• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Battlefield 3 Premium Sells Over 800K Since Launch

cadaveca

My name is Dave
it amazes me how much money people are willing to drop on certain franchise games. price used to be a pretty hefty deterrent but now a-days people seem to jump at the chance to drop their money.

With everything else in life costing so much more than it used to, but games staying at relatively the same price, I can understand it.

$50 for a PC game has been the norm for hmm..5-6 years?

Can you even go to movie and buy popcorn for that cost?

A lot of people will get hundreds of hours out of the $50, vs a couple at the theatre for the same cost...

Processor OCed 5800X3D
Motherboard Asucks C6H
Cooling Air
Memory 32GB
Video Card(s) OCed 6800XT
Storage NVMees
Display(s) 32" Dull curved 1440
Case Freebie glass idk
Audio Device(s) Sennheiser
Power Supply Don't even remember
And the masses (tards) keep paying big money for nearly nothing.

Boy, you sure are teaching EA a lesson. "Hey, they can rip us off, not fix the game, provide crap maps and WE WILL STILL GIVE THEM MORE MONEY, yay"

Bravo. No complaining from anyone (that pays), ever, again about EA.

A lot of people will get hundreds of hours out of the $50, vs a couple at the theatre for the same cost...

Irrelevant...well, actually incredibly relevant. Why do you think it costs an arm and a leg to see a movie? PEOPLE KEEP PAYING. Not only are they forking over 10s of dollars to see a movie, but the movies are terrible! This is exactly why it costs so much (aside from price fixing). There's no incentive for them to change and none for EA, at the moment.

Last edited:
System Name Red Giant
Processor Intel Core i7-12700K
Motherboard MSI Pro Z690
Cooling Corsair H100i elite
Memory Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB
Video Card(s) MSI 4070TI Super
Storage 960 GB Sandisk SSD
Display(s) 27 inch Predator 144 hz 2k
Case CoolerMaster HAF X
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Corsair AX1200
Mouse Logitech G502 Hero
Keyboard Corsair K95 Platinum
Software Windows 11 Pro
Uhg got BF3 on midnight release and too broke right now to get Premium must have my for sale thread start selling lol.

cadaveca

My name is Dave

Boy, you sure are teaching EA a lesson. "Hey, they can rip us off, not fix the game, provide crap maps and WE WILL STILL GIVE THEM MORE MONEY, yay"

Yeah, lots of people have issues, but I don't mind the "bugs", and the new maps are fine, too, although very very different.

The only issue I have is the seemingly high prevalence of "cheaters", but then, while that's partially DICE's fault, it's also those that choose to play in that fashion. And with that, I have no issues leaving a server to try a new one.

However, when it comes to EA, EA didn't really have anything to do with this game, other than publishing it. DICE made the game, EA sells it. Blaming EA is like blaming the mailman for putting a bill in your mailbox...

Processor OCed 5800X3D
Motherboard Asucks C6H
Cooling Air
Memory 32GB
Video Card(s) OCed 6800XT
Storage NVMees
Display(s) 32" Dull curved 1440
Case Freebie glass idk
Audio Device(s) Sennheiser
Power Supply Don't even remember
Yeah, lots of people have issues, but I don't mind the "bugs", and the new maps are fine, too, although very very different.

The only issue I have is the seemingly high prevalence of "cheaters", but then, while that's partially DICE's fault, it's also those that choose to play in that fashion. And with that, I have no issues leaving a server to try a new one.

However, when it comes to EA, EA didn't really have anything to do with this game, other than publishing it. DICE made the game, EA sells it. Blaming EA is like blaming the mailman for putting a bill in your mailbox...

EA controls the studios. That's why everything a big publisher touches turns to shit. Whoever has the money has the cards. DICE is a puppet of their will. Quality is sacrificed every time.

cadaveca

My name is Dave
Irrelevant...well, actually incredibly relevant. Why do you think it costs an arm and a leg to see a movie? PEOPLE KEEP PAYING. Not only are they forking over 10s of dollars to see a movie, but the movies are terrible! This is exactly why it costs so much. There's no incentive for them to change and none for EA, at the moment.

