1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

BattleField 3 - Must haves

Discussion in 'Games' started by Nick89, Jan 30, 2011.

1. douglatins

douglatins

Thanks Received:
    i hated those guys that stayed in a airplane for an entire round without dying

2. f22a4bandit

f22a4bandit

Thanks Received:
    Actually, 128 person games promote squad work rather than hinder it, so I think it's a great idea. I'm not going to go out in a vastly open map without at least three other people by my side. Despite the criticism it receives, I think what MAG attempted to do with the massive battles will work on the PC side. It certainly worked in Call of Duty 2.

I'd want to see lean make a comeback as well. I think it's a useful function.

I really see no reason why they need to change medics. Sure they carry a light machine gun, but they don't carry anything that makes them broken. Now if they carried a LMG along with a rocket launcher/c4/any explosive, then you have a problem brewing.

I'm not afraid of having prone back, although I don't think it's truly necessary anymore. Aircraft will expose the weakness of going prone and camping anyway.

3. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    Obviously you are a console troll and me being of the master race have no need to discuss such matters with you. Back to your hole console troll. You cannot troll a master troll.

Virus-j, Mussels, Nick89 and 1 other person say thanks.
  4. BondExtreme

Thanks Received:
    The only thing I ask of DICE is that they don't screw up the launch on BF3 like they did with BFBC2 for PC. Anyone remember that? The launch for the pc version of that game was HORRIFIC! The servers were screwed up for at least two weeks. DICE please get yourself together for this next release!:ohwell:

5. BumbleBee

BumbleBee

Thanks Received:
    see here.

what you really want is this but it's still a couple years away.

Soylent Joe says thanks.
  6. Wrigleyvillain

Wrigleyvillain PTFO or GTFO

Thanks Received:
    Dude I'm not gonna say a word or even think too much about this game so as to lessen the disappointment at worst or be awesomely surprised at best.

7. BumbleBee

BumbleBee

Thanks Received:
    you don't want to upset the master race!

[​IMG]

8. Zen_

Zen_

Thanks Received:
    -No prone, but increased spread while moving and slower spread recovery after sprinting. Sorry, dolphin diving in BF2 was retarded.

-Decreased effectiveness of destruction, more durable buildings and covered points. I still want destruction but it screws with map balance too much as is.

-No explosive damage perk or upgraded sniper scope perk. Explosive upgrade is all spam shit, 12x scope in BC2 enables bad bush wookies that don't help the team.

-Faster overheat of stationary and mounted (vehicle) MGs with more recoil bounce.

-Decreased effectiveness of helo auto cannons, but decreased effectiveness of AA weapons and any rocket assist against air vehicles.

-Cool down for 40mm nades and hand grenades (hard time limit, say 1 per minute)

-Revision of 3D spotting. Shouldn't follow target or even spot in the precise location.

I don't care about 64 or 128 player servers. 32 has been the practical limit for awhile now because more players puts an exponentially greater load on the game server. Most people rent cheap servers, rubberbanding and lag sucks.

Wrigleyvillain says thanks.
  9. Nick89

Nick89

Thanks Received:
    no class had paddles in BF:nam

Prone should be in BF3. BattleField 3 IS NOT BAD COMPANY THREE.

Not having prone in BC2 is ok to me because it is not BATTLEFIELD 3.

If you don't like prone wait for BC3 then.

If BF3 does not have prone it will be a POS game.

AGAIN BF3 IS NOT Bad Company. Those are things in BC, They SHOULD NOT be in BF3.

In BF2 my most played class was engineer not sniper and I fucking need prone goddammit! go back to BC2 if you don't like prone.

Mag on PS3 has 256 player battles.

If the squad system you are referring to is the system from BF2 then yes. If it is the system from BC2 thne HELL no.

I'm thinking five or six kits.

Medics use the same rifles as assualt in real life.

Then you hate ME. Congratulations.

There was no dolphin diving in BF1942. Why would there be in BF3 with a whole new engine.

LET ME SAY THIS AGAIN! This is not BFBC3. This is BF3. BF3 SHOULD NOT have ANYTHING to do with BFBC. EVER.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2011
    snuif09 says thanks.
    10 Year Member at TPU
  10. Mussels

Mussels Moderprator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    i want the zip line and grappling hook to come back :(

TheMailMan78, Nick89 and BumbleBee say thanks.
    10 Year Member at TPU
  11. btarunr

btarunr Editor & Senior Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    It must have fighters/bombers, and AAA. Maybe some aircraft-intensive large maps should also have SAM launchers like in BF2.

TheMailMan78 and Nick89 say thanks.
  12. 1Kurgan1

1Kurgan1 The Knife in your Back

Thanks Received:
    I like how everyone thinks BF3 is this magical game that will full fill their wildest dreams and give them a unicorn and a ferrari. BC2 is a name, that is all, the next game in the BF line will be based on things they have learned from previous titles, it will not be magically different and so much better.

You can cry all you want about prone being needed, but with current games and the cover supplied, it isn't needed. Especially if maps get bigger, so many great hiding spots, crouch in a bush, bam your gone. I've knifed so many people when they run past me hiding in a bush, it's great. Older games, wasn't that easy to just hide in a bush or there wasn't cover everywhere, but they have made the game so almost anything can be crouched behind.

Once again, BF3 is not magical, it will not make gold appear at the end of rainbows, and monkeys fly, or solve world hunger, it's another game in the BF line. You keep making it up to more than what it is and your going to get very angry when it comes out.

erixx says thanks.
  13. erixx

erixx

Thanks Received:
    If 128 players can act like an army (2 confronting armies), bring it on! if it is 128 bunnies running like pizza delivery in Rome, no thanks, that shit got to stop someday.

