• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Battlefield 3 Clubhouse

Status
Not open for further replies.
System Name Wopper
Processor Intel i5 3570 @ 4.2 Ghz
Motherboard ASRock Z77 Extreme4
Cooling Noctua NH-D14
Memory 8 GB
Video Card(s) eVGA GTX 760 3Gb w/acx cooling
Storage 120Gb Evo SSD + 2 GB Games + 1.5 TB Data
Display(s) ViewSonic VX2268WM 22-Inch 120 Hz 3D-Ready
Case Antec P182
Audio Device(s) Realtec onboard
Power Supply Antec TruePower New 550W
Software Windows 8.1 Pro
joystiq.com - The Beta and Battlefield 3

by Arthur Gies on Oct 10th 2011 8:04PM

Last week, I spent some six hours with a not-quite-final-but-close version of Battlefield 3. I think EA and DICE would like for me to talk about the single player but really, I don't have anything more to say about it than I did a few weeks ago. I can't talk about most of the multiplayer maps I played with any specificity, other than the Grand Bazaar level, which, hallelujah, had a tank in it. But at this point, I feel confident in making the following statement:

Releasing a beta for Battlefield 3 might be the biggest mistake EA has made with its biggest game this year.
Battlefield 3 (10/7/11)

Or, more specifically, releasing this Battlefield 3 beta has been a spectacular miscalculation on EA's part. It isn't just the technical issues, though those are distressing. DICE has insisted that the open Battlefield 3 beta is very much that: a beta. And I think that if they had released it six weeks earlier, it would be easier to swallow.

DICE has insisted publicly that the beta that released was an old build caught up in the vagaries of console manufacturer certification, but a) most gamers have no idea what that even means, b) most gamers will never see that information, and c) EA and DICE are fully aware of the amount of time it takes to get content through the certification process.

The main problem with the Battlefield 3 beta – the one that's out right this moment – is that it doesn't play like Battlefield 3 does now ...

I don't know that we've ever seen a console beta with as many major technical issues as the Battlefield 3 beta; I know that we haven't seen one recently. And whether DICE and EA care to admit it, there's a public expectation that console betas will be more functional than the version of Battlefield 3 being offered now. And DICE has conducted betas on console before, most recently with Battlefield: Bad Company 2, which did not have the myriad technical issues that Battlefield 3 does.

But that's not the main reason that this beta has been a mistake. The main problem with the Battlefield 3 beta – the one that's out right this moment – is that it doesn't play like Battlefield 3 does now, how I assume the final game will play.

There are major gameplay balance differences between the two. Weapons feel different, with different fire rates and recoil. And the damage model has been radically shifted. Death comes quickly in the beta, situated more towards Call of Duty's durability, or even last year's DICE-developed Medal of Honor multiplayer. Firefights in the beta prioritize reflexes over tactics, which is a departure from Bad Company 2.

This is not the case with Battlefield 3 as it is now. The version of Battlefield 3 that I spent hours playing last week has weapons and damage that feel like Battlefield Bad Company 2. This, if you aren't sure, is a good thing. It changes the dynamics of firefights, allowing for each side to take and hold positions, and making flanking and tactical coordination much more viable. The increased player survivability also make vehicles in Battlefield 3 more fair than they would be with the beta's damage models.

Getting the drop on someone isn't the end of a fight in the version of Battlefield 3 I played last week. You have to be persistent, and you have to watch your ass to make sure you aren't left holding your, uh, empty gun in your hand if the guy you murdered has a teammate around the corner.

As it stands now, Battlefield 3's beta is a wellspring of misinformation about what your final Battlefield 3 experience will be.

It leads to more interesting, frantic firefights, including one moment where I killed one enemy with my M4, shot another that came around the corner from the hip, and had to switch to my sidearm to handle yet another opponent a moment later. This happened all the time in Bad Company 2, and it's one of the things that gave it an identity separate from other modern military shooters. Requiring more ammo per kill also makes the support class more important – as you run out of ammo, you'll be looking for that resupply. Battlefield 3 has made machine gunners your source of ammo, which means you'll probably need to fall back to resupply.

It's an example of one change resulting in a cascade of differences in how Battlefield 3 will play when it's released later this month than the beta does now. As it stands now, Battlefield 3's beta is a wellspring of misinformation about what your final Battlefield 3 experience will be. I'm glad for that – I enjoyed what I've played of this more-final build of Battlefield 3 much more than any time I've spent with the game throughout the year. DICE and EA told me last week that they've been taking player feedback from the beta into account, though I have a hard time comprehending how they could make such sweeping changes based entirely on player feedback. But the question is whether or not what EA and DICE have let people at home play early has done more harm than good for Battlefield 3's prospects.

We'll find out soon. Battlefield 3 is scheduled for release on October 25th.

mp1st.com - BF3 – UMP-45 “only a little OP,” Changes to Bolt-Action Rifles, and HC Mode Details

Tweets turned in to an Article...