I don't go to theatres, don't buy movies, and watch them when my cable provider gives them to me in an "On Demand" format.

But I truly get your point.

However, I got 350 hours and then some outta that $100 I gave EA. TOTALLY WORTH IT, IMHO.

EA controls the studios. That's why everything a big publisher touches turns to shit. Whoever has the money has the cards. DICE is a puppet of their will.

I don't see it that way. But, you are more than entitled to feel that way, for sure. DICE didn't neccesarily have to use EA in the first place...I'm pretty sure EA does not OWN DICE, but I could be wrong.

Companies tend to value their "content" too much. They release few maps and they value that at 15 bucks. Seriously, thats 1/3 of the initial price. For few extra maps? Or stuff that should be in the game to begin with. 75 bucks worth of content my buttocks. So, do you get an entirely new game with few DLC's for this price? They sure value it like you do... What do you realistically get for 75 bucks here? Few rubbish extra points, few maps, weapons and some skins or other rubbish crap they made during the initial game making but tossed it out for later milking of buyers.... ?

Easy Rhino

Linux Advocate
Staff member
System Name Desktop
Processor i5 13600KF
Motherboard AsRock B760M Steel Legend Wifi
Cooling Noctua NH-U9S
Memory 4x 16 Gb Gskill S5 DDR5 @6000
Video Card(s) Gigabyte Gaming OC 6750 XT 12GB
Storage WD_BLACK 4TB SN850x
Display(s) Gigabye M32U
Case Corsair Carbide 400C
Audio Device(s) On Board
Power Supply EVGA Supernova 650 P2
Mouse MX Master 3s
Keyboard Logitech G915 Wireless Clicky
Software The Matrix
With everything else in life costing so much more than it used to, but games staying at relatively the same price, I can understand it.

That was my thought as well. The old 'staycation' is much less expensive then going and doing the traditional vacation.

cadaveca

My name is Dave
That was my thought as well. The old 'staycation' is much less expensive then going and doing the traditional vacation.

:laugh:

Exactly. That fact that "staycation" is even a "word" says it all.

Although ,you know, for me personally, say I paid fully for both BF3 and Premium, @ $100...and I've palyed 350+ hours...that's like 30 cents per hour of entertainment. That's a fantastic value.

OF course, there is also the thing that games now a days all cost that $50..some even $60, but give far less "time", with 8-12 hours being the average. But when I was a kid palying games, games for the Nintendo were $90...but the games I tended to paly gave me 6 0hours plus, like all the Final Fantasy games and such.

So for me, nothing has really changed. The addition of all the social aspects to games like BF3 keep people coming back, and developers realize that too...it's not just about "staycations" anymore...it's about creating experiences that become a big part of all your entertainment, and for me, BF3 has provided that entertainment since launch...which has been about 9 months now....

Even if we go by months...that's like $11 a month....how is that expensive?

Easy Rhino

Linux Advocate
Staff member
System Name Desktop
Processor i5 13600KF
Motherboard AsRock B760M Steel Legend Wifi
Cooling Noctua NH-U9S
Memory 4x 16 Gb Gskill S5 DDR5 @6000
Video Card(s) Gigabyte Gaming OC 6750 XT 12GB
Storage WD_BLACK 4TB SN850x
Display(s) Gigabye M32U
Case Corsair Carbide 400C
Audio Device(s) On Board
Power Supply EVGA Supernova 650 P2
Mouse MX Master 3s
Keyboard Logitech G915 Wireless Clicky
Software The Matrix
:laugh:

Exactly. That fact that "staycation" is even a "word" says it all.

Although ,you know, for me personally, say I paid fully for both BF3 and Premium, @ $100...and I've palyed 350+ hours...that's like 30 cents per hour of entertainment. That's a fantastic value.

OF course, there is also the thing that games now a days all cost that $50..some even $60, but give far less "time", with 8-12 hours being the average. But when I was a kid palying games, games for the Nintendo were $90...but the games I tended to paly gave me 6 0hours plus, like all the Final Fantasy games and such.

