1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

OFFICIAL Battlefield 4 (Discussion)

Discussion in 'Games' started by TheMailMan78, Feb 19, 2013.

1. Wrigleyvillain

Wrigleyvillain PTFO or GTFO

Thanks Received:
    They just introduced these 'shortcut packs' (Pistol, Shotty and DMR) like they offer for BF3 and I read will be free to Premium users. But don't quote me on that.

And GF had code for Premium for $40 but I waited to hear if anyone used it already at OCN for some dumb reason and now it's dead.

2. boise49ers

boise49ers

Thanks Received:
    I think it is free for everybody. This was just posted couple posts back. I got mine. That little shottie could be fun.
    Anyone hear when we can use them? Gonna play some Caspian Border tonite. How you guy's liking it so far ?

Update: Every thing is live now. http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/

Last edited: Feb 19, 2014
  3. mastrdrver

mastrdrver

Thanks Received:
    We switched the sever to alternate between CTF and Conquest on the new maps. A little fustrated since we had the server full early, but then on a map change the server got stuck and I had to kick everyone from it to get it to change maps. Did not get going again like before. Will try tomorrow see what happens.

I think DICE is retarded for making the Russian spawn on Metro CTF outside of the building and the flag inside. That's just bad design.

Hey, heard you when you were in the server earlier though couldn't make out what you said. I asked you what you said but got no response. Not sure if you did not hear me since I've had that happen from time to time with in game VOIP for some reason.

4. boise49ers

boise49ers

Thanks Received:
    Well played a little conquest on Gulf of Oman and Domination on Caspian and Firestorm.
    The Dom maps are set up nice. That storm that blows in sure make things difficult for air support in Oman :)
    Had some glitching in Oman though falling through the floors of building and popping out of walls.Got my Scar set up too, friggin love it.

5. MT Alex

MT Alex

Thanks Received:
    No, that's MY Scar. Bad Idaho, bad, bad boy.

MxPhenom 216 says thanks.
  6. boise49ers

boise49ers

Thanks Received:
    Yeah I just got the heavy barrel I haven't used it with that yet. Thing is a beast ! I'm gonna run it awhile on Dom and TDM to bump my K/D up and get used to it then take it out for a spin. So far second assault has the best Dom , TDM maps.

7. 1Kurgan1

1Kurgan1 The Knife in your Back

Thanks Received:
    I seen someone asking if someone heard them in squad, but I was getting ready to split so I wasn't really checking names. I have in-game VOIP sound off normally though since I've played with some people who just had their mic's stuck on with background noise.

mastrdrver says thanks.
  8. Wrigleyvillain

Thanks Received:
    1Kurgan1 says thanks.
  9. erixx

erixx

Thanks Received:
    personal opinion: Firestorm not much (kill switch is cool though), but the other 3 maps (Metro, Oman SPECIALLY, caspian...) are much IMPROVED

10. boise49ers

boise49ers

Thanks Received:
  11. Black Haru

Black Haru

Thanks Received:
    I don't want shortcuts. I have all the guns. I want proper netcode and weapon balance. also, the new maps are barely changed.

MT Alex says thanks.
  12. broken pixel

broken pixel

Thanks Received:
    ^ Sure would be nice but I doubt it will ever be fixed properly. I miss the good old days of dedicated servers and when modding was not fround upon by the Corp Gaming Machine.

13. DannibusX

DannibusX

Thanks Received:
    Oh snap, I got discovered playing BF4 on a non-PC device.

14. broken pixel

broken pixel

Thanks Received:
    A few more Torpedo XIPAs and another bowl I should be ready for some BF4 beta.

15. boise49ers

boise49ers

Thanks Received:
    Actually I disagree on Caspian Border. The walls, towers, tubes and under ground stuff makes a big difference on
    game play as far as I seen. Gulf of Oman the storm is the only big thing. Don't have any time in Metro and probably
    won't, firestorm I just played Dom. Caspain Border will be my new TDM , Dom go to map for sure.

1Kurgan1 and MT Alex say thanks.
  16. MT Alex

MT Alex

Thanks Received:
    Try some Deschutes Inversion IPA, used to drink the Torpedoes but not after tasting that sweet nectar. Stone IPA is super good, too, but a bit spendy, really, anything with Cascade hops is the bomb daddy.

broken pixel says thanks.
  17. broken pixel

broken pixel

Thanks Received:
    I will try and locate it among this back ass village I currently reside among. Nacogdoches, TX. Bah!

As many IPAa I futher into my bowls BF4 FB2 engine will never be what the masses would want.

If the Mod peeps could get BF3 and deidicated servers it would trump BF4 in playability. Even though BF3 still does trump BF4 in playabilty after many years of patch, patch, bitch, investors.

Many xIPAs

Last edited: Feb 20, 2014
    MT Alex says thanks.
  18. mastrdrver

mastrdrver

Thanks Received:
    They put out a new server patch with Second Assault and while there are not any notes yet on Battlelog, you are now able to change the ticket count without the server showing up in Battlelog as being a Custom preset. Prior it required a plugin that would change the ticket count before the next round started and then would change it back to 100% a little ways in so that the server would show up in searches. I don't know how long it took in BF3, but this was way too long in my opinion. Maybe now there will be more Conquest servers that are more then the default ticket count.

19. Hilux SSRG

Hilux SSRG

Thanks Received:

Is it me or does BF4 play better with an IPA on hand at all times - my current choice is the Sculpin IPA.

MT Alex and broken pixel say thanks.
  20. MxPhenom 216

MxPhenom 216 Corsair Fanboy

Thanks Received:
    The game has dedicated servers??? Just not server side netcode, etc.

21. MxPhenom 216

MxPhenom 216 Corsair Fanboy

Thanks Received:
    Rainier! :p

22. Bow

Bow

Thanks Received:
    I like that windstorm in Oman
    Some one send me a case of The Mens Room Red. I will PP you the money.:toast:

Crunching for Team TPU
  23. Wrigleyvillain

Thanks Received:
    We are going to need to see your Beerware feedback, Sir.

Yeah the general consensus is that Caspian is much changed, and for the better. However, my non-Premium ass would not know at this time.

Bow says thanks.
  24. broken pixel

broken pixel

Thanks Received:
    Actual dedicated servers, remember the good old days or where you born with an xbox controller in hand?

I do not want to speak of the tick/Hz rate on the server side. Etc.....................

The servers are not dedicated, they are controlled.

25. Wrigleyvillain

Thanks Received:
    Ok ok Phenom may be young but he is not a peasant. To clarify, though, he means "dedicated" as in you could download the server package for a particular game and run one yourself on a spare rig at home, in some cases even under Linux if you wanted, and thus had true and complete control of it as well as various game mechanics and options such as "tick rate" (not to mention you get 0 ping in-game as on the same LAN--admin perk!). And it was free.

Yeah shit was better then.

MT Alex says thanks.