Veselka October 10, 2011 Battlefield, Battlefield 3, News

As the Battlefield 3 Beta is now over, and DICE is hard at work putting the finishing touches on the retail version, Alan Kertz, Senior Gameplay Designer, is revealing some very interesting information regarding the controversial issue of weapon damage.

To get a basic understanding of the weapon damage systems put in place in DICE’s new title, Kertz revealed that “The XM8 with Magnum is the basis for damage in BF3, then tweaked to fit the larger maps and more open spaces of BF3.” As many of you may remember, the XM8 assault rifle was one of the earlier ARs available to the soldier class in Battlefield: Bad Company 2.

Many BF fans are curious about the state of the UMP-45 since it’s been hailed as one of the more over-powered weapons in the Beta. Earlier, DICE did admit that it would be seeing changes. Recently, Kertz admitted that “It was only a little OP. It hasn’t changed much and the handling has not changed at all.” This is probably not as big of a change as many fans were expecting or hoping for, but it seems fair.

Some fans have been claiming that Battlefield 2142 had the best weapon balance in the series. One fan mentioned that infantry combat in BF3 was not as deadly as in 2142. Kertz responded, “ARs were 34-20 damage, 3-5 shots on a light, 4-6 on a heavy. BF3 is 34-16.7 for AR. 3-6 shots, no armor option.” Another fan asked how do light armored vs heavy armored vehicles work compared to 2142? Kertz answered that in BF3, “About 1 bullet of damage. 3-4 with light 4-5 with heavy. Heavy reduced sprint duration as well.“

When it comes to hardcore mode in BF3, some fans have been wondering how much higher the damage percentage will be. Kertz verified, “About 50%. It will be around 3 shots at point blank with assault rifles, one good burst.“

Once again, Kertz has stated that the ability to one-shot an enemy in the chest with a bolt-action rifle was unintentional. Some fans have stated the opinion that they like the way the bolt-action rifles worked in the Beta. When asked if it’s been changed since then, Kertz responded, “Correct, a bug has been fixed and some weapons have been balanced, but the core is intact.“

How did you feel about the weapon damage in the Beta? Do you think the bolt-action rifles should have been left alone? Let us know in the comment section below! Make sure to follow @MPFirst on Twitter for more Battlefield 3 news as we inch closer to October 25th!

eurogamer.net - EA responds to Battlefield 3 ESRB rating

By Wesley Yin-Poole

11/10/2011 @ 08:41
EA has responded to the revelation that in upcoming first-person shooter Battlefield 3 you shoot cops in order to finish a mission with an… interesting statement.

As revealed by Eurogamer last week, US ratings board the ESRB has Battlefield 3 down as a 'Mature' game.

Notes accompanying its rating detailed a few of the more graphic elements in the game.

"The frequent combat is highlighted by realistic gunfire and large explosions; characters sometimes scream and emit large splashes of blood when shot. Players can also engage in hand-to-hand combat: repeatedly punching enemies in the face; stabbing soldiers to death with knives.

"In one sequence, a restrained character's throat is slit (off-screen); in another, players shoot police officers to complete a mission objective. The words 'f***' and 's***' can be heard frequently in the dialogue."

The mention of shooting police officers conflicted with comments made by the game's producer Patrick Back earlier this year.

"If you put the player in front of a choice where they can do good things or bad things, they will do bad things, go dark side - because people think it's cool to be naughty, they won't be caught," he explained.

"We have to build our experiences so we don't put the player in experiences where they can do bad things."

In response, EA issued Eurogamer the following statement: "I don't think you understand the gravity of the situation. For God's sake, there is a nuke in Paris! Millions of lives are at stake!!"

Indeed.

battlefieldo.com - BF3 STUNTS ARE COMING BACK

A Battlefield Stunts Community, named The Sir Community is starting to get back into the Stunt Business. We’ve known these guys since Battlefield 2 days and it’s great to see them back at it for Battlefield 3. Despite the limitations of server settings, they managed to make a few short videos of jet tricks in Caspian Border. With the upcoming release of the game and hopefully with Battle recorder, it’ll be awesome to see what these guys come up with. If you’re interested in checking out the Sir Community or perhaps joining them to get ready for stunt action, visit them here. Here is one of their old time Battlefield 2 films for kicks. :)

planetbattlefield.com - Battlefield 3 Destruction Gameplay Trailer

18:34 PST | ^Scott^
EA released a new Battlefield 3 destruction trailer showing various shots of the amazing destruction in the game. Also shown is the antenna on Caspian Border collapsing, which wasn't implemented in the Battlefield 3 beta.