So for me, nothing has really changed. The addition of all the social aspects to games like BF3 keep people coming back, and developers realize that too...it's not just about "staycations" anymore...it's about creating experiences that become a big part of all your entertainment, and for me, BF3 has provided that entertainment since launch...which has been about 9 months now....

Even if we go by months...that's like $11 a month....how is that expensive?

it's not. it is a great value as you point out. but i think the younger gamers will blows $60 on a game and play it for like 20 hours.

"Tards"? Could you possibly make your juvenility any more plain? Here's the thing. It's big money to you because you're still living with mommy and daddy. I'm not. I have a job, and it's just one day's pay for me. What I got in return is over 500 hours of entertainment and the game just keeps on giving.

Irrelevant...well, actually incredibly relevant. Why do you think it costs an arm and a leg to see a movie? PEOPLE KEEP PAYING. Not only are they forking over 10s of dollars to see a movie, but the movies are terrible!

Crap on stilts. An arm and a leg gets you a great deal more than ten dollars, even in China. Just don't let them go all manky. But anyway, movies are terrible according to ~you~; Bf3 maps are crap according to ~you~ as if what you like or hate has any friggin' value to anyone else. Pull your head in now before you develop a full on authoritarian streak later in life.

This is exactly why it costs so much (aside from price fixing). There's no incentive for them to change and none for EA, at the moment.

It costs so much according to ~you~. To me it is great value. Case closed.

AlienIsGOD

Vanguard Beta Tester
System Name Aliens Ryzen Rig | 2nd Hand Omen
Processor Ryzen R5 5600 | Ryzen R5 3600
Motherboard Gigabyte B450 Aorus Elite (F61 BIOS) | B450 matx
Cooling DeepCool Castle EX V2 240mm AIO| stock for now
Memory 8GB X 2 DDR4 3000mhz Team Group Vulcan | 16GB DDR4
Video Card(s) Sapphire Pulse RX 5700 8GB | GTX 1650 4GB
Storage Adata XPG 8200 PRO 512GB SSD OS / 240 SSD + 2TB M.2 SSD Games / 1000 GB Data | SSD + HDD
Display(s) Acer ED273 27" VA 144hz Freesync |TCL 32" 1080P w/ HDR
Case NZXT H500 Black | HP Omen Obelisk
Audio Device(s) Onboard Realtek | Onboard Realtek
Power Supply EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650w 80+ Gold | 500w
Mouse Steelseries Rival 500 15 button mouse w/ Razor Goliathus Chroma XL mousemat | Logitech G502
Keyboard Logitech G910 Orion Spark RGB w/ Romer G tactile keys | Logitech G513 Carbon w/ Romer G tactile keys
Software Windows 10 Pro | Windows 10 Pro
man i have less than 50 hours played and I already feel that it was money well spent. Christ, im on a fixed income and can set aside the neccessary funds to build my comp, buy bf3 and karkand then Premium. If you don't wish to pay for something like this then don't, but don't slander us that did buy it because we feel its a good deal.

I can also back up Dave's comment on 8 bit games costing $75-90 dollars. Hell i even remember when the Neo Geo came out. System was about $500 and games were $200 each. All this to be able to play arcade games at home. Let's not forget the very 1st CD based system ever, the 3DO http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/3DO_Interactive_Multiplayer. $600 for that system.. maybe more depending on sources.

To sum it up, the gamer of the 2000s and up dont know how good they have it price wise compared to some of us older members.

Where as I can agree with Cadaveca's point, comparing it to the theaters seems wrong to me, for the past ten years at least my theaters prices have all been the same. I could list numerous other things that gone up 50-100% though.

The only reason I don't really care for BF3 and a few other games is when DLC feels more like an unfinished game, ala Back to Karkand felt like just that to my friends and myself. Only cause all the default maps were pretty much atrocious. As well as the fact that many things weren't even remotely balanced for about half a year, just felt eh.

cadaveca

My name is Dave
it's not. it is a great value as you point out. but i think the younger gamers will blows $60 on a game and play it for like 20 hours.

Heh. Short attention spans are short attention spans.

