory System2 64GBS DDR4 3000, System1 32gbs DDR4 2400
Video Card(s) System2 GTX 980Ti System1 GTX 970
Storage System2 4x SSDs + NVme= 2.250TB 2xStorage Drives=8TB System1 3x SSDs=2TB
Display(s) 2x 24" 1080 displays
Case System2 Some Nzxt case with soundproofing...
Audio Device(s) Asus Xonar U7 MKII
Power Supply System2 EVGA 750 Watt, System1 XFX XTR 750 Watt
Mouse Logitech G900 Chaos Spectrum
Keyboard Ducky
Software Manjaro, Windows 10, Kubuntu 23.10
Benchmark Scores It's linux baby!
Well, I learned my lesson. Wait for final release stupid! Why get sucked into betas...... It has to get better.

FreedomEclipse

~Technological Technocrat~
System Name Codename: Icarus Mk.VI
Processor Intel 8600k@Stock -- pending tuning
Motherboard Asus ROG Strixx Z370-F
Cooling CPU: BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 {1xCorsair ML120 Pro|5xML140 Pro}
Memory 32GB XPG Gammix D10 {2x16GB}
Video Card(s) ASUS Dual Radeon™ RX 6700 XT OC Edition
Storage Samsung 970 Evo 512GB SSD (Boot)|WD SN770 (Gaming)|2x 3TB Toshiba DT01ACA300|2x 2TB Crucial BX500
Display(s) LG GP850-B
Case Corsair 760T (White)
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V573|Speakers: JBL Control One|Auna 300-CN|Wharfedale Diamond SW150
Power Supply Corsair AX760
Mouse Logitech G900
Keyboard Duckyshine Dead LED(s) III
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
The maps are bigger, the kits are better, there are jets. All things people wanted, I would not call that a step backwards in any way shape or form. But people always look for the negative, rather than the things that make them happy.

Bigger maps make me happy.
Jets make me happy
BF3 the sequel to BF2 in general makes me happy

but like other people said already. there are underlying problems with the game that make any forward progression of the game more like 2 steps back.

Squad management and an ingame server browser are very important things and they have a negative effect as the only way your gonna be able to play with your friends or clan all in the same squad is if you localise it to the same team and use teamspeak or ventrillo to communicate while you spawn on random people who might not even being doing fuck all but being a bush wookie because hes in your squad and you cant kick him or invite your friends into it. - the original squad management system didnt need to be fixed. they could have ran with the one from BF2 and no-one would complain. theyve just made things stupid and overly complicated when it doesnt need to be.

Ingame server browers - fine. its something we can all live without, but not having to quit the game just to search for games would be better. Its like theyve taken some critical things out of the game just so they can promote battlelog. and theres nothing you can do about it because battlelog is integrated into and part of the game.

the list goes on. but those are meerly minor niggles with the game that will no doubt hopefully be fixed in the final product.

System Name An experiment in continuous upgrading
Processor Intel Core i7 2600k @ 4.4 Ghz | FX-8570 @ 4.0 Ghz | Phenom II X4 965
Motherboard MSI P67A-GD53 | MSI 990FXA-GD80 | Asus M4A79 Deluxe
Cooling Noctua NH-D14 | Zalman CNPS10x | Coolermaster*212+
Memory 24gb DDR3-1866 |8Gb | 8Gb
Video Card(s) ASUS GTX 970 Turbo x 2 (SLI) | Sapphire Radeon 7970 + GTX 670 (PhysX) | Radeon 4870 1Gb
Storage 2x240gb SSD + 4tb SSHD + HDDs | 240gb SSD + HDDs | 120gb SSD + WD Blue 500gb
Display(s) ASUS VG248 144hz + Samsung S23A700D 120hz + 3D Vision | 40" Sony 1080p TV | 23" 1080p
Case Cooler Master HAF-X | Lian-Li PC-8 | Antec 302
Audio Device(s) Senn. PC360 G4ME | Sound Blaster Zx | Generic
Power Supply Corsair TX850W | Corsair TX 750 | OCZ 700
Mouse Steelseries Sensei | Logitech G402 W/L | Generic
Keyboard Filco Majetouch Ninja Tenkeyless MX Black | Logitech wireless |SteelSeries 6Gv2 MX Red
Software About 800 top-rated games. | 200 top-rated games | No games
Benchmark Scores No time for benching, I prefer gaming.
System Name Wopper
Processor Intel i5 3570 @ 4.2 Ghz
Motherboard ASRock Z77 Extreme4
Cooling Noctua NH-D14
Memory 8 GB
Video Card(s) eVGA GTX 760 3Gb w/acx cooling
Storage 120Gb Evo SSD + 2 GB Games + 1.5 TB Data
Display(s) ViewSonic VX2268WM 22-Inch 120 Hz 3D-Ready
Case Antec P182
Audio Device(s) Realtec onboard
Power Supply Antec TruePower New 550W
Software Windows 8.1 Pro
Planet Battefield - Battlefield 3 Gridiron Episode 1 & Rapper "Game" BF3 Concert