Check out one of the pillars of Battlefield 3, destruction! Destruction is a key feature of the Frostbite 2 engine and Battlefield 3 does it better than anyone else!
<see site for screens of antenna falling>

planetbattlefield.com - Battlefield 3 Interviews, News, GeForce LAN, 'The Russian' Book Preview

18:09 PST | ^Scott^ | Print News | Category: BF3
A whole lot of Battlefield 3 news to catch up on from the past few days. We are less than 2 weeks away from the launch of the full game! Keep an eye out early Friday morning (Oct 14th) for new footage and screens from the remaining "unannounced" multiplayer maps.

<see site for links>
  • EA responds to Battlefield 3 ESRB rating (EuroGamer)
  • BF3’s Executive Producer Talks Beta Reactions, Certification Delays, and Post-Release Support (Kotaku)
  • The beta and Battlefield 3 (Joystiq)
  • DICE: BF3 is "very different" to MW3 (EuroGamer)
  • Interview: BF3's Plan For Domination (Gameasutra Interview w/ Patrick Liu)
  • BF3: Returning to its roots on Wii U? (CVG)
  • BF3 Questions and Concerns (GameSpy)
  • BF3 Limited Edition PCDD $42 - Via Amazon, U.S. Only

zh1nt0 Tweets

• 1 soldier / account
  • Looking to add joystick support (-huh!? G*d d*mn m*ther f... - Gully)
  • Not launching with Battlerecorder

IGN Battlefield Youtube Videos

• Beauty of BF3 Beta Montage
  • BF3 - Multiplayer Video Preview (Operation Firestorm & Grand Bazaar)
  • BF3 Beta - Caspian Border Jet Gameplay

GeForce LAN
GeForce LAN is kicking off this Friday on the USS Hornet in Alameda, California. The schedule of Battlefield 3 events has been posted along with 4 maps that will be playable. There will be 1 additional to be announced map, which will also be playable.

Tournaments & Freeplays

BF3 TOURNAMENT MAPS AND FORMATS UNVEILED
We are pleased to announce the following maps for the Battlefield 3 Tournament and Freeplay area, three of which are is being premiered for public play for the first time at GeForce LAN:
  • Operation Firestorm
  • Grand Bazaar
  • Caspian Border
  • Operation Metro
  • Plus, a fifth map – to be announced onsite at GeForce LAN
The main tournament for GeForce LAN will be 4v4 Deathmatch played on Operation Metro, Grand Bazaar and the fifth map to be unveiled onsite. This bracketed tournament is available for BYOC ticket holders only. Tournament rules and sign-ups will be available Monday, October 10th at 9:00 PM PDT at geforce.essagency.com.

Freeplay and casual tournaments in 32v32 Conquest and 4v4 Deathmatch formats will be played across all maps. Freeplay and casual tournaments for prizes will be available for BYOC and General Admission ticket holders on a first come, first served basis. To sign up, visit the tournament area onsite for details.

A few days ago IGN posted some video from the map Grand Bazaar on Playstation 3. Battlefield Log noticed a "Customization" feature, which might suggest either different camo or other solider customization options.

Battlefield 3: The Russian by Andy McNab

The first 5 chapters of the book (50 pages) can be found here. GameSpot also posted a preview with the first 2 chapters in plain text. The full book is set to be released the same day Battlefield 3 comes out, October 25.

Digital download of Battlefield3 available from Amazon for $42! Note: No bonus items on digital download version beyond The Back to Karkand DLC.

If you are through waiting for it to arrive on Steam...

Last edited by a moderator:
System Name 2K Gamer
Processor AMD 8370 @ 4.5GHZ
Motherboard ASUS Pro Gaming / Aura 970
Cooling Corsair H60 AIO
Memory 16GB G. Skill RipJaw @ 1600MHZ
Video Card(s) Zotac AMP! GTX 1070
Storage Samsung 600 Gig HDD (Raid 0 @ 7,500) / WD 1TB Blue @ 7,200 / PNY 128 GB SSD For Linux
Display(s) 27'' ASUS 144MHZ G-SYNC Read 1400p Gaming Monitor / 23'' LG LCD Flatron W2361VG 1080p @ 50,000:1
Case NZXT Source 530
Audio Device(s) Onboard 7.1 HD Realtek
Power Supply 750w Corsair HX
Mouse Cougar Gaming Mouse
Keyboard Saitek Eclipse
Software Windows 10 64bit Education Edition
omg that picture is fucking hilarious!