Where as I can agree with Cadaveca's point, comparing it to the theaters seems wrong to me, for the past ten years at least my theaters prices have all been the same. I could list numerous other things that gone up 50-100% though.

The only reason I don't really care for BF3 and a few other games is when DLC feels more like an unfinished game, ala Back to Karkand felt like just that to my friends and myself. Only cause all the default maps were pretty much atrocious. As well as the fact that many things weren't even remotely balanced for about half a year, just felt eh.

You know, out of the original maps, I don't like many either. But then, the problems posed by the map design and problems with netcode lead to a situation that presents a challenge. Taking the time to learn how to use the flaws presented to your best advantage is what's kept me entertained this whole time.

I started playing with a controller; medical reasons. When I could finally use mouse and keyboard, my score, and average finishing position, really shot up. But I was used to playing within the confines of the controller, and I knew it wasn't optimal, and I needed to work at it to keep up with the guys I regularily play with. Without some osrt of challenge, whatever it is, I get bored quick. BF3 kept me going for a long time, but all DICE games do. I'm not sure why, but what they do really appeals to me.

I'm stuck to using just a controller again, and I won't even bother playing the Close Quarters maps. Thank god for the two week preview with Premium, so I know to not waste my time. By the time my shoulder is healed, the next map pack will be out...I can't wait.:laugh:

Liek any game, not everyone is gonna like it. Thankfully there's a tonne of other options out there.

I know this argument has been beaten like a dead horse, but some of us old time PC gamers, particularly of the FPS genre are really disappointed in the direction AAA games have gone the past 7 years or so. I always liked playing Quake, UT, and CS with an older a slightly more sophisticated crowd than consolers...being part of community servers that were fun and well administrated with unique mods. Now we just have games with very low skill curves that take about 30-50 hours to be good at, and DLC to keep entertaining people.

The total lack of functional anti-cheat and administrative tools for BF is a joke too that kills the fun for a lot of people.

cadaveca

My name is Dave
I know this argument has been beaten like a dead horse, but some of us old time PC gamers, particularly of the FPS genre are really disappointed in the direction AAA games have gone the past 7 years or so. I always liked playing Quake, UT, and CS with an older a slightly more sophisticated crowd than consolers...being part of community servers that were fun and well administrated with unique mods. Now we just have games with very low skill curves that take about 30-50 hours to be good at, and DLC to keep entertaining people.

The total lack of functional anti-cheat and administrative tools for BF is a joke too that kills the fun for a lot of people.

Oh, I totally agree. But dammit, I need something, and it seems BF3 is it. We have a pretty healthy group of guys that plays near nightly, so of course, that helps too, but the option of not buying, and not playing, just isn't something I'm willing to do, period.

I understand why BF3 is so popular, in a way, and it's a love-hate relationship for many, for sure. I count myself as part of that crowd...

But let me just say this. The news article says 800k sales since launch. I live in a city of about 1.3 million. It's not liek BF3 Premium is really all that successful. That number, globally, nevermind locally, is so tiny, it's laughable. Clearly many people are not impressed.

The question remains, from my perspective, is just how, exactly, does that 800K compare to the number of sales of the original game?;)

Processor Intel i5 2500K @4.5GHz
Motherboard MSI Z68-GD65-G3
Cooling Kuhler 620
Memory 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz
Video Card(s) 2xASUS GTX670 DC2 TOP
Storage 1x128GB SanDisk SDSSDX + 1x1TB WD Black
Display(s) Dell U2312HM
Case Corsair 400R
Audio Device(s) ASUS Xonar Essence STX
Power Supply Corsair AX850
I have no problems paying for DLCs done right. BF3 Premium seems to be one of those. I don't see many game-breaking bugs nowadays, but having such a massive game like BF3, some bugs should be expect and overlooked.

Its easy to say 'should've come with the game' and all, but games nowadays cost millions to make, and I doubt any of us would do anything different if we were the publisher/developer. We expect photo realistic graphics, many weapons, vehicles, maps, etc As fas as we know, its not even possible to release the game at the same time with all the content.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying all DLCs are worth it, but this one is, at least for me. This is actually the first time I even bought a DLC pack, if other publishers had similar content, I would've gladly bought those too.