Monday, 3 October, 2011 at 23:44 PST | ^Scott^ | Print News
Earlier today a video appeared on the official Battlefield YouTube channel called Battlefield 3 Gridiron Episode 1. This looks to be a new series of videos featuring NFL players: Drew Brees, Jared Allen, Clay Mathews and Larry Fitzgerald who are all being put through some type of Battlefield 3 training program with Navy Seal: Team 6. The end of the video states:

Watch Spike TV on Monday, October 24th at Midnight eastern / 11 central for the premiere of GTTV presents Battlefield 3: Operation Gridiron

Speaking of odd celebrity and Battlefield 3 match ups...the Battlefield Facebook page announces "The Rapper "Game" and Battlefield 3 Live Concert".
Battlefield 3 and The Game are teaming up on a cross- country concert tour.

The first concert will be live streamed from Kansas State University on Wednesday, October 5th @ 10 PM ET.

Click "I'm Attending" if you plan to watch the concert live streamed on the Battlefield Facebook page and invite your friends to the event.

Last edited by a moderator:

1Kurgan1

The Knife in your Back
Cooling Watercooled
Squad management and an ingame server browser are very important things and they have a negative effect as the only way your gonna be able to play with your friends or clan all in the same squad is if you localise it to the same team and use teamspeak or ventrillo to communicate while you spawn on random people who might not even being doing fuck all but being a bush wookie because hes in your squad and you cant kick him or invite your friends into it. - the original squad management system didnt need to be fixed. they could have ran with the one from BF2 and no-one would complain. theyve just made things stupid and overly complicated when it doesnt need to be.

Ingame server browers - fine. its something we can all live without, but not having to quit the game just to search for games would be better. Its like theyve taken some critical things out of the game just so they can promote battlelog. and theres nothing you can do about it because battlelog is integrated into and part of the game.

the list goes on. but those are meerly minor niggles with the game that will no doubt hopefully be fixed in the final product.

In the beta you can't change hotkeys, even though it allows you to open the option to assign a new one. I haven't seen any official announcement on not being able to change squads (though maybe one is out there), and until I do I won't go around throwing a fit and assuming the sky is falling like everyone else tends to do. It's the beta, they are allowing us to test the things they want us to test.

Beyond that and hit detection, Battlelog is fine, there won't be an ingame option as it would just kill off Battlelog. There really isn't any other huge complaints, so I can't see how that is a step backwards, especially since BC2 already had hit detection issues. You couldn't search for servers in BC2 without leaving a game, now thats all of a sudden a big deal for BF3? I'm not sure what list you are talking about that goes on with huge bugs.

As far as it being a true sequel to BF2, all that seems to have done is promote camping, and that isn't a good thing.

**EDIT**
Playing and searching for servers right now at the sametime.

System Name HAL
Processor Core i5 2500K
Motherboard Asus P8P67 Pro Rev3.1
Cooling stock
Memory 2x4GB Kingston 1600Mhz Blu
Video Card(s) Asus 560Ti DirectCuII TOP
Storage Kingston 120 3K SSD,WD Black WD1502FAEX
Display(s) LG 1440x900
Case Chieftec Mesh Midi
Audio Device(s) onboard
Power Supply Corsair TX750V2
Software w8
For me they just need to fix the squads and its fkn ggz.