System Name Crisco / Backup
Processor AMD Ryzen 3600 / FX 6300
Motherboard ASUS X570 / Gigabyte 970-DS3p-FX
Cooling Wraith Stealth / AMD Factory
Memory G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR4 16 GB (3200) / G.Skill Ripjaw DDR3 16 GB (1600)
Video Card(s) XFX Radeon RX 5700 8 GB GDDR6 / Asus RX 470 8 GB GDDR5
Storage Kingston 480gb SSD, Hitachi Ultrastar 2 TB, 1 TB Caviar Black /Hitachi 500 gb, 2 Seagate 320 GB
Display(s) Viotek 34-Inch Ultrawide Curved 100Hz 3440x1440p, / 52" Sharp 1080p
Case Coolermaster Elite 430 / ROSEWILL ATX Mid Tower
Audio Device(s) Realtek HD: 5.1 Technics DD / Plantronic Gamecom 7.1 headset/5.1 Digital Home Theatre
Power Supply Thermaltake 750 watt / Corsair 550 watt Modular
Mouse Logitech G502 SE HERO / Logitech G602
Keyboard Gamesir GK100 / Steel Series
Software Windows 10 Home 64-bit / Windows 10 Home 64 bit
Yes I know I know it's Battlefield 3 but I can't decide whether to jump into single player right away for further practice with a wider variety of weapons and vehicles (and also cause I'm definitely curious about it) or start with multiplayer and thus not be so far behind the general population in rank and unlocks.
I'm going straight to the campaign. I don't care how far behind I get. I played the BFBC2 campaign first too. Though from what is said this will be a lot longer.

System Name Wopper
Processor Intel i5 3570 @ 4.2 Ghz
Motherboard ASRock Z77 Extreme4
Cooling Noctua NH-D14
Memory 8 GB
Video Card(s) eVGA GTX 760 3Gb w/acx cooling
Storage 120Gb Evo SSD + 2 GB Games + 1.5 TB Data
Display(s) ViewSonic VX2268WM 22-Inch 120 Hz 3D-Ready
Case Antec P182
Audio Device(s) Realtec onboard
Power Supply Antec TruePower New 550W
Software Windows 8.1 Pro
Gamespy.com - BF3: Beta Response Interview

By Bennett Ring | Oct 11, 2011
Dice answers our post-beta questions.

Who better to speak to about the issues arising from the recent Battlefield 3 beta than the game's Lead Multiplayer Designer, Lars Gustavsson. After pumping dozens of hours into the beta we had plenty of questions for him during yesterday's Australian Battlefield 3 event. Where's the VOIP and joystick support? Will bullet damage be altered? Can we set up our own squads? Why are jet campers such douchebags? Lars answered all of these, and more.

GameSpy: The beta didn't work well with joysticks or control pads. What level of support for these devices will the game ship with? Will pilots be able to fly with a stick or pad?
Lars: It's something we're looking into. It looks like we will be able to ship with joystick support, but I've been on the road for quite some time so I can't guarantee it. But yes, if it doesn't turn up at launch, it will definitely be a high priority as soon as possible after shipping. The work being done to support joysticks is more or less the same as control pads, if you get one, you get the other. It's something we're aware of now that we've brought back the jets. It's on the list.

GameSpy: The beta didn't support in-game VOIP; players had to form a party through battlelog to be able to chat just to their party. Will Battlefield 3 include in-game VOIP – be it squad or team based – at launch?
Lars: No, on PC this (battlelog) is what we're going to ship with. Then we're going to evaluate how we move forward with this. It's something we've heard from the community, it's something we understand. At the same time, building a game of this size, you can't win all of the battles. The convenience of going in with friends with your party VOIP channel and keep it even after the game, is definitely a strength. That's just the start – we can definitely evolve from there down the road.

GameSpy: We've heard there's going to be a command rose at launch for PC. Is that still going to be ready for launch? What sort of functionality might it include?
Lars: It is on our list for trying to get in there at launch. It is the usual things that you can really miss on the battlefield. Bail out is a typical one; you're sitting in a helicopter and you realize that you want to attack the flag, and there's no way to tell you're buddy that you're going to bail out.

GameSpy: What about ammo, medpacks, that sort of stuff?
Lars: We have the context system today, but it was buggy in the open beta. We've been hammering it to get it right.

GameSpy: There's been some feedback that some people found bullet damage too strong in the beta. Any plans to tweak it?
Lars: We've done a lot of tweaking and tuning, everyone needs to understand that the beta was early code. Everything from hit detection to damage, flashlights that people have been mentioning – a lot of the issues that people have raised have already been fixed.

GameSpy: Are you toning the flashlights down a bit?
Lars: Yeah, they should be much better at release.

GameSpy: What level of squad control will the release have? In the beta you couldn't form a squad, join a specific squad or lock a squad so it's just you and friends – will the final release be different?
Lars: At release you'll be able to invite friends, join squads, all the stuff that you need to be able to play with your friends. Getting into the server and seeing your friend, but not being able to play with them, is nothing but frustrating.

GameSpy: A lot of the oldschool, hardcore Battlefield players are asking for an advanced flight model option for choppers and jets – any chance you'll consider this requests?
Lars: For now we're leaving them the way they are, and will let the game live for a little while, then start the communication with the community to see where we stand.