System Name Lailalo
Processor Ryzen 9 5900X Boosts to 4.95Ghz
Motherboard Asus TUF Gaming X570-Plus (WIFI
Cooling Noctua
Memory 32GB DDR4 3200 Corsair Vengeance
Video Card(s) XFX 7900XT 20GB
Storage Samsung 970 Pro Plus 1TB, Crucial 1TB MX500 SSD, Segate 3TB
Display(s) LG Ultrawide 29in @ 2560x1080
Case Coolermaster Storm Sniper
Power Supply XPG 1000W
Mouse G602
Keyboard G510s
Software Windows 10 Pro / Windows 10 Home
Original Bad Company is still my fav. BC2 was wussified vehicles and a CoD story. I'm still surprised why it is so beloved. Sure it had some great maps but they bought back a lot from the original BC and then cut features from them. The first game was so much more fun. No real QQ about snipers...see a sniper, just rain bombs on him...done. Had some fantastic sniper hunt battles. Really weeded out the good sniper from the bad. Tanks didn't get stuck on sidewalks, helicopters actually were useful and took skill to pilot properly, as well as shoot down. No AA or stinger spam. Then no lame killcam/cheatcam.

BF3...its alright. It gets some things right but if you only play in Normal mode, you'll never see them.

Figure I'll get Premium soon. Waiting on money. Really looking forward to the upcoming armored warfare maps they are adding. Hoping for some epic tank battles again. Haven't had them since BC1, with some ok ones in BC2. Trouble with BF3, they get disabled too easily. Like all the armor means nothing.

System Name Miami
Processor Ryzen 3800X
Motherboard Asus Crosshair VII Formula
Cooling Ek Velocity/ 2x 280mm Radiators/ Alphacool fullcover
Memory F4-3600C16Q-32GTZNC
Video Card(s) XFX 6900 XT Speedster 0
Storage 1TB WD M.2 SSD/ 2TB WD SN750/ 4TB WD Black HDD
Display(s) DELL AW3420DW / HP ZR24w
Case Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL
Audio Device(s) EVGA Nu Audio
Power Supply Seasonic Prime Gold 1000W+750W
Mouse Corsair Scimitar/Glorious Model O-
Keyboard Corsair K95 Platinum
Software Windows 10 Pro

$12 for a IMAX ticket and $12 for popcorn, $12 x2 for your date's IMAX ticket and popcorn so total $48 dollars. So...

System Name panda
Processor 6700k
Motherboard sabertooth s
Cooling raystorm block<black ice stealth 240 rad<ek dcc 18w 140 xres
Memory 32gb ripjaw v
Video Card(s) 290x gamer<ntzx g10<antec 920
Storage 950 pro 250gb boot 850 evo pr0n
Display(s) QX2710LED@110hz lg 27ud68p
Case 540 Air
Audio Device(s) nope
Power Supply 750w superflower
Mouse g502
Keyboard shine 3 with grey, black and red caps
Software win 10
Benchmark Scores http://hwbot.org/user/marsey99/
i think the way ea/diec have done this stinks and it has caused as big a split in the bf community as i have ever seen but i also think that £40 for 4 dlc with early access is worth it given its going to cost £60 to buy all the remaining packs anyway.

i dont like that i have paid for b2k twice now and am unable to gift it to a friend, i mean if we was able to gift the 2nd b2k pack there would be more playing the dlc and maybe they would be more inclined to buy more too but no, ea doesnt think that.

fyi bf3 has cost me under £75 and i have over 600 hours racked up so it is well worth my money, i mean my next fave thing charges £50 an hour so its saved me about £30000 :)

Buying one DLC twice is beyond stupidity, so I will simply wait until Premium become really cheap..

(thing is, most BF3 players bought B2K DLC, but its also included in Premium, which means you will pay 2x times for one DLC, EA is apparently incapable of doing some deal for B2K owners, well I guess they dont want to.. more money for them)

Its nice that BF3 is better selling than current CoD, but truth is, both games are from gaming point of view pure crap.. Games for no skill, half-wit idiots. Most of today gamers would be just pwned and owned in games like UT99 or Q3..