AlienIsGOD

Vanguard Beta Tester
System Name Aliens Ryzen Rig | 2nd Hand Omen
Processor Ryzen R5 5600 | Ryzen R5 3600
Motherboard Gigabyte B450 Aorus Elite (F61 BIOS) | B450 matx
Cooling DeepCool Castle EX V2 240mm AIO| stock for now
Memory 8GB X 2 DDR4 3000mhz Team Group Vulcan | 16GB DDR4
Video Card(s) Sapphire Pulse RX 5700 8GB | GTX 1650 4GB
Storage Adata XPG 8200 PRO 512GB SSD OS / 240 SSD + 2TB M.2 SSD Games / 1000 GB Data | SSD + HDD
Display(s) Acer ED273 27" VA 144hz Freesync |TCL 32" 1080P w/ HDR
Case NZXT H500 Black | HP Omen Obelisk
Audio Device(s) Onboard Realtek | Onboard Realtek
Power Supply EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650w 80+ Gold | 500w
Mouse Steelseries Rival 500 15 button mouse w/ Razor Goliathus Chroma XL mousemat | Logitech G502
Keyboard Logitech G910 Orion Spark RGB w/ Romer G tactile keys | Logitech G513 Carbon w/ Romer G tactile keys
Software Windows 10 Pro | Windows 10 Pro
For me they just need to fix the squads and its fkn ggz.

Ya, I agree. Squad changing in-game and its g2g IMO. I like the beta so far and havent been "raped" for the most part. Gonna try to squeeze in a pre order on the 20th and get the collectors edition stuffzors.

For GFX, would 2 6790s work good or should I go 6850/70 and another in several months?

Last edited:

brandonwh64

Addicted to Bacon and StarCrunches!!!
I must say, battlelog is growing on me, as kurgan mentioned, you can browse servers when in game just hit ALT+Enter and find what you want then click launch game and it will close your current game and start a new one and pretty quickly too. Also I was upset with the game going windowed after each round but actually it helps if you want to check your stats and such. the only thing I can see if that they need to allow battlelog to be access through shift+F1 in game to make alittle easier.

Found an interesting bug last night when playing with the guys. Laughing man got the CORPSE bug and it was so funny! He looked dead but he was alive and you can see him shoot a couple of times. I kept trying to revive him and I was like "highway, Y U NO COME BACK TO LIFE" and he started wondering why I was asking HAHA

Last edited by a moderator:

TheMailMan78

Big Member
System Name TheMailbox 5.0 / The Mailbox 4.5
Processor RYZEN 1700X / Intel i7 2600k @ 4.2GHz
Motherboard Fatal1ty X370 Gaming K4 / Gigabyte Z77X-UP5 TH Intel LGA 1155
Cooling MasterLiquid PRO 280 / Scythe Katana 4
Memory ADATA RGB 16GB DDR4 2666 16-16-16-39 / G.SKILL Sniper Series 16GB DDR3 1866: 9-9-9-24
Video Card(s) MSI 1080 "Duke" with 8Gb of RAM. Boost Clock 1847 MHz / ASUS 780ti
Storage 256Gb M4 SSD / 128Gb Agelity 4 SSD , 500Gb WD (7200)
Display(s) LG 29" Class 21:9 UltraWide® IPS LED Monitor 2560 x 1080 / Dell 27"
Case Cooler Master MASTERBOX 5t / Cooler Master 922 HAF
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1220 Audio Codec / SupremeFX X-Fi with Bose Companion 2 speakers.
Power Supply Seasonic FOCUS Plus Series SSR-750PX 750W Platinum / SeaSonic X Series X650 Gold
Mouse SteelSeries Sensei (RAW) / Logitech G5
Keyboard Razer BlackWidow / Logitech (Unknown)
Software Windows 10 Pro (64-bit)
Benchmark Scores Benching is for bitches.
Also I was upset with the game going windowed after each round but actually it helps if you want to check your stats and such.

Mine doesnt do this anymore. I played with the window settings and it seem to fix the issue.

brandonwh64

Mine doesnt do this anymore. I played with the window settings and it seem to fix the issue.