GameSpy: The PC version looks quite different to the console versions. Do you think there will be any critical backlash from console gamers? Most of the marketing material is very PC focused, so they might be expecting something different to what they end up getting?
Lars: I don't think so. Most gamers do realize that the consoles are five years old, and if someone buys new SLI cards for their monster PC, there will be something extra for the PC. If we kept everything on console level for those PC players, then they would rightfully strangle us! I do think we have managed to push the boundaries of the consoles to a level where I feel we've passed the competition. That's all you can ask out of the team at this point.

GameSpy: Do you think building for PC first and foremost will give Dice a headstart when it comes to developing an engine for the next gen consoles? You'll be adept at multicore, multi-GPU and DirectX 11, where many other companies won't?
Lars: The main focus has been to build a game. Of course we have the technical thinking behind it, but we've been leading with console for quite some time now and it was time to turn it around to refresh all of our knowledge on previous titles. But yeah, the Frostbite 2.0 engine has been built to – as far as we possibly can – prepare for a modular approach to whatever may come in the future.

GameSpy: Do you think it will give you an advantage over other developers who are sticking with the old hardware?
Lars: We hope so. I think it's been a very mature move from Dice to invest in this new engine that allows us to keep on cramming more stuff out of these machines, otherwise we start to stall. I also think that's something that, to me, sticks out with Battlefield 3. It is a fresh take on an otherwise quite stale shooter market. We're trying to do a lot of things that no one has done before. Animation has stayed the same for ages, now we've revolutionized animation in shooters. We keep on pushing the boundaries for scale, for destruction.

GameSpy: What's the biggest lesson you got from the beta – were there any breakthroughs, or a collection of smaller insights?
Lars: For us it's validating and solving problems with the backend servers. Validating that it all worked to ensure we have a really good launch. In addition to that getting the audience's eyes on battlelog, having them try it out, even though it's rough code still. It's really gold for us to get this insight from the community. Yes, they're loud sometimes, and very passionate about it, but I'd rather have them loud and passionate than not talking to us at all. So I see that as a sign of investment.

GameSpy: When Bad Company 2 came out there were lots of issues with the server browser for the first few days. Do you think your beta testing will ensure that everything will work well on Day 1? Are you confident of a perfect launch?
Lars: That is the intention of course. I am much more confident than before the open beta. It's like when you do a parachute jump – you can only fold your parachute so many times. For every game we get more experienced, and we've definitely done the best we can, far beyond what we've ever done before, to make this a successful launch. Of course, if numbers go totally bananas, there's always areas that you can't predict. If that happens then those are luxury problems.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Spy Guy says: Enough with the Battlefield 3 articles already! (We'd love to cover Modern Warfare 3, but we can't get any COD love yet - Ed) The sooner this damn game arrives, the sooner I can stop reading all about it and start enjoying it. The anticipation is freakin' killing me!

System Name FumoffuFumoffu
Processor Intel i7 4770K
Motherboard Gigabyte Z87X -UD3H
Cooling Corsair H100i
Memory 16GB DDR3 1600 Crucial Ballistix
Video Card(s) Sapphire AMD Radeon HD 7970 OC
Storage 1- WD 500GB 1- Samsung F2 1.5TB 1- Crucial M4 128GB SSD 1-256GB ADATA XPG SX900 ASX900S3 SSD
Display(s) Hanns-G HZ281HPB 27.5'' 3ms Full HD 1920x1200 WideScreen LCD Monitor
Case Corsair Graphite Series 600T
Audio Device(s) Creative Soundblaster X-Fi Titanium
Power Supply Corsair HX 750W Gold
Software Windows 7 Pro x64
I'm hoping like crazy that joysticks are fully supported and that the Huey's dont fly like shit. Hopefully the flight sticks will allow for a more fluid control and experience as well as a more fluid, responsive bird.

I got so pissed after the "no VOIP at shipping" part I didn't bother to read the rest. What a complete load of hogwash.

If his corvette was parked in the street I'd grab a crow bar and beat the living shit out of it while screaming "YOU SEE WHAT HAPPENS, LARRY!?! YOU SEE WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU FUCK A STRANGER IN THE ASS?!?!":banghead:

crazyeyesreaper

Not a Moderator
Staff member
System Name Old reliable
Processor Intel 8700K @ 4.8 GHz
Motherboard MSI Z370 Gaming Pro Carbon AC
Cooling Custom Water
Memory 32 GB Crucial Ballistix 3666 MHz
Video Card(s) MSI GTX 1080 Ti Gaming X
Storage 3x SSDs 2x HDDs
Display(s) Dell U2412M + Samsung TA350
Case Thermaltake Core P3 TG
Audio Device(s) Samson Meteor Mic / Generic 2.1 / KRK KNS 6400 headset
Power Supply Zalman EBT-1000
Mouse Mionix NAOS 7000
Keyboard Mionix
greatest movie of all time.... "The Big Lebowski"