TheMailMan78

Big Member
System Name TheMailbox 5.0 / The Mailbox 4.5
Processor RYZEN 1700X / Intel i7 2600k @ 4.2GHz
Motherboard Fatal1ty X370 Gaming K4 / Gigabyte Z77X-UP5 TH Intel LGA 1155
Cooling MasterLiquid PRO 280 / Scythe Katana 4
Memory ADATA RGB 16GB DDR4 2666 16-16-16-39 / G.SKILL Sniper Series 16GB DDR3 1866: 9-9-9-24
Video Card(s) MSI 1080 "Duke" with 8Gb of RAM. Boost Clock 1847 MHz / ASUS 780ti
Storage 256Gb M4 SSD / 128Gb Agelity 4 SSD , 500Gb WD (7200)
Display(s) LG 29" Class 21:9 UltraWide® IPS LED Monitor 2560 x 1080 / Dell 27"
Case Cooler Master MASTERBOX 5t / Cooler Master 922 HAF
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1220 Audio Codec / SupremeFX X-Fi with Bose Companion 2 speakers.
Power Supply Seasonic FOCUS Plus Series SSR-750PX 750W Platinum / SeaSonic X Series X650 Gold
Mouse SteelSeries Sensei (RAW) / Logitech G5
Keyboard Razer BlackWidow / Logitech (Unknown)
Software Windows 10 Pro (64-bit)
Benchmark Scores Benching is for bitches.
man i have less than 50 hours played and I already feel that it was money well spent. Christ, im on a fixed income and can set aside the neccessary funds to build my comp, buy bf3 and karkand then Premium. If you don't wish to pay for something like this then don't, but don't slander us that did buy it because we feel its a good deal.

I can also back up Dave's comment on 8 bit games costing $75-90 dollars. Hell i even remember when the Neo Geo came out. System was about $500 and games were $200 each. All this to be able to play arcade games at home. Let's not forget the very 1st CD based system ever, the 3DO http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/3DO_Interactive_Multiplayer. $600 for that system.. maybe more depending on sources.

To sum it up, the gamer of the 2000s and up dont know how good they have it price wise compared to some of us older members.

Exactly. I have been arguing games are under priced for a while now. My first gaming experience was in 1982. I remember the gaming crash in 83/84 due to games skyrocketing in price due to license fees (ET I'm looking at you). You know how much they were selling them for? 39.99. This was in 1983 and the games cost a 16th to make then what they do today. Was the market as big? No. But that should make the price even lower with a smaller market and development cost. However they were still $39.99 in 1983! If we had those same prices today a game would cost $92.27. If it was 1985 prices when they hit the pinnacle of $49.99 and stayed there SINCE 1985 to the 360/PS3 debut the cost would be $106.77. So now the question is do you think Jungle Hunt or Super Mario gave you more content then BF3 and ALL its DLC? Because basically you just got $109.98 dollars worth of content for $51.49 if we were still living in 1985. ;)

So for all of you people saying games are over priced.......I'm sorry but you don't know WTF you are talking about.

$12 for a IMAX ticket and $12 for popcorn, $12 x2 for your date's IMAX ticket and popcorn so total $48 dollars. So...

Oh cool! 48 bucks for an hour and a half of entertainment and crappy food.......or 59 bones for 300+ hours of entertainment in BF3. You sir are an economic GENIUS!