Hmmm maybe there is or will be a setting for this. I don't mind it now tho. I just hit alt+enter to go back full screen but its great if you want to look for a new server, browse stats, or check email while the 35 second wait time.

Frick

Fishfaced Nincompoop
System Name Black MC in Tokyo
Processor Ryzen 5 5600
Motherboard Asrock B450M-HDV
Cooling Be Quiet! Pure Rock 2
Memory 2 x 16GB Kingston Fury 3400mhz
Video Card(s) XFX 6950XT Speedster MERC 319
Storage Kingston A400 240GB | WD Black SN750 2TB |WD Blue 1TB x 2 | Toshiba P300 2TB | Seagate Expansion 8TB
Display(s) Samsung U32J590U 4K + BenQ GL2450HT 1080p
Case Fractal Design Define R4
Audio Device(s) Line6 UX1 + some headphones, Nektar SE61 keyboard
Power Supply Corsair RM850x v3
Mouse Logitech G602
Keyboard Cherry MX Board 1.0 TKL Brown
VR HMD Acer Mixed Reality Headset
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores Rimworld 4K ready!
Hmmm maybe there is or will be a setting for this. I don't mind it now tho. I just hit alt+enter to go back full screen but its great if you want to look for a new server, browse stats, or check email while the 35 second wait time.

You have to set the settings to full screen.

Anyway, it runs flawlessly now. :)

1Kurgan1

The Knife in your Back
Cooling Watercooled
There is a setting for it, you can turn on Full Screen mode. Or maybe it's turn off Windowed Mode, either way same end result. It's one of the first things I did when I setup the beta.

brandonwh64

Wished my laptop I use at work would play BF3 beta but its got a wimpy ATI X1400 DX9 :(

Processor Intel
Motherboard MSI
Cooling Cooler Master
Memory Corsair
Video Card(s) Nvidia
Storage Samsung/Western Digital/ADATA
Display(s) Samsung
Case Thermaltake
Audio Device(s) On Board
Power Supply Seasonic
Mouse A4TECH
Keyboard UniKey
Software Windows 10 x64
System Name HAL
Processor Core i5 2500K
Motherboard Asus P8P67 Pro Rev3.1
Cooling stock
Memory 2x4GB Kingston 1600Mhz Blu
Video Card(s) Asus 560Ti DirectCuII TOP
Storage Kingston 120 3K SSD,WD Black WD1502FAEX
Display(s) LG 1440x900
Case Chieftec Mesh Midi
Audio Device(s) onboard
Power Supply Corsair TX750V2
Software w8
System Name :)
Processor Intel 13700k
Motherboard Gigabyte z790 UD AC
Cooling Noctua NH-D15
Memory 64GB GSKILL DDR5
Video Card(s) Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC
Storage 960GB Optane 905P U.2 SSD + 4TB PCIe4 U.2 SSD
Display(s) Alienware AW3423DW 175Hz QD-OLED + Nixeus 27" IPS 1440p 144Hz
Case Fractal Design Torrent
Audio Device(s) MOTU M4 - JBL 305P MKII w/2x JL Audio 10 Sealed --- X-Fi Titanium HD - Presonus Eris E5 - JBL 4412
Power Supply Silverstone 1000W
Mouse Roccat Kain 122 AIMO
Keyboard KBD67 Lite / Mammoth75
VR HMD Reverb G2 V2
Software Win 11 Pro

Wrigleyvillain

PTFO or GTFO
System Name DarkStar
Processor i5 3570K 4.4Ghz
Motherboard Asrock Z77 Extreme 3
Cooling Apogee HD White/XSPC Razer blocks
Memory 8GB Samsung Green 1600
Video Card(s) 2 x GTX 670 4GB
Storage 2 x 120GB Samsung 830
Display(s) 27" QNIX
Case Enthoo Pro
Power Supply Seasonic Platinum 760
Mouse Steelseries Sensei
Keyboard Ducky Pro MX Black
Software Windows 8.1 x64
Yeah the pics are getting fucking annoying.

Status
Not open for further replies.