System Name i7-PC / HTPC / iMac
Processor i7 3820 / Phenom II 940
Motherboard GIGABYTE G1.ASSASSIN2 / M3A79-T Deluxe
Cooling Corsair Hydro H100i / Scythe II (HS only)
Memory G.SKILL Trident X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3 1600mhz / 4GB DDR2 1066 (@800) Corsair Dominator
Video Card(s) GB Radeon HD 7950s 3GB / GB Radeon HD 7950s 3GB
Storage 2x 80GB Intel X-25, 2x600gb SATA, 1x1tb 5400RPM storage /1x600GB, 3x500GB,1x160,1x120 SATA
Display(s) 1x 27" Yamakasi / Vizio 42" HDTV
Case Lian Li Lancool PC-K58 / Antec 900
Audio Device(s) HT Omega Striker 7.1 / Onboard and HDMI from ATi Card
Power Supply PC Power & Cooling 750W / 610W
Software Ubuntu / Windows 8.1 Pro / OS X / PHPStorm / Gaming
Storage Kingston 480gb SSD, Hitachi Ultrastar 2 TB, 1 TB Caviar Black /Hitachi 500 gb, 2 Seagate 320 GB
Audio Device(s) Realtek HD: 5.1 Technics DD / Plantronic Gamecom 7.1 headset/5.1 Digital Home Theatre
OK there is a lot of off topic now the game can't be played so I'm gonna add to it :)
Has any one watched MW3 online footage ? Exactly like MW2 and BO. The only thing
I seen new was some added remote controlled weapons like Homefront has. LAME !
Should clear out the COD's boy's from the BF3 servers though.

brandonwh64

Addicted to Bacon and StarCrunches!!!
COD will always recycle engines and story's with little difference.

System Name Aluminum Mallard
Processor Ryzen 1900x
Motherboard AsRock Phantom 6
Cooling AIO
Memory 8GB
Video Card(s) ASUS Strix 1080Ti
Storage SSD
Display(s) Benq Zowie
Case Cosmos 1000
Audio Device(s) On Board
Power Supply Corsair CX750
Software Win10 Home
Benchmark Scores 31 FPS in Dalaran.
I got so pissed after the "no VOIP at shipping" part I didn't bother to read the rest. What a complete load of hogwash.

If his corvette was parked in the street I'd grab a crow bar and beat the living shit out of it while screaming "YOU SEE WHAT HAPPENS, LARRY!?! YOU SEE WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU FUCK A STRANGER IN THE ASS?!?!":banghead:

No VOIP at launch really isn't that big of a deal. Most of the PC market will opt to use Teamspeak anyways. I'm sure they'll include VOIP at some point.

greatest movie of all time.... "The Big Lebowski"

Correct!

hey, that's just like - your opinion, man.

seriously, great movie. and DONNY!!!

In reponse to all above quotes. I recently bought TBL on Bluray. It seriously is a great movie.

"Hey! Be careful, there's a beverage here!"

OK there is a lot of off topic now the game can't be played so I'm gonna add to it :)
Has any one watched MW3 online footage ? Exactly like MW2 and BO. The only thing
I seen new was some added remote controlled weapons like Homefront has. LAME !
Should clear out the COD's boy's from the BF3 servers though.

COD will always recycle engines and story's with little difference.

COD 4 was a great step forward for shooters. I enjoyed most of the following COD titles, mainly on Xbox. Infinity Ward seriously knew how to make a fast-paced shooter where teamwork really wasn't all that necessary. COD 4 was incredible and each subsequent release was a little more watered down.

It's a shame that COD will continue to stall, since nearly everyone that brought it to the forefront has left Activision. I still laugh about the Infinity Ward "reorganization" which requires 3 separate studios to make Modern Warfare 3.

Personally, I think Battlefield 3 will be a stronger title in the long run. It won't see the level of success that MW3 will initially generate. Activision is doing their thing, building a brand and consistently releasing hits until the sales figures drop off (Tony Hawk, Guitar Hero). EA's really no different though. Just look at Madden.

Memory G.SKILL Trident X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3 1600mhz / 4GB DDR2 1066 (@800) Corsair Dominator
Storage 2x 80GB Intel X-25, 2x600gb SATA, 1x1tb 5400RPM storage /1x600GB, 3x500GB,1x160,1x120 SATA
Activision is doing their thing, building a brand and consistently releasing hits until the sales figures drop off (Tony Hawk, Guitar Hero). EA's really no different though. Just look at Madden.

agreed, i think DiCE is what's special about BF3 though. DiCE is seriously one of the best, most dedicated, most forward-thinking devs i have known. I really respect that studio.

