1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Battlefield 4/crysis 3/COD ghosts, amd or nvidia?

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by dr.noob, Jul 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dr.noob

Thanks Received:
    An equivalent graphic card for this games only which one is the best in terms of performance?

2. CruelTea New Member

Thanks Received:
    You want best in terms of performance? Get a 295x2 Or a Titan Z.
    If you want price to performance and have a budget I would get a 770 or 280x. I had an sli 770 4gb setup and just one card alone is plenty. Only dumped my single 2gb 770 because of stuttering in titanfall on extreme and games requiring lots of Vram. Even cod ghosts uses a ton of it only at 1080p surprisingly.

3. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    I could look at reviews and let you know.. or you could check some reviews yourself. ;)

10 Year Member at TPU
  4. GhostRyder

GhostRyder

Thanks Received:
    Depends on a couple of things:
    Resolution
    Price
    Amount of cards

If you go for a dual GPU card, the 295x2 is the top stock performer.

For single GPU at 1080p and 1440p:
    Gtx 780ti
    R9 290X
    GTX 780
    R9 290
    R9 280X
    Gtx 770
    R9 280
    Gtx 760

It then goes on down the list...

At 2160p it changes because of VRAM limits but that is an extreme resolution.

For the specific games, Mantle is AMD exclusive right now on BF4 and adds performance giving amd the edge. Crysis 3 is also an AMD title and is a very intensive game that sides with no one. They are very closely matched and again depends on resolution and game settings. CoD is on Nvidias side and performs a bit better there.

In reality, it's game dependent on which performs best but overall the 780ti inches into the lead.

5. Solaris17

Solaris17 Creator Solaris Utility DVD

Thanks Received:
    S3 Chrome 540 GTX

ChristTheGreat, Frick and MxPhenom 216 say thanks.
    10 Year Member at TPU 25 Million points folded for TPU
  6. dr.noob

Thanks Received:
    Do you help people with posts like these or is it only for the post count?

GhostRyder thanks for your reply, that's exactly what i wanted to know.

So, if i have a 280x and a 770 at 1080p on this three games only, AMD would win, gotcha. :)

7. MxPhenom 216

MxPhenom 216 Corsair Fanboy

Thanks Received:
    I am surprised there arent more users with the same replies seeing how the forums have been infested with these kinds of threads as of late. The answers are in the reviews and benchmarks that are all over the internet, some of which come from this site. I get the feeling that 99% of the users who post these threads dont bother looking at reviews first. Which might actually help you learn something in the end.

What I say to most people. buy the best card within your budget. Cards these days perform so damn close to each other with respect to their competitive price point, so its a matter of choosing green vs red.

rtwjunkie, TissueBox and Solaris17 say thanks.
  8. dr.noob

Thanks Received:
    I did not check the reviews, yeah my bad so what?! That's why we have foruns like these to ask for help. If you do not want to give me a straight answer like x or y that's your problem, not mine. Then get out of this thread and don't post garbage.

I do not want to buy any card, was that my question? Nope...I was just asking which one was better for those three games. That's all.

9. MxPhenom 216

MxPhenom 216 Corsair Fanboy

Thanks Received:
    You made an open ended question. A card from either AMD or Nvidia. No budget, no preferred gaming resolution, etc. Maybe ask a more specific question to get better help, instead of flaming the users that are trying to answer such a vague question.

GhostRyder pretty much covered it all.

10. CruelTea New Member

Thanks Received:
    The 770 and 280x are dead even pretty much. It comes down to what bells and whistles you want. And the pros and cons of each card.

280x is a tad cheaper with mantle with increased power consumption but some games beats the 770 and also loses to it in some. Please note mantle is best used with aged CPUs to see most benefit.

770 costs a little more not much but you get live streaming/recording with shadowplay and nvidia works which cod ghosts uses such as physx along with lower power consumption. But has 2gb vs the 3gb 280x

11. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Some people often post before doing the easiest thing to get their information be it for the excitement of posting or other reasons. You see, I thought this was the case and I made my post to help you in your GPU adventure. Apparently GhostRyder did it right (please forgive my analogy), got to the end boss and saved the princess for you. Which is what you wanted, so, my bad. At least you got what you needed.

No more garbage will be posted in this thread ever again.

10 Year Member at TPU
  12. HammerON

HammerON The Watchful Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    MxPhenom 216 says thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  13. 64K

Thanks Received:
    I don't think he should need a high end GPU. Checking his specs I think he's gaming at 1280 X 1024. I'm not familiar enough with that resolution and modern day GPUs to recommend a GPU but maybe knowing his resolution can be helpful to this thread.

14. Liquid Cool

Liquid Cool

Thanks Received:
    In agreement with 64K...if I had the rig in your system specs, I'd upgrade to a 22" monitor and call it good. My cheap 22" of choice is a Dell P2210.

I have a GTS 450 which is a rival of your HD 5750 and it plays every game in my Steam account. Not with the eye candy most are used to I might add...but plays them all well...and I have a lowly $10 Core 2 Duo.

Best,

LC