1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

OFFICIAL Battlefield 4 (Discussion)

Discussion in 'Games' started by TheMailMan78, Feb 19, 2013.

1. boise49ers

boise49ers

Thanks Received:
    I haven't even went on it yet. I bail every time the server goes to Metro. Getting that way with Locker too.
    How do you like the Caspian Border map ? That is probably my favorite now followed by Zavod.

2. MT Alex

MT Alex

Thanks Received:
    All of the guard towers on the wall have made it a sniper whore playground, even worse than it was in BF3. I like the looks but I'm not sure if I like the way it plays, now.

3. Black Haru

Black Haru

Thanks Received:
    finally got them all

[​IMG]

MT Alex says thanks.
  4. boise49ers

boise49ers

Thanks Received:
    I like to shoot a rocket from Hilltop (The High rock next to the road or right to the left at the fallen tower tube entrance)
    to the top of the middle guard tower and blow them off of it. You can take the fallen tube down and get to the
    bottom of it pretty easily too and then go up the stairs and lob grenades to the top. I enjoy the cat and mouse that map
    provides. I probably spend 1/2 of the CB matches right in that 3 base area fighting over shit. B , C and D.

So who is going to make up a TPU platoon? Gunny and Alex are the ones
    I see playing the most consistently. They have my vote :)

Last edited: Feb 27, 2014
  5. Wrigleyvillain

Wrigleyvillain PTFO or GTFO

Thanks Received:
    Premium $40 at GamersGate. Downloading SA now wooo! Did not expect to see a sale at least until after SA public!

6. boise49ers

boise49ers

Thanks Received:
    Finally :)

7. MxPhenom 216

MxPhenom 216 Corsair Fanboy

Thanks Received:
    You are a whore old maaaan!

8. Wrigleyvillain

Thanks Received:
    Heh heh sniped a sniper off the Caspian tower from like 800M with a staff shell.

9. MxPhenom 216

Thanks Received:
    Video or it didn't happen.

10. boise49ers

boise49ers

Thanks Received:
    I just got it this morning. Then I went to the test range. The mouse setting make it difficult to fly.
    I am going to try setting up a separate mouse for just that tonite and try it out. It needs to be set on
    a very low DPI. It is a hell of a lot easier then the other flying objects in game that is for sure.

11. 1Kurgan1

1Kurgan1 The Knife in your Back

Thanks Received:
    Call me crazy, but I kind of like new Metro. Not that I'll go out of my way to play it, but the fact that they added another hallway on the side at the choke point at B that allows you to go around and outside or go in makes the map much better.

There use to be a app for BC2 that allowed you to adjust mouse speed for flying vehicles, tanks, and foot soldiers independently. It was extremely nice, never could find anything like it for BF3 and still haven't seen anything for BF4. And it's just clunky to bump my movement speed, or remember to adjust it if I have to bail quickly and get into a fire fight.

12. MxPhenom 216

Thanks Received:
    Maybe we could get @Mindweaver to make one. Or try.

13. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Need help. How do I get Battlescreen on my 2nd monitor? If that doesn't work, how do I get the map on my 2nd monitor?

10 Year Member at TPU
  14. Mindweaver

Mindweaver Moderato®™ Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Let me see what I can put together. I need to put out a new release for my "BF4 Config Utility". I'll see if I can add this feature. :toast:

Use my "BF4 Browser Utility". I use it and it has an auto refresh that you can turn on. :toast:

EDIT: Also, run BF4 in borderless mode or you'll have to alt&tab out to get to battlelog.

broken pixel says thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  15. Wrigleyvillain

Thanks Received:
    Awww man I never record :(

Note I did not claim "on the first shot". More like fifth. A few of them up there (of course) and those shells just sail with no drop so it's actually relatively easy. I am going to see if I can get an AP shell up near the top from back behind spawn. And TV missiles, lol. Oh wait, is there a LAV in that map?

Erocker just drag the Battle Log browser window over there manually and maximize it then hit the Battle Screen button on bottom. F11 to fullscreen (Firefox). Would be nice if it were less steps/more automatic but...

Last edited: Feb 27, 2014
  16. boise49ers

boise49ers

Thanks Received:
    That is exactly what I'm worried about. I'll switch back to gunning and wonder why I'm moving like a sloth. I'm gonna try it tonite though.
    After I get one kill I have other things I'm going to go back to trying to get, I haven't got the AUG yet and the son is driving me nuts about it.
    Problem is I play almost all Conquest and if I run assault I feel like I left my pecker at home. Just no tools for having fun :)

Erocker use a different browser for battle screen. Not your battlelog browser.Open up battle screen then drag url icon onto the second monitor desktop. All you have
    to do is click on it before you go to battle log on the primary screen. As long as you are logged in with both browsers it'll automatically give you the game on battle screen
    you are joining. Make sure that secondary "battlescreen" browser is set up to open on the secondary monitor.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2014
  17. 1Kurgan1

Thanks Received:
    If you can make it happen I will be an instant user. I'm not sure why only the BC2 utility I use to use had it and never anything after, I just figured it disappeared from the INI's or something. Which is rather disappointing considering right now it feels like my Jet barely turns (granted I don't like flying much), but would also like to tweak my chopper and tank speeds, but they are locked and tied to each other which just seems like a horrible system to me.

Yeah thats my issue with Medic. In TDM or Domination it's almost a given, you have to run it or, on Locker or Metro. But anywhere else I just feel I give up far too much not running Engi. And kinda feel the same for Support, just have to be too suicidal to run it on CQ to get vehicles. Also the AUG's ok, but if your playing larger maps it's not the most accurate at range since it's a Bullpup, probably will be better with something more accurate unless your looking to muck it up a bit and get in closer.

18. boise49ers

boise49ers

Thanks Received:
    Where the hell is MM ? Been kind of quiet on the board here lately:laugh:

19. HammerON

HammerON The Watchful Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    I believe he is on "vacation" for a couple months....

1Kurgan1 says thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  20. AlienIsGOD

AlienIsGOD

Thanks Received:
    has someone made a platoon yet for TPU yet?

Crunching for Team TPU
  21. Ralfies

Ralfies

Thanks Received:
    Does anyone else use SweetFX? I've been using it since January with no issues but I got booted from my first game yesterday. I use SMAA with 2xMSAA in game(helps with distant objects) plus some sharpening and contrast adjustments. The game looks and runs a million times better, but I don't want to get banned for using it.

22. mastrdrver

mastrdrver

Thanks Received:
    Did you not get a reason why you were kicked?

23. boise49ers

boise49ers

Thanks Received:
    If you get kicked again let us know what it says. I'd try it if PB doesn't have you banned.

24. 1Kurgan1

Thanks Received:
    I ran that and some of the other comparable things before SweetFX came out in BF3 for almost the entire duration of BF3's "main title" life and never got kicked once for it. I know a lot of people were worried, there was a lot of talks about being banned for it and such, but yeah I never once had an issue, I can't see it being any different here. But like asked, what exactly were you kicked for that made you know it was SweetFX?

25. Ralfies

Ralfies

Thanks Received:
    PB gave me a "Restriction: Disallowed Program/Driver" and I assumed it must have been SweetFX. Haven't had a problem since though, so I'm not sure why it booted me. I haven't made any changes since I got that error but everything is peachy now.