1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

OFFICIAL Battlefield 4 (Discussion)

Discussion in 'Games' started by TheMailMan78, Feb 19, 2013.

1. boise49ers

boise49ers

Thanks Received:
  2. boise49ers

boise49ers

Thanks Received:
  3. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Don't need the free stuff and the point is to unlock these weapons, not make them free and easy to have for everyone. I would appreciate it if they worked on fixing the bugs/netcode/etc. in the game and get the DLC out.

10 Year Member at TPU
  4. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    DAMN IT.......I HATE AGREEING WITH YOU. BLOW HARDER!

5. boise49ers

boise49ers

Thanks Received:
    That is pretty much what everyone is thinking it sounds like from their blog.
    So it put's a noob starter on equal footing. Lame shit for sure. I can benefit just
    because I rank up so slow, but still it ain't right. This is all because of their guilt
    for such a buggy release I'm sure. Trying to attract more people to make up
    for those they lost. Damage control :(

So Toshiba released Mantle already. I'm loading it, but of course no games support it yet.
    http://www.legitreviews.com/amd-catalyst-13-35-beta-driver-leaked-mantle-trueaudio-support_134753

update: Installed Mantle and the laptop supports it. Orgin is updating with an file not sure if it is for this or not.

2pm CST UPDATE: AMD said that this driver has no mantle components in it. We also spoke with James Prior (Global PR Manager, AMD) and he said that Mantle is on track for a January release. With only three days left in the month it means that some folks at AMD are going to be working late for the next few nights.
    Read more at http://www.legitreviews.com/amd-cat...-trueaudio-support_134753#pw8cSM9EqCblU42K.99

Last edited: Jan 29, 2014
  6. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Yep, and in their minds they are making people happy with losing as little money as possible. Actually, satisfying customers comes in 2nd to money/profits.. that's obvious.

Also..

When in the hell are they going to fix Lancang Dam? Water IS supposed to come out of the damn and flood/change/levolution the capture point(s) just below it.

1Kurgan1 says thanks.
    10 Year Member at TPU
  7. happita

happita

Thanks Received:
    Yep. I actually want to spend some time getting these weapons and unlocks, not handed to me on a silver platter. It makes the game last that much longer. I used up a few XP boosters that I got from some battlepacks, but then I was like, wtf am I doing this for? I want to get as much out of this game as I can. But screw having that whole dropdown menu when you hit the escape button on the bottom right hand corner when in-game. I have way too many unused XP boosters. DICE, give me an option to just scrap that shit please?

8. Octopuss

Octopuss

Thanks Received:
    Every day that you log into the game in February, you’ll receive a Bronze or Silver Battlepack.

These voluntary shortcut bundles will unlock all grenades and handguns for Battlefield 4

For all of our Battlefield 4 Premium users, we’re adding two additional weapon shortcuts, unlocking DMR’s and shotguns.

My god, are they dumb or what? Silver platter at its best. What in the bloody hell is this crap? BF4 is piece of cake in its default state already compared to BF3, so why all this?
    I don't even want to touch the super idiotic nonsense called double XP, because I'd get banned for profanity. Why did you even bother with ranks and unlocks then, you idiots?!

I don't like to be served stuff.
    Was considering to come back as soon as I get my card, but looking at this, I think I will wait until this is over. I couldn't possibly enjoy all the stuff I'd get this way. Someone buy me Skyrim while this lasts :p

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 29, 2014
  9. caleb

Thanks Received:
    Why you no like dice giving you buttons to click so you can get silencers ?
    Use your imagination man, its a big golden suitcase man, epic stuff inside! :)

I started playing skyrim too lol

10 Year Member at TPU
  10. erixx

erixx

Thanks Received:
    I would really prefer to enjoy all or nearly all stuff without having to rank up, i am not a dedicated, enrolled, hardcore, diehard, jobless, sexless, BFfan, pro-gamer, merchandise-buying DICE/EA slave, but I also bought the game. I just want to enjoy the coded weapons before I die (in real life)!!!!!

Hilux SSRG says thanks.
  11. Maleko

Maleko

Thanks Received:
    I ALWAYS thought that, it does very little to change the game play as it stands at the moment. A Dam holds water...sheesh...

Last edited: Jan 29, 2014
  12. erixx

erixx

Thanks Received:
    ^ +1 ^^ + 1

13. Octopuss

Octopuss

Thanks Received:
    Noone said the dam was functional, lol. Maybe it dried out. A dam is not supposed to be half broken anyway :p

14. boise49ers

boise49ers

Thanks Received:
    I thought I read that it was only going to have concrete and boulders come down, but no water. Or were they going to correct that ?

15. Maleko

Maleko

Thanks Received:
    It pours out in the campaign, so figured it should in the multiplayer?

16. Mindweaver

Mindweaver Moderato®™ Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Hey TMM and Reayth we had a good squad going last night! :toast: Who was the other guy and what does [DN] mean? My brother and I use [FU] which means Fighters United. I bought the domain fighters-united.org years ago, but never had time to do anything site wise.

REAYTH says thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  17. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    That's Gunny here on the forums and DN stands for "Deez Nutz". That's what we all roll with on TS. Everyone's a leader on Deez Nutz.

I agree again. I was a strong defender of DICE for a long time and I still do when they are in the "right". However with the delay of the DLC and the many bugs people have had, (I haven't really had one) and the rehash of old maps from the last game its getting harder and harder to justify a defense. Paid 100 bucks for a game to get early access to DLC only to have it delayed. To top it off now they give me free unlocks. I don't WANT FREE UNLOCKS! I want to earn them.

The whole rehash of maps from the last game really, REALLY bothers me. If they were from 1942 or BF2 I would be cool with that. But to rehash a map from the last game using the same engine? WTF man. WTF.

18. Mindweaver

Mindweaver Moderato®™ Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    LOL now that's funny. I'll have to jump on Deez Nutz the next time.. lol

Crunching for Team TPU
  19. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    Everyone's welcome on Deez Nutz.

happita says thanks.
  20. MarcusTaz

MarcusTaz

Thanks Received:
    So very true, this rank up chit is killing me. Bring back BF3 with new maps :>))

Hilux SSRG says thanks.
    10 Year Member at TPU
  21. happita

happita

Thanks Received:
    It never gets old hearing "Deez Nutz" used in so many unconventional ways, there's limitless possibilities :laugh:

When the platoons are made, count me in, I want to get on Deez Nutz.

22. caleb

Thanks Received:
    erixx says thanks.
    10 Year Member at TPU
  23. MarcusTaz

MarcusTaz

Thanks Received:
    Oh the days of "free dlc" they sadly killed off the mod community for the mighty $...
    Best BF2 mod of all time Hard Justice!!

10 Year Member at TPU
  24. boise49ers

boise49ers

Thanks Received:
    Yeah I loved that map. That was a great sniper map, hide in the shadow's back when I actually enjoyed sniping. BF2 runs on w7 not sure about 8.

25. Wrigleyvillain

Wrigleyvillain PTFO or GTFO

Thanks Received:
    Wait you guys are only just playing Skyrim now? Seriously? It's been cheap/on sale for ages.

I don't play some games until years later either but I still find this strange.