Wrigleyvillain

PTFO or GTFO
System Name DarkStar
Processor i5 3570K 4.4Ghz
Motherboard Asrock Z77 Extreme 3
Cooling Apogee HD White/XSPC Razer blocks
Memory 8GB Samsung Green 1600
Video Card(s) 2 x GTX 670 4GB
Storage 2 x 120GB Samsung 830
Display(s) 27" QNIX
Case Enthoo Pro
Power Supply Seasonic Platinum 760
Mouse Steelseries Sensei
Keyboard Ducky Pro MX Black
Software Windows 8.1 x64
Aw no punk kids screaming in my ear at launch? I think I'll survive.

No VOIP at launch really isn't that big of a deal. Most of the PC market will opt to use Teamspeak anyways. I'm sure they'll include VOIP at some point.

I doubt it. They never got it straight in BC2. But the Chinaman isn't the issue here. The issue is that VoIP is much superior to TS3 simply because it lets you communicate with people that are actually in your squad, be they your buddies or random players. It would be a fantastic deal, and make TS3 more of a supplement to the game.

There were a ton of times when you would see a list of friends in Battlelog at one server, and then a few odd men out because the server was full, or ping, or whatever. Sure, you can have several channels on TS3 for different games, but then you have two guys on a squad that are connected and playing together, and then a couple of dudes who don't know what's going on, maybe on there own damn TS3 server doing there own damn thing. This sucks balls, man.

Just like showing up at the bar, most of the best drunks and games are unplanned. I chatted with and learned from some great players in BF2, which was one of its strong points. In a world that is supposed to be super interconnected, this seems like a step backwards, and enforces tribalism and cliques.

Never had that in BF2.

brandonwh64

COD 4 was a great step forward for shooters. I enjoyed most of the following COD titles, mainly on Xbox. Infinity Ward seriously knew how to make a fast-paced shooter where teamwork really wasn't all that necessary. COD 4 was incredible and each subsequent release was a little more watered down.

It's a shame that COD will continue to stall, since nearly everyone that brought it to the forefront has left Activision. I still laugh about the Infinity Ward "reorganization" which requires 3 separate studios to make Modern Warfare 3.

Personally, I think Battlefield 3 will be a stronger title in the long run. It won't see the level of success that MW3 will initially generate. Activision is doing their thing, building a brand and consistently releasing hits until the sales figures drop off (Tony Hawk, Guitar Hero). EA's really no different though. Just look at Madden.

Yes COD4 was one of the best shooters but they have MILKED the game ever since COD4 since it did so well.

System Name Aluminum Mallard
Processor Ryzen 1900x
Motherboard AsRock Phantom 6
Cooling AIO
Memory 8GB
Video Card(s) ASUS Strix 1080Ti
Storage SSD
Display(s) Benq Zowie
Case Cosmos 1000
Audio Device(s) On Board
Power Supply Corsair CX750
Software Win10 Home
Benchmark Scores 31 FPS in Dalaran.
Still, no VoiP isn't a dealbreaker. You're going to run into Rambo when you get into public games. It'll be hit and miss for the most part, but when you hook up with us you'll know that you'll have a decent team. (I grade myself on a curve).

Most of the new features I am down with, I just wish squad leaders would consistently issue orders so the squad is on the same page with what to attack/defend. Also, jumping in a Jeep by yourself at the base and leaving your squad to run across Caspian Border isn't all that cool either.

Yes COD4 was one of the best shooters but they have MILKED the game ever since COD4 since it did so well.

That's an argument I get in with a friend of mine all the time. He calls me an elitist because I get pissed off that Activision releases a new title every year when most everything after CoD4 should be an expansion pack.

"It's a whole new game! Built from the ground up! New campaign! New weapons! New maps! New perks! New killstreaks!"

I always have to tell him. It's the same old engine, with incrimental inprovements, a brief single player experience which "expands" on storyline from MW1. New weapons? Great. All the rest are balance improvements which should just be a title update.

Last edited:

brandonwh64

I think they know most people will use TS or ventrillo to talk to clan/friends while in game. having a stupid 12yr old screaming noobs and hackers the whole time would get boring.

I just wish squad leaders would consistently issue orders so the squad is on the same page with what to attack/defend. Also, jumping in a Jeep by yourself at the base and leaving your squad to run across Caspian Border isn't all that cool either.

this.

is there always a squad leader? sometimes i see a little icon next to the name but other times all 4 have a regular loadout icon.
I think they know most people will use TS or ventrillo to talk to clan/friends while in game. having a stupid 12yr old screaming noobs and hackers the whole time would get boring.

most clans, teams, groups like us will use TS for sure - but there are plenty of times i have wanted to play and no one else is on. you all tend to play after midnight(est) and i am normally in bed or asleep by then. I tend to play at 8 or so at night.

it would be great if there were a sense of teamwork with random players, that would add SO MUCH more to playability imo.