14. InnocentCriminal

InnocentCriminal Resident Grammar Amender

Thanks Received:
    It's as DrPepper said. All I want is BF2 remade in the latest Frostbite engine. Destructible terrain, pretty DX11 graphics but exactly the same game-play & dynamics.

Battlefield Play 4 Free is essentially that but it's immensely crippled.... obviously. Oh, and prone isn't a problem when jets are flyin' about bombin' t'fuck out of shit.

:rockout:

snuif09 says thanks.
    10 Year Member at TPU
  15. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    Listen just take BF2 and remake the entire game with the new engine. Add some maps and up the player/vehicle count and done.

snuif09 and Nick89 say thanks.
  16. TRIPTEX_CAN

TRIPTEX_CAN

Thanks Received:
    If DICE listened to everyone with an opinion BF3 would be the gaming equivilant of Homer's car.

[​IMG]

IMO what BF3 needs in comparison to BC2 is more larger maps, more vehcicles, commander system, larger squads, and working voip. Some extra bonus items would include the comm-rose, ghost spectating, and battle recorder. 64 players is enough.. any more than that and the average joe will probably feel marginalized.

BF3 should also attempt as much as posisble to incorporate some version of BF2142's Titan mode. Now I know many die-hard BF2 fans didnt like BF2142 but Titan mode is the best FPS game mode ever invented.

Nick89 and 1Kurgan1 say thanks.
  17. 1Kurgan1

Thanks Received:
    Thats exactly what I'm saying. People are getting their hopes way up, I personally love BC2, I just want to see bigger maps, a few more guns, maybe jets, and a few other things. If they try and reinvent the wheel here and botch it, I won't be happy.

I've built some games way up in my time, and almost everytime it was a massive let down, and some of those times the games were great, but I built them up to be far beyond great, no matter what they released, it just never could have stood up to my expectations, so I was angry.

18. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    Man all they have to do is a true sequel. BF2 with new graphics. Thats it.

Nick89 says thanks.
  19. Black Haru

Black Haru

Thanks Received:
    I disagree. I for one would like to see what new things DICE has cooked up. if they had the ingenuity to bring us the titles they have, what do they have for us next?

BF2 updated is boring.

1Kurgan1 says thanks.
  20. EastCoasthandle

EastCoasthandle New Member

Thanks Received:
    I think the general consensus is that BF3 should be just like BF2 in nearly every regard. Sure there can be some improvements:
    -better hit registration
    -better weapon selection
    -better server browser
    -friends list
    -all expansion packs incorporated in to BF3
    -etc

But the gist of the game should be the same. Features/abilities like prone, spawning on the squad leader, squad leader giving orders, having a commander, supply drops, etc should be included if they plan on going large scale. BF3 should be in all intent and purpose a large scale online FPS. That is what BF2 was all about. BC2 on the other had was not thus why we saw some the gimped abilities like spawning on any squad mate (no chain of squad command), no voip, reduction of a kit, no prone, reduced bullet damage, no supply drops, etc and story mode unlike BF2. But that does not mean that those gimped abilities/lack of features should also be incorporated in BF3 if the model is large scale.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2011
    Nick89 says thanks.
    10 Year Member at TPU
  21. ZenZimZaliben

ZenZimZaliben

Thanks Received:
    I want:

FarCry 2 like Fire

Pathing issues fixed. I hate getting stuck on a rock that I could easily walk up.

More realistic bullet drop, especially on the Heavy Tanks.

I would like to be able to climb trees

Major damage increase on users who launch 40MM/Rockets at super close range. I think it should be insta-gib and EPIC FAIL - 200xp

Major increase in velocity of Rockets

More impact on hearing. Like I think you should have ringing ears for longer and blurred vision for longer. Even standing next to a tank firing would make you close to deaf for a little bit.

Doors that just open and do not require shooting or knife to open.

More screaming to help give away position. If you get shot your not just gonna go,,Ouch Im taking fire here... Agony screams!

Nick89 and 1Kurgan1 say thanks.
    10 Year Member at TPU
  22. 1Kurgan1

Thanks Received:
    I personally didn't really ever get into BF2. It was ok, but I like 1942 DC mod much more. BC1 was the first time I enjoyed something like I did the DC mod. So I wouldn't be too happy about a BF2 copy.

Theres a list I agree with, little things, but more immersion related, I like it!

23. FreedomEclipse

FreedomEclipse ~Technological Technocrat~

Thanks Received:
    I miss flying those big MIGs that drop 5 bombs all at once. they flew like a f**king hippo tied to an elephant and I hated the way they felt so sluggish and slow at the controls but, if its a clear sky then id really rack up a nice kill count - till i accidently drop 5 bombs on my own team mates and get kicked from server.

single seater fighters was cool. but those 2 seaters are dog chow for the single seaters. and thats something i could never understand why. one of the major advantages the single seater jets had was their ability to take corners that would shatter your neck into so many itty bitty peices. and youd think it would be a little worse on the double seater - cuz their bigger n heavier but my god they were terrible to fly and you cant dogfight worth a shit in them because the smaller jets were so much faster and can turn harder n faster then you can :( but i digress. flooring the throttle on the dual seater and pulling it into a vertical climb and dropping back down to earth again with a missile so close to your 6 you could hear the rocket fuel in it fizzing away is just awesome - then i start doing my stunts n flying under low bridges and open hangars Because thats what i do.

24. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    Then you and Kurgan should get room because BF2 was far better in its day then BC2 ever was.

Nick89 says thanks.
  25. Black Haru

Black Haru

Thanks Received:
    bf:2 and bc2 are not comparable titles, nor did I hake any mention of bc2 in my last post.

I was just saying that I am interested to see what DICE has been working on, since they have made such excellent games in the past.

1Kurgan1 says thanks.