Last edited:

MxPhenom 216

ASIC Engineer
System Name Ryzen Reflection
Processor AMD Ryzen 9 5900x
Motherboard Gigabyte X570S Aorus Master
Cooling 2x EK PE360 | TechN AM4 AMD Block Black | EK Quantum Vector Trinity GPU Nickel + Plexi
Memory Teamgroup T-Force Xtreem 2x16GB B-Die 3600 @ 14-14-14-28-42-288-2T 1.45v
Video Card(s) Zotac AMP HoloBlack RTX 3080Ti 12G | 950mV 1950Mhz
Storage WD SN850 500GB (OS) | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB (Games_1) | Samsung 970 Evo 1TB (Games_2)
Display(s) Asus XG27AQM 240Hz G-Sync Fast-IPS | Gigabyte M27Q-P 165Hz 1440P IPS | Asus 24" IPS (portrait mode)
Case Lian Li PC-011D XL | Custom cables by Cablemodz
Audio Device(s) FiiO K7 | Sennheiser HD650 + Beyerdynamic FOX Mic
Power Supply Seasonic Prime Ultra Platinum 850
Mouse Razer Viper v2 Pro
Keyboard Razer Huntsman Tournament Edition
Software Windows 11 Pro 64-Bit
wait a BF3 Premium thread turned into a movie theater and popcorn argument? lol BF3 is better then movie theater and shitty popcorn.

Last edited:

cadaveca

My name is Dave
wait a BF3 Premium thread turned into a movie theater and popcorn argument? lol BF3 is better then movie theater and shitty popcorn.

Because locally, for me, going to the threatre is MORE expensive. I have plain ol' stopped going, period, becuase I get far more out of buying a game, even if the game is ultra crappy.

Dude posted above that it's $12...for me, it's $12.99, plus tax(5%), or 3D is $15.99...making games @ $50 CHEAPER.

Both are regular forms of entertainment that people enjoy. Of the people I talk to locally, those that go to the movies regularily, don't play video games, and vice-versa. EasyRHino said it surprised him how readily some people drop cash on certain franchises, and to me, it's no differnt than the people i know that go to movies weekly. I cannot understand how people can do THAT...although I do understand needing entertainment. Games and movies are jsut differnt forms of entertainment, and for me, a big part of my personal justification for the money I spend on video games is that other forms of entertainment are actaully more expensive.

I mean, I've got 4 kids, so going to the movie theatre isn't just $50...more like $150. So buying Premium is a no-brainer, given my own circumstances.

AlienIsGOD

Vanguard Beta Tester
System Name Aliens Ryzen Rig | 2nd Hand Omen
Processor Ryzen R5 5600 | Ryzen R5 3600
Motherboard Gigabyte B450 Aorus Elite (F61 BIOS) | B450 matx
Cooling DeepCool Castle EX V2 240mm AIO| stock for now
Memory 8GB X 2 DDR4 3000mhz Team Group Vulcan | 16GB DDR4
Video Card(s) Sapphire Pulse RX 5700 8GB | GTX 1650 4GB
Storage Adata XPG 8200 PRO 512GB SSD OS / 240 SSD + 2TB M.2 SSD Games / 1000 GB Data | SSD + HDD
Display(s) Acer ED273 27" VA 144hz Freesync |TCL 32" 1080P w/ HDR
Case NZXT H500 Black | HP Omen Obelisk
Audio Device(s) Onboard Realtek | Onboard Realtek
Power Supply EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650w 80+ Gold | 500w
Mouse Steelseries Rival 500 15 button mouse w/ Razor Goliathus Chroma XL mousemat | Logitech G502
Keyboard Logitech G910 Orion Spark RGB w/ Romer G tactile keys | Logitech G513 Carbon w/ Romer G tactile keys
Software Windows 10 Pro | Windows 10 Pro
I mean, I've got 4 kids, so going to the movie theatre isn't just $50...more like $150. So buying Premium is a no-brainer, given my own circumstances

and thats the problem. the ppl against it assume its a bad deal compared to spending on other things yet the prolly have no kids or live at home w/ parents. Just about ALL of us older members have families and thats why it makes the $50 a good deal, we HAVE to spend more on other forms of entertainment.

I only have 2 kids but movies are def more than $50 ( i mean who just buys a ticket and then ONLY popcorn for the 2+ hour movie, theres drinks, nachos, chocolate or sugar candies etc.) That right there; especially for my kids, makes it more expensive. AND movies are about the cheapest thing a family can do together... camping is just crazy expensive ( lot fees, booze for adults and food and munchies for everyone.... not to mention gas costs associated with getting there and back and runs into town for the odd thing u forgot to bring).