What game does this happen in? I think you folks are confusing this with XBox live. Other than one occasion, I only heard adults in BF2.

And from what I've heard, isn't that what crazy does?

most clans, teams, groups like us will use TS for sure - but there are plenty of times i have wanted to play and no one else is on. you all tend to play after midnight(est) and i am normally in bed or asleep by then. I tend to play at 8 or so at night.

it would be great if there were a sense of teamwork with random players, that would add SO MUCH more to playability imo.

Word.

Exactly !

And from what I've heard, isn't that what crazy does?

Yeah, but he is like the TPU pet rage person. You miss him when he isn't around. Most good players will rage at some point
if they are on crap teams. I don't only because no one sucks as bad as me:) If it gets to serious I bail too. It's
a game and when it starts to make my blood pressure rise because some one is screaming at me, I'm gone.

Last edited:

EastCoasthandle

System Name MY PC
Processor E8400 @ 3.80Ghz > Q9650 3.60Ghz
Motherboard Maximus Formula
Cooling D5, 7/16" ID Tubing, Maze4 with Fuzion CPU WB
Memory XMS 8500C5D @ 1066MHz
Video Card(s) HD 2900 XT 858/900 to 4870 to 5870 (Keep Vreg area clean)
Storage 2
Display(s) 24"
Case P180
Audio Device(s) X-fi Plantinum
Power Supply Silencer 750
Software XP Pro SP3 to Windows 7
Benchmark Scores This varies from one driver to another.
So we get no in game voip and seeing in game command rose hasn't really been confirmed for launch (only, "I hope to see it..."). Two of the most essential tools to communicating in a team/squad based game isn't being confirmed for launch. In BF2 if you didn't want to hear from a person you could click on their name's checkbox and mute them. There are plenty of people upset over this. When you add that you have to have origin running in the background, use a web browser to see a server list, flight control issues as well as joystick support concerns and you are limited to one solider per account people begin to wonder.

I think in game voip is a big issue here. On the console in game voip works just fine. The same should be for PC.

Last edited:

Black Haru

Staff member
this.

is there always a squad leader? sometimes i see a little icon next to the name but other times all 4 have a regular loadout icon.

yeah, hopefully with the tweaked squads there will be no more leaderless squads, and also the ability to kick randoms who are useless.

So we get no in game voip and seeing in game command rose hasn't really been confirmed for launch (only, "I hope to see it..."). Two of the most essential tools to communicating in a team/squad based game isn't being confirmed for launch. In BF2 if you didn't want to hear from a person you could click on their name's checkbox and mute them. There are plenty of people upset over this. When you add that you have to have origin running in the background, use a web browser to see a server list, flight control issues as well as joystick support concerns and you are limited to one solider per account people begin to wonder.

I think in game voip is a big issue here. On the console in game voip works just fine. The same should be for PC.

remember, there is voip through battlelog. while limited, it is quite functional. between that and the TPU TS, I don't see whats the issue. (yes, I know communication with randoms would be nice, but with DICE's bad track record with this, ingame voip would jack up battlelog, and it would take them 18 months to patch it right.)

with all the different regions that people live in here, I never once logged on to battlelog during the beta and saw no one playing. there should always be someone to jump in with, at least at release.

EastCoasthandle

System Name MY PC
Processor E8400 @ 3.80Ghz > Q9650 3.60Ghz
Motherboard Maximus Formula
Cooling D5, 7/16" ID Tubing, Maze4 with Fuzion CPU WB
Memory XMS 8500C5D @ 1066MHz
Video Card(s) HD 2900 XT 858/900 to 4870 to 5870 (Keep Vreg area clean)
Storage 2
Display(s) 24"
Case P180
Audio Device(s) X-fi Plantinum
Power Supply Silencer 750
Software XP Pro SP3 to Windows 7
Benchmark Scores This varies from one driver to another.
remember, there is voip through battlelog. while limited, it is quite functional. between that and the TPU TS, I don't see whats the issue. (yes, I know communication with randoms would be nice, but with DICE's bad track record with this, ingame voip would jack up battlelog, and it would take them 18 months to patch it right.)

with all the different regions that people live in here, I never once logged on to battlelog during the beta and saw no one playing. there should always be someone to jump in with, at least at release.

Ok then, answer me this...If I were to get the game on the xbox 360 do I need to be concern with battlelog and voip?

Black Haru

Staff member
Ok then, answer me this...If I were to get the game on the xbox 360 do I need to be concern with battlelog and voip?

xbox cannot directly access battlelog. they are stuck with ingame server browser.

and I don't wan't to here anyone else QQ about not having an ingame browser. battlelog works, and well considering DICE's poor track record with buggy browsers.

voip on console is infinitely easier to do that on PC. you have one type of haredware to support across the board. not hundreds of different chipsets and inputs.

Status
Not open for further replies.